Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Do you moisturise all over your body?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
TTD
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Doing an overhaul of my skin care and wanted to find out how much importance people place on moisturising their whole bodies.
Compared to my face and neck that area doesn't bother me much so I just moisturise after shower once/ day. I think I should be moisturising at both ends of the day actually but have been lazy. I'm just wondering how much I am going to pay for this neglect later..In people's experience will there be a lot of aging in the 60+ years (or earlier Shock ) on body skin? I don't rub baby oil in to myself and bake on the beach at all.But I was exposed to the sun a lot when I was groing up.
dryady
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for asking the question. I want to know the answer too.
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
I don't really bother..I use a relatively-moisturising shower gel (either Ren or Jason depending on how much money I have.. Laughing ..) and my skin feels smooth.

However, I am now seeing the effects of losing skin elasticity as you get older.. so think I may start having to get better. I'd never do more than once a day though.
kmy1
5% products discount

Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
It's my understanding that dry skin does not 'cause' wrinkles, it can only make them look worse. I've read that 90% of wrinkles are caused by sun exposure, that breaks down collagen and elastin in the skin. The remaining 10% is from genetics and other external factors (e.g. pollution, smoking, etc.) Accordingly, I suspect you aren't going to suffer in future years from failing to moisturize now, since adding moisture to the skin does not prevent wrinkles. Dr. Baumann says that to prevent wrinkles "avoid sun exposure, use sunscreen, avoid cigarette smoke and pollution, take antioxidant supplements, and eat a diet high in fruits and vegetables." In terms of topicals, she says it is not moisturizers, but regular use of retinoids and skin care products with antioxidants that helps. Certainly, many moisturizers also have retinoids and antioxidants, but it is not the moisturizer function that helps with wrinkles.

I'd say, use body moisturizers to deal with current/existing dryness or discomfort, or because the moisturizer makes your skin look better now. Don't count on it to prevent aging unless it has the other ingredients in it.
secretly
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think I've ever taken a bath or shower without putting lotion on my legs, and I also put it on my arms but not every time. I use Eucerin calming cream, there's no fragrance or Shikai Borage dry skin Therapy. I can't put my hands in water with lotion afterward either.

I agree about good diet etc. I noticed at one point I had dry cracks on my heels and started taking Omega 3 supplements, it completely cured that problem my heels are very soft and smooth now!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:38 am      Reply with quote
That sounds like a good reason to continue as I have been, kmy1. Smile Thanks for letting me know
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Not using moisturizer will not cause wrinkles. Moisturizers do nothing prevent or improve wrinkles. Although they can plump up the skin which can make wrinkles look better but thats all.
I use moisturizer as needed on face and body.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
I use emu or hemp oil after a shower but that's it. it may not prevent my skin wrinkling but it makes it very smooth.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
I have dry skin and I need to moisturise it with Aveeno body lotion, jojoba oil, or Weleda products for body.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
OMG, I lube myself up like a Xmas turkey everymorning. It is even more in the winter time. I do have extremely dry body skin (eczema), I go a little easier on my face becasue I can break out immediately.

It is so weird, my skin on my body is awesome, I only wash with dove body wash and lube up Keri with some Jojoba oil mixed in with it. My face on the other hand, has a huge process. I just don't get it!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:24 am      Reply with quote
I use baby oil before body cream. Product will be different depends my skin condition.
Vee26
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:12 am      Reply with quote
I religiously moisturise my elbows and knees after every shower and my legs when I've shaved them. Other than that, I only tend to my face, neck and chest (I am doing my chest now, in my 20's, as I don't want to end up with those horrid lines going down my front into the insides of my boobs when I'm 40!)

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:12 am      Reply with quote
For me, I would do it daily for whole body, however, sometimes maybe too tired and fall asleep, or sometimes too lazy and just apply to the limbs only. I would use the lotion from L'occitane, the lavender amora is very soothing for a good night sleep. I also have a cheap body lotion from Revlon Aquamarine range. The vitamin E & elastin did a good job to improve the elasticity of the skin. The scent may be a bit "retro"... Laughing but it's an effective product to recommend.
lilyofthevalley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:28 am      Reply with quote
I do. I use moisture on my whole body and I do feel that the skin of body is getting smoother.
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:33 am      Reply with quote
I am too lazy to use body lotion after bath all the time, but I really feel body skin gets better when I do put on body lotion. As a previous poster said, to use a moisturizing body wash may be a great idea!
lilyofthevalley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:38 am      Reply with quote
My body skin care process is like this:

Use the organic sugar scrub to peel the body skin, then use body cream (with honey) to moisture my body. My body feels very smooth after this process.
MarieIG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:43 am      Reply with quote
After my shower, I typically use serums all over my body. Right now these are either copper, matrixyl or matrixyl 3000, and sometimes put moisturizer over top. The serums I cocktail on my face, I bring down over my chest and also put on the back of my hands. I am very careful to treat the skin on my decollete, back of hands and knees.

5% products discount

Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
MarieIG wrote:
After my shower, I typically use serums all over my body. Right now these are either copper, matrixyl or matrixyl 3000, and sometimes put moisturizer over top. The serums I cocktail on my face, I bring down over my chest and also put on the back of my hands. I am very careful to treat the skin on my decollete, back of hands and knees.

Hi Marie,

Where do you get these serums? Do you find that they work well? Are they designed to be applied under lotion, or in place of lotion?
MarieIG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hi KrazyKatLady (I have three cats by the way). I got the serums from Shopnbc, by Isomers. They use to sell liter sizes, but they very rarely do anymore, although currently they have a 1/2 liter of the copper. I believe that you can also buy large sizes of copper from Skin Biology.

The serums can be used either under or in place of moisturizers. I do both.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
MarieIG wrote:
I got the serums from Shopnbc, by Isomers. They use to sell liter sizes, but they very rarely do anymore, although currently they have a 1/2 liter of the copper. I believe that you can also buy large sizes of copper from Skin Biology.

Wow, do you find serums make a big difference compared to body lotions?

I prob lotion once every 3 or 4 days, and then its a mix of palmers cocoa butter and olive oil.

32, still using: OCM, vitc C, epidermx, ageless (for my lips), now added clarisonic, silk pillow and Aldi skincare! Skin is better than ever 31, medium olive skin, combination-oily. Staples: epidermx II, OCM, retin-a, vit c powder, facial exercises (ageless).
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
With the exception of skin disease we should be getting our moisture from the inside out. However, the environment really does seem to negatively impact skin doesn't it? I can tell when my hydration is poor because I'm suddenly dry looking. So don't forget that hydration and natural oils INSIDE your body.

On the other hand I have so many lotions and potions, I don't even think I have a favorite anymore. It's more mood related.

I have always liked mixing about 50/50 an oil with a lotion. Making both last longer. Right after a hot shower always seems to make the skin look softer!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
There isn't a day that goes by when i don't dry brush my body and slather cetaphyl moisturizing cream. I love it!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
There isn't a day that goes by when i don't dry brush my body and slather cetaphyl moisturizing cream. I love it!

5% products discount

Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
MarieIG wrote:
Hi KrazyKatLady (I have three cats by the way). I got the serums from Shopnbc, by Isomers. They use to sell liter sizes, but they very rarely do anymore, although currently they have a 1/2 liter of the copper. I believe that you can also buy large sizes of copper from Skin Biology.

Nice to see a fellow cat lover!

Thanks for the tip, I will check out Shopnbc.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
I moisturize my body at least twice a day and have different types of lotions. The only time I don't moisturize as frequently is in the summer. It gets too hot and I focus more on applying sunblock.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |