Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Broken Capillaries. HELP!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
susiek
5% products discount

Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
is there anything internally or externally that really fades broken capillaries on cheeks ? UGH!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
I've had IPL and it worked really well. Apparently yu can have sclerotherapy as well. Nothing is a permanent fix, because the blood vessels grow back, but not as much.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:27 am      Reply with quote
I second IPL - it really improved my broken caps.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:40 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I second IPL - it really improved my broken caps.

Keliu,

I see that you use the AALS. Have you not seen any improvement in your broken caps. using it?
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:33 am      Reply with quote
IPL is really just a temporary fix. I had it done and new ones popped up in less than a year Sad

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:39 am      Reply with quote
IPL or vascular laser is the way to go I guess.

The thing is that if you have fragile capillaries they will come back.

So I do have to do at least one IPL per year to keep my skin brown-spot and cappillary free! Sad

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
Justine1900
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Just because IPL is not a permanent fix does not mean it isnt very worthwhile.

You need to look at why you have this problem and address the issues. Is it genetic, ie, are you of Celtic origin? Is it peri-menopause or menopause? Is it exposure to wind or extreme temperature changes? Alcohol? Reaction to spicy foods or stress? If it due to hormonal issues you need to look at that. Drinking a lot of water helps a great deal.

I had pre-rosacea, so had generalised flushing across my cheeks and nose. IPL worked really well, but I had over 8 treatments, over about 3 years. The first 5 were paid for by insurance.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
To those who had IPL, how long did it take you to recover. I had it two or three times, several years ago, and I was swollen and bruised afterwards, and it took me several weeks to recover. The last time I was left with some permanent discoloration.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:40 am      Reply with quote
Songbird wrote:
I see that you use the AALS. Have you not seen any improvement in your broken caps. using it?

I do not think that the AALS is a cure for broken caps. However, my face and neck used to be quite red looking - my skin is much more of an even tone now and the redness is gone. I believe that the AALS is definitely responsible for that.

My broken caps were quite bad, my face looked like a road map! I've had several IPL treatments and it really is an instant fix. However, they can come back - especially the ones around the nose. I do recommend this treatment though - nothing else is an instant fix, creams do absolutely nothing.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Songbird wrote:

I do not think that the AALS is a cure for broken caps. However, my face and neck used to be quite red looking - my skin is much more of an even tone now and the redness is gone. I believe that the AALS is definitely responsible for that.

My broken caps were quite bad, my face looked like a road map! I've had several IPL treatments and it really is an instant fix. However, they can come back - especially the ones around the nose. I do recommend this treatment though - nothing else is an instant fix, creams do absolutely nothing.

Thanks Keliu,

I just received my AALS and am going to give it a go for awhile, but I may end up doing laser as well. My derm. has already suggested IPL so I guess it will depend on how good I feel using the LED. But, I too have alot of broken caps and they are harder to cover now then they were just a few years ago. I would LOVE not having to wear so much make-up!!

Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:55 am      Reply with quote
This review might be worth taking a look at for a topical product to reduce redness and broken capiliaries:

Dr Hauschka Rhythmic Conditioner Mends Broken Veins
http://www.truthinaging.com/face/dr-hauschka-rhythmic-conditioner-mends-broken-veins/
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:14 am      Reply with quote
I've had 5 IPL's and now do them about once a year for maintenance as some caps do come back and will continue to do so.
It ususally takes from one to two weeks for me to completely recover, depending on how severe the IPL was. I can get bruising and pooling if the caps were bad and those do take a bit to subside.
Nothing else I have found can get rid of them since they are an internal skin problem. Now if it was just redness like from rosacea there are creams, lotions, medications, etc. that can help with that.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:29 am      Reply with quote
MarieIG wrote:
To those who had IPL, how long did it take you to recover. I had it two or three times, several years ago, and I was swollen and bruised afterwards, and it took me several weeks to recover. The last time I was left with some permanent discoloration.

I'm sorry to hear you had permanent discoloration! It took me almost a whole month for the bruising to go away. They were really dark blue, and each bruise was about 5mm diameter. From far away I looked like those cartoon characters with huge "freckles" across the cheeks Laughing Oh, and the doctor gave me 6% HQ for those spots just in case

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
MarieIG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Fatswan. I am going to try the Obagi Clear for the discoloration. (It has faded somewhat with 2% HQ pads from Dr. Denese, and the Blender with Retin A, but not completely). I am wondering if EDS will have another sale for Labor Day, but I'm not sure if I can hold out until then. The sad thing is some of my capillaries are back (I get blue as well as red - they show through my skin courtesy of my Irish/Swedish father) and I want to get the IPL again, but I'm a bit nervous.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
What is AALS?
Justine1900
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
For me, it took a couple of weeks for the bruising from IPL to go down.

Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
thirtyish wrote:
What is AALS?

AALS = Anti-Aging LightStim Smile

(Frequent Acronyms on EDS)
lilyofthevalley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
Internally - grapeseed capsules
externally - Sophyto Polyphenol Skin Drops (30ml / 1.0oz) and Sophyto Mega Omegas Day Face Moisturiser.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:46 am      Reply with quote
I had one on Tuesday and went out to eat on Thursday. I had a little swelling in two places and a minor bruise/red spot in another. Best results with the lowest down time yet.
I will do it again in a few weeks on some of the areas that need a second zap. But overall, most of the fine broken caps are gone!
Nothing works like an IPL but it is ALL in the hands of the operator and the device they use. The settings control the outcome. I finally found someone who does the test/control pops right and uses it with a fine hand.
Nothing else will work. Topicals can help reduce the redness, like finacea for rosacea, but you cannot fix a broken cap with one.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:01 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR and other IPL clients - I've had a series of three IPLs with results that were just ok, not fantastic. I had no bruising, so I wonder if the joules were too low?

I trust my derm and his esthy, but they use the Harmony IPL. I've heard it's not the greatest for rosacea/broken caps. Can you share which IPL machines have given you the best results?

Also, any advice on how to find a good operator?

TIA!
Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
As I said, I had more than 8 sessions. Surprisingly, the best results are gained by people with serious redness. The machine has to be set for redness/capillaries, not sun damage. You could check on http://www.makemeheal.com for the best operator in your area.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:25 am      Reply with quote
My last one was a Palomar.
http://www.palomarmedical.com/palomar2.aspx?pgID=1063
and the best one I have had yet.
Not a huge difference but not a huge downtime either. I can see that having one more would be ideal.
I would rather have several like this with more minimal side effects then the damage from when the jules were too high. (I have had that!) I hate long recovery times.
Also, this is the first time I had no numbing cream first. It did not hurt any worse, but she said it was better for the results as the cream can sometimes reduce the caps so they don't get zapped. If you are doing it for pigment, its okay. I could tell the difference for sure.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
I could take the discomfort, but the "downtime" and I couldn't take time off from work, was tough to say the least. The last time my face was very swollen, and my boss thought I had been injured in a car accident and wanted to send me home. I'm a lawyer, and had to take my big, fat, swollen, back & blue and scabby face to court. I think I may post around for someone who has had IPL near where I live, for recommendations.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know but my IPLs have always been extremely mild!

I've had no swelling or bruising... in fact that's what I like about IPL!

I get it done accross the hospital and I go back to work right after an no one really notices anything...and I DO get rid of the capillaries.

It took me...5 sessions the first time to get rid of all my broken caps and sun spots and now I usually go once per year just to zap any little one appearing.

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
yanzhu
5% products discount

Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
my mum has this problem ,too.look for some tips here~~
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |