Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Carole Maggio Facercise
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
JaniceC.
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:33 am      Reply with quote
Jackie, if you google "faceworks youtube" a free one pops up. I've been doing this one on the days when my jaw muscles are just too painful to do the scooping, or when the popping and cracking is too much. Or my face is too locked to create the proper movement with the mouth corners. I feel it in the same area as the CM jaw strengthener, and it seems to work well for me. One good days, I do both.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:28 am      Reply with quote
There is another one on Lea Eigard's site that I use, as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:02 am      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
thanks for your replies girls.

This hollow cheek area does seem to be a problem area for me. For example, eating poorly, feeling unwell etc all show up in my cheeks, and I have a narrow face to begin with,

Jackie xx

I know what you mean Jackie. Keep up the rountine though and try to do less scoops and then hold for a count of thirty (30) to feel the burn along the jawline. (Always remember to scoop with your mouth corners and NOT your jaw hinge so as to not exacerbate your TMJ.) Performing this exercise, you should be begin to notice that you are building muscle along the jawline, specifically from the jaw hinge area to about mid jaw. I feel that area on my face built up in thickness and therefore, corrected & lifted any sag I'd begun to see. I'm really hoping that something other than weight gain can add fullness to that cheek hollow area on my face. Perhaps there is something new on her new DVD! Best wishes, Aprile
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Aprile - Is the scooping one the one you do with your hand on the wall? I'm getting my exercises a little confused? Thanks for helping all of us so much.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Aprile - Is the scooping one the one you do with your hand on the wall? I'm getting my exercises a little confused? Thanks for helping all of us so much.

Sister ~ No problem. That is one variation of the exercise. It actually provides more resitance. You sit cross legged on the floor facing a wall, and each time you scoop with your mouth corners (mouth corners pulled in towards your back teeth, upper lip pulled down tight against your teeth), you will rock back on your hips and push off away from the wall with one hand. You also place your index finger on your chin for even more resistance. So it's scoop, chin up, scoop chin up (about 10 scoops with your mouth corners) and then on the tenth scoop you should feel the burn. Your chin is now facing the ceiling, pull your shoulders down and back and face your chin towards the wall. Now hold for a count of 30. To me, I feel placing my index finger on my chin stabilizes my jaw more, as I also suffer from TMJ. HTH, Aprile
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi girls,

thanks for your advice. You know what, I think I may have been doing it slightly wrong! I seemed to be pulling my lower lip over my teeth and back too tightly, and not enough with the top lip (this is because my top lip has filler in it, didn't want to cause it to dissipitate faster).

I noticed when I pulled the top lip down more, the pull in the risorius eased a great deal, and I could feel more of a burn in the jaw line. Hopefully this will make a difference,

thanks again

Jackie xxs
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi girls,

thanks for your advice. You know what, I think I may have been doing it slightly wrong! I seemed to be pulling my lower lip over my teeth and back too tightly, and not enough with the top lip (this is because my top lip has filler in it, didn't want to cause it to dissipitate faster). I noticed when I pulled the top lip down more, the pull in the risorius eased a great deal, and I could feel more of a burn in the jaw line. Hopefully this will make a difference, thanks again. Jackie xxs

Hi Jackie,

I tried performing the exercise, the way described, and I too noticed I was feeling the burn more in the risorius area. So now we know that technique is a very important component of the program. It affects where we feel the lactic acid burn and also it affects our results! I had been doing one of the exercises incorrectly for quite a until until I met and trained with Carole in person. Was wondering all along why I hadn't noticed the results I so sought, and therein lied my answer. Best, Aprile Laughing
Anika Polka
5% products discount

Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hello there, I am new to this forum and I had a question about Facercise ; when she says one should do each exercise twice a day, does that mean to do them two times in a row, or do them for instance once in the morning and then once in the evening ? I'm sorry about my English I am not an anglophone !
JaniceC.
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
One set A.M., one set P.M. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
For some reason, I've found that for the jaw strengthening exercise, using Eigard's resistance method w/Maggio's technique helps me to better stabilize my jaw and I've been getting better results.

5% products discount

Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you JaniceC. !
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
Anika ~ I once asked Carole this same question. If you are pressed for time and have time to do two sets only in the AM or only in the PM ~ it's okay to do the two sets in a row. The most important thing is to remember to blow out with the the lips together (as though you were blowing bubbles like a kid in a bath tub). This releases the lactic acid and relaxes the face. HTH, Aprile Smile
JaniceC.
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Aprile, that is good to hear (about being able to get them done all at once). Plus, I incorporate them like she says in just everyday activities (cooking, etc., working on the computer--I'm not around a lot of people and can pretty much do what I want, so no one looks at me funny, lol). But as far as the whole routine, it is easier for me to get them all done in the A.M. in the same time slot allocated to the day as my regular exercise program. Thanks for that information. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi Janice,

Yes you can incorporate them into your daily routine by doing some of them while driving (at stoplights) or while working on the computer, etc. But, it is good to sit down or lie down and perform the entire routine though, as that allows you more concentration and you can use your feet or hands for more resistance (such as pushing off against the wall, etc.) as Carole recommends in her Advanced DVD. I can't wait until the new DVD comes out with the new exercises though. Eight mins. a day or 16 if you do it twice a day isn't too much time to invest to really see some fantastic results!! All the best, Aprile Smile
JaniceC.
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:22 am      Reply with quote
OK, that clears it up, then.
I've got the advanced DVD, but I do not do the wall resistance--certain movements are detrimental to my illness because they tighten up the muscles too much. My exercise program is tailored to release the muscle tension, so I don't want to push it. But, then I'm not doing it for cosmetic reasons, so the regular routine I'll just continue to do periodically through the day and the whole routine sitting/lying 2X per day. It has really helped to release the PFMS tension in my face. Thanks for the clear-up!

5% products discount

Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:55 am      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
Anika ~ I once asked Carole this same question. If you are pressed for time and have time to do two sets only in the AM or only in the PM ~ it's okay to do the two sets in a row. The most important thing is to remember to blow out with the the lips together (as though you were blowing bubbles like a kid in a bath tub). This releases the lactic acid and relaxes the face. HTH, Aprile Smile

Yes Aprile it did help thank you !! Also do you think it would be any good doing the nose shortener exercise three times a day just like the eye enhancer one ?
JaniceC.
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Just as an update: I plan on letting Ms. Maggio know the relief I have experienced from the fibromyalgia tension in my face, as well as relief from the associated TMJ (this is a bit different from normal TMJ) and the migraines caused from the tension. I recently received a response to my email question, and thought she might be interested. Anything to help anyone else with some of the pain and discomfort that comes along with this condition!
Since the FMS/CFS/MCS were the cause of the eye pouches (sleep disorders and debilitating allergies are quite common with both MCS and FMS syndromes) I am very, very pleased that this, in particular, was the first thing I noticed being helped. A painful situation that I can now control! Plus, I can now actually eat a meal or talk without the pain I was experiencing.
I feel that facial exercise, whichever method one chooses, can be beneficial in so many more ways than cosmetic! In the event anyone else out there has the same health situation I do, I wanted to post this on this particular board--it would be the first one found in a search.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:29 am      Reply with quote
I just let her know. Aprile, she suggested I go to your site to find out how to post a testimony...what is that site address again?
I doubt many drs. would believe my experience with facial exercise and FMS tension relief, but I will report it to my RA in February--he tends to listen to me because of my husband being a medical research scientist and where he works.
Granted, I have had to modify some of the exercises (I did tell Ms. Maggio this), as certain forms of resistance cause too much pain to make the exercise effective. But, I am very faithful with doing them.
I do hope someone else can be helped by my experience. This is not medical advice: I am NOT a physician. It is purely anecdotal. But, as anyone with this illness can tell you, we will do almost anything to help with some of our symptoms.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:16 am      Reply with quote
JaniceC. wrote:
I just let her know. Aprile, she suggested I go to your site to find out how to post a testimony...what is that site address again?

Hi Janice,

What is FMS ~ is it a form of fibromyalgia? You can go to my blog and post a response or comment on any of my posts at http://aprilevesblog.blogspot.com (you may need to cut and paste into the browser). I am so happy for you that you've been able to find relief. Others like myself, have found relief from TMJ pain. I never felt relief from physical therapy for my TMJ. BTW, there's nothing wrong with modifying ~ as not one of us are created exactly alike! Best wishes for your continued relief & in the process creating and maintaining a more youthful face! Best, Aprile
JaniceC.
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:27 am      Reply with quote
FMS is just short for Fibromyalgia Syndrome. I have PFMS--Primary FMS--which just means that no known illness or accident preceded the onset of the illness. I also fall outside the "normal" typical PFMS sufferer, which ruled out several other causes. Moderate exercise is recommended (although it has to be tailored to fit the symptoms), so I figured I would experiment on myself for the pain I have in my face, too--not all FMS patients have this pain, but it is not uncommon, either. Cosmetic at this point, of course, being the least of my worries, although my skin is tighter, which I just consider a nice side effect of what I am doing as my own form of therapy. I am trying to somehow get into a "remission" period that lasts more than a few days. I will post on your site as Ms. Maggio suggested. I also posted it on my FMS site. Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Anika Polka wrote:
aprile wrote:

Yes Aprile it did help thank you !! Also do you think it would be any good doing the nose shortener exercise three times a day just like the eye enhancer one ?

Hi Anika ~ I don't think it would hurt with the nose exercise and I say this mainly because the nose is comprised of a lot of cartilage. However, I'd say that most of the exercises should only be performed 2x a day AT MOST. Proper form is most important as well also consistency. AND like I said, releasing the lactic acid between exercises to relax the face. This also helps to avoid stripping down the muscles of the face. Overdoing the routine or any facial exercise program for that matter ~ could strip down the muscles. When I first started, I was impatient to see results, and performed the exercise 3, 4 or sometimes 5 times a day. My face began to look worse. I called Carole in a panic and she explained that my overdoing it was stripping down the muscles....I guess weakening them because they never got a chance to rest, recover and then build. She also explained that the muscles of the face were rather small in comparison to the body and results could be seen rather quickly She was right ... once I went back to twice a day, my face started to improve, day by day, week by week and in fact continues to improve! It's the quality NOT the quantity when it comes to facial exercises. In fact, I think that some of the more rigorous programs might actually be stripping down the muscles. Hence the "awkward period" many of the exercisers refer to on some of the other forums. Facercise is not like that. The exercises tone, tighten and lift the muscles and make up for lost collagen and elastin. They don't build up your face to look bulky, rather toned and feminine. HTH, Aprile
JaniceC.
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:45 am      Reply with quote
April: I posted under your 9/15 blog. It seemed to post ok.
Hopefully, you get some feedback. I would like to know if I am the only FMS sufferer out there to try this! Smile

5% products discount

Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:38 am      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
Anika Polka wrote:
aprile wrote:

Hi Anika ~ I don't think it would hurt with the nose exercise and I say this mainly because the nose is comprised of a lot of cartilage. However, I'd say that most of the exercises should only be performed 2x a day AT MOST. Proper form is most important as well also consistency. AND like I said, releasing the lactic acid between exercises to relax the face. This also helps to avoid stripping down the muscles of the face. Overdoing the routine or any facial exercise program for that matter ~ could strip down the muscles. When I first started, I was impatient to see results, and performed the exercise 3, 4 or sometimes 5 times a day. My face began to look worse. I called Carole in a panic and she explained that my overdoing it was stripping down the muscles....I guess weakening them because they never got a chance to rest, recover and then build. She also explained that the muscles of the face were rather small in comparison to the body and results could be seen rather quickly She was right ... once I went back to twice a day, my face started to improve, day by day, week by week and in fact continues to improve! It's the quality NOT the quantity when it comes to facial exercises. In fact, I think that some of the more rigorous programs might actually be stripping down the muscles. Hence the "awkward period" many of the exercisers refer to on some of the other forums. Facercise is not like that. The exercises tone, tighten and lift the muscles and make up for lost collagen and elastin. They don't build up your face to look bulky, rather toned and feminine. HTH, Aprile

Thank you so much for all these useful and reassuring information Aprile Smile, I will follow your advice and only work my nose out twice a day. Also when you noticed the looks of your face worsen due to over-facercising, did you take a break before starting it all again only twice a day ? And if so how long a break ? As you said your face really doesn't look overbuilt or hollow, congratulations it looks very nice =)
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Anika Polka wrote:
Also when you noticed the looks of your face worsen due to over-facercising, did you take a break before starting it all again only twice a day ? And if so how long a break ? As you said your face really doesn't look overbuilt or hollow, congratulations it looks very nice =)

Hi Anika,

Actually, I asked Carole if I should take a break and she said no. Performing the exercises twice daily was fine. I continue on and within a week, my face looked soooo much better. Remember, that facial exercise is a process and a journey, not a race. You will realize the results you seek and you wi1l continue to see improvements throughout the years! Best, Aprile (Thanks for the nice compliment) Smile
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:19 am      Reply with quote
What is the eye enhancer?

Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |