Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Supplements that make the difference
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
dryady
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies,

Do you take any supplements that make a difference to your skin?

Let's list them here so that we may discover a better combination for everyone Smile

I am currently taking a few, but did not feel anything yet. I will update later.

TIA
lilyofthevalley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:34 am      Reply with quote
Grapeseed capsule is something I think useful. I eat some and feel my skin getting brighter, and not easily get allegy any more.
MarieIG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:03 am      Reply with quote
Oh my I take a lot of supplements (and vitamins) including the grapeseed extract, B complex, MSM, collegen (a Schiff brand powered joint formula, but helps for skin) pomagranate, etc.

I used to make a drink which will gross everyone out - and it tastes awful. (I don't anymore, I can't find the powdered liver.) I would see a difference in my skin in three days.

A tablespoon each of decessicated liver, brewers yeast, lecithin, and powdered greens. This stuff would make me glow.

5% products discount

Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am      Reply with quote

Heya.

I take loads of supplements and have for years. One that makes an immediate difference in my skin, turning it from dry and icky to the touch to soft, smooth, and touchable is none other than our old friend Vitamin E.

Two capsules of 400 IU each does the trick for me.

Now, if I can just find something to take the redness out of my forehead. (I've started reading up on Rosacea, but if anyone knows of anything that helps, please let me know!)

mogulicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Cod liver oil, alpha lipoic acid, carnosine; + coq10 & msm powders & flaxmeal thrown in the daily smoothie

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Vit A, C, and E, fish oil caps, Biotin, 6000mg MSM (per day), flax, Lysine. And add in some apple cider vinegar, wheat germ, and protein powders to foodstuffs. Smile

The addition of MSM has really mad a difference in the strength of my hair, I have to say.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
I take regular vitamins complex, like Centrum, vitamin B complex 100 (I take it for two weeks and then stop for another two weeks), vitamin C, and calcium.

5% products discount

Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:32 am      Reply with quote
I take a multi every other day or so. But I believe I´ve noticed the biggest change (benefit) from MSM, Biosil, Vit C combination. I have fewer problems with allergies, and my hair and nails have improved, fewer wrinkles than 2 yrs ago.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
I only take a few things: a very high-quality multi, DIM, 5 mg biotin, and 1000 mg ester-C.I am interested in learning more but feel cautious, as a study came out some time ago linking excessive supplement intake with cancer.

(When I discussed this with my ever-practical husband, he said, 'When I put fertiliser on the lawn, the weeds come up in force as well'.)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
MarieIG wrote:

I used to make a drink which will gross everyone out - and it tastes awful. (I don't anymore, I can't find the powdered liver.) I would see a difference in my skin in three days.

A tablespoon each of decessicated liver, brewers yeast, lecithin, and powdered greens. This stuff would make me glow.

dessicated liver:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/liver.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
MarieIG wrote:

dessicated liver:

PS: Dessicated liver - doesn't sound too yummy!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:25 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
sister sweets wrote:
MarieIG wrote:

dessicated liver:

PS: Dessicated liver - doesn't sound too yummy!

No it doesn't. It sounds hideous. Laughing

I take 1000mg vit C, MSM, biotin, fish oil, organic apple cider vinegar, kelp, selenium, vit D, calcium and magnesium. And now I want to add hyaluronic acid and zinc.
Whew! There's certainly alot there.
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
I take quite a few supplements but as far as skin & hair supplements I would have to say that MSM, Biosil (7-10 drops liquid) a very high quality Omega 3 fish oil, and Vitamin C make the most difference that can reasonably be noticed.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Dessicated liver.. Oh my, that sounds ghastly.. Shock (Can you imagine it in 'smoothie' form... Bad Grin

I like these supplements for the skin;

MSM: (does great for skin, hair + nails.. I think it has had something to do with my skin looking much lighter also..) Or a combination of things. Confused

Vitamin C: (great anti-oxidant protection all around.)

Butcher's Broom Extract: A few drops of this mixed in juice daily will keep the veins and cappilaries in good repair.. It's especially good for those with broken caps or dark circles under their eyes.. Of course it's cumulative, and the results get better with regular use.

Lecithin: This is not only good for lowering the bad cholesterol, but the added benefit is it breaks up fatty pockets throughout our body + circulatory system, allowing it to be carried out by the lymphatics.. Lots of water + a manual lymphatic drainage routine will increase the results.. (ANYONE USING CM's "NO LIPO-LIPO WOULD REALLY BENEFIT FROM ADDING THIS SUPPLEMENT!)

The Omega's 3, 6 + 9 will keep the skin + cells happy, plump + healthy.. Which will in turn make them *think* they are younger, and they will *act* that way.. Laughing

Mineral water: It's not a supplement per say, but it has lots of things like zinc, that are good for our skin, and actually help to naturally protect us a little from UV exposure... A glass a day is great!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, which brand of Butcher's Broom do you use? I'm on iherb right now compiling a list of supps to order.
So far I have:
Every Woman's One Daily 180 caps
New Chapter C Food Complex 180 tabs
New Chapter Co-enzyme B Food
Natrol Biosil (caps or drops hmmm) leaning towards the liquid formula as it is more cost effective and might absorb more quickly..

I'm all over the idea of Butchers Broom esp if it helps with my circulation.
I'm still researching about other supplements. DIM is a new one to me. I think I would like to add an Omega. just to decide which one...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
callalily wrote:

I think I would like to add an Omega. just to decide which one...

Hi, callalily.
I would suggest the omega 3 capsules or one of the fish oils from Carlson Labs. They are frequently recommended by doctors because they are known to be high quality and are regularly tested for potency and purity by an independent lab.

Their oils are bestsellers on Iherb. Check out the reviews. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
callalily wrote:

I think I would like to add an Omega. just to decide which one...

Hi, callalily.
I would suggest the omega 3 capsules or one of the fish oils from Carlson Labs. They are frequently recommended by doctors because they are known to be high quality and are regularly tested for potency and purity by an independent lab.

Their oils are bestsellers on Iherb. Check out the reviews. Smile

I agree with Septembergirl on the Carlson Fish Oils, they are very high quality. I also take:

Multi-Vit. - Vitamin Code RAW ONE for Women

Biotin

DIM - I'm pretty much sold on this product. My skin was behaving badly about 6 mos. ago. I was having probably the worst breakouts of my life. I heard about this product and began taking it. For me it truly has been a life saver. I still get occasional breakouts but not the cystic acne. I truly believe this has made the difference.

BioCell Collagen w/Hyaluronic Acid

B-Complex

MSM - I took this for years and it did seem to help my skin/hair, but definitely helped with my joints. Considering taking it again now.

Chia Seeds - I eat these daily in my smoothies.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
No it doesn't. It sounds hideous. Laughing

I take 1000mg vit C, MSM, biotin, fish oil, organic apple cider vinegar, kelp, selenium, vit D, calcium and magnesium. And now I want to add hyaluronic acid and zinc.
Whew! There's certainly alot there.

Woops forgot to add in my biosil and my multi.

Kassy thanks for the info on lecithin. Looks like another one I'll be adding in by the looks of it.
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:26 am      Reply with quote
this is getting so hardcore. raw multi-vits! don't get me wrong I think it's incredible the choice out there but my head starts to spin with all the choice. It's pretty great I guess to have so much choice.
I've been wanting to try the Carlson's oils ever since Kandee on youtube talked about it in a video. She's just the cutest girl so she could sell anything looking as good as she does but I'm sure it really is amazing.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:32 am      Reply with quote
I have taken some supplement before.
Vitamin B complex does not have effect on my acne skin........
Evening primrose oil is good for mense pain but no effect on skin.
Bird nest turns my skin smoothing but no other effect
Collagen powder cannot give the result as well as bird nest......
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:11 am      Reply with quote
I used to take tons of different stuff, but after watching Dr. Oz on Oprah talking about the only vitamins/supplements you NEED to be taking,I pared it down to:
Multi-vitamin (time-released)
Super Omega 3
Calcium w/ magnesium and D
Vitamin D (extra)
I found it was easier to take fewer for me so I would do it more routinely with less waste.
But I also drink 4 oz of OJ mixed with my tonic alchemy 71-in-1. Love this stuff for energy, immune system and allover good health. I feel so much worse when I don't take it. Got my sons ENT doctor hooked on it!
http://www.dragonherbs.com/prodinfo.asp?number=686

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Songbird wrote:
DIM - I'm pretty much sold on this product. My skin was behaving badly about 6 mos. ago. I was having probably the worst breakouts of my life. I heard about this product and began taking it. For me it truly has been a life saver. I still get occasional breakouts but not the cystic acne. I truly believe this has made the difference.

Which brand of DIM are you taking?
Songbird
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:
Which brand of DIM are you taking?

m1rox,

It's Nature's Way DIM-plus. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
Acetyl Carnitine
L-Carnosine
MSM
Alpha-lipoic Acid
Mixed Tocotrienols
Vitamin C
Grapeseed Extract
Omega-3 from Fish Oil (nasty)
Silica
Lycopene
Turmeric (curcumin)
Pomegranate Extract
Genuine Health Perfect Skin Chocolate Chews (lol)

...and if I'm going somewhere sunny, Fernblock internal sunscreen from Life Extension Foundation.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
I want to add that I have had a fantastic result with high-potency biotin. My hair has never looked better. Get it cheap on Iherb.

Also, be very careful about getting cheap fish oil which may be made in Asia. The likelihood of contamination or rancidity is very high, according to my dr.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |