Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Illamasqua Cosmetics - anyone tried them yet?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BellaKai
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
Sephora just started carrying this line. Some of the products look really beautiful. I was wondering if anyone has tried this line yet, and if so, what did you try and did you like it? I'm tempted to buy something from the line.
cacipony
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:03 am      Reply with quote
hey, i hv heard good reviews abt this brand. you should check out youtube, cause there are gurus who do reviews on their pdt. i heard the makeup is very pigmented especially the eyeshadows and lip pdts.

never tried this pdt cause sadly im in Aussie!

definitely check out youtube!!
iregal
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:22 am      Reply with quote
The advertising i have seen for it is extremely dramatic so that was a bit offputting for me. Its an Italian brand right? i hadn't heard of it before it came to a store nearby.
BellaKai
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
I remember first hearing about them when Lollipop26 on youtube did a review on their cosmetics. They sent her a bunch of free stuff before they launched their product and she gave everything good reviews (But I'm guessing that was an agreement they worked out.

I'm not sure if they are an Italian line or not, but I'm pretty sure the line revolves around the Arabic makeup which is very dramatic. When it's done right, Arabic makeup is very beautiful though. I'm not a fan of all the bright/funky colors for me personally though.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know about their other makeup, but I'm really thrilled with one of their nail polish shades (DWS). It's a creme cement gray, and I just ordered it online a few days ago. Will report back, but I did notice when I tried it on in the store that the formulation held up with no chipping/flaking.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
DuckDuck
5% products discount

Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
I usually go for the natural, barely there look, so I didn't like this brand. They are really dramatic and highly pigmented. I think it would be good for people in theatre, but for everyday use it's a bust. Although, the colors blend really nice. Also some of the colours don't look good with my medium-olive skin tone. The blushers are really bright too, so go easy on them.

All in all, if you like the dramatic look, with lots of pop and colour, similar to MAC eyeshadows. Although, I find blending better with these, then go for it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
It's actually a UK brand!! It was developed as on-screen and on-stage makeup.

http://www.illamasqua.com/

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:42 am      Reply with quote
I went to their counter recently and wanted to try their liquid foundation. The SA put some primer on first and followed with foundation. Unfortunately she used far too much foundation so i couldn't quite tell if i liked it or not. The colour was ok and foundation seemed more pigmented than others. The prices were good though, below mac etc i thought. I need to go back and try a smaller amount to see how it looks.
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:23 am      Reply with quote
I've only tried their cream blushes - and they are creamy, go on quite lovely, and blend very well...but blend you must as they are very highly pigmented, but worth the effort! Especially now that the colder weather is coming, I like using cream blushes as opposed to powder, and their color selection is really quite pretty.

Maria Very Happy

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |