Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
The ABC of house cleaning
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone have any recommendations (books/websites/ personal tricks/products) on how to clean the house and do the housekeeping in a fast and easy way ( for lazy gals)? Rolling Eyes

I recently baught a new washcloth (Shinex)at Home Depot and it made my life easier, since now I wash the floor 5 times better and faster.

What I hate most is cleaning the oven or some greasy spots with chemicals that make me sick, but without them I have to use much more effort to clean Confused Any suggestions?
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:09 am      Reply with quote
Many years ago, I went from apartment living to single mom owning my own home, and I was so overwhelmed! I found the FlyLady site to be very helpful in getting organized and keeping my new house clean:

http://www.flylady.net/index.asp

HTH! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
I LOVE Method Products... They all smell really nice, so your home does not smell like a chemical time bomb!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:
Many years ago, I went from apartment living to single mom owning my own home, and I was so overwhelmed! I found the FlyLady site to be very helpful in getting organized and keeping my new house clean:

http://www.flylady.net/index.asp

HTH! Very Happy

Great site! Thanks and I bookmarked it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Nadjazz - I forgot about that site. However I'm looking to move from my big old home to a townhouse and keep it spic and span.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
I LOVE Method Products... They all smell really nice, so your home does not smell like a chemical time bomb!

Yes! Thanks for the reminder, Claudia...some of my friends with the cleanest, prettiest homes are Method fans.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
I bookmarked it and gave them my email and have three already Laughing I have Method products and prefer them

I'm off to shine my sink. : Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:14 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

I'm off to shine my sink. : Cool

Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:07 am      Reply with quote
I highly recommend the Speed Cleaning books & method by Jeff Campbell. If anyone can make cleaning actually *enjoyable* it's this guy and his method!

http://www.speedcleaning.com/

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
I use vinegar and water for cleaning floors, windows, and glass, ajax for almost everything else including toilet, also use some 7th generation stuff. Can't stand chemicals.

To clean oven:

1. Add baking soda to a completely cool oven.

2. Spray the baking soda with water to help break down the food particles.

3. Continue spraying the baking soda with water as it dries out, every few hours.

4. Scrape out the baking soda along with the baked on residue.

5. Rinse the bottom of the oven out thoroughly.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
secretly wrote:
I use vinegar and water for cleaning floors, windows, and glass, ajax for almost everything else including toilet, also use some 7th generation stuff. Can't stand chemicals.

To clean oven:

1. Add baking soda to a completely cool oven.

2. Spray the baking soda with water to help break down the food particles.

3. Continue spraying the baking soda with water as it dries out, every few hours.

4. Scrape out the baking soda along with the baked on residue.

5. Rinse the bottom of the oven out thoroughly.

OOOOh thanks for this. I'm gonna try that sometime. When or if I get a dirty oven that is.
You know I'm so lazy that I use an electric frypan to cook my roasts in so as not to dirty my oven. Embarassed
health2u
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
If you have kids, or dogs, or like to entertain, and anything yucky happens to spill/stain your carpets or area rugs, (or car upholstery) - there is product called Capture Carpet Cleaner that has saved me a million times. It's a water-based powder that has a slight lemon scent. It doesn't void carpet warranties, (I've used it on handmade rugs) and dries in about 30 minutes. You just vacuum up the powder and that's it. No scrubbing. Smile Sometimes works on old, set-in stains, too.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hopefully you can open this link

http://methodhome.com/post/2009/08/25/yeahwee28099re-big-in-hollywood.aspx

If you buy the movie Sunshine Cleaning (about 2 broke women that open a house cleaning business, then realize they could make A LOT more $$ cleaning up at crime scenes...), then you get $10 coupons on Method (one of my faves) products!!!!

That's worth it!

Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |