Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Stevia for wrinkles
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
I have used a stevia mask now for 3 days in a row and I really like it. My skin is soft as a baby's bottom and each day that I have used it I have seen increase improvements. I do not think it is long lasting but it is so nice for a night out or special occasion!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
Starlight,

I put a thin coat all over my face and neck and then I go back and put an extra dab on trouble spots (such as lip lines).

Hi Skip, I was wondering if you were able to stick out the month long challenge, and if so was it worth it?

Do you find the concentrate smelling much like strong green tea? I thought I had opened the wrong bottle when I got a whiff... Confused

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
We will have to wait on skippie's answer but I found it very strong smelling and difficult to use because of the strong smell. Although that has not stopped me from using it. Amazing what we will tolerate for the sake of beauty!
Mireillie

Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a long time lurker, but this topic has drawn me out of lurking.

Using Stevia extract does a very nice job temporarily tightening my skin (I'm 38, and my husband says this takes off 5-7 years when I use this). If I were able to commit to anything long term, I would definitely try this mask for 30 days. However, I have one important caveat: you must thoroughly rinse out/wash any washcloths you use to remove it before you put them in the wash, otherwise it will stain the heck out of anything light that's being washed with it. Or, if you don't mind weirdly discolored washcloths, wash them in a load of their own.

Perhaps I'm using too much, or maybe it's my brand of Stevia, but it definitely stained other items in my laundry.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
Mireillie,

Thanks for the heads up on that, I am planning on giving it a shot. It is good to be forewarned. I don't want to risk staining anything else with it. Very Happy

DM

BTW Welcome to the forum!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:03 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Hi Skip, I was wondering if you were able to stick out the month long challenge, and if so was it worth it?

I stopped using the stevia once I started my LED treatments. It just took too much time to do both, and I was looking for the treatment that gave me more results. Once I stop using the LED everyday, I will start back with the stevia. I loved using it as a mask. Unlike some fragrances which give me a headache, I didn't have a problem with the smell. It definitely is the best temporary tightener I've ever used.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Skippie,
Thanks I want to give it a try if I ever get to my health food store! Good to know the odor isn't a problem! I have to get out and get some!
Very Happy
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
I do believe this Stevia has significant exfoliation properties... Every time I use it in the A.M., I feel a significant stinging when I apply my C serum... (I seldom feel the sting otherwise, unless I've used NCN's pumpkin peel.)

I like the Stevia mask, but really haven't noticed a *tightening* effect.. Sad

Oh, just an FYI for other users; be careful around the eye area and don't apply too thickly.. For me anyway, it seemed to make the undereye skin a bit looser and not as springy as usual.. (I'm an old geezer though, and things are slowing down.. Embarassed Laughing )

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
Can we do a DIY version for this?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
HEALTH BENEFITS OF STEVIA

The herb, Stevia rebaudiana, has been used for centuries by the Guarani Indians of Paraguay, who had several names for the plant, several of which are Kaa'-he-E, Caa'-ehe, or Ca-a-yupe- all. referring to the sweet leaf or honey leaf. It is commonly known in South America as yerba dulce meaning sweet herb. The Guarani used stevia nutritionally and medicinally.

The plant came to the attention of the rest of the world when South American naturalist, Bertoni, "discovered" the plant in the late 1800's. After his report,. the herb became widely used by herbalists in Paraguay.

Stevia's most obvious and notable characteristic is its sweet taste. However, the sweet taste is not due to carbohydrate-based molecules, but to several non-caloric molecules called glycosides. Individuals who cannot tolerate sugar or other sweeteners can use stevia. The first glycoside molecule was isolated from stevia in 1931 by two French chemists named Bridel and Lavieille and called stevioside.

During WW II, sugar shortages prompted England to begin investigation of stevia for use as a sweetener. Cultivation began under the direction of the Royal Botanical Gardens at Kew, but the project 'was abandoned in the aftermath of the war. Japan began cultivating stevia in hothouses in the 1950's. By the 1970's, Japan started using stevia commercially and today, they are the biggest users of the extract, which has captured 50% of Japan's sweetener industry.

Other aspects of stevia are capturing people's attention. The herb is sold in some South American countries to aid diabetics and hypoglycemics. Research has shown that a whole leaf concentrate has a regulating effect on the pancreas and helps stabilize blood sugar levels. Stevia is therefore useful to people with diabetes, hypoglycemia, and Candidiasis.

Other traditional uses of stevia are: lowers elevated blood pressure (hypertension), digestive aid that also reduces gas and stomach acidity, and for obesity. The herb acts as general tonic which increases energy levels and mental acuity.

Stevia has been shown to inhibit the growth and reproduction of bacteria that cause gum disease and tooth decay, making it an excellent addition to tooth pastes and mouthwashes. Many people have reported improvement in their oral health after adding stevia concentrate to their tooth paste and using it, diluted in water, as a daily mouthwash.

Stevia is useful in healing a number of skin problems. Whole stevia concentrates may be applied as a facial mask to soften and tighten the skin and smooth cut wrinkles. Smooth the dark liquid over the entire face, allowing it to dry for at least 30-60 minutes. A drop of concentrate may be applied directly to any blemish, acne outbreak, lip or mouth sore. Stevia concentrate is also effective when used on seborrhea, dermatitis, and eczema. Reportedly, cuts and scratches heal more rapidly when stevia concentrate is applied.

Stevia concentrate added to soap eliminates dandruff and other scalp problems and improves the health and luster of the hair, also helping to retain natural hair color.

Refined sugar consumption continues to rise in the United States. According to the Center for Science in the Public Interest (Nov. 1998), sugar consumption rose by 25 pounds since 1986 to 152 pounds per person per year (calculated from sugar production figures). Sugar displaces nutritive calories leading to numerous health problems and. obesity. A major factor contributing to this high rate is the widespread and continually growing habit of drinking sugar-laden soda pops.

This review of the therapeutic properties of stevia in no way constitutes an endorsement of such uses. Please consult a qualified physician before experimenting with this herb. At this time the FDA permits stevia to be sold only as a dietary supplement and in skin care products.

Stevia Extract

Stevia extract is a super-sweet, low-calorie dietary supplement that helps regulate blood sugar and supports the pancreas. It is valuable for anyone with diabetes and hypoglycemia.

It is a wonderful aid to weight loss and weight management because it contains no calories. In addition, research indicates that it significantly increases glucose tolerance and inhibits glucose absorption. People who ingest stevia daily often report a decrease in their desire for sweets and fatty foods. It may also improve digestion and gastrointestinal function, soothe upset stomachs, and help speed recovery from minor illnesses...

Stevia also inhibits the growth of some bacteria and infectious organisms, including those that cause tooth decay and gum disease. Many individuals using stevia have reported a lower incidence of colds and flu. Many who have used stevia as a mouthwash have experienced a significant decrease in gum disease.

When topically applied, it softens the skin and smooths out wrinkles while healing various skin blemishes, acne, seborrhea, dermatitis, and eczema. When used on cuts and wounds, it promotes rapid healing without scarring.

http://reid_j.tripod.com/stevia.htm

HTH
DM

Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone have any updates on their Stevia face mask experience? I've just received mine today and am hoping for good results for my New Year's Eve wedding.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:55 am      Reply with quote
Welcome, Cindylou,

I haven't done the stevia mask in awhile, because I've had too many other experiments going. But you've reminded me that I need to get back to doing them a couple of times a week. I miss the really tight feel I had after using the mask. I also think that they gave me a bit of a glow which I haven't received from the use of any other product. That might have been from the exfoliation that Kassy mentioned.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.
Cindylou

Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply Skippie. I'm on my second day of using now - didn't really notice anything yesterday. I'm hoping it will work to tighten up a few wrinkles!! (Aren't we all?!) I'll keep you guys posted and thanks again for the reply!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Welcome Cindy!

Here's my update; I only find the time to use it a time or two per week, and of course it really isn't enough to see the cumulative results of using it daily.. Haven't noticed tightening, and don't really have wrinkles, but I'd say that I definitely see an additional *glowy* look for a day or two following the mask..

If nothing else, it's a great me time excuse to indulge and relax... And a lick here and there is a *sweet* surprise.. Laughing

Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:50 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Welcome Cindy!

Here's my update; I only find the time to use it a time or two per week, and of course it really isn't enough to see the cumulative results of using it daily.. Haven't noticed tightening, and don't really have wrinkles, but I'd say that I definitely see an additional *glowy* look for a day or two following the mask..

If nothing else, it's a great me time excuse to indulge and relax... And a lick here and there is a *sweet* surprise.. Laughing

Very Happy Very Happy

I just love using products that are safe if I accidentally swallow them.

I used the stevia mask the other day followed by a lotion mask and couldn't believe how my skin glowed. I'm going to stop using the LED everyday and on the days off, use the stevia mask. I really, really like what it does for my skin, even though it's temporary.
Cindylou

Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:56 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone have before and after pics? Do you all only notice a "glow" of your skin? No tightening or wrinkle reduction?
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Cindylou wrote:
Does anyone have before and after pics? Do you all only notice a "glow" of your skin? No tightening or wrinkle reduction?

I'll try to take some next time I use it, Cindylou, and PM them to you. I certainly feel the tightening and I do think there's a temporary wrinkle reduction which gets better over time.
Cindylou

Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:39 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for being so helpful everyone!
Jouke
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
Do I understand correctly that you apply the liquid on your face without mixing it with anything else?
If so, how do you apply it? Would a paintbrush do?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
The article I read said that liquid can be added to the powder to make a facial mask, and that liquid extracts can be applied directly to the skin. Here's a link to the article:

http://www.nutraceutical.com/educate/pdf/stevia.pdf

I think this should answer the question
of how to use it, just put it on for 30-60
minutes and rinse it off, from earlier in the thread.

HTH
DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Dark Moon, I will try it!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Jouke,
No problem I know digging through the whole thread can be confusing! I remembered the post was earlier in the thread. Glad I could help! Very Happy
DM

Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi 5this is my first time, I have been checking out Stevia and there are all kinds and flavours so what kind do I buy for my face?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
Just purchased some. There were several brands, most of them had other ingredients besides water and some had alcohol. I bought SweetLeaf whole leaf stevia concentrate with distilled water the only additive. It's very dark in color. It cost me $16 for 2 oz. at our local health food store. Love finding it locally so I can support our economy plus no shipping (although that is added into the price) but better yet, no waiting.

I think this is what most are using, I only found the clear at my local health food store, but you can find the Whole Leaf online if not locally!
BTW WELCOME!

HTH
DM

Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Thankyou Dark Moon I will look for it Thanks
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |