Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Do you use a cooler or refridgerator for products?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:16 am      Reply with quote
I am in SD area, its hot here!I cant always leave my AC on and I worry about my many very expensive high-end products. I bought a tiny cooler from Walmart $11. I keep it in my bathroom and I have a small blue ice and a thermometer inside.I try to keep the temperature under 70 if possible.Of course I cant keep everything cool just the most expensive products.Does anyone else do this?
cacipony
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:29 am      Reply with quote
owh!!! this is interesting. never heard of that b4. I mean, i used to live in singapore, and its summer all year round. but now in aussie,winter is gd for pdts. but i assume it will get sticky and change colour when it gets hot.

btw, will it affect the pdt if u place it in a cooler for long?
LLucy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:18 am      Reply with quote
A cooler is certainly an option, but why bother with maintaining frozen ice packs and thermometers when a fridge is so convenient?
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:27 am      Reply with quote
I've been thinking about this for awhile, and now that it's back to school time here, I'm getting a thermoelectric type fridge from Target for my DIY C, EGF, etc to keep in the bathroom. (those don't have the freezer and use much less electricity.
A couple years ago you get those small fridges for your cube for around $30, I never see those anymore. You can get the wine cooler fridges too, but they are a little more expensive.
WCSmurfette
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I keep skin care in the refrigerator or in a mini cooler in the bathroom.

It gets very hot in the summer months where I live, and we do not use the air conditioner at all, so the house can get upwards of 95+ degrees; it's like a walk-in oven.

I can't afford to repurchase product destroyed by weather, and many actives, like peptides, are heat-sensitive, so they go in a temperature controlled environment, until summer is over.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:16 am      Reply with quote
good lord no way could I live in my house with 95 degree weather.I use the ac even if it costs me 500 a month,I want to be comfortable. I dont put my stuff in the fridge because I like to save time and I know I probably wouldnt use the products as much if I had to trot to another room to get it!The cooler is next to the shower and I have a freezer 8 feet away to change out the blue ice....Products I plan to use in the future are on bottom, then I have a little tray on top for all the goodies I am currently using so I can quickly access everything.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:41 am      Reply with quote
Wow Lucyluc your organizational skills scare me! Shock Shock Laughing
I also live in a very hot city, and space is scarce so I keep everything under the sink. I do keep the A/C on at 70 at all times (yes yes I know how bad the carbon emissions are) or else the humidity will make my walls and ceilings mouldy Rolling Eyes . So hopefully my products don't spoil.. Although, I really wouldn't be able to tell either way! Confused

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
I have been told I have a huge carbon footprint.Hey 70 is too hot for me...I like 64.I do think its critical to keep expensive items at 70 and under...the product would degrade in warm weather.
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Kitchen is downstairs, bedroom and bathroom upstairs...so I finally bought a dorm-size fridge about a year ago, about $70 at Target. Back to school time is the best time to find these, so for anyone who's thinking about it, now is the time (at least in the US).

DH also uses my fridge to store extra beer! Very Happy Rolling Eyes

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, my retin-a, tooth bleaching gel and liquid meds for my cats come with the instruction to store in the refrigerator, so I decided to place other items in there as well. I decant out enough for a few days and keep it in my room. However, I live in a temperate climate and very seldom feel the need to turn on the heat or aircon.

Never, never put your perfumes in the fridge! The condensation will change their composition! Same with coffee...store it in the freezer instead.

Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
I've kept my IS Clinical serums in the refrigerator for the past year or so, and I really think it helps to keep them fresh. I told my dermatologist about this and she thought it was a good idea. The serums haven't changed color at all, which usually happens with vitamin C after a while when stored in a warm bathroom cabinet. It's become easy to remember to go downstairs to the kitchen at night -- my motivation is how well the serums work! ( I alternate the Super Serum and the Polyvitamin).
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
I have an under counter refrigerator filled up full which is kept in the very large upstairs bathroom. This is my very own personal oasis used only my mwa. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
I put all my cosmetic products in the fridge. In my house very warm, way above 30C, so I have to keep all my creams in the fridge.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
I need to go to target and look at the little refridgerators....the good thing about Target is when the season is over they keep discounting items till they are gone.I just bought an outdoor iron bench there that was 200 for $26!
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:41 am      Reply with quote
Retin A in the fridge huh? Well I didn't know that! All I really use is Retin A and DIY C, E and ferulic. I refigerate the Vit C concoction.
Looks like the Retin A now too. Thanks for that info.
pristang
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
Sometimes will put the mask, leg gels into the fridge. We have around 30C - 35C summer in HK, just keep the cosmetic products at room temperature, still in good condition.
cacipony
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:23 am      Reply with quote
wow...im amazed tt alot of ppl actually keep in the cooler. maybe its my turn to try it out, as it gets pretty HOTT in summer!!
tckmtracy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:29 am      Reply with quote
I haven't and just keep them in the cool place/drawer only.
Justine1900
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
As far as Retin-a goes, I now get mine from a compounding pharmacy. No tube of the commercial Retin-a I have bought has ever required refrigeration, but it's possible that my compounded product lacks preservatives found in the commercial products.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
I bought a fridge just to keep my skin care stuff.
fang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
but what the best temperature is for skin care products?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:58 am      Reply with quote
I think it will be ok if the texture of skincare product is still the same. I just avoid the light and keep them in dark place if it has some vitamin c.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
I am not sure but I heard once its under 70 degrees.
lilyofthevalley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
I normally don't. The ingredents may have some change after being put into the cooler or fridge.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:55 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I do, especially in the summer. I've noticed that it definitely helps products stay fresher longer. I use a lot of organic products and products without preservatives. Keeping skin stuff in the fridge annoys my husband though, so I try not to take up too much room.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |