Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Sunscreen and Sun blocks
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
saku88

Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
I am new to the forum and I have done alot of reading about sunscreens and sunblocks on the forum. What am i? confused.
Here's a simple question.
I use retinol and do chemical peels very often.

I need UVA UVB all the time..i like to put it on at home too during the day cause i am afraid that the sun is still hitting your face...i think i am obsessed.

What's a really good one with awesome protection that won't cause break outs?
carmina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
I think Eucerin everyday protection lotion spf 30 is very good. It works well even for sensitive skin.
Here are the list of ingredients

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate, Zinc Oxide, Octisalate, Ensulizole, Titanium Dioxide

Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Sodium Lactate, Lactic Acid, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, PEG 40 Castor Oil, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Xanthan Gum, Trisodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Alumina, Simethicone, Phenoxyethanol, DMDM Hydantoin

I also recommend Shisedo ultimate protection lotion spf55, but it is a little expensive, I think.
Both are uva+uvb protection.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
I use DDF Organic Sun Protection SPF 30. It is for sensitive skin, so it may be good for you too, as you said you do peels frequently. Another physical sunblock is Lavera, but it is more heavy and I would not recommend it for someone with oily skin, because it may make your skin to break out. My skin is dry, so I use it with a good results. I actually prefer Lavera, because it protects better than DDF. My skin is very fair and with DDF I still get burned after 15 minutes under the sun. Lavera protects better and I could enjoy sun longer.

5% products discount

Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
you must use the sunscreens,even in the house.but at the same time you can eat some vegetable or fruits which can help you to prevent the sun light,and avoid some food which is push you become black,you can googled~~~
icyj
5% products discount

Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
I'm presently using the Juice Beauty one and its the one for the body with SPF20 not only does it have sun protection its also good for you with the amazing ingredients if you have bad skin i.e. acne, wrinkles, fine lines, etc.

Althought its meant for the body i use it on my face and it feels very light and absorbs very well and you get a huge 10oz for $29. I also like the pump!! works amazingly well and if you have a sephora near you go in and ask for a sample before u buy the full size to see if you like or not!
iregal
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:58 am      Reply with quote
hi,
ive been using mineral sunscreen (Dr Daniello) which i like as it doesn't block my pores.
rlook
5% products discount

Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:01 am      Reply with quote
I would recommend a Zinc Oxide based sunscreen. I use Pratima Neem Rose SPF 30 and Osmosis Shelter SPF 29+. Both apply nicely, do not feel heavy on the face, leave no white cast and have not caused any breakouts.
saku88

Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for getting back.
Iregal..which sunscreen do you use by dr. daneillo?
I have tried Lavera before and it made me break out so bad! argh

I am eyeing the one by Osmosis shelter SPF 29+ and one from NCN ..it's called all natural sunscreen? anyone tried that?

Ill be sure to pick up a sample of the Juice beauty. do you what it's called exactly?
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with Lavera!
I tried Osmosis shelter SPF 29+ it made my skin red, I had burning sensation when I applied it to my skin. It didn't make my skin break out, but made it sensitive and red for two weeks.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:49 am      Reply with quote
hi Saku88, I use a tinted spf30 by Dr Daniello, it is zinc oxide based and i don't find it irritating at all. You only need a tiny amount. It has a beige sort of tint to it which means that you don't have a white face after putting it on. I will get the exact name of it tonight.
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:46 am      Reply with quote
I always think it is very troublesome for me put sunscreen on my face when I stay at home for a whole day long. But, you are right, lights still come into our home in the day. So, I like to apply some face cream with spf in it, which could make me feel more easy.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:54 am      Reply with quote
Skin Actives has a sunscreen SPF 30 that I really like. It doesn't leave a greasy feeling at all and hasn't caused me any breakouts. Ingredients are:

Purified Water, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, C 12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Cyclomethicone, Cetyl Dimethicone Copolyol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Ascorbic Acid (Vit. C), Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol Acetate, /Camellia oleifera/ (Green Tea) Extract, Chamomile (/Anthernis nobilis/) Extract, /Calendula officinalis/ Extract, Ginseng (/Panax ginseng/) Extract, /Gingko biloba /Extract, Licorice (/Glycyrrhiza glabra/) Extract, Hyaluronic acid, Sodium PCA, Citric Acid, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea.
iregal
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:21 am      Reply with quote
Saku88, the Daniello sunscreen is called Solar Eclipse and i use the tinted version of it.
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:55 am      Reply with quote
saku88 wrote:
I am new to the forum and I have done alot of reading about sunscreens and sunblocks on the forum. What am i? confused.
Here's a simple question.
I use retinol and do chemical peels very often.

I need UVA UVB all the time..i like to put it on at home too during the day cause i am afraid that the sun is still hitting your face...i think i am obsessed.

What's a really good one with awesome protection that won't cause break outs?

Are you looking for just a plain sunscreen or would you prefer a make-up with sunscreen?

I ask this because the Bare Essentials MMU is pretty good for most people and it has a SPF 25

Dry - Combo Skin - added Retin A to my pm skincare regime on March 20, 2015---I have used Rosehip and coconut oil-daily-for over a year and this significally reduced my scarring and evened my skin tone
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:21 am      Reply with quote
MentorAmy05 wrote:

Are you looking for just a plain sunscreen or would you prefer a make-up with sunscreen?

I ask this because the Bare Essentials MMU is pretty good for most people and it has a SPF 25

I would prefer a makeup with sunscreen - if I decide to wear makeup that day anyway. However, I heard that you have to apply certain amount of sunscreen to make it effective, and am thus wondering if a thin application of BE would be sufficient. Rolling Eyes
saisai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
I like Shiseido sun block cream. It never breaks me out and works very well.
jannyd

Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
[quote]

I also use Sheseido's sunscreen (55). I love the matte texture and it makes it easy to apply makeup after.

It worked to protect me in Egypt in the middle of the summer too!
ricebunny
5% products discount

Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
Saku88,

It really depends on how break-out prone you are. People who have acne-prone skin seem to prefer physical sunblocks containing zinc and titanium oxide. It's not especially popular with this forum, but I really like the Dermalogica Super Senstive Face Block SPF 30. The only downside to physical sunblocks is that sometimes they leave a white cast. The Dermalogica sunblock does leave a cast that disappears after about 20 minutes. But it's never broken me out, and applies nicely.

Currently, I'm using a chemical sunblock by LaRoche Posay Ultralight SPF 60. I really like this sunblock, it applies very smoothly and has a nice matte finish. I have normal/combination skin, and have never broken out from this sunscreen.

Good luck!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
I can understand your need to use AHA & BHA day and night. I had to do that also at one point in my life. Are you acne prone? If not and you love the way your skin feel, and you don't have normal to dry skin and you feel that moisturizer is not needed, then I can only suggest you find one that has high percentage of zinc.

I am using eltaMD line and a friend of mine is using Sofina. I have not tried it yet, but I can't wait. I also think you should use a very high SPF because you are using AHA & BHA all the time.
laylastam
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:45 am      Reply with quote
when i want sunscreen protection - i steal my baby's sunscreen - SPF50. I like the spray bottles. Works like a treat - safe for baby - good enough for me.!
mi_ni

Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
I love ANESSA spf50 pa+++, this suncream gives me full protection.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |