Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Stevia for wrinkles
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Linedancer wrote:
Thankyou Dark Moon I will look for it Thanks

Linedancer,

I went back through the thread and Riley posted that iherb carries it!

http://www.iherb.com/Default.aspx?gclid=CPGWhKbp458CFQli2godXRf_Fg

HTH
DM

Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi Dark Moon I went to the health food store and got some but it is clear and it does not look brown on will that do???
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Linedancer wrote:
Hi Dark Moon I went to the health food store and got some but it is clear and it does not look brown on will that do???

Linedancer,

I know some have used the clear liquid and even a mix of that and the powder with no complaints! I just think that the whole leaf gives full benefits of the plant, I found the same at my local health food store, I think it has a milder flavor so that's why it's easier to find!

HTH
DM Smile

Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:28 am      Reply with quote
The only thing that helps me in my wrinkles dramatically is the vitacremeb12 and i have repurchsed it with a blogshop in singapore: flowerspfpink AT blogspot DOT com. She sells it at a very affordable price even the competition worldwide. Wonder if its possible to add Stevia to my skincare regeime if I am using vitacremeb12?
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:37 am      Reply with quote
lemongrass12 wrote:
The only thing that helps me in my wrinkles dramatically is the vitacremeb12 and i have repurchsed it with a blogshop in singapore: flowerspfpink AT blogspot DOT com. She sells it at a very affordable price even the competition worldwide. Wonder if its possible to add Stevia to my skincare regeime if I am using vitacremeb12?

You use stevia as a mask. Leave it on for thirty minutes to an hour and then wash off. It's compatible with everything. Very Happy
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:06 am      Reply with quote
lemongrass12 wrote:

What does she charge for this? Can't seem to find her site.

TIA

Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:39 am      Reply with quote
Think I cant paste her link here, but you can email her at leowDOTjasmineATyahooDOTcom she is selling only at Sing dollars $52 a tube and she will send you the link.

DOT is . and AT is the symbole with a circle and letter 'a' inside, symbols in the normal email addys that you use. Cant seem to post any urls or email addy here. strange.

Think reservations for this cream has started, i just placed mine too Smile
Anyway, her blog is titled flowersofpink and she is with blogspot just piece the titleDOTblogspotDOTcom and thats her addy. hehehe

I will try stevia as a mask today!! BEAUTIFUL SKIN, here i comeeeeeee
KatieKins
5% products discount

Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:28 am      Reply with quote
The subject of Stevia masks has been discussed in depth on another forum. I think many people have been pleased with their results. I haven't tried it yet. CAUTION: if you are diabetic or have metabolic issues with different forms of sugar, talk to your doctor before using this stuff on your skin.

My first post!

KK Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:50 am      Reply with quote
KatieKins wrote:
The subject of Stevia masks has been discussed in depth on another forum. I think many people have been pleased with their results. I haven't tried it yet. CAUTION: if you are diabetic or have metabolic issues with different forms of sugar, talk to your doctor before using this stuff on your skin.

My first post!

KK Smile

From reading about Stevia I have seen it's recommended as a sweetener for diabetics and I have also seen that it's unavailable in the UK as there are concerns about it's use internally! My understanding was it's not an actual sugar? Can you elaborate? I am really curious about the possible negative effects that may be a concern with this?

TIA
DM Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Here is the reference I am reffering to that leads one to believe it's a good choice for those avoiding sugars and artificial sweetners.

DarkMoon wrote:
HEALTH BENEFITS OF STEVIA

The herb, Stevia rebaudiana, has been used for centuries by the Guarani Indians of Paraguay, who had several names for the plant, several of which are Kaa'-he-E, Caa'-ehe, or Ca-a-yupe- all. referring to the sweet leaf or honey leaf. It is commonly known in South America as yerba dulce meaning sweet herb. The Guarani used stevia nutritionally and medicinally.

The plant came to the attention of the rest of the world when South American naturalist, Bertoni, "discovered" the plant in the late 1800's. After his report,. the herb became widely used by herbalists in Paraguay.

Stevia's most obvious and notable characteristic is its sweet taste. However, the sweet taste is not due to carbohydrate-based molecules, but to several non-caloric molecules called glycosides. Individuals who cannot tolerate sugar or other sweeteners can use stevia. The first glycoside molecule was isolated from stevia in 1931 by two French chemists named Bridel and Lavieille and called stevioside.

During WW II, sugar shortages prompted England to begin investigation of stevia for use as a sweetener. Cultivation began under the direction of the Royal Botanical Gardens at Kew, but the project 'was abandoned in the aftermath of the war. Japan began cultivating stevia in hothouses in the 1950's. By the 1970's, Japan started using stevia commercially and today, they are the biggest users of the extract, which has captured 50% of Japan's sweetener industry.

Other aspects of stevia are capturing people's attention. The herb is sold in some South American countries to aid diabetics and hypoglycemics. Research has shown that a whole leaf concentrate has a regulating effect on the pancreas and helps stabilize blood sugar levels. Stevia is therefore useful to people with diabetes, hypoglycemia, and Candidiasis.

Other traditional uses of stevia are: lowers elevated blood pressure (hypertension), digestive aid that also reduces gas and stomach acidity, and for obesity. The herb acts as general tonic which increases energy levels and mental acuity.

Stevia has been shown to inhibit the growth and reproduction of bacteria that cause gum disease and tooth decay, making it an excellent addition to tooth pastes and mouthwashes. Many people have reported improvement in their oral health after adding stevia concentrate to their tooth paste and using it, diluted in water, as a daily mouthwash.

Stevia is useful in healing a number of skin problems. Whole stevia concentrates may be applied as a facial mask to soften and tighten the skin and smooth cut wrinkles. Smooth the dark liquid over the entire face, allowing it to dry for at least 30-60 minutes. A drop of concentrate may be applied directly to any blemish, acne outbreak, lip or mouth sore. Stevia concentrate is also effective when used on seborrhea, dermatitis, and eczema. Reportedly, cuts and scratches heal more rapidly when stevia concentrate is applied.

Stevia concentrate added to soap eliminates dandruff and other scalp problems and improves the health and luster of the hair, also helping to retain natural hair color.

Refined sugar consumption continues to rise in the United States. According to the Center for Science in the Public Interest (Nov. 1998), sugar consumption rose by 25 pounds since 1986 to 152 pounds per person per year (calculated from sugar production figures). Sugar displaces nutritive calories leading to numerous health problems and. obesity. A major factor contributing to this high rate is the widespread and continually growing habit of drinking sugar-laden soda pops.

This review of the therapeutic properties of stevia in no way constitutes an endorsement of such uses. Please consult a qualified physician before experimenting with this herb. At this time the FDA permits stevia to be sold only as a dietary supplement and in skin care products.

Stevia Extract

Stevia extract is a super-sweet, low-calorie dietary supplement that helps regulate blood sugar and supports the pancreas. It is valuable for anyone with diabetes and hypoglycemia.

It is a wonderful aid to weight loss and weight management because it contains no calories. In addition, research indicates that it significantly increases glucose tolerance and inhibits glucose absorption. People who ingest stevia daily often report a decrease in their desire for sweets and fatty foods. It may also improve digestion and gastrointestinal function, soothe upset stomachs, and help speed recovery from minor illnesses...

Stevia also inhibits the growth of some bacteria and infectious organisms, including those that cause tooth decay and gum disease. Many individuals using stevia have reported a lower incidence of colds and flu. Many who have used stevia as a mouthwash have experienced a significant decrease in gum disease.

When topically applied, it softens the skin and smooths out wrinkles while healing various skin blemishes, acne, seborrhea, dermatitis, and eczema. When used on cuts and wounds, it promotes rapid healing without scarring.

http://reid_j.tripod.com/stevia.htm

HTH
DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Lemongrass, I'm confused, on the Vitacream B-12 thread you said you had just found the cream because of all the raves on u-tube and had just ordered. On this thread on the same day you said that it was the only thing that helped your wrinkles? Have you been using it for a while, that is not what your post indicated. Just trying to clarify. LD
KatieKins
5% products discount

Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:25 am      Reply with quote
I believe it has some amounts of "fructoologiasaccharides" and people who cannot metabolize fructose well may have issue. Just recognize that we absorb things through our skin that can affect us systemically. I don't mean to scare anyone about this, really!

KK
KatieKins
5% products discount

Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:09 am      Reply with quote
UPDATE: For diabetics, I was incorrect. Dark Moon (I think?) posted very good information and I apologize for the error.

Sad
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:13 am      Reply with quote
KatieKins wrote:
UPDATE: For diabetics, I was incorrect. Dark Moon (I think?) posted very good information and I apologize for the error.

Sad

No problem KK the information out there is always changing on some things, I just wanted to be sure you hadn't come across anything new that is contradictory to what I found! Smile

DM
Smile

5% products discount

Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:53 am      Reply with quote
I'm a type 1 diabetic and have been using stevia for a lotta years. No effect in blood sugar levels.

Anyways, I am currantly loving NOW lemon twist stevia.
http://health-and-beauty.become.com/now-stevia-extract-liquid
Ingredients:vegetable glycerin, stevia extract,natural lemon extract,(in an ethanol base), natural lemon oil.

This stuff is great in water and tea. I've never heard of it for skincare. Gonna try it on my face tomorrow.

I wonder in this would work in a DIY C serum in place of regular glycerin?

I'm in the process of ordering the supplies for making my own c, so figured I'd ask.

This is such a great site for learning new things.
kate
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

would stevia be ok to use over fake tan ? It's just someone mentioned earlier that it may have slight exfoliation properties - so I was concerned it may make a fake tan flake off ?

thanks

Jackie xx
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:02 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
According to this sight it can be added moisturizers shampoo ect.
http://www.stevia.ws/en/all-about-stevia/applications.html Razz

This may help with using Stevia in a DIY concoction it does say it can be added to moisturizers, shampoos, conditioners ect.

HTH
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:07 am      Reply with quote
KatieKins wrote:

Sad

KK,

Was it Splenda you were thinking of? My oldest daughter has a friend who is a diabetic and landed in the ER from using Splenda, my understanding it does cause the same issues of high blood sugar levels as regular sugars. BTW her friend is fine but had quite a fright!

DM Smile

5% products discount

Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
I'm such a dork, YES, it was Splenda that was the problem. My neighbor and I had a miscommunication, as we had been talking about both sweeteners. Ug.... Thanks for getting to the bottom of my mistake. Smile

KK
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
KatieKins wrote:
I'm such a dork, YES, it was Splenda that was the problem. My neighbor and I had a miscommunication, as we had been talking about both sweeteners. Ug.... Thanks for getting to the bottom of my mistake. Smile

KK

No problem KK I just figured that the names sound somewhat similar and knowing that diabetics have had problems with Splenda it was a possibility! You are not a dork at all! I have my fair share of boo boo's floating around the forum Smile Glad it's all straight!

DM Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:49 am      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi everyone,

would stevia be ok to use over fake tan ? It's just someone mentioned earlier that it may have slight exfoliation properties - so I was concerned it may make a fake tan flake off ?

thanks

Jackie xx

Jackie,

I think if you lay a wet cloth over your face and loosen the stevia when you're ready to wash it off, you will be ok, rather than just rubbing and rubbing your face trying to get it off. I use the stevia wholeleaf which is brown in color and my face actually looks like it has a fake tan after I wipe it off. Very Happy
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:14 am      Reply with quote
I am so glad you answered that Skippie I haven't ordered the whole leaf still I only found clear at my health food store and you know how that goes once it's in the hand it's hard not to buy it! You are the one that brought this to our attention to begin with as I recall! Smile

Thanks!
DM Smile

Skippie wrote:
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi everyone,

thanks

Jackie xx

Jackie,

I think if you lay a wet cloth over your face and loosen the stevia when you're ready to wash it off, you will be ok, rather than just rubbing and rubbing your face trying to get it off. I use the stevia wholeleaf which is brown in color and my face actually looks like it has a fake tan after I wipe it off. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

thanks for the replies. I have the clear one, is this just as effective as the darker one ?

thanks

Jackie xx
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:59 am      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi everyone,

thanks for the replies. I have the clear one, is this just as effective as the darker one ?

thanks

Jackie xx

Jackie,

I've never used the clear, so I really can't answer that. I bought the dark one because it was recommended when I was reading up on stevia. It gets very tight on my face. Maybe someone who has used the clear can tell you if they think it's effective.
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I have used stevia a couple of times now and noticed it does leave the skin feeling soft. I was just wondering though how long the effects last ? and are there any cumulative effects ?

thanks

Jackie xx
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |