Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

St. Tropez Self-Tan Bronzing Mousse
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:16 am      Reply with quote
I did a bit of reading on this forum about the St. Tropez Bronzing Mousse. It seems a lot of people like it. I was wondering if this is the type of tanner that you put on and your skin reacts to the chemicals and within a few hours you develop color, or does the product itself have the color in it already and you rub the color on?

Also, what does it smell like? Does it have any type of scent?

Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:31 am      Reply with quote
I absolutely LOVE this stuff. I've tried tuns of different kinds and this stuff is pretty much perfect. It DOES have a smell and it is hard to explain but its pleasant. BUT i wouldn't walk around with the tanner on until you can take a shower to wash off the tanning toner they put in it so you can see where it goes. While you tan you look a little orange but after it has done it's AWESOME JOB it will be about a shade lighter and looks like a REAL TAN. its amazing.. highly recommended!

I am not sure if it "reacts" with your skin or what you meant by that but it stays on and you can shower and swim or whatever and it doesn't come off. If you apply it like every 3 days it will last a very long time. I've never had anyone tell me that they didn't know it wasn't real and was surprised when i told them it was a fake tan! lol. I've converted a lot of pale skinned fiends of mine to try it! Bad Grin

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:51 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply Cyndee. I purchased a bottle of the St. Tropez a few months ago. I haven't gotten around to applying it yet.

I have used in the past Neutrogena's self-tanner lotion and also Jergen's self-tanner mousse. Both are pretty good, other than the usual weird "scent" it leaves behind. I have a wedding to attend this weekend, but not sure if I want to self-tan, as the only spot I have trouble with is around the front of my armpit, in the crease of the arm there, it seems to leave lines there. And, I am wearing a sleeveless dress to this wedding. Maybe I should try to exfoliate and moisturize that spot first. Or, just put off my self-tanning until after this wedding this weekend.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:59 am      Reply with quote
exfoliation is a very gooooood idea. It gets rid of all the dead skin. You might also think about applying some body lotion (VERY LIGHTLY) there if its because of dry skin. If you skin isn't dry, than try to make sure that its not the fact that the skin is creasing there. If a tanner isn't fully dry yet or if you sweat while its still trying to dry and process its color, then it can cause it to "gunk up" there in those creases. Maybe try holding out your arms for a while until it dries and don't get into a situation where it might get sweaty in the mean time. Not suggesting to hold you arms out like a bird for hours though haha. Good Luck. I'm going to a wedding this weekend too! Wearing St. Tropez!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Cyndee!

It is definitely dry skin around that area of my arm pit. It is from excessive use of antiperspirant/deodorant that causes that area to be overly dry on me. Maybe I will give it a try. I have a wrap to wear over my dress, if I have an oops with the tanner. Smile

Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |