Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Facial yoga
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:02 am      Reply with quote
I know that a lot of people here believe in facial exercise. I've tried both FE and Ageless myself and have quit because I wasn't seeing any results with the sagging in the lower half of my face which has resulted from becoming menopausal. I ran across a discussion of facial yoga not too long ago and wondered if anyone has tried this. There are a number of books and a DVD called Happy Face Yoga. There are also a lot of websites that show what some of the facial yoga exercises are. I'm thinking about ordering the DVD but wanted some feedback if anyone here has tried this.
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Hi Skippie - The best thing that helped with my lower sag in the jowl and neck has been the Tua Viso. it's been fantastic. I am 58 and obviously been through menopause for some time.
You may want to read the EDS thread on the tua Viso and form your own opinions. DiPhx

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
Marie Veronique has a book called Yoga Facelift, and she does workshops, here's more info.
http://kidsafescreen.com/index.php?page=the-yoga-facelift
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:13 am      Reply with quote
Thank you. I'll look into both your suggestions. DiPhx, I think I saw on another thread that you also use the AALS. Of the two gadgets (Tua Viso and AALS) which do you prefer and which do you think has helped the most with sagging?

Thanks again for your help.
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Skippie - for the facial sagging, Tua Viso is definitely what to use as it exercises your facial muscles. However, I also love my AAlightstim as it's great for skin tone,
enhancing collagen production, and doing a
slight firming of the skin. Each gadget has different uses but I love them both and
wouldn't be without either! They're both
definitely worth saving up for! DiPhx

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:24 am      Reply with quote
DiPhx wrote:
Hi Skippie - for the facial sagging, Tua Viso is definitely what to use as it exercises your facial muscles. However, I also love my AAlightstim as it's great for skin tone,
enhancing collagen production, and doing a
slight firming of the skin. Each gadget has different uses but I love them both and
wouldn't be without either! They're both
definitely worth saving up for! DiPhx

Hi DiPhx -

I have lots of questions for you if you have the time. Have you actually seen a lifting of the lower face? How about lessening of the scallop along the jaw line where the bottom of the jowl is or the marionette line that goes from mouth down to the jaw that creates the jowl?? Has it helped with a double chin? Do you think there is actually lifting going on so angles are changing or it is plumping you out and thus getting rid of shadows? I am beginning to think that surgery might be the only solution that will make a difference. Also tell me how long you use the TV for and how frequently? I am happy for you that you have found things that work for you. I remember when you were researching all of this a few years ago.
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mommiedearest - Yes, have seen a lifting in the jaw and neck. I did not have a double chin but had sagging skin under the jowl and those horizontal lines around the neck. My wrinkles under my eyes and the crowsfeet were prominent. I used the AAlightstim for over a year in all those areas and though the skin tightened a little, it didn't get rid of the sag or the wrinkles. Have been using Tua Viso for 3 months now about 4-5 times a week and also using only the Ageless cheek exercise.
Am ready to go to maintenace in another week or two and will use the TV for 2-3 times a week.
The sagging skin in the jowl is almost gone and I have an oval face again; the horizontal lines in the neck are almost gone. The wrinkles under my eyes (my biggest frustration) are better but still there somewhat. My cheeks are fuller and lifted which I believe has diminished thw wrinkles. Have to believe all these good things are due to the lifting of the face. it does take time though. My NL lines weren't bad but are better as well. My husband says he can really tell a difference and that I do look "younger." I want my skin to be a little thicker so am going to try dry brushing as well at night. Look at it like this -
if you purchase and use it great guns for the
first month and see no difference, you can send it back. If you notice somewhat of a difference, you know you're well on your way.

I bought from NCN and have the one with the recharegeable battery. It takes about 3 hours to charge up every day so I have to plan when to
use it and not forget to plug in the charger.
Again, you just have to add it to your routine.
I still use the AAlightstim about 2X a week.
Somedays I use both the TV in the am and the
AAlightstim in the evening. When I'm down to the maintenace mode on both, will be in great shape! just remember if you purchase, really use it that first month to see if it will work for you as you should know after 30 days.
Hope it works for you too! DiPhx

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Diphx, how long does it take you to use the Tuo? Do you think it would work lifting up the eye area?
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi rileygirl - Initially it took me about 45 minutes a day as I had to find the right spots and used it for 3 minutes in each area recommended. Am down to about 35 minutes now as some of the areas I may only do for 1 or 2 minutes and the worst areas for 3 minutes.

For the eye area - my left brow is lower than my right brow and I used the TV for 1 minute on the right and 3 minutes on the left. My left seems to be getting a little higher as I can tell on the tops of my sunglasses. For the upper eyelid, don't know how much it does for that. My eyes do look just a little more open and am not sure which TV exercise is helping
with that. I wuld have to say th stongest areas the TV works is the brow, the jowl and chin and the neck. The sides of my mouth are fine but they were't a big problems either.
HOpe this helps - DIPhx

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
DiPhx wrote:
Hi rileygirl - Initially it took me about 45 minutes a day as I had to find the right spots and used it for 3 minutes in each area recommended. Am down to about 35 minutes now as some of the areas I may only do for 1 or 2 minutes and the worst areas for 3 minutes.

For the eye area - my left brow is lower than my right brow and I used the TV for 1 minute on the right and 3 minutes on the left. My left seems to be getting a little higher as I can tell on the tops of my sunglasses. For the upper eyelid, don't know how much it does for that. My eyes do look just a little more open and am not sure which TV exercise is helping
with that. I wuld have to say th stongest areas the TV works is the brow, the jowl and chin and the neck. The sides of my mouth are fine but they were't a big problems either.
HOpe this helps - DIPhx

Thanks, DiPhx. I am most interested in the jowls and brow - I guess it would be the brow, as I want a more "open" look to my eyes!
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks DiPhx!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |