Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

what are everyone's tips for stressed out skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SnowWhite
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:05 am      Reply with quote
I don't know about you guys but my skin is all stressed out from too much sun lately and not enough sleep! Fitness has a great article about summer skin rehab this month -- here's the link if anyone is interested.

What are your tips/tricks for reviving skin after summer?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Whenever my skin is red, irritated or stressed out, I take a break from all my skin care products and only use Emu oil. It seems to really help my skin get through that phase of looking horrible from something going awry!! Laughing
Also, I just started using an MSM cream....seems to deal with inflammation very well as I just had an irritation phase from my first attempt at a facial scrub. Scrubbed just a bit too much and the MSM was very soothing to my skin.

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Aloe vera gel and Avene spray Very Happy
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Lots of sleep, lots of water with lemon/cranberry juice, eating lots of fish ( or take fish oil capsules). As far as the skincare goes, I stop using all actives and just use hydrosols, oils or some organic serum and sunscreen.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:47 am      Reply with quote
I usually use jojoba oil and try to get some sleep.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
I drink lots of water, green tea, get plenty of rest, and I like to use my facial steamer and do a mask (like the good old Queen Helene's Mint Julip mask).
puzzle
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:03 am      Reply with quote
Base Formula Aloe vera gel
Atorrege AD+ spray
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:50 am      Reply with quote
I love to use the sea kelp bioferment as a mask. It works great for soothing my skin. I actually don't like using it as an ingredient in DIY products because it doesn't seem to dissolve completely and because of it's mask-like effect.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:57 am      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
Also, I just started using an MSM cream....seems to deal with inflammation very well as I just had an irritation phase from my first attempt at a facial scrub. Scrubbed just a bit too much and the MSM was very soothing to my skin.

Bren, which MSM cream are you using?
Thx! R.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:13 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Born Again MSM which you can see here:

http://www.atlastnaturals.com/msm.htm

I really like how it goes on and how it makes my skin feel...it has sort of a mattifying effect on me and very soothing. You can get it at Vitacost for about $5...very reasonable.

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
SnowWhite
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
BellaKai wrote:
I drink lots of water, green tea, get plenty of rest, and I like to use my facial steamer and do a mask (like the good old Queen Helene's Mint Julip mask).

How do you like the mint julep mask? Good?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:21 am      Reply with quote
rosehip oil with sandlewood essential oil may of some help. Also, enough sleep is important. Nutrition is another way to supplement the skin health.
tomorrow
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
This regime works for me. Drink water consistently throughout the day even if I am not feeling thirsty. Beauty sleep of at least 8 hours and weekly hydrating mask application.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:43 am      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:

I really like how it goes on and how it makes my skin feel...it has sort of a mattifying effect on me and very soothing. You can get it at Vitacost for about $5...very reasonable.

Bren, just noticed your post - thanks! I wonder if MSM cream would be good for eczema? I see that the one you use has Calendula in it, which I think is very soothing for dry, itchy skin, but I'm not sure about other ingredients.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:07 am      Reply with quote
With all my reading on MSM cream, supposedly many have used the cream for eczema with much success.

Myself, I figured if it works so well for me internally, I would give it a go topically and see what happens...so far so good.

Mabsy

Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:40 am      Reply with quote
I second the water suggestion - I see a very significant difference when I'm vigilant about drinking water (usually warm with lemon and honey). One product that works wonders when my skin is stressed (but not at other times, oddly) is Creme De La Mer. Other than that, I would do regular face steams and masks, and invest in a good vitamin C serum.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Another vote for La Mer creme, it has nothing special when everything is on track, but when you don't feel good, it will help~
However,I would say good sleep and healthy diet do a more amazing job for the stressed skin, and don't forget relax your self with some music, keep the computer,tv and work at bay, eat more fruit and water, avoid coffee and black tea, you will see the difference...
semolinapilchard
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
i also use an msm cream which always feels good and makes skin immediately feel a little tauter, as well. also, aloe, of course- just the clear gel- is always soothing.
avogrape
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Breath Of Fresh Air by Lush which has soothing Aloe Vera and Sea Water.

Karin Herzog Oxygen & Rose can feed your skin with oxygen and comforting rose.
Bluewave
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
1) Drink lots of water
2) Sleep early
3) Mask your face or sleep with sliced cucumbers on your face occasionally. It gives a glow to your face and you wake up having your face really soft.
tinali0202
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:36 am      Reply with quote
try to sleep early and get the massage cream and deep hydrating mask. gonna be fine after a few days.

by the way ,put the mask in the fridge,,,it is better
saisai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:07 am      Reply with quote
I always have Avene mask for sensitive skin at hand. It works when my skin is stressed.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:22 am      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:

Thanks for mentioning this product. I order my vitamins from Vitacost, I will probably order this cream next time.
Have you ever tried the cleansing bar? I dont remember the last time I used a bar of soap of my face but hey I may get the soap too.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:24 am      Reply with quote
I use SkinCeutical hydrating B5 Mask. Sometimes I have to travel alot for work and my skin always gets dry and irritated. This mask really helps sooth it. I use it nightly when traveling otherwise I normally use it 1x a week.
havana8

Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Greenridge Organics Chamomile Rose Face Creme is another good one for dry, irritated, stressed or inflamed skin.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |