Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Enlarged Pores & Ice Pick Scarring
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I have read the forums a little, but wanted to ask a little and tell a little about myself.

I have read that several products can help reduce pore size, which the one I find best, so far, is JB's Green Apple Peel....Where can I get this?

Also, will this help with minor ice pick scarring? If not, what would you folks recommend?

Thanks in advance,
Amy
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Peels and AHA's will help with pores, but ice pick scars are a little more difficult. You would need stronger peels to help with that. Also lasers and fillers can help. I would suggest talking to your dermatologist to determine how severe and what treatment might be needed. There are also several really good acne forums that have a lot of topics on ice pick scars. I have read several good suggestions thee at that is a very common thread.
I have shallow scars from acne and it's been a long road of trying products to help. Lasers, IPL's, and peels have worked best for me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:59 am      Reply with quote
Annie, I have small-ish scarring from old acne break outs as well. I'm interested to hear which particular peel you did or which lasers. I love reading your reviews and I know you post quite extensively so I may have missed you already discussing this somewhere on the board.
I'm using Md Skincare Alpha Beta Peel at the mo So I guess I'm getting some AHA. Was it you who was really into the AHA souffle. I'm racking my brain.. Anxious
tia!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Thanks! I am always a work in progress which my hubby says is due to my extremely high magnifying mirror (which he threatens to throw away!)
I had a lot of sundamage as a teen as I grew up on a ranch always outdoors with no sunscreen.
Then at age 21, I suddenly broke out in huge cystic acne. I went thru huge doses of antibiotics (which I nearly died from developing peritonitis) and then finally accutane, which did the trick.
Now years later I am trying to erase that damage and slight scarring, rough pore areas, fine lines.
I have done at home peels including TCA's and glycolics from platinum skin care and light peels at the med/spa with microdermabrasions. Those work the best if you do them every 3-6 months as maintenance. The TCA's worked really good at getting me to have a deeper peel ,but a 7 day recovery time is harder to do.
I have had 6 Ipl's now, just had one on Tuesday.
I get them yearly for maintenance. I have also had Yag laser in several tough cap areas. I have done Fraxel, which caused me to break out heavily and this last October I did the CO2 Laser and had my face blasted off. It was okay, did nothing for wrinkles and pores and recovery was a nightmare. I also broke out for MONTHS on end and had to be on antibiotics. Not a happy camper.
Hope that helps!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Thanks! I am always a work in progress which my hubby says is due to my extremely high magnifying mirror (which he threatens to throw away!)
I had a lot of sundamage as a teen as I grew up on a ranch always outdoors with no sunscreen.
Then at age 21, I suddenly broke out in huge cystic acne. I went thru huge doses of antibiotics (which I nearly died from developing peritonitis) and then finally accutane, which did the trick.
Now years later I am trying to erase that damage and slight scarring, rough pore areas, fine lines.
I have done at home peels including TCA's and glycolics from platinum skin care and light peels at the med/spa with microdermabrasions. Those work the best if you do them every 3-6 months as maintenance. The TCA's worked really good at getting me to have a deeper peel ,but a 7 day recovery time is harder to do.
I have had 6 Ipl's now, just had one on Tuesday.
I get them yearly for maintenance. I have also had Yag laser in several tough cap areas. I have done Fraxel, which caused me to break out heavily and this last October I did the CO2 Laser and had my face blasted off. It was okay, did nothing for wrinkles and pores and recovery was a nightmare. I also broke out for MONTHS on end and had to be on antibiotics. Not a happy camper.
Hope that helps!

It is crazy because I have never had "acne", so to speak.....but I still have small scarring due to the way my skin "handles" the occasional bump.

When I get a bump/zit, when it goes away, it leaves a mark....sometimes a small hole, even though I do not squeeze them......I leave them alone and let them heal themselves and they still leave a mark.....SoI have no clue why my facial skin is like this......I do not have problems such as this on any other part of my body.....If I get a bump or sore on any other part of my body, it heals nicely......So I am clueless as to why my face can't do the same.....I guess if it did, I wouldn't be on here trying to "fix" it, huh.....

I have had the YAG Laser done several times, but it didn't seem to do anything.....except take my money.....

I am now going to try the 302 Products and see how they do for me......I am really hoping they will be my "magical" little helpers Smile
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:14 am      Reply with quote
My understanding is that the Yag is just for pinpointing EXACT capillaries to zap them, not as an overall face treatment. That's why the IPL's are recommended. They really do help me. The one I had gotten on Tues. really helped fade some old red spots and even up my skin tone. It also helps with breakouts too.
Let us know how the 302 works for you. Good luck!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Annie,
What was your experience like with the co2 laser? Isn't this one supposed to be the "gold standard" for resurfacing? Or am I getting my lasers mixed up?

I also started having cystic acne in my 20's and took accutane as well. A real god-send for me! But due to days baking in the sun with no sunscreen as well as the acne, my skin's texture is really rough. Obagi has helped but I'd like more improvement, if possible.

Just thought I'd seek your opinion. Thanks!

5% products discount

Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
Annie you can get the JB's apple mask at Sephora! Also make sure you get a sample first before buying the full size product to see if it truly works or not!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Kims-you are correct on that Laser. The down time was extensive and it is expensive. You have to be sedated. My hubby watched the whole procedure and later told me why. I scabbed, peeled and oozed for about two weeks total and then was red-faced for over a month. After that, I broke out with little tiny pustules for about 6 months. I can't tell that it did a thing as far as collagen improvement or wrinkles. They say it takes up to a year to see final results, still waiting.
I get better results from IPL's and had to have one last week to help with the redness and scars left from the laser!
I have tried the apple mask now that I think about it several years ago, but it was too much for my poor sensitive skin. You know I have never bought anything full-sized from Sephora that I haven't tried a sample first (other than makeup). They are awesome! I am trying all of the their pore minimizers right now. I love Sephora!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Annie,
Thanks for the info regarding the co2! So, it sounds like your results were less than satisfactory? My plastic surgeon quoted a price of $2000 for a full face treatment. I know the cost probably varies regionally, but this seemed a little expensive to me.

I will be finishing up Nuderm in about six weeks and will evaluate my skin at that time, but I think it's still going to need just a little something extra to take it to the next level.

A series of IPL treatments might work for me, too. I still have scarring issues and some red spots that I'd like to address.

Thanks for sharing!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
My understanding is that the Yag is just for pinpointing EXACT capillaries to zap them, not as an overall face treatment. That's why the IPL's are recommended. They really do help me. The one I had gotten on Tues. really helped fade some old red spots and even up my skin tone. It also helps with breakouts too.
Let us know how the 302 works for you. Good luck!

Yes, the dr. actually only used the laser on my "problem" areas but it didn't seem to do anything at all.......Very unfortunate, as it is not cheap!!!! Leason leaned though.

I got my 302 Products and started them tonight, so I am hoping for great results..... Hopefully sooner then later.
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
icyj wrote:
Annie you can get the JB's apple mask at Sephora! Also make sure you get a sample first before buying the full size product to see if it truly works or not!

Can this mask be used along with the 302 products? I am thinking "No", but can someone verify, as I ordered this before I purchased the 302 products and I might have to put it on eBay now.....I was really looking forward to trying it....But I don't think that will be a good idea now.....But if so, please do let me know.

TY,
Amy

Dry - Combo Skin - added Retin A to my pm skincare regime on March 20, 2015---I have used Rosehip and coconut oil-daily-for over a year and this significally reduced my scarring and evened my skin tone
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:27 am      Reply with quote
JB? Do you mean Janson Beckett? I do not remember that Janson Beckett has apple peal.

I once tried some Dr. Brandt poreless products, and the result was amazing, the pore really turned smaller. Besides this brand, I do not remember any other products that could minimize my pore.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:15 am      Reply with quote
Yes, the laser was on special from 2000 to 1000 since I had the blephs at the same time. Way over priced for the results, would not recommend it.
I was a swollen, oozing mess! I would say IPLS have more results from the money than any of the ones such as the Fraxel, CO2, and Cool Touch that I have thrown my money at.
There are several good threads going on right now about pores (isn't there always) and pore minimizing products. I am trying all three samples that Sephora had, DDF, Dr. Brandt and after those two the dermadoctor. So far no differences but it has only been a few weeks. DDF had the highest reviews found on other sites.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Annie,
Pores are a big issue for me too. I haven't tried anything that's been very effective for me either. Even using Obagi Nuderm hasn't done much for the whole pore issue.

I had a series of IPL a few years back, but I didn't do much to take care of my skin afterwards and the hyperpigmentation came back. Now that I'm older and wiser, I'll definitely have a maintenance plan!!

I have a few shallow a acne scars to deal with too. I think they're really only noticeable to me, but they seem rather "obvious" in certain types of lighting.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
MentorAmy05 wrote:
Can this mask be used along with the 302 products? I am thinking "No", but can someone verify, as I ordered this before I purchased the 302 products and I might have to put it on eBay now.....I was really looking forward to trying it....But I don't think that will be a good idea now.....But if so, please do let me know.

TY,
Amy

No, it has a C in there and alpha lipoic acid, etc. No other products with the 302 line, sorry!
saisai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
JB's Green Apple Peel..sounds very attractive. Is it suitable for sensitive skin?
productsavvy
5% products discount

Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:55 am      Reply with quote
I am not sure if I have large open pores or acne ice pick scars. Do pore refining serums work for both pores and acne ice pick scars?
katharina
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:44 am      Reply with quote
You could also go to a qualified dermatologist and sign up for laser or other peeling treatments. The cost can be quite prohibitive, but the effects can be very good!
productsavvy
5% products discount

Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
I've heard people can have severe side-effects from lasers and stuff, so I wanna stay away from them. I wouldn't think of getting a chemical peel since the last time I used BHA cleanser a little too much, and it made my skin super dry. I have sort of sensitive skin and hence looking for gentler but effective products.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |