Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

irritating posts
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
OK, I accept that I am going to make myself really unpopular here, but I am not only irritated by all the spam posts, but I'm getting really peed off with the endless posts by people wanting to bleach their skin or get rid of freckles.
I think that bleaching the skin is probably dangerous and possibly rooted in a deep personal insecurity, probably brought about by the racist society we live in. I can understand the reasons to an extent why some people want to be paler, but it is really freaking me out seeing the extent that people will go to to achieve this. It would seem that damaged pale skin is preferable to black healthy skin...WTH?
If I ran this forum I would ban all posts relating to skin bleaching products beyond those used for hyperpigmentation or melasma.
Yet another rant over.
bring it on.
Liz Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
and I hate when people post the same question over and over and over Rolling Eyes

What's everyone else find irritating?
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Actually, I'm not sure this skin-bleaching issue is always because of racism. (in some cases maybe). I'm living in China and all of the skin products sell themselves on making the skin white. All the famous Western over the counter brands are here, but in different 'make your skin white' formulations. It's the number one obsession with the women here. They don't wrinkle until they're pretty old - that's our obsession. Whiteness is theirs.

I don't know about the rest of Asia, but the main reason they're into whiteness is because it's still overwhelmingly an agricultural society. You can tell just at a glance who's a farmer and who's a town or city dweller just from their skin and farmers are poor and looked down on. I think it must've been the same in Britain before the industrial revolution.

But it can't be racist as such because there is only one race here. I'm the only ethnic minority of one.

I wonder what other Asian users might tell us about why they take so much trouble to be whiter. I'd be interested to know?

Molly
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:36 am      Reply with quote
whilst avoiding study, I came across this site...those of you who really hate their freckles/dark skin will find useful nfo on it...I was struck by the photo. Was I supposed to find the girl's shoulder ugly? My impression was WOW! It looks so cool!

http://yestheyrefake.net/hyperpigmentation.htm

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:59 am      Reply with quote
I agree with Liz. The whole skin whitening concept scares the heck out of me. Dealing with hyperpigmentation or melasma is another story. Would hate to see woman doing permenant damage to their skin. Sad

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:48 am      Reply with quote
Molly, I agree with you about it probably being a class thing in asia. There is a kind of reverse in the UK as deep (all-over) tans imply that you can afford to go abroad, because you either have a well paid job or you don't HAVE to work. You don't often see rich white girls without a tan do you? (even if it is fake!). Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
well it's human nature.....the grass is always greener on the other side....the skin is browner on the other side....whiter on the other side....hair is curlier on the other side...hair is straighter on the other side..skinnier on the other side....on and on...

we just want what we don't have! For example, I cringe when ppl get perms, because my hair is naturally curly and I love straight hair.
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:46 am      Reply with quote
It is frightening what lengths people will go to just to lighten their skin. I'd love to be tanned all year round!...I always feel so much better with a little colour..

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:05 am      Reply with quote
guapa, is it the sheer number of threads asking the same thing that's annoying or the fact that these people who have nothing wrong with them want to 'correct' the colour?
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Both Eve, in addition, I find them worse, than say the acne threads (which are also repetitive and full of links to quack sites), because these chemicals are really dangerous. I appreciate that we all want what we cant have but that is no reason to push these things.

If I wanted to lose weight, would people suggest I take speed and go onto 800 calories a day to achieve my aims?

Gucci, I hope you tan safely and use sunscreen! No point in all that skin care if you damage it with sun!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:

If I wanted to lose weight, would people suggest I take speed and go onto 800 calories a day to achieve my aims?

I was at a lecture this weekend where a very respected Ph.D. researcher was lecturing about nutrients that affect seratonin, endorphins and his term, "reward deficiency syndrome" and how deficiencys in certain brain pathways affect alcohol consumption, drug use and even food cravings.

The statment that really struck me was "If your brain is not getting the nutrition it needs on 2000 calories a day, how can you possibly reduce that to 800 or 1,000 a day and think it will be nourished?" His main point was that his research had shown that the answer to recomposition of the body or changing eating behaviors is not about blocking body systems, but rather about nourishing certain systems properly. He talked a lot about these products that block starches or fats or cortisol. His belief is that approach is working against the body and that to come to the proper weight, you must work with the body, not against it.

I know that was sort of off-topic, but I was responding to Guapagirls comment and I just found that to be such a sensible approach.

JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:33 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
Both Eve, in addition, I find them worse, than say the acne threads (which are also repetitive and full of links to quack sites), because these chemicals are really dangerous. I appreciate that we all want what we cant have but that is no reason to push these things.

Gucci, I hope you tan safely and use sunscreen! No point in all that skin care if you damage it with sun!

Oh Yes, I only ever use Decleor self tan!!! Never sunbathe at all! I'm to Spain tomorrow so did my tan last night!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:39 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:

only in Hollywood Laughing
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Eve wrote:
guapagirl wrote:

only in Hollywood Laughing

PMSL!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
hello,
Someone needs to explain slowly and clearly to Anais2003 what constitutes an irritating post and what spam is and why she has got to stop it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
All jokes aside I am not being a smartazz but could there be a language barrier that is making it hard for her to understand. I went back through some of her prior posts and many had been edited to remove spam content. Also Mabsy and others had explained it all nicely to her. Perhaps there is a language issue here.

Just my thoughts.

Sherri
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Sherri, you are being too gracious about anais2003's behaviour by presuming it might be a language barrier. She's just a persistent spammer and will keep trying to take a chance by posting the occasional thread to flog her products/services regardless of what other people tell her. The only way to sort out people like that is to ban their IP address from accessing this site - or something like that.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
When I started this thread I had forgotten just HOW irritating some posts can be! She makes me MAAAAAD! Mad

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
I think one good way of "protesting" against irritating posts is simply ignoring them, so they will "sink" to the bottom of the postlist, while reporting it to the moderators... by keep exchanging warning/offensive remarks will just put the posts all the way to the top of the list all the time and I think that's somewhat informing the readers to notice it, read it and hence a free advertisement for the original writer...

just a thought Smile
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
You have made a very good point and I will not make any more remarks on any more of her posts.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
Good thought moshi

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
I noticed that that had happened with the dodgy skin tattooing post. Maybe if anyone sees peeps replying to spam we could PM them and let them know that we are trying to discourage it. Newer forum members may not be aware of who is spamming and who isn't. That would mean the post isn't getting bumped up all the time and members are not sucked into buying dodgy stuff unawares.

Oddly enough I found one of her posts that had escaped being reported the other day...it was hidden in a great long bleaching thread Rolling Eyes

PS I don't mind Ms whiplash...

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't think you would after all someone who runs naked in wales must have a GSOH.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Anais2003 has posted around 12 spam thread/posts in the last hour or so. She's obviously playing some sort of childish game. I've done some research on her product and found an advert for her products, it contains some interesting information regarding her 50% at home TCA peels. Here are some direct quotes from her advert....

'WARNING: Recommended only for experience and professionals.'

'PURCHASE OF TCA Peel INDICATES THAT YOU AGREES SELLER IS HELD HARMLESS OF ALL RESULTS OBTAINED BY THIS PRODUCT.'

'Respected Doctors charge a BIG fee for TCA peels although the acid is not what you are paying for; you are paying the high price for his expertise and direction.' (note the word expertise - surely you need expertise if you are going to mess around with a 50% TCA peel?)

'TRICHLOROACETIC ACID IS FOR PROFESSIONAL USE ONLY; USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.'

'SELLER NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR NEGATIVE OR DAMAGING RESULTS OBTAINED BY PROPER OR IMPROPER USE OF THIS PRODUCT BY ANY PERSON. BIDDER'S PURCHASE OF THIS PRODUCT INDICATES THAT HE/SHE AGREES SELLER IS HELD HARMLESS.'

' TCA PEEL 50% professional strenght FOR FACE, LEGS, ARMS, HANDS, ETC. PROFESSIONAL USE ONLY'

'Remember I will include all instructions but it is up to you to follow the instructions and use extreme care'

Irresponsible doesn't even begin to describe this woman. Mad
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
she's driving me crazy too...i wish there was a feature to ignore people!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |