Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Carole Maggio Facercise
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
LondonLucyGeorge
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:35 am      Reply with quote
I was looking at the facial exercise thread, and went with the Ultimate Facercise in the end, as it didn't seem that it had all the awkward effects that the others can/did. Ageless and FlexEffect were the other two, and if Facercise doesn't work for me, then I might give one of those a try,b ut I got my dvd at the weekend and its absolutely fantastic.

Carole looks fantastic for 63. While I'm not convinced her lips are solely due to exercises - you got to give it to the woman she looks fantastic. If I could look like that now I'd be one happy lady.

I really like the cd's that come with it. I'm a little disappointed that Carole didn't demo any of the exercises herself, but having said that, I get such a burn from the exercises, they must be doing something good for me.

The only one that I'm struggling with is the lip builder one. Where you roll the lip to touch your gum. Does anyone else find that difficult? So what I've done is doing the exercise without rolling my lip under, as one of my friends told me thats how the exercise used to be in one of her books, and wow Angelina lips are there after that one.

I'd love to use all the skincare stuff she's got as well - but its too pricey for me, but hey I figure there must be cheaper alternatives out there.
garbath
5% products discount

Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:09 am      Reply with quote
I read in the other thread that the facercise ruined his/her face.

I'm thinking of ordering the dvd and I hope that is just an isolated case.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:16 am      Reply with quote
garbath wrote:
I read in the other thread that the facercise ruined his/her face.

I'm thinking of ordering the dvd and I hope that is just an isolated case.

Having used different exercise programs for years I can't imagine that this is truly the case. Carole's program isn't aggressive and is certainly worth trying. Facial exercises are very valuable and there are many programs to choose from. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:03 am      Reply with quote
I agree with Toby. The results of facial exercise have been wonderful for me. They are the only thing that has given my face lift and maintenance of shape. They are the backbone of my routine - along with dry brushing and massage. I do a few of Carole's exercises and like all of them. I'm pondering getting her new dvd, though more than likely will get the new FE program (waiting for reviews but it doesn't appear that anyone has recieved theirs yet).

5% products discount

Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Toby and Sister sweets!

I'm relieved and confident now that this is an isolated case 'cos the both of you posted your views about the programme.Your views carries a lot of weight for me when I buy products. So I'm glad that you guys gave your say on Carole Maggio's facercise.

Anyways, I ordered the Flex Effect DVD first. Will try out Carole Maggio's later. I'm 28 years old and I know it is kind of young to start doing face exercise. But the aging process has already begun and although I know I can't stop it I certainly want to age gracefully.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Garbath

Nothing wrong with wanting to start early, and although I'm a little biased, I do think FlexEffect is a great program.

I'm not sure whats happened with that case you mentioned, but suspect there is something else going on. Your notice that the writer indicated that she ruined her cheeks with the cheek exercise, but doesn't go into any detail. For example perhaps if she repeatedly did it throughout the day well above the recommended reps she might have exhausted the muscle. It sounds a bit strange to me, as also the writer started very young, doesn't give any details what the reasons were that she started the exercises etc.

Our faces are influenced by so many factors, but exercising the muscles and stimulating the skin and connective tissue really does do so much for us long term, that I suspect if people saw a glimpse into their future of the time they spend on their faces doing them, they would make it a lifelong commitment.

I think aging gracefully is a great goal, but also a major one for me is its about aging healthily. A lot of the so called aging signs we hear about are actually when the tissue etc starts degenerating (because of stress, lack of sleep, insufficient nutrition and all).

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:33 am      Reply with quote
Garbath,

You are wise to start exercising your face early. I think that's what has kept Carole looking so youthful all these years. She started rather young ~ at age 35 or 36 when normally, your face hasn't really begun to sag significantly yet. It's much harder to reverse major sagging, than to maintain a toned face. If you want a program that is quick, easy and produces great results ~ the Ultimate Facercise is the ticket. I cannot believe how many young women ~ in their twenties are having major procedures done. Just read a story in "Life & Style" about Heidi Montag's 15 procedures (face & body) and how her face looks almost frozen now. It pains her to move her jaw and even chew her food! It's so sad. I really think she could have created the look she wanted with facial exercises, yet at 23 she went this drastic route. Basically, she moderately changed her nose and created more lift and volume to her face and lips. All of this could have been achieved with Facercise for sure. The only thing that could not be changed was the chin reduction, which in my opinion, given her high forehead she did not need. She also did Lipo which again, in my opinion she also did not need ~ she was thin with no visible cellulite. She could have used Carole's No Lipo Lipo to tone and sculpt her body more. I truly believe that old addage .... an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure still applies. All the best, Aprile
Christina22

Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone else tried Carole Maggio’s skincare line? I discovered Facercise after I recovered from facial palsy and used it to re-stimulate my face through exercise. I had such great results that I decided to give Carole Maggio’s skincare line a try. I figured if her facial exercised could work wonders for the way my face felt then her skincare line may have equal benefits to my complexion. She uses her product and her skin looks amazing so I thought it was worth investigating.

I have always had combination skin and never found a product that would help control my oily T-Zone. She recommended her oily skin package to me. After about a week of using these products, I no longer had to keep powdering my nose every hour or reapplying my foundation to my oily areas throughout the day. At night I used her Retinal Renewal Conditioner which has revitalized my skin and given me back my youthful glow. In the morning I use the High Density “C” and EGF Repair Serum before I apply sunscreen and makeup. Even with my combination skin, these products don’t make my skin oily. Actually my skin has never felt softer and more hydrated than it does now even through the frigid winter we have been having.

I have such sensitive skin and allergies that I normally can’t use skincare product that contain heavy exfoliants or fragrances. I haven’t had any problems with her products as far as sensitivity or bothering my sinuses. I think it is because all of the ingredients in her products are natural and don’t contain weird chemicals and perfumes and they are gentle enough for me to use every day. I am happy to say that after years of wasting time and money searching for a perfect skincare line, I have finally found one that works for me.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:34 am      Reply with quote
For all of you who have the ultimate facial exercise CD of Caroles' - How long is it? I know the abbreviated version is 8 minutes but have not heard the length of the other. Thanks.

Hi Christina - There aren't many reviews of Carole's complete skincare line on EDS. You may want to start a new thread about this Smile Her products are pricey which is a drawback since many of us get terrific results while spending less. That said, we always like to hear about a good product line.
Is there one particular product that you like above the others?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:28 am      Reply with quote
I just checked out the skincare line (I'm about 2 seconds away from ordering the new facercise CD and a few more louffa's for drybrushing). The skin care packages are really very tempting - a good price compared to buying each item separately.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Well the cd that comes with it has the tracks (including superset) at a total of 25.5 minutes (.5 is seconds).

I think the misunderstanding is that the first 14 tracks are her talking you through the exercises, telling you what to visualise etc, but the superset is the name of the exercise, and count and short visualisation comments. So in the beginning I think like anything it takes a little while to learn and grasp but then you can do the superset. The dvd has her talking whilst the models do it (which is so superb in my opinion) as you really get to know what to focus on, where to feel it etc but at the end of the exercises they give you a live demo of one model doing the whole superset (8 minutes). Best 8 minutes I'm spending twice a day for sure. I love the burn I'm getting.
sister sweets wrote:
For all of you who have the ultimate facial exercise CD of Caroles' - How long is it? I know the abbreviated version is 8 minutes but have not heard the length of the other. Thanks.

Hi Christina - There aren't many reviews of Carole's complete skincare line on EDS. You may want to start a new thread about this Smile Her products are pricey which is a drawback since many of us get terrific results while spending less. That said, we always like to hear about a good product line.
Is there one particular product that you like above the others?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks London Lucy. I really did not realize the Superset was it. Nice to hear you are getting a burn. That's awesome.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
I wanted to chime in about Carole's Skncare line. One thing about Carole's products is that she doesn't use chemical fragrances ~ only essential oils. This is a biggy for the chemically sensitive types like me ~ those who suffer with allergies or asthma. Something most people often dismiss as unimportant can have a major impact on your overall health. Btw, fragrances can often times contain up to 50 chemicals and to me, that just doesn't seem to be necessary in skincare. Also, Carole's products contain large percentages of the actives that actually make the products work. I think her prices are pretty good all things considered. I have researched her ingredients and they are top notch. Also, I once used an EGF product from Sircuit Skin that at the time cost me $90, it now sells for $150. Carole sells a very similar product, same size and all for $80. She also runs a special each month on one of her products which can save you a substantial amount of money. For instance, January's product, the Ultra Hyraluronic Cream was reduced from $60 to $30, that's quite substantial. She advertises them on her site and in her monthly newsletter. HTH! Take care, Aprile
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Aprile. I really appreciate your input. Do you need to be signed up for her newsletter? Actually I think I am. There are some of her products that look very interesting to me. She does seem to be very into what she does - not like a big corporation mentality. I like that very much. And I so don't want chemicals or a load of preservatives.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sister ~

To sign up for her newsletter, you opt-in on her site. Just click newsletter and a box appears for you to enter your email address; then you will receive it each month. She has some interesting information every month, as well as the special of the month. You are right too, she doesn't have the big corporation type of mentality. She sells off her site, but also out of her salon. She also has a lot of knowledge about skincare actives & is very hands on working closely with her chemists to create the kind of products she can feel proud to sell to her clients. I think the big corporation types seem to lose touch with what the clients are truly looking for because they want to appeal to the masses and of course make a lot of money without providing the highest quality they can deliver. When you really check the labels on many popular skincare products, often times the top five ingredients are nothing but chemicals which do little for the health and integrity of the skin. Thankfully, hers are not like that at all. Take care, Aprile
ellet
5% products discount

Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:01 am      Reply with quote
could anyone pleaaase put her videos up on youtube or something i really need to watch this. i have no clue what the heck the book is saying. i need to see it
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:30 am      Reply with quote
Ellet,

I don't believe any of the facial exercise gurus put all of their exercises up YouTube. It would kind of defeat the purpose of selling their DVDs. Ya know? You can probably find a few of Carole's exercises YouTube because she has appeared on various TV shows, news programs and demonstrated the exercises. Other than that, if you need help on a particular exercise, I would be happy to help. Also, Carole answers all of her emails. Contact her at cmaggio@mminternet.com. Aprile
britbox

Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the skin care products for years now, I am 37, and people ALWAYS think im about 28. I have no wrinkles and no lines and I attribute it to wearing the Facercise sunscreen and using the cleansers and moisturizers daily!! I highly recommend these products.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:34 am      Reply with quote
Do you also facercise? How long have you been doing that for - thats quite a testimony!
britbox wrote:
I have been using the skin care products for years now, I am 37, and people ALWAYS think im about 28. I have no wrinkles and no lines and I attribute it to wearing the Facercise sunscreen and using the cleansers and moisturizers daily!! I highly recommend these products.
m.e.g.

Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Carole Maggio's Facercise program helps me in so many ways. Just a few:

1) Daily reduction in facial/neck/back tension associated with chronic pain from spinal/neck injuries sustained from an automobile injury.

2) Prevention of sinus congestion, swelling and discomfort. Flow is facilitated.

3) Facial benefits: definition/glow/smooth texture/tone/circulation/toxin release and relaxation.

3)As we age, our facial muscles don't move with and support emotional expression as much. We can look sadder and madder than we feel. Facercise keeps my face supple, so I continue to "say what I mean" with my 'fit face'.

4) Facercise keeps my cheek,jaw and neck muscles strong enough to continue, decades later, to sustain the "amphitheatre effect" necessary for powerful, resonant sound. Singers usually experience a compromise in tonal quality as they age. Not so with Facercise!

And, these are just the tangible benefits!

I respect and trust Carole Maggio. The standard to which she holds herself, consistently, is exemplary. She has always been this way. Carole Maggio is truly FOR women. She is a consummate professional and a great person.

M.E.G.
Chapel Hill, NC

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:14 am      Reply with quote
It's exciting that so many new people are joining the forum just to tout the benefits of Carole's program. Welcome, and thank you for letting us know about your success!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:52 am      Reply with quote
Hermosa thats so true.... I noticed the same thing. I love M.E.G.'s comment that Facercise is truly for women, hey we've got guys here too: Photoqueen, Sean and all.

Theresa
m.e.g.

Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:58 am      Reply with quote
Carole Maggio helps men, too. (See her work).

What I mean in saying she is FOR women is that I so appreciate her attitude, woman to woman. It's all help, all share. Not competition or withholding.

I am saving up to have private skype sessions with her because I know she has so much wisdom to give, about so many topics, from facial contours to hormone balancing to nutrition. She's very forward-thinking. A trailblazer, actually. And, a wonderful resource person with a generous attitude. Very empowering to talk with her.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:20 am      Reply with quote
m.e.g.

Can I ask what made you choose facercise over the other programs out there? Some seem to either love it or hate it. As your see from the threads here on EDS most seem to use Ageless or FlexEffect. Did you try any of these for comparison?

What were you dealing with before it, and how soon did it solve it for you?

Theresa
m.e.g. wrote:
Carole Maggio helps men, too. (See her work).

What I mean in saying she is FOR women is that I so appreciate her attitude, woman to woman. It's all help, all share. Not competition or withholding.

I am saving up to have private skype sessions with her because I know she has so much wisdom to give, about so many topics, from facial contours to hormone balancing to nutrition. She's very forward-thinking. A trailblazer, actually. And, a wonderful resource person with a generous attitude. Very empowering to talk with her.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:22 am      Reply with quote
m.e.g. thanks for being a part of this thread. I have heard that CM is a great advocate of womens issues and knowledgable. I'm sure the skype will be a good investment and I hope you'll share Very Happy

I'm contemplating trying some of her skin products - she has one on special right now that is interesting to me.

Welcome and please continue to share your background and improvements. We're all ears.
Sis

Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |