Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Epilator scarring and laser surgery to remove it
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kisabela

Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi! I have normal white skin with sparse but dark hair that i usually got waxed with the stripless wax. i bought the braun epilator and used it for about 3 months before noticing broken capillaries and tons of red dots and ingrowns. only then did I find bad reviews online and horror stories. Either way, I let the hair grow back by shaving with a new razor each day and then got it waxed with strips. I still have everything and it has been 4 months. I feel I have permanently scarred myself and have tried everything on them to make them better. For the ladies who have done laser to get rid of the scarring, can you please tell me what procedure, approx cost and if there were any problems? I am devastated to be considering laser since I am only 23 but this is horrible. Also, maybe there are some people for whom the scars faded with time without laser or with the use of something else? PLEASE share! If there is even the slightest risk of suffering from this, please don't use the epilator.
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Oh gosh that's horrible. Check out realself.com , I find they have quite good features on lasers with testimonials and plastic surgeon's to answer questions. It comes to my mind that you should be taking excellent care of your health so the circulation has a chance to heal the damaged tissue. Try MSM there's a thread on here where a woman described her scar fading considerably. I myself have a scar that's almost gone with a few months use.
The body can be quite incredible, don't give up hope.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thats terrible that happened to you. I have very fair some what sensitive skin and have not had issues like you mentioned using an epilator. I've been using it for over 15 years.

I am curious if the epilator pinched your skin when you used it?

For in the growns a sugar scrub and AHA or BHA lotion will help clear those up.

When you say scarring do you just mean the broken caps/red dots? If so you will likely be able to get it cleared up with laser treatments. Cost will vary though and you usually need more then 1 treatment and often maintenance treatments. Its definitely worth setting up a consultation or 2 to find out what is available and investigate all your options before deciding.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:50 am      Reply with quote
kisabela wrote:
Hi! I have normal white skin with sparse but dark hair that i usually got waxed with the stripless wax. i bought the braun epilator and used it for about 3 months before noticing broken capillaries and tons of red dots and ingrowns. only then did I find bad reviews online and horror stories. Either way, I let the hair grow back by shaving with a new razor each day and then got it waxed with strips. I still have everything and it has been 4 months. I feel I have permanently scarred myself and have tried everything on them to make them better. For the ladies who have done laser to get rid of the scarring, can you please tell me what procedure, approx cost and if there were any problems? I am devastated to be considering laser since I am only 23 but this is horrible. Also, maybe there are some people for whom the scars faded with time without laser or with the use of something else? PLEASE share! If there is even the slightest risk of suffering from this, please don't use the epilator.

I had terrible scarring after using an epilator. In fact, all other epilation methods gave me ingrowing hairs, so I ended up having laser hair removal - which was such a great decision.

It took quite a long time (several months) for the scars to fade, and now I only have one scar - which does seem to be permanent, but all of the others have gone.

You might want to try DDF Glycolic Body Lotion on the scarred areas. That's what I did, and I'm sure it helped to fade them.
kisabela

Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the input girls. the epilator did not pinch my skin. I don't have elevated scars except for the ingrowns but it seems I have irritated my hair follicles so I have tons of the red dots all over my legs and the broken capillaries.

I am currently using a 20% AHA lotion in addition to raw tea tree oil and it seems to be healing somewhat so I think maybe I could have gotten a bacterial infection somehow which the tea tree oil is helping kill? Either way, I'm going to give it time and if it doesn't heal, will go in for laser. either way, something will have to be done with these new capillaries.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |