Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
PLEASE ADVICE LADIES .. I NEED ALL YOUR HELP
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
fairy77

Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi girls, i am new here almost 38 i can see a little sag on my face and the loss of the glow , my skin is good otherwise , i don't follow a routine though..except for olay definity line. however i plan to do so now.. with two kids under 5,studying for a career in medicine and home i get very little time for myself.. so i need lots of help from here.
i am planning to lose 50 lbs in next 1 years and worried if my skin will sag on my face?i am going for ageless if you dare and may be facial flex tool if you advice ... i need to build my cheeks and jawline again and prevent further sag when i lose wt.
pls advice anything that could be done i will appreciate your help.i don't get any facials etc advice about that as well.
also advice about the daily routine and exfoliation and peels that i should do .thanks

i am 38 with good skin,olive complexion, little sag or loss of tone and glow,no wrinkles i would say normal to oily skin ((but sometimes its dry when i wash as well ) Confused Confused Confused Confused
fairy77

Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
why no one want to help? pls Crying or Very sad
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
Good for you for trying to take care of yourself. I could lose a little extra as well. Seeing that you are only 38 I don't think you have too much to worry about. Remember on Biggest Loser when Suzi was on. She was the cutest thing and she looked so gorgeous and much younger by the end of the show. Start on some good habits now and keep them up during your program and I think you will look awesome. Hey maybe when you start meeting some of your goals you can splurge on a fancy product or a nice facial.
Good luck!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi, fairy,

Don't be upset if people don't answer immediately. We're all on different time zones and it sometimes takes a while for someone to see your thread and be able to answer it. We're not ignoring you or anything. Very Happy

The Ageless exercises sound like a good thing to start with. Some forum members have also been suggesting chin and neck firming exercises - such as "kiss the ceiling", where you tilt your head back and move your lower jaw so that your bottom lip reaches over your top lip, as if you were kissing the ceiling. Also, another suggestion was to tilt your head back and move your jaw as if you were chewing gum. I've been trying these and they seem to be having quite a quick effect on me!

You might also be interested in this thread about No Lipo Lipo by Carole diMaggio: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=34409

I haven't tried it myself (but I intend to). However, it seems to be a good way of tightening and toning the skin on your body - very useful if you intend on losing so much weight.

Exercises like Pilates should also help you with this.

My skin is dry, so I'm probably not the best person to give you advice on skincare. Hopefully, someone else will chime in with that.

Good luck!
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:33 am      Reply with quote
I would agree...begin regular facial exercises and maybe also consider using an LED light. I think it might help tone a leeeeeetle bit!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 am      Reply with quote
Fairy! Welcome to my dear (almost) 38 year old sister! Laughing We have some of the same issues....my face is virtually line free at 38 (although I will be 39 in December) and my only issue at the moment is my sagging cheeks. I used to be quite heavy at one point (during my pregnancies) but there is quite an age difference in our children with my oldest being 18, followed by a nearly 16 year old and an 8 year old. So, I was at my heaviest when I was younger (at one time I was 223 lbs!!) Now, sitting at 125 lbs which I have been steady at for quite some time, I do believe my up and down weight over the years contributed to my facial sag along with smoking and aging.

Although I have opted for a future mid-face/cheek lift myself, I do agree that facial exercises along with a good diet will help you reduce the effects of losing weight on your face. And of course, someone mentioned an LED light as well which I fully endorse too.

I cannot comment on what to do as far as skin care goes as I am dealing with now normal to dry skin. But diet will totally help with anyone's skin....diets rich in omega's has really done wonders and also the addition of the oral supplements MSM and hyaluronic acid to my diet has made my skin glow....I highly recommend retin-a too...that has been my savior!

But stick around here....this place is a wonderland of info and everyone here is so willing to help...it's a great place!

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
lifecoach
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi Fairy

I have embarked on a trip to lose 100lbs (down 7lbs after 1 week).

I realise that my face will sag (I am 39), so have inserted Gatineau Defi-lift into my Obagi routine. This apparently helps with sagging skin especially along the jawline.
Justine1900
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
A suggestion: lose weight slowly, no more than a pound a week, so that your skin has time to recover; not just your facial skin, but on your body as well.

My own recommendations include upgrading to an excellent diet, constant sunscreen, lots of water, no smoking or alcohol, good supplements, exercise and adequate rest. These things have at least as much impact on the condition of your skin as any product.

Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Wow... so many great advices, what else would i need to take care of myself.. thanks a lot iam so happy iam here,and iam sorry for being so impatient .i thought i ask s stupid questions that you ppl would think oh what a dummy out there..Smile
i never thought i am getting old Crying or Very sad i had a perfect skin still it is good but i do need to take care now.. my life is going thru a stage that should had come 10years back ,2young kids a baby and a restarting a career .. a home and a husband... and yes trying to lose
i will try to lose (if i can ) 1 lb a week iam flexible on it.. what i found after reading all the posts here is
pls advice if you ppl think i need to change something.

morning
face wash (olay definity that i use now)
olay regenerist moisturizer with vitCserum
Night
face wash with small electric brush
any moisturizer with renova + hydroquinone and glycolic acid cream

in adittion
iam thinking to purchase a 1:clarisonic brush.. i dont know though what it does..
2: vacculift smaller one face
3:doing ageless if you dare everyday.
now i need you Experts to help me what i need and what not?any additions or subtractions?

what does the light you mentioned here does?
waiting impatiently:D to hear from you .. thanks a lot thanks again and again
fairy77

Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
another question... my doc wont prescribe renova until iam on 2 type of contraceptives .. that i don't want to have.. where else i can get this?
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:29 am      Reply with quote
Don't worry, fairy. It wasn't a stupid question at all. In fact, we've probably all asked what we think are stupid questions at some time here - I know I have! Laughing I just didn't want you to think that people were ignoring you. It can feel a bit like that when you're waiting for a reply. Very Happy

Anyway, it sounds like you're doing some fantastic things already to help in your fight against sagging and wrinkles! I know that it can come as a bit of a shock when they seem to suddenly appear out of nowhere.

I'm no expert, but I'd say that the Clarisonic probably does the same thing as the electric brush you use to wash your face - although maybe someone can advise on whether it might work better for you.

I have no experience with the light diode machines. Take a peek in the Skincare Tools & DIY forum as quite a few different ones are mentioned there, with some really good information.

I do intend to buy a Safetox device - which is supposed to help to have a bit of a Botox effect on upper facial lines. You might want to check that out, too.

So many things to try! It can all seem a bit bewildering at first, so what I'd advise you to do would be just to introduce one thing at a time to see whether it works for you. Might save you a bit of time and money, and adding too many things at once can overwhelm your skin or give you adverse reactions.

Also, please remember that everyone's skin is different. What works for one person may not work for another. Don't let this dishearten you. It's all about trying things, experimenting to find what's right for you.

Finally, I think there's a weight loss support thread in the Lounge forum. There may be hints or even just moral support which will be of help to you.

Keep positive and keep trying. You'll get there! Very Happy
lilyofthevalley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
Justine1900 wrote:
A suggestion: lose weight slowly, no more than a pound a week, so that your skin has time to recover; not just your facial skin, but on your body as well.

My own recommendations include upgrading to an excellent diet, constant sunscreen, lots of water, no smoking or alcohol, good supplements, exercise and adequate rest. These things have at least as much impact on the condition of your skin as any product.

Very good advice. Highly appreciate it.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
Fairy I don't know why your Dr won't give you a script for Renova unless you take 2 kinds of contraceptive pill??? I know you must not get pregnant while on it, but 2 types of the pill??? I don't know if alldaychemist sells Renova but they do sell Retin A if you're interested in that, with no script.
bluepacific
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Eat well - balanced diet is always a key to keeping the healthy look. Also, I've met a woman in her 40s who had a beautiful skin and looked like she was in her 20s. Her secret was yoga. She said it was as if aging has stopped when she started practicing yoga. I guess taking in a lot of fresh oxygen and stretching helps?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |