Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Your most disappointing high-end product or treatment?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Justine1900
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
For me, it was La Prairie skincare, and some surgical removal of moles that left big scars.

You?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
Cellcosmet products Confused
NuFace
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
I second Cellcosmet. Also, Valmont and ZO Skin Health.
MarieIG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
I had lazer treatments to remove those red/blue veins that showed through the skin. On one occasion that I did this, I was left with hyperpigmentation all over my right cheek.

5% products discount

Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Carita day lotion. It didn't do much for me.
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
Zo skincare, Perricone, just to name a few and yes the beloved 302 skincare on the other forum made my skin a mess.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
STOP
NuFace

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
For me it would also be LaPrairie. I bought many products from La Prairie and didn't like it and it is very pricey.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine and leeleedeedee ,
can you please tell me what didn't you like in Cellcosmet and Valmont, is it product itself or price?
Thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
TNS
NuFace
Creme de la mer (total crap that one)

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
Nuface
Prolight lights
Stop

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
la mer, la prairie, carita, erno laszlo
mayhua
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
for me, the famous SKII essence. make my dehydrated skin looked worse.so impressed with all the raves about this product but was such a let down!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Amatokin,Hylexin and strivectin all fraudulent products made by the Voss company,a complete hoax
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
Agree about strivectin. Had me fooled - great gimmicky advertising. I will never get taken in again.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
Valmont...money down the drain.
Pureskin

Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:17 am      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
Nuface
Prolight lights
Stop

Are you referring to Rita Page's lights? Please tell me your experience, I've been thinking about purchasing them.
tckmtracy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:52 am      Reply with quote
It must be Guerlain Orchidee Imperiale Cream (Original one). The effectivesness is not obvious...... I just felt nourishing on my skin but no other effects (brightening/moisturizing/firming.............)
How can it cost a lot???
annesun
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:02 am      Reply with quote
lancome Tonique Confort,for sensitive and dry skin, it casuse red pimples,allergic Crying or Very sad

clinque 3 steps, not much efect,maybe only good for very young skin Confused
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lara.....the Cellcosmet and Valmont just did "nothing" for me. Did not improve my skin in any way whatsoever. The Cellcosmet Eye Cream that many on this forum really like was actually too "drying" for me. For the price of Cellcosmet and Valmont I want to see visible improvements and I didn't.
dionnac1
5% products discount

Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:21 am      Reply with quote
La Praire and SK II for me as well. I did not have any obvious improvements with these...although I will say that I was in my mid 20s when I tried them so that is probably why.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:25 am      Reply with quote
Kinerase. Did absolutely nothing for me.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Lara1 wrote:
RussianSunshine and leeleedeedee ,
can you please tell me what didn't you like in Cellcosmet and Valmont, is it product itself or price?
Thanks

I do not mind paying a high price for products that work. I'd rather spend $200-300 on a cream and love every application, then spend $60 and throw the cream out.

I used half of the Cellcosmet eye cream, half of their Night cream and half of their Dual Exfoliant and have not noticed any effects on my skin at all Confused

As for the Valmont, I have mixed feelings about the whole line. I love their masks (except for thier Nature line), Valmont Hair line and I believe that their Glacier Eye cream is the absolute best! But I'm sure one can find cheaper alternatives to some of their products.

So the right answer would be " IN COMPARISON to all the other eye creams that I've used, Valmont Glacier Eye cream is the best"

On the other hand, Valmont Galcier Serum was a big waste of money! (600CAD)

sigma wrote:
Nuface
Prolight lights
Stop

sigma, looks like gadgets is not your cup of tea ! Very Happy
sab
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:59 am      Reply with quote
hi ladies... actually what were your expectation when purchasing and using those products? what kind of result you would like to see and how fast you wanna see such kind of result will happen? Question
carmina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:20 am      Reply with quote
some products of La Prairie and La mer is really disappointing!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |