Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
How many years can retinol take off?!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
TTD
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
I've checked out some before and after pictures but I'm just getting worried that I have left it too late to get the best possible reduction in aging. I've been reading that many people start using them at 22, sometimes earlier and they end up having better skin than age 21 when they're 26!
I'm 30s now and just wonder if I could ever get my mid 20s skin back..
I guess it depends on individuals but what has everyone's "reduction in years" been from using it?
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Its never too late! I think I was around 30 when I started but I started because of acne I dont know I would have know enough then to start for anti-aging.

I think its hard to measure how much it has helped because I also use other things that help, particularly sunscreen which most important and antioxidant serums.

I think the 3 best things you can do to prevent premature aging are:
*Sunscreen - must use sunscreen, if you dont then dont bother with retinols
*Retinols
*Antioxidant serums
MarieIG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:49 am      Reply with quote
I would think that different people would have different results. Don't worry that you are starting too late, just get started. There are many good threads on this board about how to use retin A, and the people here will answer your questions the best they can. You really improve your skin a great deal with proper skin care, diet, sleep, suncreen, and topicals including retin A.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
There are so many factors involved. But actually, just using sunscreen makes a huge difference. A study was done using prisoners to test skincare, and they found that they were able to reverse some of the effects of sun damage. So just stopping the ongoing damage from the sun may be enough to partially reverse it.

Cleaning up your diet, especially eliminating sugar, can make the appearance of your skin turn around. Eating a higher-quality, nutrient-rch diet in general. Think of a dog who has been badly nourished, how bad its coat looks, and the improvement in that coat when the dog is put on a better-quality diet.

We never get back the skin we had in the past, because we are no longer that person. But with dedication and intelligently focussed efforts, our skin can look its very best.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:05 am      Reply with quote
I started using retin-a about 5 months ago. I will say of all things I have used since joining this forum almost a year ago, it has been the single most effective product I have used. I am absolutely thrilled with the results even at almost 39 years old. I cannot really pinpoint exactly how many years I may have visually taken off my skin. If I had to throw out a guess, I would say my skin looks like my early 30's again but in some ways (color/tone wise) it looks better. I know some may say early 30's big deal, but, I've truly been blessed with good skin genes....not so much from my father's side of the family, but my mothers side. So early 30's for myself, I still looked like a baby Laughing... Mom was adopted so she is all we have to go by, but she has always looked younger than her age (even her hair at 63, no grey!) so she has got something going on with her side of the family. But my issue has been damage from smoking, I could see what it was doing superficially to my skin and I was getting that smoker look upon close inspection (by me of course!) but retin-a has really taken care of that problem and my skin looks so smooth....I couldn't be more pleased with it thus far. Even at my age, I still get taken for being in my 20's....funny considering I have an 18 year old son!!! ha ha...

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:08 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
Its never too late! I think I was around 30 when I started but I started because of acne I dont know I would have know enough then to start for anti-aging.

I think its hard to measure how much it has helped because I also use other things that help, particularly sunscreen which most important and antioxidant serums.

I think the 3 best things you can do to prevent premature aging are:
*Sunscreen - must use sunscreen, if you dont then dont bother with retinols
*Retinols
*Antioxidant serums

I started using all of the above in my early 30 and I've seen positive affects. I was so amazed how good I looked that I went through a faze where I've stopped wearing makeup completely. I was so happy to have improved skin tone, smooth skin and my pores looked better. Then I got the Clarisonic brush two years ago or so and that improved my skin even more.
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:24 am      Reply with quote
Sad Omg, I'm starting way later than that!!!!!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |