Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Get rid of cellulite
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
JessyAlba

Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
Can anybody solve my cellulite problem; I tried everything from massage, medicines. But all proved to be temporary cures. Have any one of you had cellulite and has been treated without reoccurrence. Please help me out. Thank you
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:44 am      Reply with quote
If what you've done before has seen your cellulite go then why not continue on a maintenance program?
I don't know that there is a 'cure' as such. Don't know of one anyway. Sad
So what kind of massage and medicines have worked for you?
Vee26
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Lipo - but then that is expensive, painful and doesn't last forever either!

I'd stick to massaging the areas - you can get a hand held massage thing just for cellulite - I've been using one for years and I don't have much...mind you I am not sure if I ever did!

Good luck! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Vee26 wrote:
Lipo - but then that is expensive, painful and doesn't last forever either!

Lipo is NOT a cure for cellulite and lipo can often make cellulite look worse. Lipo removes more of the surface fat, cellulite is deeper.

JessyAlba wrote:
Can anybody solve my cellulite problem; I tried everything from massage, medicines. But all proved to be temporary cures. Have any one of you had cellulite and has been treated without reoccurrence.

Cellulite cannot be cured with machines/supplements/creams. You can improve it by eating a very clean diet and doing cardio.

Here is article Dr B recently wrote:
http://www.skintypesolutions.com/newsletters/2009_06/index.html
seabliss
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Actually cellulite is on the surface, and lipo generally removes deeper fat. There are some surgeons who are skilled with liposculpture, which uses small cannulae to remove or reduce some cellulite bulges. But normal lipo rarely helps cellulite and sometimes makes it worse, as GirlieGirl said.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
I asked a plastic surgeon about lipo removing cellulite on my thighs. He said it would NOT work.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
The only thing that can really affect it (sans surgical methods) is to lose some fat. Some people can get a tad of chunk on them and not get cellulite because of their genes, but if those aren't your genes, you just have to do what others said and go on maintenance with these temp fixes, or lose enough fat (not just weight!) off of yourself to where it goes away or almost goes away. Be aware there are some people who have such strong cellulite genes, they can get to a very low body fat and still have some - my personal trainer is VERY lean and still has some right under her butt that drives her up the wall, it is negligible though and only bothers her because she's a trainer. Changing your body composition REQUIRES weight training. The idea is to create a special situation where you're starving the fat while maintaining muscle, and cardio/reduced calorie diets are catabolic in any form, so weights are necessary otherwise you'll be a smaller but still generally same body comp version of what you are now (probably won't see much change in the cellulite). Make sure you are eating at least 1 to 1.5 grams of protein per lb of body weight and reduce calories to where you are burning 1-2 lbs a week. Be true to this and you will see progress pretty quickly.

The cream ads make me want to cry.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
Stairmaster, massage, vacuum therapy, sauna/ steamroom, healthy fats/no sugar diet. That's what helped me to reduce the cellulite, but I know that once I stop doing all that it will come back. Sad

Has anyone heard of endermology? Is it effective?

Edit: Aha, I've just read about edermology on the Dr. Baumann's website and she says that it as effective as weekly body massage and claims that edermology is more expensive, which is not true. Both are around 70-80 per session.

I also heard that acupuncture helps. Has anyone tried it?
cacipony
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:41 am      Reply with quote
omg lipo????!!!! i hv cellulite too, and i always thought it was related to weight. soon i realised it was hereditary, and considering the fact tt i lost alot of weight, and still hv cellulite.

do u guys think the NIVEA CELLULITE works? i know cellulite cannot be cured, but the main thg is to reduce the appearance of it...

maybe cellulite treatments at the docs office or smthg? i might try this when i start working! but hopefully, the cellulite will magically disappear!!! I WISH!!!!!
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:08 am      Reply with quote
cacipony wrote:
omg lipo????!!!! i hv cellulite too, and i always thought it was related to weight. soon i realised it was hereditary, and considering the fact tt i lost alot of weight, and still hv cellulite.

do u guys think the NIVEA CELLULITE works? i know cellulite cannot be cured, but the main thg is to reduce the appearance of it...

maybe cellulite treatments at the docs office or smthg? i might try this when i start working! but hopefully, the cellulite will magically disappear!!! I WISH!!!!!

I have the nivea cellulite cream. I bought it after seeing it on the tyra banks show.

doesn't work

Pop by to the DIY thread, there's a really good thread going for no lipo lipo dvd by carole maggio

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=34409
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
First magazine had an article about a new one that I have never tried, Adonia Leg Tone Serum, 87.00. Pricey though for an unknown.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
My friend had severe problem with cellulite two years ago. She cut down on her carbs and improved her diet (no sugar). She is doing cardio every day for half an hour or more. I am very happy for her results, as she lost 30 kilograms for these two years and she looks great! She still has cellulite, but less than before and gradually she will eliminate this problem. Of course she has to maintain this routine, otherwise cellulite problem will come back.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:29 am      Reply with quote
What about exercise? I think exercise could help.
NOTCH
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:31 am      Reply with quote
JessyAlba, in the Products Reviews Forum here on EDS a very good set of threads were posted here concerning cellulite:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=405261&highlight=cellulite#405261

In that "Review: Fat Burner from NOTCH" thread, I posted a long article on the methods and products for cellulite treatment. You might want to go there and review that article and all the comments the posters added. It's good information.

My personal method, and Sandy's too is heavy duty diet and exercise along with a topical fat burning product. We are competitive bodybuilders, and after doing this for decades, there is no doubt that the main thing that works is watching what you eat, eat at least 6 or 7 SMALL meals a day spaced out over the entire day along with drinking a LOT of water, and hard exercise with heavy weights. Muscle burns fat... burns fat virtually 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, all year long...as a fuel source. Even when you are sleeping! The more muscle mass you have on your body, the more it will burn body fat. Eventually, your muscle mass will be greater than the body fat mass and you will begin to see smooth skin, tight muscles and little to no cellulite.

I know this isn't easy, what is?! If it was easy, everyone would be doing it and you wouldn't see anyone walking around with cellulite. So, dig deep within yourself, set goals, and go for it with never ending tenacity. You will succeed.

Hope this helps,

John

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Honestly, I've only seen cellulite on over fat people. I say overfat, because you see it on skinny run way models that have zero muscle. I swear, they must only carry that which is necessary to hold up their skeleton. I do think there is a degree of genetics at play... in that if you're carrying extra fat, and it's within your genes to look like oatmeal... then there it is. But, If you can lean down, to the point of seeing some muscle tone, then I'd be surprised to see much if any cellulite.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
I get frustrated when people are counseled to lose weight to combat cellulite. I have had cellulite since I was about 13, and have always been extremely slender, 5'7 and 115 lbs. I exercise regularly and eat well. Now that I am older I have even more of it. Cellulite is not a fat condition. It is genetically related, and is a SKIN condition. It has more to do with the breakdown of connective tissue than fat content. Everyone has this fat on their thighs, some skin types show it more than others, especiallyu when the support of connective tissue breaks down and the fat shows through. Muscle mass can stretch the skin and make it less obvious, but has never worked for me.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Ava with wings you just described myself!!!I am 5'9'' 127lbs but still have some cellulite on my butt that I never get rid of no matter how clean my diet is and in spite of going to the gym..My mother has a lot of cellulite so I guess I have inherited her skin..

Women tell me I have a model's body and they believe I have zero cellulite but without clothes I do have cellulite,while some friends of mine who are overweight have less.

I have a cellulite dimple on my butt since I was 12.With skirts even with shorts I look like I don't have any cellulite at all but in bikini it is apparent,just right under my butt..

I think that cellulite is not just fat,it is a problem of blood and lymph circulation and therefore as Ava said a skin condition.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |