Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Constant facial redness
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jbcl91

Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
I suffer from moderate acne, and was using 10% benzoyl peroxide wash as well as differin gel for a while as a source of treatment. A few months into it, my face became extremely red. I've stopped both of these medications (in June), and went to my dermatologist to look for a way to treat this. He put me on hydrocortisone and mometasone furoate and neither of these steroids helped at all.

Around July 1, he put me on doxycycline pills and Noritate metronidazole cream (each twice a day). I suppose the redness has gone down a little bit, but not much. My skin is still very red, particularly on my upper cheeks, and it looks like a have a sunburn that could peel, although it isn't a sunburn and my skin is not peeling at all.

Any ideas on what this could be, and how long it could take to treat/go away? I've never had an issue with redness in the past, and I'm only 17 years old.
Justine1900
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
To me, it sounds as if you have Rosacea. That needs to get checked out by a derm. There are various treatments, and IPL is VERY effective at getting rid of the redness. There is a Rosacea board on Yahoo where you will find out everything you need to know.

Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
You really think its rosacea? This redness just came on seemingly as a direct effect of way to much BP 10% and differin gel.
Justine1900
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
It sounds as if you have already been diagnosed with rosacea. Metronidazole is prescribed for rosacea, but not for acne.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
jbcl91 wrote:

Around July 1, he put me on doxycycline pills and Noritate metronidazole cream (each twice a day). .

I agree with previous poster it sounds like you already was diagnosed with Rosacea. Metronidazole cream is prescribed for rosacea. My father was diagnosed with rosacea and dermatologist prescribed this medication, but my father had an allergic reaction to this medication and he had to use different cream. You should discuss your treatment options with the doctor, there are other medications that work besides metronidazole.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:15 am      Reply with quote
First, need to do some treatment or listen to doctor's advice.

Second, I recommend Pevonia Rosacea line to you, available at EDS.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:23 am      Reply with quote
lilyofthevalley wrote:
First, need to do some treatment or listen to doctor's advice.

Second, I recommend Pevonia Rosacea line to you, available at EDS.

I found that Pevonia Rosacea line is absolutely useless Sad It's all about "smells good - feels nice", but does not help with redness at all.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |