Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
collagen supplements
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lilac19
5% products discount

Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:23 am      Reply with quote
I posted this in the EDS lounge and no one answered so I thought I'd try it here. Does anyone take these and do you find them helpful in anyway? I have also been reading about MSM and it's benefits and I've ordered some of that. Any reviews on that? Also where is the best place to purchase them, there are so many sites my brain was fried looking at all of them.
LLucy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:31 am      Reply with quote
I tried the Hydraplenish with MSM for awhile and noticed some slight plumping of my lips with it.

I'm interested in the UltraColl supplement sold on Ebay. It's made from marine collagen, and supposedly supplies collagen types I,II,III and VII, not just II. I'd love to hear from anyone who's tried it. Smile
mayhua
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
collagen powder from the brand Meiji. works for me. although i'm 50yrs, i'm always complimented that i don'tlook my age. people always guess i'm around 42yrs.
lilyofthevalley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:33 am      Reply with quote
I think there is a brand named PureLogicol is good for Collagen supplements. There supplements are a realistic alternative to collagen and botox injections working internally and aesthetically naturally to firm and plump up the skin.
icyj
5% products discount

Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:05 am      Reply with quote
i've eaten candies that have collagen as an ingredient in them!! Yummy
freedom37
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:02 am      Reply with quote
I tried them years ago but didnt notice a bit of difference, sorry. Sad
wen_goldfish
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
is gelatin a form of collagen too? i can eat tonnes of jello Very Happy
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Lilac19 wrote:
I posted this in the EDS lounge and no one answered so I thought I'd try it here. Does anyone take these and do you find them helpful in anyway? I have also been reading about MSM and it's benefits and I've ordered some of that. Any reviews on that? Also where is the best place to purchase them, there are so many sites my brain was fried looking at all of them.

I've taken collagen supplements (Fancl Tense Up, Meiji collagen) and also MSM. I prefer MSM because it's cheaper and also gives benefits on my joints and noticeably on my nails whereas the collagen only gives effect on skin. I would rather consume a supplement that helps my body to make its own collagen rather than consuming collagen from another animal. And I am not sure how much of the collagen from the supplement can actually get from consumption since it would be theoretically be broken down in the digestive system.

I purchase Rich MSM fromwww.microwaterman.com. But the Source Naturals MSM powder fromwww.iherb.com is also good (1kg container is quite economical and allows you to gradually increase your dose). It should be taken with vitamin C. Please read the internet regarding MSM as it can produce various side effects when you are taking it for the first time (due to "detoxification" effect).
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
icyj wrote:
i've eaten candies that have collagen as an ingredient in them!! Yummy

Do they not contain sugar? I know they recently launched 'Collagen Marshmellows' at Havery Nichols. Kinda defeats the object if they contain sugar. Embarassed

I'm not an expert but I've read that following a low GI diet will stop glycation (which breaks down collagen).

P.s. I've heard that taking Hyaluronic acid capsules plumps up the skin. I'm going to begin taking them, I will let you know how it works out. Smile
carmina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:04 am      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:
Lilac19 wrote:

I've taken collagen supplements (Fancl Tense Up, Meiji collagen) and also MSM. I prefer MSM because it's cheaper and also gives benefits on my joints and noticeably on my nails whereas the collagen only gives effect on skin. I would rather consume a supplement that helps my body to make its own collagen rather than consuming collagen from another animal. And I am not sure how much of the collagen from the supplement can actually get from consumption since it would be theoretically be broken down in the digestive system.

I purchase Rich MSM fromwww.microwaterman.com. But the Source Naturals MSM powder fromwww.iherb.com is also good (1kg container is quite economical and allows you to gradually increase your dose). It should be taken with vitamin C. Please read the internet regarding MSM as it can produce various side effects when you are taking it for the first time (due to "detoxification" effect).

Thanks for the inforamtion. Could I ask what kind of side effect there would be when people begin to take collagen for the first time?
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:27 am      Reply with quote
carmina wrote:
m1rox wrote:
Lilac19 wrote:

Thanks for the inforamtion. Could I ask what kind of side effect there would be when people begin to take collagen for the first time?

Sorry the side effects mentioned are for the MSM. MSM and collagen are not the same. There are few side effects with taking collagen unless you are allergic to the source of the collagen. Some people taking Meiji collagen report weight gain because the collagen is in a powder mixed with sugary/milky substance to make it have a nicer taste.
carmina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:16 am      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:

Sorry the side effects mentioned are for the MSM. MSM and collagen are not the same. There are few side effects with taking collagen unless you are allergic to the source of the collagen. Some people taking Meiji collagen report weight gain because the collagen is in a powder mixed with sugary/milky substance to make it have a nicer taste.

Ah, I see your point. I thought MSM is one kind of supplement similar to Collagen so maybe they all have some similar side effect. Thank you for your explanation. It's very useful.
Skitahoe
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
I take BioCell Collagen Type II with Hylauronic Acid 100 mg 2X a day for my skin. I purchased it at the Vitamin Shoppe.

Is this the right product I should take? Will this do anything for my skin (young, oily, acne-prone, redness prone, sensitive, hyperpigmented), should I try a better collagen product, or not waste my money?
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
This topic hasn't had any replies for a few years but I thought I would give it a bump with my own experience...

I've been taking Neocell Super Collagen type I and III powder, one scoop mixed with OJ every morning for almost a month (also with a vitamin C chewable supplement) and I have to say I'm pretty impressed. I know there are some people that say taking collagen internally makes no difference what so ever but I've noticed a definite improvement in my hair and skin, mostly my lips of all things. They are certainly plumper and feel as though they have lip balm on all hours of the day and this is coming from a chronic dry lip sufferer. Hair is even more soft, almost to the point of being too much...if their is such a thing Laughing I'm definitely sold on it....and it's super cheap, like 8 bucks at VitaCost for a month supply...a keeper in my opinion, I think its made more of an improvement than the MSM I used to take and hated the taste of...

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
feya
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, such results in just 1 month! Def will have to look into this.
butterfliesandflowers
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Ooo will look in to this ! Thanks for the information Smile
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:28 am      Reply with quote
It wouldn't make your hair soft in one month, though, would it? Not unless you applied it externally! New regrowth that would be affected by supplements wouldn't be noticeable in one month?
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:43 am      Reply with quote
If it's not the collagen that has made my hair extremely soft then I don't know what has done it as I haven't been doing anything different otherwise...but hey, I will take it whatever it is Laughing

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:24 am      Reply with quote
Maybe it made your hands soft so your hair feels different Laughing I saw your pic in the hair thread BTW, you look great! Whatever you are doing is working!
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:30 am      Reply with quote
Hahaha...I never thought of that! Maybe it really is my hands, seems logical Smile

Awwww...thanks very much for the compliment, I owe my transformation to EDS totally. It has been my skin savior.

System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |