Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)
Feeding your skin with Smoothies!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
I saved a little of the avocado I put in my smoothie today and used it as a face mask. It made my skin really soft.
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Claudia, I tried your broccoli soup recipe with squash last night and the family loved it. My son and DH asked if we could have that kind of soup with different veggies every night.
Next I'll try butternut squash. I've also thought about zucchini.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks to Toby that started this thread!
I've been drinking green smoothies for a little over 2 weeks. I do look better. I'm not so sure about the lower face sag just yet but my skin is so much better.
I went to work last Friday, tired, well it's Friday and a coworker looked at me and said, "Wow, you look bright and rested. You look different." I told her it must be the green smoothies but she didn't believe me. She thought it was my hair.
Oh and my boyfriend can't figure out why I look good either even though I tell him about the smoothies. He claims it's because the "meaness" has left me. Bad Grin
Kim
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Queen... Nice to know green smoothies make us nicer Laughing

I into three plus weeks on the smoothie diet - a few pounds lighter, feel great, skin looks good but I work on that in so many ways (started a new vitamin/supplement regime that may be a part)... Or else it's placebo effect - in any case I do feel better, less hungry for "bad" food.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
Oh yes, sister sweets....me too, my cravings for sweet food is almost gone. I'm eating so much better too.
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone

has anyone noticed if drinking green smoothies helps with food allergies/intolerances ? The reason I ask is that I was reading in 'Green for Life' that food allergies can be caused in part by our food not being properly digested.

I have noticed as I've got older that I'm sensitive to alot of foods I used to be able to eat with no problems. I know our digestive systems slow down as we age, so I thought these issues may be related,

thanks

Jackie xx
queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Jackie,
I've been getteing a lot of info from friends doing a special anti-inflammation diet that eliminates wheat, dairy, sugar and alcohol for 6 weeks.
The idea is that many of these sensitivities occur because the food is gmo and filled with chemicals. The idea is to give your body a break and increase the foods that cleanse like vegetables and fruits.
I don't know for sure about the gmo/chemical cause for these allegies (I have them myself) but it does make me think. I'm buying organic and doing this green smoothie every day.
I recently saw a video by a Russian scientist. I didn't know that gmo was banned in the European Community and in Russia too. Makes me nervous.
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi queenpedauque,

yes, it is rather worrying. Thing is, I've became sensitive to even some fruits and veg. Carrots make me nauseous, and goji berries make my eyes red and sore, it's really weird. I've also noticed white flour can make my skin a bit itchy,

thanks

Jackie xx
IMCathy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sorry for not being able to find out-
what is gmo? Is it genetically engineered organsims?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
IMCathy wrote:
I'm sorry for not being able to find out-
what is gmo? Is it genetically engineered organsims?

Genetically modified organism (I think GEO is the same thing?)
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, it is, Cathy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
TTD wrote:
Hi cm5597:
1. I used to eat one piece of fruit/ veg at a time generally. I was very busy at that time so would just grab something and cram it in. Eg breakfast eat a couple of carrots, morning tea a cucumber, lunch a bag of spinach, afternoon tea a banana, dinner a mixed vegetables, supper an apple. It was more smallish(still felt big as was not hungry) amounts spaced throughout day.

Wow! That doesn't sound like very much food. Have you done a nutrient analysis of your diet before to make sure you're getting enough? For example, a meal for me might be 5 bananas + 1/2 lb of greens, and that would give me 500 calories. But in the beginning, when I first did raw, I could only eat 1/2-2/3 that much at once.

TTD wrote:

I felt a) oversatisfied! but I think I might still have been c) deficient nutrient wise. I have salty, fatty cravings - always have - I thought this was normal as humans are built to seek this type of food out from when it was less plentiful in the past. It seems some people crave sweet things though! I know I need more leafy greens for sure.

Yeah, it sounds like you might not be getting enough calories and hence nutrients. I'd recommend using nutridiary.com or a similar nutrition analysis software to track your meals for a week to see how you are doing. I found this is to be indispensible for me in the beginning.

Take care! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
Yes I have just started on nutridiary. Thanks for reminding me to do my input!
TheFitChick

Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi- my first post!
Just wanted to mention (hope it wasn't written before...had a hard time going thru the past 18pgs all in one fail swoop...) that I too juice and/or blend on a near-daily basis!
I have the Jack La Lane (sp?) juicer which is impossible to clean effectively & my blender is a regular run 'o the mill one from WallyMart.
For my veggie juices, I add fresh ginger slices from the root I buy at Trader Joes and keep in the freezer. Parsley or celery also helps the taste and supposedly makes it a better pH drink.
When I do a smoothie, I add either my fish oil or borage oil and flaxseed meal so I get my omegas.
I recently started adding green tea powder- can't taste it! More antioxidants! Wink
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome fitchick - lots of good advice on EDS.

I put celery in my smoothie yesterday and today for the first time. I didn't realize the info about the ph of celery - I did notice it adds something to the flavor.

With fall approaching here I know the days of fresh fruits and veggies are coming to an end - at least the organic stuff I get at our local farmer's market. I feel so much better buying there Vs grocery. I've noticed a difference in my cravings and have lost at least 3 pounds or so since adding the daily smoothie to my diet. As Claudia mentioned at one point I have to remember to add in the protein.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Do you girls just drink 1 or 2 smoothies a day and continue with your regular diet? Or have you changed to a complete raw vegan diet?

I dont think I can give up alcohol and fried food!

But I do wanna give this a go.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:28 am      Reply with quote
I think you have to start where you are and not make strict rules on yourself. I try to have two smoothies a day and still eat two or three meals. I continue to have animal protein and eat the best I can. I am avoiding bread and dairy and eating more fish and chicken than beef. I am losing the desire for as much protein as I used to consume. I am honestly following was seems like my body is comfortable with right now. The smoothies I crave and I am eating less at mealtime because I am not very hungry. If I end up a vegan, which I doubt, it will be because my body is responding well with that type of eating. But with my work and lifestyle being a vegan would be very difficult so at present I am a smoothie girl for sure and then eating the rest of my meals as healthy as possible. I do have wine and eat less than the best if I am dining out and want something different. For me at this phase of life I am more successful with listening to my body than making dietary rules.....been there and done that Laughing I am thrilled that I can make up smoothies and be very independent of food knowing my smoothies will carry me through. Also if I eat poorly I feel the smoothies will fill in the nutritional gap. This way of eating is for life and I am so happy with the new plan. Very Happy And my skin is GLOWING!!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I think you have to start where you are and not make strict rules on yourself. I try to have two smoothies a day and still eat two or three meals. I continue to have animal protein and eat the best I can. I am avoiding bread and dairy and eating more fish and chicken than beef. I am losing the desire for as much protein as I used to consume. I am honestly following was seems like my body is comfortable with right now. The smoothies I crave and I am eating less at mealtime because I am not very hungry. If I end up a vegan, which I doubt, it will be because my body is responding well with that type of eating. But with my work and lifestyle being a vegan would be very difficult so at present I am a smoothie girl for sure and then eating the rest of my meals as healthy as possible. I do have wine and eat less than the best if I am dining out and want something different. For me at this phase of life I am more successful with listening to my body than making dietary rules.....been there and done that Laughing I am thrilled that I can make up smoothies and be very independent of food knowing my smoothies will carry me through. Also if I eat poorly I feel the smoothies will fill in the nutritional gap. This way of eating is for life and I am so happy with the new plan. Very Happy And my skin is GLOWING!!!!

Thanks Toby!

You have another convert here. I'm going to try out the green smoothies tmr. I got a whole bunch of recipes online and I'll start off with one smoothie a day in the morning. And see where that leads me.

I want glowing skin too! But most importantly, I read that green smoothies can help with allergies which I suffer a lot from.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
After drinking green smoothies almost daily for about a month - I guess that's how long I've been at it....
I absolutely agree with Toby. I think you have to start where you are and not make strict rules on yourself. That is great advice Toby!
The skin looks nice, figure is trim and lean, and I'm hooked on the daily smoothie (I'm still only at one but I load it up).
I eat at least one meal a day but my breakfast - lunch is a 25 oz smoothie packed full of goodies. My choice for dinner is usually something healthy. My potato chip * spam alert * is gone. This is the most remarkable part of it. I truly do not yearn for junk food. In fact - the opposite is true. Although -
Tonight I'm having red wine (that * spam alert * is still there!) and no guilt. I doubt I'll ever become totally raw but today I stocked the refrigerator with tons of fresh fruits and veggies from the local farmer's market and I'm ready for a full week of smoothies and then some - wow - found the most gorgeous peck of honey crisp apples. Wish I could pass them around.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
Reporting some updates with smoothies. I was diagnosed with severe dry eyes during the same week I started my venture with smoothies. My doctor told me I might never be able to wear contacts again. I had a test done and was producing no tears. So I ordered glasses and went along with the diagnosis thinking where there is a will, there is a way. Well folks two months later I am back to wearing my contacts and producing tears like normal. I added flaxseed oil to my smoothies and that is probably what has made the difference. The doctor is very shocked by the sudden reverse...maybe I should give him a smoothie Laughing

I would like to encourage all of you to read the material on green smoothies by Victoria Boutenko.I have both books and today gota dvd that I ordered from them that was all of 5.00!!!!It is actually two dvds running three hours. It is very good information and will help you understand the big picture for health benefits. This is the website.http://www.rawfamily.com/news/2009/09_09_1.html
Cheers to green smoothies Image

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
Checked out that website and it's super great. Lot's of mini video's to watch - very inspiring. Thanks Toby.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask if anyone has tried gelatin in their smoothies ? I know there are mixed opinions on whether it is good for nails etc, but as I can't seem to tolerate Collagen or Hyaluronic Acid capsules, I wondered if this might be worth a try,

thanks

Jackie xx
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:36 am      Reply with quote
I'm drinking a green smoothie that has papaya, orange, banana, mustard greens, and coconut oil, and it is like a dessert - absolutely delicious.

I'm hoping that all my moles will drop off - I have tons of moles. Has anyone had that happen?
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie,
Victoria, that wrote the Green for Life experienced this the first month that she started drinking green smoothies. Several moles fell off her face but she had been eating fresh and raw for four years prior to that. Also she had been using kale as her greens that first month. kale is very detoxing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Toby. Kale is one I haven't tried. I'll have to get that next time and hope for the best.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |