Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Xtend-Life
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lilac19
5% products discount

Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
I just happened to stumble upon this site and was wondering if anyone here has ever heard of it or uses any of their products, if so what is your opinion?
Nightbloom
5% products discount

Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lilac19.

I recently found Xtend-life on the Net. After reading how wonderful their products are supposed to be, I tried to find any conflicting info. I googled their name plus "scam," "review," "hype," and everything else I could find, but to no avail.

Seems the Net is flooded with websites touting Xtend-life as wonder products - most of them being those sites that get kickbacks from the product every time someone clicks on them. (What the heck are those sites called, anyway? Anyone know?)

I did see two that there had at one time been videos discussing the Xtend-life claims, I think on youtube, but they were removed due to some violation or other. Makes me a lil suspicious.

If anyone else knows anything about this supplements, please share!

Thanks.
WCSmurfette
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Lilac19 wrote:
I just happened to stumble upon this site and was wondering if anyone here has ever heard of it or uses any of their products, if so what is your opinion?

I just started using their Restorative Night Cream, with Cynergy TK, "Functional Keratin". Nice texture, not heavy. It will be interesting to see if it does anything.
Lilac19
5% products discount

Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:12 am      Reply with quote
The reason I'm asking is because I am considering switching to the 302 skincare, but that thread is filled with so many people who have had problems after initially starting it, I'm a little hesitant. I do believe it is almost a given that some people will have problems when they switch to a natural skincare product, but I'm just afraid to start it, and then I found that site. It sounds really tempting. Anyone using it, please keep us posted.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Cynergy TK and NK (the oral supplement) is the main hoo-hah ingredient. The company that has incorporated it into its product, Xtend-Life uses unscrupulous advertising in my opinion...burying the name in pseudo-scientific articles on skincare authored by "professionals" so that you think you've discovered some great secret, or through that "How I got rid of my wrinkles" tactic.

However, the product itself may have some merit. Here's what Neutroceuticals World (May 1, 2006) has to say about it:

A skin care ingredient duo recently launched by Keratec bridges the gap between topical cosmetic products and dietary supplements. The two new ingredients are Cynergy TK, which addresses skin health through topical application, and Cynergy NK, which addresses skin health as an oral supplement. The products can be taken together for a synergistic effect, or individually. They use the cell-strengthening and softening properties of Functionalized Keratin extracted using patented processes from New Zealand sheep wool. Keratin is a structural protein that is a main constituent in skin and hair. It is normally non-soluble, but Keratec has developed a method of extracting keratin from wool in a soluble, functional form by separating wool fiber into its constituent keratin parts without destroying the different fractions. The oral ingredient can be incorporated into capsules, beverages and food bars. The topical ingredient can be incorporated into skin creams and toners, or any other product where the intent is to deliver healing nutrients directly to the skin or hair.

Of course, the big question is, does the skin incorporate the protein fractions into its collagen layer, either through internal or external supply of those fractions? I guess all you can do to find out is use the product.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
Lilac19 wrote:
The reason I'm asking is because I am considering switching to the 302 skincare, but that thread is filled with so many people who have had problems after initially starting it, I'm a little hesitant. I do believe it is almost a given that some people will have problems when they switch to a natural skincare product, but I'm just afraid to start it, and then I found that site. It sounds really tempting. Anyone using it, please keep us posted.

If you are interested in 302, please make sure you read Boski's post at the beginning of the thread with the FAQ's. It will help you decide if you really want to use 302 or not. I think the people who have trouble with 302 are the ones who do not follow the advice of the esty's. One very important thing to remember about 302 is that it is Not a quick fix and can take 6-12 months to "work".
Lilac19
5% products discount

Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi rileygirl, I have read the very beginning of that thread so many times and every time I read it I get more insecure. I just don't know what to do. I sometimes think it is for people more prone to acne and I have never had a problem with that, but my son has. He was on generic Accutane for 6 months and his face cleared up 100%. That was 1 year ago and now it seems like it is coming back, not as bad but it's there.
As for me, all I want is to firm up the skin and I'm not so sure 302 will do that. By the way what does 302 stand for? I have been in this decision mode for about 2 months and I just can't decide.
Tom Barrister

Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:47 am      Reply with quote
I realize that this thread is old; however, I ran across it during a web search for something else.

Generally, if a company's product is superior to others, there will be plenty of "word of mouth" advertising, and such will be on neutral sites (i.e. Amazon, Yahoo, ConsumerReports, etc.) and especially on various independent forums that deal with interest in such a product.

When a company has to resort to turnkey or clone-site advertising, as Xtendlife apparently does, I see visions of snake oil sales.

Many of the websites that exist to tout this particular company have offbeat domain names, meaning that they are either clones of the original site (xtendlife) or turnkey sites. Domain names such as thesecretsofbeautifulskin, bestfishoilinfo, anti-aging-information, nutritional-supplements-health-guide, etc. are probably clone-sites. It's not a coincidence that the top Google results for "xtendlife scam review" point to these sites, and that every one of them glowingly recommends Xtendlife with almost the same exact presentation.

The question to be asked is this: if Xtendlife's products are so good and world-renowned, why do they need to resort to clone-site and turnkey marketing techniques? Why don't you see these glowing reviews from regular posters on the many health-related forums? I didn't find anything encouraging at any of those forums.

My bottom line: stay away from sites such as these. While the product may be as good as they say, the marketing techniques don't sit right, and if the product is that good, such marketing shouldn't even be necessary.
houstonpatty

Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
as a mother, my supplement brand of choice is Maxalife. i started out taking their omega 3 fish oil capsules until i tried the other products. now my whole family is taking supplements from them too. Smile
dannyomare678979879

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:31 am      Reply with quote
I'm one picky dad when it comes to drugs and what's served on the table every dinner. So for the past ten years, I'm proud to say that my wife and kids are healthy plus I have younger skin these days (Vain me!), hahaha! But what's scary is that recently, some buddy of mine who happens to be a pharmacist told me that some fish oil drugs contain mercury (which isn't rally good for anyone's health!). What's good is that there are still good guys like Maxalife who process safe drugs out of fish oil. Hmm. Google it if you want! So better be safe, sis!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |