Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Did anyone buy Finacea gel from AllDayChemist?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Is it effective?

I've been using it for so long but have not noticed any improvements. Sad

Is it just their Finacea gel is not good, or is it simple not an effective acne treatment for me?
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi, RussianSunshine -
I didn't buy mine from AllDayChemist, but hopefully others who did will chime in soon. In the meantime, I have a couple of questions:

1. How long have you been using it?

2. How many times a day do you apply?

3. Are you applying it to freshly cleansed skin? Any other topicals applied before the Finacea?

4. Are you applying it to only certain areas of your face?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:00 am      Reply with quote
nadjazz ,

1. For 2 weeks
2. morning and night
3. On freshly cleansed skin
4. I apply it only on my chin where I have most breakouts and on the sides of the nose where I have blackheads, and on my neck where I have a few breakouts that have been there for ages and do not go away.

I do have GoW Anti-blemish cream with 5% Azelaic acid and get more (even though very slow) results from it than from the Finacea Gel Sad
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Hmmm...everything you are doing sounds good! Hopefully someone who has purchased from AllDayChemist will respond soon.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't buy from All Day Chemist but in Australia.
Unfortunatedly I hate it! I have been using it for two weeks and my acne got worse and my pores got enlarged. My skin looked very bad, like old paper.
So I went back to my "old" benzoylperoxide (which I hoped I could replace) and in two days my skin looked a little bit better and my acne improved. Five days later everything was okay again with some break outs now and then and here and there. Think I have to live with that.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:37 am      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:
Hmmm...everything you are doing sounds good! Hopefully someone who has purchased from AllDayChemist will respond soon.

nadjazz, is it supposed to tingle?
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:17 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:

nadjazz, is it supposed to tingle?

Some people may experience that tingle or itch, but not everyone does. For me, it depends on whether I apply immediately after cleansing. If I wait 20-30 mins, I don't feel anything. Also, my dry patches of skin feel it, my oily areas (like my nose) don't feel anything at all.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
I had this on my future purchase list as other members said it works wonders for blackheads on the nose. Is there anywhere else to purchase it besides Alldaychemist if your not in Australia?
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, kdd2411. I'm in the US, and my derm actually wrote me a prescription for finacea. My insurance didn't cover much, so it was MUCH cheaper for me to order from Australia. I ordered mine from epharmacy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:
Hi, kdd2411. I'm in the US, and my derm actually wrote me a prescription for finacea. My insurance didn't cover much, so it was MUCH cheaper for me to order from Australia. I ordered mine from epharmacy.

Thanks I will check it out.
HopeIsNotEnough
5% products discount

Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi!

I just recently purchased finacea from ADC and have been using it for the past three days (at night after cleansing and in the morning only on problem spots before my sunscreen and makeup).
The finacea offered on ADC is the 20% cream version whereas what most people here are probably referring to is the 15% gel version. I am debating about which one is more effective - cream or gel. If anyone here has an opinion about that or has tried both, please share!
From what I understand the gel is a little more drying than the cream and the gel absorbs into the skin more easily.
I want to try the gel version if it will give me faster/better results.. I went ahead and ordered it from ADC my frist time (a couple of weeks ago) because I was ordering other things and wanted to make the $25 shipping worth it! In the future, I want to either order from Austrailia or get a script from my doctor and figure out how much the copay would be.

5% products discount

Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:

Hi Nadine,

I'm trying to decide whether it would be better to get a script and buy here (in the US) or order online from Austrailia for next time. How much would it have cost with your insurance??

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
Canadian pharmacies do not carry Finacea gel
Sad I checked 5 pharamacies and they all said
"We've never heard of it"
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
HopeIsNotEnough wrote:

Hi Nadine,

I'm trying to decide whether it would be better to get a script and buy here (in the US) or order online from Austrailia for next time. How much would it have cost with your insurance??

Hi, Hope -
I should explain that I have one of those high-deductible health plans, so at the beginning of the year, I usually pay the full price of my prescriptions. The Finacea gel would have cost approx $115 at my local pharmacy. From epharmacy, a slightly smaller tube (like one oz less) cost me somewhere around $25, plus shipping. It's been months since I placed my order, so I don't remember the exact amounts and details. I just remembered that ordering three tubes from AU was less than the price of one tube from my local pharmacy in the US.

I would suggest that you do the same thing I did: get the script from your derm, take it to your pharmacy and ask them how much it will cost BEFORE you have it filled. My pharmacist at Eckerd's will sometimes take a few days to get back to me when he has to search for a generic equivalent of a new cream. Sometimes I'll tell him I can get it cheaper elsewhere, and he has no problem returning the script to me without filling it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Canadian pharmacies do not carry Finacea gel
Sad I checked 5 pharamacies and they all said
"We've never heard of it"

Thats odd because I originally ordered mine from getcanadiandrugs.com
HopeIsNotEnough
5% products discount

Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:54 am      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:

I should explain that I have one of those high-deductible health plans, so at the beginning of the year, I usually pay the full price of my prescriptions. The Finacea gel would have cost approx $115 at my local pharmacy. From epharmacy, a slightly smaller tube (like one oz less) cost me somewhere around $25, plus shipping. It's been months since I placed my order, so I don't remember the exact amounts and details. I just remembered that ordering three tubes from AU was less than the price of one tube from my local pharmacy in the US.

I would suggest that you do the same thing I did: get the script from your derm, take it to your pharmacy and ask them how much it will cost BEFORE you have it filled. My pharmacist at Eckerd's will sometimes take a few days to get back to me when he has to search for a generic equivalent of a new cream. Sometimes I'll tell him I can get it cheaper elsewhere, and he has no problem returning the script to me without filling it.

Thank you so much for your detailed response! This is actually something else I've been wondering - whether or not I can have the pharmacy tell me how much my copay will be beforehand. I will definitely start doing that with all my prescriptions from now on so there's no unpleasant surprises when I pick it up =)
I know you said it's been a while but do you remember the site you ordered from? And did they send you the finacea brand or a generic?

5% products discount

Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:16 am      Reply with quote
HopeIsNotEnough wrote:
Hi!

I just recently purchased finacea from ADC and have been using it for the past three days (at night after cleansing and in the morning only on problem spots before my sunscreen and makeup).
The finacea offered on ADC is the 20% cream version whereas what most people here are probably referring to is the 15% gel version. I am debating about which one is more effective - cream or gel. If anyone here has an opinion about that or has tried both, please share!
From what I understand the gel is a little more drying than the cream and the gel absorbs into the skin more easily.
I want to try the gel version if it will give me faster/better results.. I went ahead and ordered it from ADC my first time (a couple of weeks ago) because I was ordering other things and wanted to make the $25 shipping worth it! In the future, I want to either order from Australia or get a script from my doctor and figure out how much the copay would be.

Also - to clarify, the 'finacea' offered on ADC is not exactly finacea because it is cream based unlike the gel based finacea. It is actually Aziderm (a generic of Azelex). It's been a week since I've been using it and I can't say I've seen much of a difference yet (positive or negative Neutral ). I do get the tingling after application and the texture of my skin seems to feel a little more matte.
I am hoping to cut out the redness I have on my cheeks, around my nose (I have to use a lot of green stuff to cover it up!). I don't break out too often (just the monthly pms pimple or two) but the pimples I do get always leave scars that never seem to go away - so I am hoping to get some hyperpigmentation fading out of this cream too (any other recommendations for that are welcome).
I will update on whether or not I see any results. For now, I did get my monthly pimple on my chin after 4 days of use Crying or Very sad

5% products discount

Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:51 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Is it effective?

I've been using it for so long but have not noticed any improvements. Sad

Is it just their Finacea gel is not good, or is it simple not an effective acne treatment for me?

Just wondering... Are you still using the finacea that you purchased from ADC? Still no improvement??

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
HopeIsNotEnough wrote:

I know you said it's been a while but do you remember the site you ordered from? And did they send you the finacea brand or a generic?

I just realized I never answered you on this. I ordered from epharmacy, based on the recs from this older thread. Ignore my rambling on that thread about credit card problems...I think it was just me. Very Happy

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=30513&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=finacea&start=0

epharmacy sent me finacea brand, although the tube design is different from the US version...different colors and text. I'm looking at the tube now, and it contains 30g. I believe the US one comes in a 50g tube? I remember my derm gave me generous samples of Finacea, and when they were all used up I switched to the stuff from epharmacy. I could tell no difference in texture and effectiveness.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |