Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The best skin serum you've ever tried...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
displaced
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
I've developed a bit of an obsession with serums and am now on a quest to find the perfect one for me. I could use everybody's input. Thanks!
dryady
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
i like obagi professional C serum. it make my pore smaller and skin glow.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
There is no doubt in my mind that Valmont L Elixir Precious Serum is the best but it is so pricey. If it were more affordable, I would just use it all the time and it would finally stop me being a product junkie and continually trying other products.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:58 am      Reply with quote
I am a serum junkie - to the max, it is a bit pathetic really. I'm lucky I can get out of the house in the morning, I'm so busy slapping serums (and then creams, and then sunscreen on my face).

Two of my favorites are Isomers One 3000, and Isomers Accelerated Recovery Complex.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Revive Peau Magnifique.Really, really, really expensive though but takes 5 yrs off your face in 4 weeks.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:37 am      Reply with quote
I love the Elizabth Grant serums.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
Revive Peau Magnifique.Really, really, really expensive though but takes 5 yrs off your face in 4 weeks.

5 years off ! ! Shock How much is it?

bushy wrote:
There is no doubt in my mind that Valmont L Elixir Precious Serum is the best but it is so pricey. If it were more affordable, I would just use it all the time and it would finally stop me being a product junkie and continually trying other products.

I'm so jealous. I wish I could find one product that will do it all, but , unfortunately, Valmont L Elixir Precious Serum was a huge disappointment for me. Sad
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
its 1500 for a 4 week treatment, you do it twice a yr. I buy it on ebay for 400.It works..you just look younger afterwards.Will not work if you are pretty young though.You should be at least 40 to use it.
carmina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Just search the ingredients of Revive peau magnifique:
RéVive® Peau Magnifique

Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Methylsilanol Mannuronate, Sodium Carboxymethyl Beta-Glucan, Sodium Hyaluronate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Madecassoside, Recombinant EGF, Recombinant FGF, Telomerase, Panthenol, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetyl Palmitate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Citral, Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Butylene Glycol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch Octenylsuccinate, PEG-33, PEG-8 Dimethicone, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG-14, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben

So the magic ingredient is EGF and FGF?
BTW, this product is really expensive!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:18 am      Reply with quote
I can only tell you people notice it and tell me I look younger and I have even had people ask if I have had a facelift after using this product.
LLucy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:20 am      Reply with quote
What is FGF?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
LLucy wrote:
What is FGF?

FGF [Fibroblast Growth Factor]: A bioengineered molecule that increases collagen, which firms the skin.

http://www.reviveskincare.com/detail.aspx?ID=22&Category=3
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
This is really the only serum I've ever tried - but Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Concentrate always leaves my skin brighter with a nicer texture! It's rarely discussed on the board so I am under the impression there is better stuff out there. It is quite expensive too at 110$ for a bottle. I would highly recommend it though. I told a friend to try the regular ANR and she was delighted with the results.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc- Could you describe in detail more what it does. I used a few products from Dr. Brown and didn't do anything including intensite volumizing serum and cream.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
it just makes you skin look younger and tighter thats the only way I can explain it.I really like his night cream lustre too...I use that every night. the peau magnifique is expensive though, wont work for everyone...because it is for mature skin.I was able to buy it off ebay for 300 to 450,only buy a sealed box though.I like the revive line and out of all the different lines I have tried its my favorite.The eye renewal cream has kept the lines under my eye to a minimum.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:59 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:

bushy wrote:

I'm so jealous. I wish I could find one product that will do it all, but , unfortunately, Valmont L Elixir Precious Serum was a huge disappointment for me. Sad

RussianSunshine, I think I remember reading on another thread that you are 20-smth, around 28 (correct me if I`m wrong).
I can assume that you will not see any dramatic difference from an anti-aging product, as you are still young. As Lucyluc noted about the Revive serum, it is designed for people after 40. I think Valmont L Elixir Precious Serum will also give your more noticable resutls when you will be older. I think it`s not the case that it does not work, it`s just your skin is still in good condition so that you don`t notice much difference.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Aiva , I'm turning 30 very soon Very Happy

It's a interesting theory, but I do get noticable results from other anti-aging products. Confused Even though, you're right, my skin is in good condition that's why the changes are not so dramatic.

On the other hand, I think, bushy is among very few who notices visible results from Valmont line and Valmont Elixir Serum in particular.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Besides vitamin c, I really love Elizabeth grant serums and a new photo stem serum from Eleusian an Australian company
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:41 am      Reply with quote
hmm i've wondered before if anti-aging products can help with minor acne scars. if they are re-modeling the skin with growth factor i don't see why that wouldn't help damaged tissue even on a young person. but maybe it doesn't work that way. any ideas? i

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Murad Essential C has had the most noticeable and best effect on me than other C serums I've tried. I thought I liked Philosophy until I tried this one.
carmina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
I use Skinmedica retinol complex as a serum these days and see noticable results.

I am really happy to find a product which could fight aging and acne at the same time.
sab
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:48 am      Reply with quote
It's one of the best.. Very Happy

Sothys Oxyliance Serum

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/sothys-oxyliance-serum-p_803.htm
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:50 am      Reply with quote
PSF's Vitamin C serum. It works wonders. It's a must for me every morning, and I've been using it for years. Every time I try something else in it's place, I'm disappointed and come right back to PSF.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
Although I hate La mer moisturizing cream, I love its lifting serum and the concentrate. The lifting serum brightens my skin and makes its pearl smooth. The concentrate really helps to heal the acne marks.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
I like skinmedica retinol cream too.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |