Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Name the TOP 3 Products You've ever used!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
TeeV

Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
1. Jan Marini Eyelash Intervention (works miracles)
2. Dr. Murad Youth Builder Vitamins

3. Kerastasse (Oleo Relax Deep Conditioner)
Margot
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
1. Obagi
2. Shiseido Benefiance Eye Cream
3. Shiseido Cleansing Oil
mimirose
5% products discount

Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
I would have to say...

La prairie smart eye cream
Dermalogica skin hydrating booster
decleor essential balm Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:36 am      Reply with quote
La Prairie Eye Contour Cream
La Prairie Time Release Moisturizer
Shiseido Massage Cream

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:31 am      Reply with quote
la prairie Essence of Skin Caviar Eye Complex

valmont renewing pack

Dr.hauschka Hautkur Normal

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:33 am      Reply with quote
Hmmm - for skincare I would say MD Formulations Critical Care cream

For hair I love Eden Organics range of herbal shampoo and conditioner

For make up I have a great Rimmel eye liner in a green that matches my eyes perfectly so I really like that.

Juliette
NClarkSpear

Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:44 am      Reply with quote
1. Bliss Instant Mattification
2. Perricone's Concentrated Restorative Vitamin C stuff
3. Claudilie Gentle buffing creme

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
No best products except for the green mask but these are the current faves:

1) Green mask - It's actually a gel you heat up and when it's fluid, you smear a thin layer over your face (or wherever there's white/blackheads), cover with oil blotter, and remove when dry. It works like Kao Biore Pore Pack but 1000X better...ooooohhh

2) Retin A - won't break you out like some vit C products, but would be better with some scent

3) Jurlique Day Cream - scent is too strong but tops in pure and natural skincare
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:55 am      Reply with quote
chloes wrote:
... 1) Green mask - It's actually a gel you heat up and when it's fluid, you smear a thin layer over your face (or wherever there's white/blackheads), cover with oil blotter, and remove when dry. It works like Kao Biore Pore Pack but 1000X better...ooooohhh

Chloes, can you elaborate on this product? Who is the manufacturer and what is the actual product name? Where do you purchase it? TIA! Very Happy
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:03 am      Reply with quote
Oatmeal is awesome for the skin in many ways. I LOVE an oatmeal bath with milk and honey. Your skin will love you and you will love your skin.

To avoid making a mess and clogging your drain, cut some old stockings into a 6 to 8" tube and knot one end or cut the foot out making a "bag," then put a cup or so of old-fashioned oatmeal into the bag and tie a knot to close it. You now have an easy oatmeal sponge (be sure to wet thoroughly before using), and there will be no mess to clog your drain.

[quote="Nijey"]
cuppre wrote:

I don't know if oatmeal would work as an exfoliator as the oat "flakes" would simply turn into mush when they come into contact with water. It would probably make a nice moisturizing mask, though.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:40 am      Reply with quote
uhmmmm...that is tough!

Obagi skin care
Erno Lazlo powder
Lauren Hutton face disc

Trish

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
valmont regenera I cream
nature by valmont harmonizing a day cream
C&E rosewater hand lotion

Age 27. Combination. Dry for winter and oil for summer. Acne prone. Uneven tone.Aging, worry about losing firmness.-------------------------I believe in that there is nobody else having worse skin than me. I keep looking for products can give me smooth, acne free yet soothing, firm, and radiant look.
horris
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
Eve Lome facial cleanser
Dr H rhythmic Night Conditioner
La Piarra smart cream
chloes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:27 am      Reply with quote
Mermaid Girl - I got it in Singapore but dun know if the store is carrying it anymore cause the last time I went down I got 5 bottles of the stuff which lasted me the last 1 year. It's pretty costly at SGD45 per 15ml glass bottle, approx. CND60. I myself have been looking for alternatives but to no avail. One bottle lasts me about 3 months if I use it 1-2 times a week. I just love the feeling of seeing and feeling the thousands of whiteheads on the oil blotter (yes, my face is terribly full of them).

I dun know if they carry this at any salons in your area. It is a small transparent glass bottle with a white cap and the gel is green in color. The label is white and it is pasted onto the bottle.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:43 am      Reply with quote
chloes wrote:
Mermaid Girl - I got it in Singapore but dun know if the store is carrying it anymore cause the last time I went down I got 5 bottles of the stuff which lasted me the last 1 year. It's pretty costly at SGD45 per 15ml glass bottle, approx. CND60. I myself have been looking for alternatives but to no avail. One bottle lasts me about 3 months if I use it 1-2 times a week. I just love the feeling of seeing and feeling the thousands of whiteheads on the oil blotter (yes, my face is terribly full of them).

I dun know if they carry this at any salons in your area. It is a small transparent glass bottle with a white cap and the gel is green in color. The label is white and it is pasted onto the bottle.

Chloes, sounds like a really neat product - I really like something where you can actually SEE the results (kind of like using a vacuum cleaner with a clear dustbin - you can see how dirty your floor was!). I might be able to locate this product you speak of if I knew:
(1) the name of the manufacturer and
(2) the full name of the product.
Can you please let me know what they are? TIA! Very Happy
chloes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Mermaid Girl - I'd have to go back and check on the details but it seems like one of those homemade products (but professionally prepared though). Or maybe it was manufactured in Thailand (I remember there was some ayurvedic thingy on the label). There's no manufacturer on the label. If not, I would have gone straight there to get my stock instead of searching like a mad woman a year ago ... lol, yes it is that important to me. i got this first at a cosmetics/toiletries shop but they do not carry it anymore (cause it is not 'branded' and people are not so willing to give it a try I think). I searched the whole country and chanced upon it at a shop which sells odds and ends....funny thing they sell this and some unlabelled shampoo to salons, and at a much cheaper rates too. Will be going there soon to get more stock. Wish I could help you get some but I think they restrict the shipping of certain stuff to the US? (I'm guessing that's where you're from).
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:04 am      Reply with quote
chloes wrote:
Mermaid Girl - I'd have to go back and check on the details but it seems like one of those homemade products (but professionally prepared though). Or maybe it was manufactured in Thailand (I remember there was some ayurvedic thingy on the label). There's no manufacturer on the label. If not, I would have gone straight there to get my stock instead of searching like a mad woman a year ago ... lol, yes it is that important to me. i got this first at a cosmetics/toiletries shop but they do not carry it anymore (cause it is not 'branded' and people are not so willing to give it a try I think). I searched the whole country and chanced upon it at a shop which sells odds and ends....funny thing they sell this and some unlabelled shampoo to salons, and at a much cheaper rates too. Will be going there soon to get more stock. Wish I could help you get some but I think they restrict the shipping of certain stuff to the US? (I'm guessing that's where you're from).

Were there any ingredients on the container for this product? If yes, post them and I'll see if I can come up with a DIY version for you guys....

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
There's no ingredients listed but I'll try my best to describe it:

Green Gel
Needs to be heated till it is watery
In cool state, it is either immovable gel or thick gooey gel (I think due to the water content when making that particular batch)
Dries on the face to a texture resembling wafer
Smells like geranium
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
... Were there any ingredients on the container for this product? If yes, post them and I'll see if I can come up with a DIY version for you guys....

chloes wrote:

Green Gel
In cool state, it is either immovable gel or thick gooey gel (I think due to the water content when making that particular batch)
Smells like geranium

Carrie, if *anyone* could whip up a DIY version of this, it would definitely be you, mad scientist girl! However, I think even you might be at a loss with Chloes description! Its not a lot to go on ... Very Happy
beautydream
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:34 am      Reply with quote
Sisley compound fluid
Dr.haushca toner
La colline cellular eye cream.
ompietubs03
5% products discount

Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:23 am      Reply with quote
1. MD Formulations Vit-A-Plus Clearing Complex: best pimple buster IMO!

2. Priori Cleanser with AHA/BHA & Idebenone AND Jan Marini Bioglygolic Cleanser: both great cleansers with active complex to gently exfoliate the skin and reveal clearer smoother even toned skin.

3. Emerginc Retinol & Vitamin C Mask: great mask, it really brightens your skin and leaves it squeaky clean, even the pores and pesky blackheds are improved with every use.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:57 am      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
carekate wrote:
... Were there any ingredients on the container for this product? If yes, post them and I'll see if I can come up with a DIY version for you guys....

chloes wrote:

Green Gel
Smells like geranium

Carrie, if *anyone* could whip up a DIY version of this, it would definitely be you, mad scientist girl! However, I think even you might be at a loss with Chloes description! Its not a lot to go on ... Very Happy

Yeah, I that's not enough to figure it out. If you really really really want to know, you can always send a sample of the stuff to a testing lab to be analyzed for it's complete ingredient makeup....

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Best 3 products - wow what a question ..Changes as I get older !!
at the moment - 42 years old dry sensitive skin....

Ren - conditioning eye make up remover
Weleda - almond sensitive skin cleanser
Neals Yard - Rose beauty balm (can be used in 3 different ways)

Plus...
Aderma - cleanser for water sensitive skin
Avene - spray water
Nuxe - Arome Valiance for Dry Skin cream
blaziamm
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Retin-A cure my Acne
Kiehl's calendula toner
decleor aromessence baume essentiel
blaziamm
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
I like retin A, but now it is too dry for my skin

chloes wrote:
No best products except for the green mask but these are the current faves:

1) Green mask - It's actually a gel you heat up and when it's fluid, you smear a thin layer over your face (or wherever there's white/blackheads), cover with oil blotter, and remove when dry. It works like Kao Biore Pore Pack but 1000X better...ooooohhh

2) Retin A - won't break you out like some vit C products, but would be better with some scent

3) Jurlique Day Cream - scent is too strong but tops in pure and natural skincare
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |