Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
DIY eye cream causing wrinkles? Help!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Flossie30
5% products discount

Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:26 am      Reply with quote
Hello! I'm new to posting here, though I've been reading the forum for a while now.

I'm only 30, but I've been noticing the beginnings of crow's feet and laugh lines under my eyes. I'm really interested in DIY skin care, so I've been reading the recipes here and mixing my own C serum and eye cream. I've only used the eye cream twice now (with 7 days in between), but both times I've awakened to what looks like even more lines! (In places I never had lines before--my eyelids, the area between my eyes . . .) It's a pretty simple cream: GOW base cream, a little SKB, a tiny pinch of green tea and a drop or two of Skin Actives antioxidant booster. Any ideas on what would make me wake up with even deeper lines after using this?

If not, does anyone have recommendations for another DIY eye cream/serum? I don't want these fine lines around and below my eyes to get any deeper.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Flossie30 wrote:
Hello! I'm new to posting here, though I've been reading the forum for a while now.

I'm only 30, but I've been noticing the beginnings of crow's feet and laugh lines under my eyes. I'm really interested in DIY skin care, so I've been reading the recipes here and mixing my own C serum and eye cream. I've only used the eye cream twice now (with 7 days in between), but both times I've awakened to what looks like even more lines! (In places I never had lines before--my eyelids, the area between my eyes . . .) It's a pretty simple cream: GOW base cream, a little SKB, a tiny pinch of green tea and a drop or two of Skin Actives antioxidant booster. Any ideas on what would make me wake up with even deeper lines after using this?

If not, does anyone have recommendations for another DIY eye cream/serum? I don't want these fine lines around and below my eyes to get any deeper.

Maybe something in one of the ingredients is not agreeing with your skin? Or, maybe you need a more moisturizing formula?
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Which GOW base are you using (classic, veg or waxless)? It does sound like the base is not moisturizing enough for your eye area.
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
Flossie30 there is a great DIY eye cream that has reduced the wrinkles in my under eyes

1 cc wheat protein
1 cc Cell-OX2
1 cc Eyeliss
1 cc cucumber extract
1 cc green tea extract
1 cc emu oil
10 drops Pepha tight
1 tsp Sea Kelp Bioferment
1 tsp glycerin
1 cc Hyaluronic Acid
2 tsp Essential Wholesale Eye cream base

5% products discount

Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, I wonder if I'm reacting to one of the ingredients, although I haven't reacted to other products before. But this is the first time I've used SKB, so I'm wondering if maybe I've got a problem with that. Or the antioxidant booster; I got it as a little sample, and I don't really know what's in it (I should probably check).

It's the classic GOW base cream, I think. I like the ingredients, and it seems pretty heavy (which I thought would be good for the eyes).

That's quite a list of ingredients, Alley! I think I only have three of them. But I'm definitely willing to try something that works. I'll look into it.

Thanks!
Flossie30
5% products discount

Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Wait--where can you get Cell-Ox 2 and Eyeliss? Can you get them on their own? I've found a lot of information on Eyeliss, but can only find ready-made products that include it. As for Cell-Ox 2, what is it, exactly?

Thanks again!
Flossie30
5% products discount

Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, so I've figured out what Cell-Ox2 is--it seems to have the same ingredients as Regu-Age, which I've found at a few places. But I can't find Eyeliss; it even looks like it has been replaced with Regu-Age at one place (The Herbarie). So, are all these products basically the same?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
Flossie30 wrote:
Yeah, I wonder if I'm reacting to one of the ingredients, although I haven't reacted to other products before. But this is the first time I've used SKB, so I'm wondering if maybe I've got a problem with that. Or the antioxidant booster; I got it as a little sample, and I don't really know what's in it (I should probably check).

It's the classic GOW base cream, I think. I like the ingredients, and it seems pretty heavy (which I thought would be good for the eyes).

Hi Flossie, because your base cream is on the 'heavy' side, why don't you try applying it an hour or so before you go to bed. In fact just before going to bed, pat your face with a damp washcloth to get the useless SKB film that usually remains..(It can also be brushed away with a soft, dry, face brush.. I love SKB, but hate the film.)

From personal experience, if I apply any creams or oils immediately before going to bed, I wake up to a gargoyle in the morning.. Embarassed I have no problems when I allow that hour for absorption..

You could also benefit from a little Avocado Oil thrown into your cream.. It's wonderfully moisturizing.. A tiny bit goes a long way!

Welcome!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Flossie30
5% products discount

Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Thanks! I hadn't thought about the need to let it absorb. And yeah, I think maybe it's the SKB that's causing the wrinkle effect; maybe that film is the culprit? Those lines seem to disappear throughout the day. (I mean the new lines I wake up with--the ones under my eyes that I'm trying to treat are staying where they are!)

Avocado oil--does that cause breakouts in the breakout-prone? I just ordered some emu oil and hope it has similar properties. I'd like to try Alley's eye cream recipe above (which I believe is a version of one of yours, Kassy).

Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |