Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

eBay anyone???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Songbird
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
I've done my fair share of buying on eBay (esp. cosmetics & skincare) but, I've been considering selling as well. I've got a ton of items I'd like to sell & need the extra $$, but I'm not sure if eBay is the way to go. Do any of you sell on eBay? Any advice? Do's or Don'ts? Just curious. Thanks. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried to sell a little here and there, and I think it takes a lot of dedication, if you make it "a job" with lots of listings and inventory I think you can make good money. I sell on Amazon and know a lot about search engine opt and online marketing if you ever want any advice let me know.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
I have been selling on eBay since it started Smile I used to be a powerseller however, I was selling my own art, which is a little different from selling belongings. At the moment I am taking a hiatus as the eBay economy is just awful. It depends on what you want to sell, of course, and how much you will be happy getting for what you are selling. You can open up a shop or hold auctions. eBay will charge you a listing fee regardless of whether or not your item sells.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
If you just want to "get rid of stuff" (i.e. not have a real business but just get rid of stuff you don't need/use and make a little money out of it), you can also consider craigslist.

Craigslist is more local, so it's usually people from your same city that buy it. I don't know but at least in Montreal, it works pretty well.

I've sold lots of things I didn't need/use and also some stuff I just gave away to get rid of it.

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
Songbird
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you ladies so much for your advice Smile

I have thought about Craigslist as well as eBay. I guess I just need to get my feet wet somewhere and see how it goes. Again, I appreciate your replies.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:57 am      Reply with quote
secretly wrote:
I've tried to sell a little here and there, and I think it takes a lot of dedication, if you make it "a job" with lots of listings and inventory I think you can make good money. I sell on Amazon and know a lot about search engine opt and online marketing if you ever want any advice let me know.

Hi Secretly, can you please tell me more about online marketing and what is "engine opt"? Recently I've been trying to sell off some stuff (ie, bags, accessories, designer clothes) on eBay for a little extra cash, but somehow I don't know how to make them appealing enough. And it sucks when nobody makes a bid... Confused I'd really appreciate any advice you have. Thanks!

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
secretly
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
SEO search engine optimization refers to getting more traffic to a website and getting your site ranked higher. But for Ebay Antonia probably knows the answers to your questions. I'd say take really nice pictures. You should look around for private sites that sell slightly used women's things and see if you can also list them there.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Are there any consignment stores in your area? that's another way to sell your nice things.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
secretly wrote:
Are there any consignment stores in your area? that's another way to sell your nice things.

Not anymore. I don't know where they've all gone. When my daughter was younger I used to take things there all the time, but they're nowhere to be found now. Sad

5% products discount

Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
Ebay's gotten complicated over the years. I still use it to sell but they've made it harder for merchants. For selling beauty stuff (especially to EDS members) ask Miss Tina about her new site. She's been working on a site for those of us who want to pass on goodies we wont use to people who actually want them. =0)

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:11 am      Reply with quote
I've been on Ebay since 1999 and at one time was a powerseller. I don't sell on there as much any more due to the poor economy and not finding much to sell at the thrift stores. I used to make a killing on Ebay back in the day and wont even mention the income I generated in my best year on there...lets just say it was enough to be considered a WELL paying job. I think the selling fees have gotten way out of hand on Ebay as of late and I don't care much for the new feedback system...it's a crock for sellers....I would recommend Craigslist, no fees and it's very easy to sell on there. I've bought and sold on there with no issues thus far.

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:33 am      Reply with quote
I have made a bit of a job of selling on ebay for the past couple of years. Mind you I really dislike them and their fees. If you are in Australia, I recommend trying Oztion.
There is extra cash to be made on both, if you have the time and energy.
firstaka

Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
its a tough call between craigslist and ebay. They both have their downfalls. For instance on Craigslist you don't know who you are selling to and you will have to meet them to exchange the item for cash. In my experience, selling on craigslist was somewhat annoying. People will e-mail you and sound interested but then you never hear from them again. Or they will schedule a time to come pick up the item and never show up...

Where as on ebay, once you list the item the highest bidder takes it no questions asked. Once in awhile you may get a non payer but that doesn't happen much (at least in my experience). If you use Paypal, you can print out a shipping label and just drop it off at the post office or close mailing box. However, ebay fee's and paypal fee's are getting ridiculous and that is also something to consider.

I have always gone with ebay unless I think I can get a more favorable price on craigslist (Recently sold some window unit A/C's. Since the buyer doesn't have to pay shipping I can pocket that extra money)

Just my $.02
BellaKai
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
I have sold on Ebay and made some extra cash here and there, but I will say that only good brand name items will be your good sellers. I sold some Bebe, J Crew, Banana Republic, and Anthropologie things. If you have shoes that you haven't really worn, those are usually good sellers too. You can also combine things in "lots" - sometimes people like to buy clothing this way. Offering shipping at a reasonable price is important too. I think buyers are turned off by high shipping fees (some people on ebay try to make extra money off of the shipping price - not fair in my opinion). Good luck! This is a good time to be selling because a lot of people are looking for fall and winter clothing. It can be a lot of fun.
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:21 am      Reply with quote
I sell alot on eBay. The best advice I would give is to make certain you FILL UP your "TITLE" line.....That is where your keywords should go.

For example, if you were selling Mineral Make-Up, you would want your listing title to be something like this:

Mineral Make-Up MMU Put the Brand Name here also and the size and colo.....add as much as you possibly can......fill in your entire space.

I see so many eBayers that just have 2-4 short words in the title and they would get so much more lookers and/or bids if they put the "key" words in the title.

Also, I personally go through Auctiva to list my items....That way I can get free pictures, unlike having to pay per picture when going through eBay....

Dry - Combo Skin - added Retin A to my pm skincare regime on March 20, 2015---I have used Rosehip and coconut oil-daily-for over a year and this significally reduced my scarring and evened my skin tone
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:24 am      Reply with quote
Forgot to add....start your bidding price low. I have always found that if I start out at $.99, it gets better bids than starting out higher.....Even if the item is worth $100....I always start out at $.99

Dry - Combo Skin - added Retin A to my pm skincare regime on March 20, 2015---I have used Rosehip and coconut oil-daily-for over a year and this significally reduced my scarring and evened my skin tone
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
I found that if you want to sell something heavy and you want the buyer to pick it up from your house, listing it on recycler.com (used to be a newspaper classifieds that you had to pay $1 to see who is selling what but now free to list anything online). If you sell puppies, you can list there, too. I bought my puppy from a local seller who advertised on recycler.com. I also got a great deal on a dog house and rabbit cages on here.

For ebay, I don't sell but my sister does, and she sells only lightweight items. She said it's easier that way when shipped.

My sister agreed that starting auctions at 99 cents draws attention more, but lately with this economy, my sister found not enough people are looking on ebay to create that much bidding war.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
I've only sold a thing or two. But I'll tell you, I buy from e-bay first. If I find an item I want, I almost always check e-bay to see if I can find it cheaper.

I just purchased an item for $63.00 that would retail $85.00 and shipping would be the same.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
If you sell puppies, you can list there, too. I bought my puppy from a local seller who advertised on recycler.com. I also got a great deal on a dog house and rabbit cages on here.

With all due respect, Bira, allow me to remind you what you probably already know: There is an overwhelming population of animals across the country who are euthanised (killed) each year in shelters and humane societies due to the fact that there are not enough homes for them. Please don't encourage people to "sell puppies." It is wrong to use animals as profit - especially when it involves placing the lives of an animal into the hands of another without interviewing that person and seeing if they are able to care for this animal throughout the length of their lives.

The original conversation was about Ebay. And there is good reason why Ebay does not allow the sale of animals.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |