Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Carole Maggio Facercise
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Anika Polka
5% products discount

Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:43 am      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
Hi Anika,

Actually, I asked Carole if I should take a break and she said no. Performing the exercises twice daily was fine. I continue on and within a week, my face looked soooo much better. Remember, that facial exercise is a process and a journey, not a race. You will realize the results you seek and you wi1l continue to see improvements throughout the years! Best, Aprile (Thanks for the nice compliment) Smile

You're very welcome Aprile ! Also you said you regret you didn't start facercising earlier, but you definitely shouldn't feel sad about that, you really look much younger than your age !
Anika Polka
5% products discount

Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:49 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
What is the eye enhancer?

The eye enhancer is a facial exercise of Carole Maggio's Facercise program, basically it consists of a strong eye squeeze using fingers to prevent the forming of lines, but it seems one should use the entire program to get nice even results !
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:08 am      Reply with quote
Aww,thanks again Anika! Sister ~ the eye enhancer is the one exercise you should perform in the morning ~ as it truly opens up the eye area. It promotes blood flow to the eye area, brightens and tones the entire eye socket. The fingers between the brows and at the outer eye corners does prevent lines from forming. So easy to do ~ you could do it at a stop light or even a stop sign! Smile Best, Aprile
Anika Polka
5% products discount

Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:37 am      Reply with quote
You're welcome Aprile ! Very Happy

Also I had a question about the nose pump exercise ! In the video she brings the bottom part of her nose down, how does she do that ?! Is one supposed to flare their nostrils, or bring them together, like narrowing them ? Or is it just the bottom part of the nose that wiggles with no action of the nostrils whatsoever ? It seems complicated ! Laughing
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
I do mine in the morning in the shower and it really does open the eyes out. Smile
aprile wrote:
Aww,thanks again Anika! Sister ~ the eye enhancer is the one exercise you should perform in the morning ~ as it truly opens up the eye area. It promotes blood flow to the eye area, brightens and tones the entire eye socket. The fingers between the brows and at the outer eye corners does prevent lines from forming. So easy to do ~ you could do it at a stop light or even a stop sign! Smile Best, Aprile
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Anika Polka wrote:
You're welcome Aprile ! Very Happy

Also I had a question about the nose pump exercise ! In the video she brings the bottom part of her nose down, how does she do that ?! Is one supposed to flare their nostrils, or bring them together, like narrowing them ? Or is it just the bottom part of the nose that wiggles with no action of the nostrils whatsoever ? It seems complicated ! Laughing

Anika ~ Very simple. All you do is push your nose tip up strongly with your index finger. Now, flex your nose tip by pulling your upper lip down over your teeth. If you look at yhourself in the mirror while you perform the exercise, you will see your nose tip going up and down. Believe it or not, once you become more aware of your facial muscles, you will be able to flex your nose tip down without even having to use your upper lip! HTH, April Smile
lalexa

Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone tell me what it means when Carole says...keep your lower lid "strong" or your smile "strong" etc. I just got her DVD yesterday and don't have the book and she doesn't explain it.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:12 am      Reply with quote
lalexa wrote:
Can anyone tell me what it means when Carole says...keep your lower lid "strong" or your smile "strong" etc. I just got her DVD yesterday and don't have the book and she doesn't explain it.

Hi Lalexa ~ If you could be more specific which exercises you are having trouble with, I will certianly try to explain. Let me know! Aprile
LynneW

Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,
I am 44yrs old and the females in my family are prone to jowls and loose skin on our necks, I also have excessive under eye puffiness.
I have been doing Carole's facercise for 15 days now and all I can say is ...WOW!!! My jowls and neck are firming up and the puffiness under my eyes is going away. Facercise is going to override heredity. I am amazed...Thank you Carole.

Namaste,
Lynne
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:59 am      Reply with quote
I have just started facial exercises, How long before you seen result on cheeks and eyebrows....Has anyone had success...I have read through and hardly anyone seems to say WOW MY FACE LOOK 5 YEARS YOUNGER....

I watch this carole videos from 80's till now.... and i hate to say...plastic surgery. So it make me wonder what is possible at most with facial exercise?
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Depends on where your starting from, the level of sundamage you have already, the age, the health of your body etc. We all start from varying different places, and so the results are different for each and every person.

In your case on eyebrows and cheeks, it depends on the state of them to begin with, but I would think you should feel positive changes taking place within a matter of weeks of beginning, and then longer term see some really truly amazing changes.

I just noticed that Carole's new dvd with the superset etc is going to be available on 24 November, but it looks like you can preorder it.

superdogg wrote:
I have just started facial exercises, How long before you seen result on cheeks and eyebrows....Has anyone had success...I have read through and hardly anyone seems to say WOW MY FACE LOOK 5 YEARS YOUNGER....

I watch this carole videos from 80's till now.... and i hate to say...plastic surgery. So it make me wonder what is possible at most with facial exercise?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
superdogg wrote:

Hello superdogg,

I am a long-time Facerciser. I've been using Carole Maggio's program for over 10 years now. I even met and trained with her in NYC about 9 years ago. I have to say that many people mistake me for younger than my actual age. I am going to post the url to my blog page below. My story is that I was beginning to notice some sag and a rather gaunt appearance to my face after the birth of my first & only child, particularly after I lost the last 10 lbs. from the pregnancy. This was 12 years ago! I have a rather thin face to begin with so I was, as you can imagine, extremely upset and depressed ~ After all as a new mom ~ I didn't want to start looking like a grandma! I prayed for an answer to my dilemma, and thankfully found Carole's book in my local health food store. I started practicing the Facercise routine consistently, twice a day, every day. I feel I've been able to maintain a youthful look. Once I found this program, I have never looked back. It's so easy to use and you can take it with you anywhere! So yes I believe you can indeed look younger than your years with proper exercise, nutrition, a healthy lifestyle and consistency with your facial exercise routine. I can't wait for her new and improved Ultimate Facercise dvd to come out ~ I hear it's supposed to really super size your results! Here's my blog page http://aprilevesblog.blogspot.com. But, you will probably need to cut and paste the address into your browser. Let me know how you do. Best wishes, Aprile
Anika Polka
5% products discount

Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:07 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Aprile for your answer ! I'm sorry I reply very late, it's because the forum stopped sending me notification emails for some reason Laughing Yes I was asking the question because she says to pull the upper lip down to flex the nose, but I can flex it without doing that, so I wondered if I was doing it wrong !
Anika Polka
5% products discount

Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sean ! I'm waiting for the ordering page of the Flex Effect program to be updated to 45 dollars instead of the former 69 to buy it, how long will this take in your opinion ?
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi Anika - I'm not involved in the webside of things there, but PM Claudia and I know she'll be glad to assist you with this query.

Sean
Anika Polka wrote:
Hi Sean ! I'm waiting for the ordering page of the Flex Effect program to be updated to 45 dollars instead of the former 69 to buy it, how long will this take in your opinion ?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:16 am      Reply with quote
superdogg wrote:

I purchased Carole's book 2 weeks ago, and I have to say that is what is making me not want to do the exercises. Every video I see her face is frozen. It doesn't move. She looks like she has had plastic surgery. I end up feeling like if her facial exercises aren't enough for her...why should they be for me?

Apile, you seem to speak more regarding her exercises than anything else.
hawthorn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Skincarefreak, I don't know if you've done FEs before? I'm a relative newbie at them, been doing Ageless since april 09, but I have to say I think they're FAB, and are so worth doing. I don't know whether Carole's had surgery (although those lips look pretty superdooperedup to me)but even if she has, I wouldn't not do FEs just because she might not be a stranger to the knife. Don't let that put you off if you haven't done them before! FEs have changed my face in such a great way. My cheeks are higher, my mouth is fuller, my eyes have opened up. I love doing a programme, it's so easy and I'm going to do this for the rest of my life now. Really recommend doing FEs to anyone. Hawthorn.

skincarefreak wrote:
superdogg wrote:

I purchased Carole's book 2 weeks ago, and I have to say that is what is making me not want to do the exercises. Every video I see her face is frozen. It doesn't move. She looks like she has had plastic surgery. I end up feeling like if her facial exercises aren't enough for her...why should they be for me?

Apile, you seem to speak more regarding her exercises than anything else.
JaniceC.
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't seen anyone look actually younger than their age--what is that, really?--but the pictures of people who do them show a tightness and firmness that any exercise with any part of the body would produce. I started them to help with pain and they really, REALLY, helped. I do look tighter and firmer, but not really "younger", although I'm not sure how "old" I really look--I'm 54, my husband just turned 40 and people tend to think we are the same age--because of association maybe? For me, the strengthening of the underlying muscles of the face is as important as the strengthening of the muscles in my body. So, I wouldn't let some of the "before" and "after" pictures of anyone put me off or convince me to do them, but the general benefits--like with any exercise. If you notice things happening that you don't like, you can always moderate any program. I would rather look good period than just "younger". Youth is very much overrated. But looking good is looking good and can last a lot longer with exercise--face and body.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Anika Polka wrote:
Thank you Aprile for your answer ! I'm sorry I reply very late, it's because the forum stopped sending me notification emails for some reason Laughing Yes I was asking the question because she says to pull the upper lip down to flex the nose, but I can flex it without doing that, so I wondered if I was doing it wrong !

Anika ~ If you are able to flex your nose without pulling your upper lip down, that's awesome! That means that you're really in touch with your facial muscles and how to control them aready and that's a good thing! All the best, April Smile
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
skincarefreak wrote:
I purchased Carole's book 2 weeks ago, and I have to say that is what is making me not want to do the exercises. Every video I see her face is frozen. It doesn't move. She looks like she has had plastic surgery. I end up feeling like if her facial exercises aren't enough for her...why should they be for me? Apile, you seem to speak more regarding her exercises than anything else.

You know Skincarefreak ~ I can't get all caught up in the debate over whether Carole had surgery or not. I really do not believe she has, and have already defended her to the hilt. To me ~ the only thing that matters anyway is how I feel the exercises are working for me personally. I just feel that if something works for you, and you feel better about the way you look and feel about yourself, then go for it! As for looking the way she does, I think she looks pretty darn good for age 64. She probably has much more control over her facial muscles and therefore doesn't appear to move her face in the same way as she used to. Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder anyway. Much the same way, perception of one's age is. Personally, I feel a more toned, lifted face appears younger or more youthful than a saggy face. If after some time, you feel you are building up a certain area too much, you can always tailor the program to your liking. It is very doubtful however, that would happen in a short period of time. I hope that answers your questions/concerns. All the best, Aprile
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
JaniceC. wrote:
I would rather look good period than just "younger". Youth is very much overrated. But looking good is looking good and can last a lot longer with exercise--face and body.

I don't know about youth being overrated Janice. Remember the days of no worries or responsibilities? Ha, ha! But, getting back to your comment about yourself. I would have to say that you probably DO look younger to people than your actual age because your face is toned and lifted, and NOT because of the association with your husband who is your junior. Also, looking good means different things to different people. For some it means looking young, for others it means looking the best they can for the age they are. It's a matter of perspective. Some people are okay with a face that is beginning to show it's age....losing it's tone, fullness, and glow. Just like some are okay with a body that isn't toned and strong. And that's okay too. It's just nice to have this or any other facial exercise program as an option to keep us looking as youthful and vibrant as we feel. No? Aprile
JaniceC.
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Some of how we look as we get older is genetic, of course. I only started FE a couple of months ago and we have been married for almost 10 years, so I think with me, it is genetic and skin care--and no sunbathing, of course. But, yes, you are right Aprile, it is a matter of perception. I would also say that facial exercising does teach one to be more aware of which muscles in the face move and to control that--a good thing! I think what I was getting at is just because no one has reported actually looking "___ years younger" (which is really a matter of opinion) or a result is not what is desired personally (for example, some may not really desire fuller lips or need them), FE is a good option to try before other, more radical, techniques.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Janice - It was interesting and appreciated what you wrote about *looking younger*... We all have read (over and over) about how so and so "looks 10 years younger or they hear they look 10 years younger than they are"... I almost roll my eyes sometimes how often I hear that. I have ONE only experience where someone without question truly looked 10 years younger.

Truth is though - Agreeing with Aprile - some people just look so much better than their peer group... and this can be a function of less wrinkles on the face, a better toned, trim body, a more energetic look, a spring to their step, a way of being..etc..all of these things..... Check out Eva Frasers face (now that is an amazing 80 year old face) and look at jack Lalane - what a doll! Still, there is something in our aging Biology where we look within the realm of our true age. I would say for some of us the goal is to appear more youthful, vibrant, aware (within the age group they are in). I teach at a college and just being in that environment is a youthful inspiring place - thinking younger, understanding language, dress, attitudes, look and behavior and using it as an older person creates for you a place where you are not out of touch. So that in itself comes off as you are a *young* person. There is something within that that draws people to you and maybe that is why they would believe you are younger than you are.

I have a lot of energy, I'm upbeat and I do facial exercises, I also exercise at a gym, I am trim, toned, I also "get things" I enjoy the young people. Why I say this is to say I also know that I look within my age group. People ask me how I look so young or have the energy I have and I know it's because of that overall gestalt thing - the appearance and feeling I give them.

I'm rambling here a bit but the idea is that facial exercise is a part of that initial thought of youthfulness, of caretaking that we send out as a vibe of ourselves. This is what I believe Aprile is talking about and what we are striving for. I don't ever think anyone is going to think I'm 25, 35 or 45 (well maybe that Very Happy ) but I darn well know I can be an awesome 50. And I can tell you Janice that is exactly what you are too and Aprile. Rejoice in it - you have earned it (or genetics has given you and edge and be grateful)....

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
Sistersweets: I totally agree! Age is really just a state of mind. And, I think it helps that state of mind to stay active in body and soul for as long as possible. I know what you mean about being around young people and teaching--and when I've had the privilege to have non-trads younger than myself in classes, it is inspiring to be in their presence. Their energy alone makes them youthful and vibrant and it is contagious. It radiates from them, in looks and actions. I think that, as much as anything, contributes to a youthful appearance. Not "young" per se--but lookin' good at any age.

5% products discount

Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:07 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Aprile Smile !

Yes Sean I messaged her but she didn't reply yet, she must be so busy with all these people asking for help ! I can wait though it's ok Laughing !
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |