Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Carole Maggio Facercise
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:52 am      Reply with quote
For puffy eyes you might try looking at your diet. Carole Maggio along with others advocates not eating carbs after 5:00...it really helps with keeping the puffiness down on the face. Also the Tanaka's massage is dynamite. Another tip is looking at the green smoothies thread. I spent two years trying to exercise my face without paying attention to my diet(actually my diet was very good account to the American standard. Anyway changing the diet should have been the first place to start Wink.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:22 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I follow the no carbs rule, as well as drink lots of water (reverse osmosis and purified). I did the green smoothies (and added fish liver oil) and a gluten free diet for a couple of years (prescribed by my metabolic nutritionist for the fibro and the allergies); alas-no change there, either, although I still stick pretty closely to it most of the time. Probably getting out of New York would help, as would not having so many fibro flares which interfere with sleep and also lower the immune system with allergies, lol! The exercises have, of course, helped some--however, I just look really, really tired and puffy most of the time. I do a massage, but not the Tanaka--I'll look that one up, thank you, that does sound like it has potential! Probably brings more blood flow to the area?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Janice my big depuffer is Easy Eye Solutions Eye Tuck. I don't know if you have checked that thread but it takes my eyes back to the way they looked when I was a teenager Very Happy Makes me so happy!!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:36 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Toby, I'll check that one out, too! I just watched the Tanaka video on Viva Woman, I bookmarked it. Thanks again!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Toby, ah, so sad I am! Fragrance and phenoxethanol--two of the many things I have problems using (plus, of course, parabens--I was happy to see these don't have those, though). I will do the Tanaka massage daily for several months, and keep up the exercises, that might help until I can find a bubble in which to live, lol! Thanks again!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi Janice, this is wayyy off-topic here (sorry!) But was wondering if you've heard of NAET? It's an energy treatment for allergies. I developed terrible allergies a few years ago (was psychological in cause for me as my husband was very ill) But psychological or not, still I struggled with real physical symptoms as I came out in red blotches when I touched lots of things that had never bothered me in the past. I did a series of NAET and it really helped. Don't know how it works long term as my allergies disappeared when my husband recovered. It's expensive and it may seem like hokum, so if it's not for you, completely understand! But when you wrote about looking for a bubble to live in, it struck a cord with me, as that's how I felt a few years ago. I'd put on a cotton t-shirt and start burning up, I'd open a tin of paint and I'd feel ill. It was unbearable. I would never have tried an energy treatment if I hadn't been so miserable, and it did actually really work for me.
JaniceC. wrote:
Toby, ah, so sad I am! Fragrance and phenoxethanol--two of the many things I have problems using (plus, of course, parabens--I was happy to see these don't have those, though). I will do the Tanaka massage daily for several months, and keep up the exercises, that might help until I can find a bubble in which to live, lol! Thanks again!
JaniceC.
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:21 am      Reply with quote
hawthorne: No, I hadn't heard of that one. I've trained in healing touch, quantum energy testing, and several other energy healing modalities, but I've been out of touch for awhile. I'll look into this. Thank you so much

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:50 am      Reply with quote
Ah, well you'll probably understand it better than I ever did! I couldn't get my head around it as a concept at all, but I could feel it working in my body, so I just let it work and didn't question it too much. And it got me through a period in my life that was very stressful. I'm an artist and pretty much over-night I became allergic to lots of my materials, it was awful and I didn't know what to do. So to find something, anything, that worked was a godsend. Best luck with it if you do try it out.
JaniceC. wrote:
hawthorne: No, I hadn't heard of that one. I've trained in healing touch, quantum energy testing, and several other energy healing modalities, but I've been out of touch for awhile. I'll look into this. Thank you so much
LD
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
Aprile, been reading and lurking the EDS forums for a while now, and following your posts on facercise. Just wondering why other posters get whacked for promoting a brand sometimes and you never get a wicked word. Checked out your "blog" and it seemed to be just an add for Carol and facercise. I would love to believe in the products, in fact I have ordered and received both the mitts, but all they are doing is drying out my skin? Any ideas that aren't about facercise? LD
LD
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Aprile, sorry I didn't mean that to come off so snotty. I really didn't even know I was really posting. Just thinking out loud. I am not a computer genius. Been trying to figure this out since July. LD
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi LD,

No offense taken. The reason I post about Facercise and her products is plain and simple, I use them and I know that they really work. I choose to write about them on my blog because I want share my experience with others. The skincare line she sells are packed with really good actives that have made a difference in my skin. Also I don't have any experience with other facial exercise programs so why would I comment on them? That just wouldn't be fair. But as for as me not getting a wicked word, you are wrong about that. Just hasn't happened on this particular thread. Unfortunatley, l have had mud slung my way more than once defending Carole. Just seems to come with the territory on EDS. However, that is not the point here. The louffas are meant to exfoliate, tone, tighten and lift the skin, which they do for me. Perhaps you are overdoing it? Or your skin is very dehydrated? I personally use 30 circular motions on my face AM and PM and have no issues with dryness even in this rotten winter, with the forced hot air heat blasting all the time! I also use the E Oil & the Ultra Hyaluronic Moisture Cream that Carole sells to help lock in moisture. They seem to be working out really well.. But, you don't want to hear about her products I guess. I can only comment on what I use and know works. BTW, have you even seen Carole's skin? It looks beautiful, unlined and she's 64 years old. Take care, Aprile
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
LD: aprile has had to deal with some issues but has handled it with grace.
I use a few CM exercises and I like them. There are lots of options out there. I don't know her skincare line at all but I can say they are TONS of options and in many price ranges. I've found you don't have to spend a bundle to have good skincare.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Aprile, Sister, and all you other fine girls out there. Like I said I didn't know I was really pulling off a post! So Exciting to actually get a reply! I have been reading this forum for years and as a result am the proud owner of LED, Flex Effect, Ageless, Clarisonic. Love them all, along with so many different lines of skin care over the years. Currently keeping it more simple with Cellbone Vit C, Revision Nectifirm(rocks!), Vitacream B-12 and Avacado Oil. Pretty happy but always looking to "kick it up a notch", ergo, the interest in facercise. Carol's look is not exactly the look I'm going for. I am more natural and athletic looking, like you Aprile. Just want to keep it that way. I am 49, but always looked younger. Not looking forward to being asked for my senior card instead of my ID when buying my precious red wine!! LD
LD
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:20 am      Reply with quote
So sorry, meant facial flex not flex effect. Sister Sweets, you are so right about Aprile. She seems to have an amazingly sweet disposition even when challenged about her commitment to Carol. I was just curious about her number of posts and her blog that seem to be exclusively about facercise. Most people who bother to set up a blog talk about everything from toothpaste to their pets. I want to hear it all! Not just see links to one program and the related retail products? Buy the way, Aprile you do have beautiful teeth in the pics. Use anything special? LD
happygolucky
5% products discount

Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:20 am      Reply with quote
I just got carole's advanced dvd. she looks great. I think people are reading too much into the way she looks. I think she looks younger than the other face exercise gurus in the same age group. Carole wears darker makeup and hey, that's her choice. she goes for a more glam look that's all. but face wise she looks great. Loulou as well. the others look their age - no surprises there.

what i like about carole's dvd is she demonstrates each exercise clearly - it is better than the book.

can't wait to see the results. i"m feeling it alredy.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:38 am      Reply with quote
LD ~ thanks for your nice compliment. I have used a number of different brands of whitening strips, including the tip I saw on EDS about using Gly Oxide. I think they all work about the same. I drink coffee so I need to use something to get rid of the stains. Other than that ~ Toms of Maine whitening toothpaste,Jason Powersmile from my local healthfood store. I think I like Toms the best. I don't bash other facial exercise programs, but did you really see any results using the Facial Flex Device? I tried it for about 2 weeks as an adjunct to my Facercise exercise program and my jaw was killing me, so I sent it back for a full refund. My opinion, it cannot possibly do anything for the rest of the face as it only concentrates on one specific area. Honestly, I can't see how they can possibly promote it that way. As for skincare, in the past I have used Mychelle, Jason, Perricone, Cellex C, and a number of others. None of them did much for me. I've also used Sircuit Skincare, which was very pricey, but Carole's products have very similar ingredients with higher amounts of the actives and they have produced better results on my skin. They are also less expensive than Sircuit. I believe the one EGF serum I used from Sircuit is now $150; Carole sells one that is almost identical, but has other important actives for $80. I also use a Heavy Water spritz from Carole that is twice the size that Sircuit sells for less money. Hence the reason I promote what I know works and what I am currently using. HTH! Aprile
Swissmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
happygolucky wrote:
I just got carole's what i like about carole's dvd is she demonstrates each exercise clearly - it is better than the book.

I agree, I really like her old vhs tapes because she does do all the exercises on real time. It's easy to follow along. It's much harder for me to follow along with a book.

Does anyone know if her updated dvd will be the same as far as showing all the exercises so the viewer can follow along?
LD
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Aprile, the facial flex was a gift from dear sister in law. It is what brought me to EDS years ago. I googled it to find out what others thought of the gizmo and it led me to the forum. I still do use it. I think it helped a little, but no WOW. I moved on to the Tua Viso after reading about it on here and liked it better. Relaxing, and easier than remembering to do exercises. I do like ageless but am worried about all the pulling and tugging. Didn't see vast improvement after a while so started reading about facercise. Seems more "isometric", if you know what I mean. I also use the Gly Oxide after, you guessed it, reading about it here. I love all the information. I have tried so many things I never would have known about. I am enthusiastic about skincare, health and nutrition, So when I find the Holy Grail I will share!! LD
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
LD & Swissmom ~ Based upon what I have read, Carole's program is different from the other programs in that she incorporates visualization, energy fields and body posturing in her program. Some of the exercises she has you use your hands on your face, but not all of them. The new DVD has some of the older exercises and new ones as well. The reason this DVD is different from the Beginning and Advanced DVD's is that she explains everything in intricate detail while having 3 different models show you how to perform the each exercise, utilizing visualization, energy fields and body posturing. It's very comprehensive and I believe this will be a best seller for her. The new program seems more intensive to me, although I haven't had the time to dedicate as much time to learning the new exercises by heart. You see, I have my own cassette tape which she made for me when I trained with her a number of years ago that I have become rather attached to. (I wear headphones while to do my exercises.) I hope to train with her via Skype and then she can make me another tape/dvd that I can use. If you are looking to tone, tighten and lift your face, this program will absolutely do that. HTH! All the best, Aprile
LD
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Aprile, I am most concerned about lifting the corners of my mouth. That is one thing I noticed about Carole. I'm not wanting to look like the JOKER, but my mouth corners used to be upturned with heart shaped lips, but now they sort of look melted! Does Facercise have anything that you have found works for that area? Thanks, LD
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:29 am      Reply with quote
LD ~ Absolutely! Carole has exercises which address every muscle of the face and neck. The Lip Lift exercise strengthens the muscles and lifts the mouth corners. She also has an advanced exercise that addresses that area. Since you don't need to build that muscle, I believe you should be able to see improvement very quickly. I have been using her program for over 10 years now. When I hold my mouth in a neutral position, my mouth corners turn up. HTH! Take care, Aprile
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:26 am      Reply with quote
I said to Aprile in a PM that I really admired how Carole did bring the visualisation and energy techniques really to a major audience and wrote about them in her book.

There are quite a few programs out there that do utilise these techniques also, but none have really delivered to as wide a number as Carole's did. I also shared that when I teach, I incorporate those elements also and I think that they are fantastic to incorporate into any routine you do.

I think these are also often overlooked when it comes to body exercises, but it can really add a new dimension to them also!

aprile wrote:
LD & Swissmom ~ Based upon what I have read, Carole's program is different from the other programs in that she incorporates visualization, energy fields and body posturing in her program. Some of the exercises she has you use your hands on your face, but not all of them. The new DVD has some of the older exercises and new ones as well. The reason this DVD is different from the Beginning and Advanced DVD's is that she explains everything in intricate detail while having 3 different models show you how to perform the each exercise, utilizing visualization, energy fields and body posturing. It's very comprehensive and I believe this will be a best seller for her. The new program seems more intensive to me, although I haven't had the time to dedicate as much time to learning the new exercises by heart. You see, I have my own cassette tape which she made for me when I trained with her a number of years ago that I have become rather attached to. (I wear headphones while to do my exercises.) I hope to train with her via Skype and then she can make me another tape/dvd that I can use. If you are looking to tone, tighten and lift your face, this program will absolutely do that. HTH! All the best, Aprile

Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:07 am      Reply with quote
I am a long-time Facerciser, but am always pressed for time. I decided to purchase Carole's new dvd as as Christmas present to myself and am so glad I did! The Super Set gets me through the entire routine in under 8 mins. This is a major plus for me! I already see additional toning and tightening especially along my jawline and neck area. I think the new exercises have more resistance and that is why I am seeing more toning in this area. Also, I started using her EGF serum a few months ago and am so pleased with how great the skin on my face and neck look. It is much more toned and lifted and the crinkly skin on my neck is gone! After years of using TNS recovery complex and seeing nothing, finally I see wonderful changes after stopping that expensive serum and starting with Carole's EGF serum. I'll never stop using it. An added benefit is that Carole's serum is about 1/2 the price of the TNS serum, so it's a win, win for me. Cealie

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi Cealie,

Welcome to the forum! I'm happy to "meet" another Facerciser who has been working the program for a long time. I also think the neck and jaw exercises on the new dvd really work that area better than the previous exercises. I have noticed my jaw seems even more firm since I have been more diligent using the new dvd twice a day for the past few days. Yes, you can still see additional results after all these years! I too use Carole's EGF serum and love it ~ plus all you need is one pump for the entire face. Great stuff. Take care, Aprile
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:54 am      Reply with quote
I figured its worth sharing this info from Carole's newsletter about her new dvd (note I'm not affiliated in any way with Carole, so am not selling this program, simply offering information from her newsletter to help people decide if this program is right for them). I like how she is including posture and other advice, as my experience is that many people who do facial exercise concentrate so much on the exercises, that they sometimes do it hunching over etc, and so its great she is encouraging people to be more aware. All information in bold is from the newsletter:

The ULTIMATE Facercise DVD was recently released and already clients are sending me rave reviews! I’ve been working on the ULTIMATE Facercise DVD for the past two years after myriad clients expressed interest in really pumping up their results and shortening their Facercise routines. I didn’t include the resistance movements or visualization techniques in the Beginning or Advanced DVDs; my clients just weren’t ready yet. In this new DVD, I use models to better explain the intricacies of the program, showing you how to really isolate the muscles used, as well as body positioning for resistance. The instruction is more detailed, so you will feel like you are in a private class with me.

Now, with ULTIMATE Facercise, you’ll be able to create even bigger and better results. As an added bonus, I devised an 8-minute SUPER SET for those super busy days. I added the SUPER SET specifically because of clients who have called or emailed me to say they just don’t have the time to fit the exercises in daily. The ULTIMATE Facercise DVD Kit comes with one instructional DVD and two audio CDs. One of the CDs has all 13 exercises with complete detail. The second CD has the Super Set for those days when you want a shortened version. The kit also comes with instructional travel cards for when you can’t use a personal DVD or CD player. If you are currently only using my book to learn Facercise, you won’t be able to achieve the best results possible. The reason for this is simple, you cannot see the muscles move or hear the correct tempo and timing of the exercises. There are also body posturing movements that are essential to your success with the ULTIMATE Facercise Program. The price for the kit is $49.95 plus shipping and handling. So ring in the New Year with the ULTIMATE Facercise!

Carole also gives details of her own routine in the newsletter (which are worth signing up for by the way):

People always compliment me on how great my skin looks and ask about my personal beauty regimen. To start off the New Year on the right foot, I thought I’d share my daily beauty routine with you. The first thing I do in the morning is exfoliate my entire body. Using the Horsehair Mitt, I performs 60 back and forth scrubs per area. Even though my No Lipo Lipo DVD states 30 per area, I’ve found that more is actually better. As a result, my skin (at 64) is toned, tightened and lifted.

I also use the Sisal Louffa Strap to address the back of my body. Using a back and forth motion, I start at my ankles and work my way up to my neck. Next, I exfoliate my face using the Bamboo Glove ~ using 30 circular motions around my entire face and neck. My face is now exfoliated, glowing and ready to receive the skincare products. First, I spray my face, neck and the tops of my hands with the Heavy Water Spritz, then apply a thin layer of Vitamin E Oil to all three areas. I then apply the EGF Serum (on alternate days I apply the Vitamin C Serum), then the EGF Repair Cream (on alternate days I use theUltra Hyraluronic Moisture Cream orthe Advanced Anti-Aging Cream). Next, I squeeze a pea size amount of sunscreen into the palm of my hand and combined with a spritz of the Heavy Water and apply to my face, neck and tops of my hands. I give all areas a final spritz of Heavy Water before leaving the house. All of these products have maximum antioxidant benefits and truly feed the skin and protect it from future free radical damage.

Three times a week I use the Anti-Aging Moisture Mask, leaving it on my skin for a full 10 minutes. Every 10 days, I use the Face Lift To Go Mask. This mask exfoliates, tones, tightens, and lifts the skin of the face, neck and even the tops of your hands. I then perform one set of the ULTIMATE Facercise exercises. I personally use one of the CDs in order to really push myself. The morning is when I consume most of my carbohydrates. The reason for this is simple, excess carbohydrates can cause inflammation and wrinkles. According to Dr. Nicholas Perricone, “Cut out sugar and carbs on Monday, and by Thursday, you’ll look younger.” Also, never consume carbs after 5 pm if you want to keep cellulite at bay and keep your skin looking its personal best.

In the evening, I cleanse my skin with the Creamy Milk Cleanser and pat it dry. I exfoliate again using the Beauty Face Mitt, performing 30 circular motions around my entire face and neck. I allow my skin to dry for 30 minutes before applying the Retinol Cream to my entire face, neck and the tops of my hands. I then complete another set of the ULTIMATE Facercise exercises. Next, I perform my No Lipo Lipo Knuckle Massage Technique using 60-80 back and forth scrubs per area. In the DVD it states to use 30 scrubs per area, but like I said, I’ve found more is actually better. As a result, my skin is cellulite free, toned, tightened, lifted and unlined. There are other things I could talk about, but there’s just not enough space in the newsletter.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |