Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

sebaceous cyst treatment
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lyle

Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:04 am      Reply with quote
anyone knows of a good sebaceous cyst cure?
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:41 am      Reply with quote
You need to see a dr for these. Its not the kind of thing you want to mess around with yourself.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:15 am      Reply with quote
I have to go to my derm and get an injection of cortisone, unfortunately. Sometimes mine will hyper-keloid anyway if I am not careful. Crying or Very sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:22 am      Reply with quote
I posted on this a while back. Sadly, there are no good solutions to this problem. Your only choices for treatment are cortisone shots or having it cut out. I had the cortisone shot, which as forewarned, left an indentation in that spot (yet left the cyst intact.) I haven't found a Doc yet that will cut on my face to take it out because of the scarring.

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:59 am      Reply with quote
Mountaingirl, that's what happened to me. I have the cyst there after 20 something years! The derm said he can cut it out but that will leave a scar with two stitches on my chin, which would probably look worse.
I have tried to reduce it thru the years with peels but that hasn't helped a whole lot, just a little.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:29 am      Reply with quote
Yup...we're stuck between a cyst and hard spot Shock NO GOOD alternatives. I was lucky because the dent the cortisone shot left in my face lasted only a month, because I dermarolled it. Personally I'm thinking I would rather have a scar than a lump on my face.

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Ahhh! Now you have got me second guessing! Sad
Maybe when I go in to get something else burned/scraped/removed I will ask again.
The best thing to do with a cyst though, is not to squeeze. Most will go down on their own after a few days. If you are in a hurry, or it it extremely painful then the derm is the best way to go. 99 out 100 goes away for me when left ALONE.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:16 am      Reply with quote
I had one of these cut out of my arm some years back,with two stitches, as Annie mentioned. Still got a scar there years later, and my skin doesn't normally scar much. IMO the doc who did it was probably not particularly talented. If i needed one removed from my face, I'd want a GOOD plastic surgeon.... but I wasn't worried so much as it was on my arm, not face.

Looking at my arm now, I'm happier with the scar than the previous lump/bump, but the scar looked pretty nasty for the first year or so. Definitely wouldn't have wanted that scar on my face, but I wouldn't have wanted the lump either. Tough call....
jarel

Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:34 am      Reply with quote
google for "sebaceous cyst treatment " you may have some luck there
deanie_96

Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:10 am      Reply with quote
I would go and see a plastic surgeon for a removal. I was left with a small scar, but it was better than the cyst itself, as I was always being questioned about it.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:32 am      Reply with quote
Hopefully the OP has had it take care of by now (its been 3 years).
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:55 am      Reply with quote
You have to see a doctor/dermatologist for this type of cyst. I don't think there is an over-the-counter medication for this.. The sooner you see the doctor, the better it is....

Lyle wrote:
anyone knows of a good sebaceous cyst cure?
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
I just noticed that my sebaceous cyst is almost totally gone in two weeks due to my cleansing with Osea Cleansing Mud. Just wanted to share--it was so ugly and I really wanted to have it removed, and now it has gone down considerably. I might sleep with a bit of the stuff on my nose for another week and report back.

EDS sells Osea and you can get a small travel size of the Cleansing Mud--it's really fabulous stuff. It works fabulously well to shrink pores as well.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
How big (or small) is your cebaceous cyst? Maybe yours is like a tiny little dot that you can perhaps remove with Osea cleaning mud LOL SmileSmile Smile But anything is possible now-a-days I guess....

Honestly, I would consult a doctor to remove it surgically especially if it is a big one though...

avalange wrote:
I just noticed that my sebaceous cyst is almost totally gone in two weeks due to my cleansing with Osea Cleansing Mud. Just wanted to share--it was so ugly and I really wanted to have it removed, and now it has gone down considerably. I might sleep with a bit of the stuff on my nose for another week and report back.

EDS sells Osea and you can get a small travel size of the Cleansing Mud--it's really fabulous stuff. It works fabulously well to shrink pores as well.

--avalange
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Jade,

It's actually 2 mm. It was big and round before, right on my nostril, and very unsightly. Now it has shrunk to aout 1.5mm in diameter, but the main thing I have noticed is it is hardly a domed shape anymore, it has flattened. I hope that helps! And I'll keep you all posted.

--avalange

jade-1234 wrote:
How big (or small) is your cebaceous cyst? Maybe yours is like a tiny little dot that you can perhaps remove with Osea cleaning mud LOL SmileSmile Smile But anything is possible now-a-days I guess....

Honestly, I would consult a doctor to remove it surgically especially if it is a big one though...

avalange wrote:

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:26 am      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:

--avalange

Are you sure these are sebaceous cysts? Cystic pimples can behave similar. It would be very unusual for them to be gone with a topical product. The sac inside needs to be removed surgically to get rid of them.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:25 am      Reply with quote
Well, whatever it is, big or small, you should consult a doctor if it bothers you. It is better to have a proper diagnose when it pertains to our health and skin. Don't wait till the last minute.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Oh I did. My derm is the one who told me that it is a "harmless" sebaceous cyst. She's a University Professor and Dr. who sees all sorts of terrible things, so she passed it off. I think because it's quite small, the procedure to remove it entirely would be too invasive. Also, the location is kind of tricky, right where my nostril meets my cheek.

--avalange

jade-1234 wrote:
Well, whatever it is, big or small, you should consult a doctor if it bothers you. It is better to have a proper diagnose when it pertains to our health and skin. Don't wait till the last minute.

jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:41 am      Reply with quote
Hello Avalange Smile Glad that you consulted your doctor (even if it was a "harmless" tiny little sebaceous cyst). If it is a big cyst, I would suggest a consultation with the doctor.

avalange wrote:
Oh I did. My derm is the one who told me that it is a "harmless" sebaceous cyst. She's a University Professor and Dr. who sees all sorts of terrible things, so she passed it off. I think because it's quite small, the procedure to remove it entirely would be too invasive. Also, the location is kind of tricky, right where my nostril meets my cheek.

--avalange

AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Just went in for one to be injected yesterday with cortisone (quie a hefty does of it too). She said it will flatten out soon, hopefully. I had to have another area injected as well where they had done a mole removal for a pre-cancer check and it "keloided". Hopefully that will flatten back out as well!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi AnnieR Smile I hope you are well after the doctor's visit. Anything "major" such as this, I will go to my doctor too for consultation. I will not poke it with my fingers for sure.

AnnieR wrote:
Just went in for one to be injected yesterday with cortisone (quie a hefty does of it too). She said it will flatten out soon, hopefully. I had to have another area injected as well where they had done a mole removal for a pre-cancer check and it "keloided". Hopefully that will flatten back out as well!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:04 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I have several I wish I had gotten injected/flattened on the face and did not and now they are raised scars. Crying or Very sad
When you are prone to scars/keloids it's a gamble!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:44 am      Reply with quote
wishing you lots of luck!

--avalange

AnnieR wrote:
Yes, I have several I wish I had gotten injected/flattened on the face and did not and now they are raised scars. Crying or Very sad
When you are prone to scars/keloids it's a gamble!

avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Happy to report that my cyst is completely gone. It started shrinking considerably once I brought Osea Cleansing Mudd into my routine--not for the cyst, but because my skin started to get weirdly congested and oily. It always solves that problem, but I also noticed the effect on the cyst right away. I have no idea why it worked, but it really shrunk and went away with daily use of this cleanser. Hoepfully someone else will try it and report back, too!

--avalange

System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |