Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Best Sulfate-Free Shampoo???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Songbird
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
I have been reading a bit about how Sulfate Free Shampoos are much better for your hair. I'm considering the Pureology line, but they are quite expensive. I'm trying to find out what other brands are good, esp. in the lower price range. Thanks for any suggestions.

Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
Any of the ORGANIX shampoo's are really good and Sulfate free. They are usually around 6.99 at CVS so definitly affordable.

Also, BED HEAD Superstar Shampoo is very popular and well reviewed on Amazon. You can also get it for a good deal on Amazon, 2 for 1 usually.

I get the brazilian Keratin treatment which requires Sulfate Free shampoo's to maintain the treatment and those are the two I use personally:)
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
CTONICS organic shampoos are fabulous and sulfate free.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
I've said it before, I'll say it again. Loma Pearatin. Not super cheap. But you can always get a sample bottle fairly inexpensive to try.

Don't expect a big huge lather from these....

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
S Factor by Tigi is Sulfate Free (at least the shampoo is..I'm not sure on the conditioner though).

John Masters Organics is sulfate free and I've been wanting to try it for a long time. I've heard great things about it!
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
No to Pureology. Used to be awesome, sold out to L'Oreal.

So hard to find a good shampoo.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:50 am      Reply with quote
I tried Pureology a few years back and hated it. I tried 3 or 4 different formulas and they were all the same. It made my scalp really itchy, others have had the same comments but there are some that love it to.

I like Naked Naturals (you can find it drugstores like CVS) and Terax (you find this at sephora and ulta).
icyj
5% products discount

Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:02 am      Reply with quote
ORGANIX SHAMPOO!! It comes in a huge 13oz and at $6.99 its so cheap yet effective. It does lather up nicely also very nice scents they have! They also attatch this trial offer where they offer you to try the product for free with a mail in rebate thing.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:02 am      Reply with quote
I use Burt's Bees Very Voluminizing shampoo and like it a lot. I have thick hair but it's fine and straight, so I need a shampoo that gives it some volume. This shampoo does a good job of that. Here are the ingredients if you're interested:

Water, Decyl, Lauryl Glucosides (Natural Coconut Oil, Corn, Starch, Sugar Soap Blend), Coco Betaine (Coconut Oil Moisturizer), Honey, Coco Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate (Natural Sunflower, Coconut Oil Soap Blend), Soy Protein, Vegetable Glycerin, Sucrose Ester (Sugar Moisturizer), Betaine (Sugar Beet), Glucose Sugar, Fragrance, Pomegranate Extract, Moringa Seed Extract, Soy Amino Acids, Xanthan Gum (Natural Thickener), Citric Acid, Glucose Oxidase, Lactoperoxidase
Songbird
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:00 am      Reply with quote
WOW!! You ladies are awesome. I post a question, go to bed and wake up to all of these replies. THANK YOU so much for your help. I definitely have some options other than the Pureology now. I'll check out CVS today and see what they have. I'll post a review after I try a few.

Smile Again, thanks to all. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Giovanni hair products also do not contain sulfates. I've been using their "Smooth as silk" shampoo and I really like it! The price is nice as well I purchased my Shampoo from Target for about $8 dollars. Target also sells sample sizes which is nice.
Alien
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:39 am      Reply with quote
I like Eufora sold at salons and on web

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:45 am      Reply with quote
I would suggest Lavera shampoo, it has no sulfate. I believe any organic shampoo will be sulfate free.

5% products discount

Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
SkinCareJunkie wrote:
Giovanni hair products also do not contain sulfates. I've been using their "Smooth as silk" shampoo and I really like it! The price is nice as well I purchased my Shampoo from Target for about $8 dollars. Target also sells sample sizes which is nice.

Agree. I like their "smooth as silk" shampoo and conditioner too.

I also like Lush solid shampoo. They don't contain SLS. The "New" solid shampoo really make my scalp fresh and clean.
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
I use a brand of shampoo and conditioner which is available in boots in the UK it is called Naked and it's quite good, not brilliant but decent and affordable. It is made from 97% natural ingrediants and doesn't contain any sulfates or parabens.
oranges
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:59 am      Reply with quote
halcyon_zyq wrote:
SkinCareJunkie wrote:

I tried a sample of the smooth as silk shampoo and conditioner this weekend and I think I have found my HG hair products. My hair was so light bouncy soft and shiney.
myamax
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:01 am      Reply with quote
I recently purchased a shampoo and conditioner from Mastey which are sulfate free and am really enjoying both.

I especially like the Traite shampoo by Mastey - it is for normal to dry hair (mine is normal and it works well, am having no oily issues) and it does lather up so it still seems like I am using a 'regular' shampoo.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
Songbird wrote:
WOW!! You ladies are awesome. I post a question, go to bed and wake up to all of these replies. THANK YOU so much for your help. I definitely have some options other than the Pureology now. I'll check out CVS today and see what they have. I'll post a review after I try a few.

Smile Again, thanks to all. Smile

What did you end up trying, Songbird?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
I just recieved an order of Aubrey organics shampoo blue camomile - reasonable cost - purchased from Iherb and sulfate-free. I'll let y'all know how it works out.

5% products discount

Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:04 am      Reply with quote
I cannot recommend Organix. I bought the Shea Butter shampoo and conditioner recently. Yuck I used it once and then put the shampoo in the laundry to use for hand washing and threw out the conditioner.

I actually bought it for my daughter as she was using my Kerastase products and she really uses a lot of product. She said she loved the smell of the Organix but i noticed that her hair looked quite dull and dry after using it. So I trialled it for myself and it felt terrible. I could barely get my fingers through my hair after washing with this. The conditioner didn't do much to rectify that. I didn't dare try to comb it through like I normally would in case i pulled all my hair out.

So unless your hair does not need any moisture I would leave this one alone.
Songbird
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:00 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
What did you end up trying, Songbird?

Well I've only tried one so far. I found it at CVS. It's called "Naked Naturals" with Awapuhi & Lavender. It's not bad, nice scent and works through the hair pretty well. The conditioner isn't bad either, but I'm still on the search for something better. My hair is just so lifeless and I need to do so much to it to get it looking good. I have fine dry hair, oily/itchy scalp, and considerable thinning over the past 6 mos. (due to stress I'm sure).

Anyway, I have ordered Giovanni so I'll post a review once I try that one out. Thanks for all the suggestions.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:04 am      Reply with quote
halcyon_zyq wrote:
SkinCareJunkie wrote:

I also like Lush solid shampoo. They don't contain SLS. The "New" solid shampoo really make my scalp fresh and clean.

Last time I bought Lush solid shampoo they has sulphates in them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:38 am      Reply with quote
I like the Burts Bees Pomegranate Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:34 am      Reply with quote
Giovanni makes wonderful clean sulfate free shampoo's. I get them at my health food store and they are sold in the bulk containers so I can buy a little or a lot. It's a great way to sample them. If you are in the USA, check your large health food grocer.

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
catsull
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:25 am      Reply with quote
I use BedHead's Superstar & absolutely love it. I try to wait until Ulta has it on sale for the big bottles. I'll have to check out Amazon based on one of the comments above. It's very easy on my color, which is a good thing & helps with my limp hair too.

I got some "travel" sizes of 2 different Pureology shampoos - absolutely hated both of them. They smelled terrible & did awful things to my hair.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |