Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Carole Maggio Facercise
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
m.e.g.

Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Theresa Mary,

I have not explored other programs recently. Many years ago, I was comparing Carole's program to others. They paled in comparison. Yet, I cannot speak to the value of any current alternatives.

I can speak to the (shocking) difference it made for me to stop doing Facercise for six months last year. I didn't plan on derailing (who ever does?). I was going through loss (death of a loved one). Self-care wasn't on my radar. When I 'came up for air' and looked in the mirror, I was stunned. I looked years older. And awful. I looked sore and sort of "wooden". Ugh.

So, I'm back on the horse, doing Facercise morning and night. Carole's new program (Ultimate Facercise) came just in time. I see and experience positive changes immediately (getting back my glow, smooth tone, contours, etc).

I've developed an eye for subtle changes from listening to Carole and practicing for so long. Those subtle changes keep me encouraged and motivated. I also know that the cumulative effect will kick in - as it has over the years.

I'm not opposed to learning about other good programs, and integrating other effective exercises, if I were to find any. I am committed, though, to keep doing Facercise daily, nightly, yearly.

She's done her homework She's astute and very, very experienced. Carole understands body systems (skeletal, muscular, endocrine, circulatory, etc). Lots of wisdom. We are fortunate to have her so actively contributing to the field.

Hope you find what you're looking for, Theresa Mary!

M.E.G.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum MEG & I couldn't agree with you more! I have never stopped using Carole's Facercise program since I began 12 years ago. However, there have been periods of time when I've slacked off and haven't done the exercises twice a day. Once I passed age 45, I needed to do the exercises twice a day to maintain the lift and create fullness to my face. My face is on the thin side to begin with, so once a day just doesn't cut it anymore. Once I got back to doing the exercises twice a day, the results are remarkable. I continue to see changes in my face throughout the years, and with the new Ultimate program, I am beginning to see even more fullness to my face. Although it's only been a little more than two weeks of consistently doing them twice a day, I am very encouraged! Carole has always been more than kind to me. Her attitude towards life and aging and her willingness to share has been very empowering. Take good care, Aprile
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
I hope it is okay to jump in here with a question...I have been doing the nose shortener exercise pretty consistently for the last couple of weeks (sadly, the only facial exercise that I have managed to be consistent with, but I am motivated to improve on that!) and I noticed today that I have a reddish area on the top plane of my nose. In a magnifying mirror, I could see that it was a whole bunch of broken blood vessels. The large cluster is right at the main crease when I do the nose shortener exercise. Has anyone else noticed that? If so, did it go away after your skin adjusted? (please say yes!!)
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I'm pondering ordering the new ultimate dvd, but just wanted to know if there is much more in this than in her books ?

many thanks

Jackie xx
britbox

Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:51 am      Reply with quote
Hey TheresaMary,

Yes, I've been doing the Facercise exercises for about 5 years now. I have always been considered young looking for my age. But, when I noticed my jaw looking a little slack, I did a search on face exercises. (I wanted to put off the need for Botox or a facelift!) I have been real careful about my skin since I turned 30 when I first noticed some fine lines forming around my eyes and mouth - no doubt from past sun damage. Since I was already using the Facercise program, I decided to try her products. I use the creamy cleanser, egf serum & cream and sunscreen every day, as well as her retinol at night. I definitely think the retinol made my fine lines disappear. HTH, Britbox
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:10 am      Reply with quote
I love the look of her products, but they are soo expensive that I can't afford to use them. I did see in one of her newsletters she spoke about her own routine and what she uses and I totalled all the stuff up and it came to about $600 dollars.... I wish I could spend that amount of money but no way at present (actually wish I could earn the kind of money to allow myself to splash out on those each month). Laughing
britbox

Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Yea, that's why I only use a few select items. I can't afford to use all the ones that she uses! But, the ones I do use seem to be doing the trick for me. I think when it comes to skincare, you get what you pay for. At least her stuff doesn't have all those chemicals. I'm real happy with everything I use. Brit
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
Theresa Mary - I have not used these products but the packages that are put together based upon skintype are a cheaper alternative and the serum is on special this week for $50. I might give it a go and I've been wanting to get a bamboo mitt also.
Do you use one of these Aprile? And do you use the serum?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sis,

I just starting using both the egf serum & cream on a regular basis....I'd say for about 3 months now. I am noticing that the lines around my eyes (crows feet) seem less deep or prominent. Not sure if it's the egf or the retinol, or a combination of both that is responsible for this development! I also use the bamboo glove in the morning and the beauty face mitt in the evening before I apply the retinol. I like to use the bamboo one in the morning because it really makes my skin glow! It's not a problem for me either using both in the same day. I feel the extra exfoliation helps my skin better absorb the skincare products. Smile Aprile
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Carole uses both mitts too. I'm really wanting the bamboo.

Would you buy the egf serum again? I don't really have a lot of wrinkles. Do you feel the retinol product is a better value of the two?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:17 am      Reply with quote
Sis ~ I think the EGF is supposed to stimulate cell growth and prevent future wrinkles due to its antioxidant properties. I think it also helps to thicken the skin because of its androgen like properties. The retinol helps to build collagen, increase skin moisture and rejuvenates the skin. I think if you are struggling with fine lines or wrinkles, get the retinol. Carole has specials every month and this month it's the EGF for $50 if you call in for the special price, normally it's $80. I think the retinol is $50 or $55. She seems to rotate the specials, which is good (I wait for the specials!) HTH! Aprile
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Oops ~ my skin is rather thin, so yes I'd buy the EGF products again. I think the combination of the EGF serum & cream along with the retinol at night are helping to ease my fine lines and create more moisture. I think perhaps the EGF is helping to thicken my skin and the retinol is plumping my skin and helping it to retain more moisture, hence diminishing the lines. I am guessing here, but I am really liking my results. Another thing I have done recently is to sleep on my back with the help of the Savemyface pillowette. Now I'm not waking with creases in my face due to sleeping with my face smashed into the pillow. The lines from doing that for years were starting to become permanent. These lines however, are also easing with the egf/retinol use! HTH, Aprile
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
That pillow is on my things to buy list.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
I have been thinking about the pillow and the EFG,and of course the mitts would be nice too. Oh the list goes on! Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
Well the EGF serum is cheap this week Very Happy (that is relatively speaking).

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Well the EGF serum is cheap this week Very Happy (that is relatively speaking).

I bought the EGF serum on special. I've only used it 3 days.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Oh cool. Lrt us know what you think.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Oh cool. Lrt us know what you think.

I don't know if it will make a big difference, because I'm going to be using it 3-4 evenings a wk because I'm also using cp's some nights.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:04 am      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
Ellet,

I don't believe any of the facial exercise gurus put all of their exercises up YouTube. It would kind of defeat the purpose of selling their DVDs. Ya know? You can probably find a few of Carole's exercises YouTube because she has appeared on various TV shows, news programs and demonstrated the exercises. Other than that, if you need help on a particular exercise, I would be happy to help. Also, Carole answers all of her emails. Contact her at cmaggio@mminternet.com. Aprile

hi aprile,

i was just looking into carole maggio's you tube videos. she's a doll! so pretty! and she has a really sweet and cute tv presence. =)

now i'm interested in purchasing her dvds. on the facercise website, it offers beginning, advance, facercise, and ultimate. which one should i get? i read the descriptions of 14 beginning steps, advance steps, super sets, etc... i'm confused. please help... thanks!

p.s. carole maggio is not in any affliated with flex effect, right? i don't want anything to do with FE.

TIA!

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Hello Llina,

First, I assure you that Carole Maggio is not in any way associated with FlexEffect. Facercise is it's own entity and FlexEffect is entirely another facial exercise program. Carole created the Facercise program over 25 years ago and has written 3 books and created three DVD's. The Beginner DVD was her original program, which was very good. The Advanced DVD is a gret complimentary program and has 7 or 8 exercises if you need additional help with certain areas of your face (so these exercises would be in addition to the exercises on the Beginner DVD.) But, I have to say that the NEW Ultimate Facercise DVD Kit is by far and wide my favorite at this point in time. The DVD that comes with the kit is very comprehensive in that she uses models to demonstrate the intriciacies of the program, including posturing, energy fields and visualization. It comes with two CD's which are used once you have viewed the DVD 3-4 times and are confident that you know how to perform the exercises corectly. You can also just follow along for a while with the DVD while learning, which is great. On one of the CD's, Carole explains in complete detail how to perform each exercise down to the posturing. The second DVD is the Super Set which involves very little explanation, only counting and energy and gets you through the entire program in just under 8 minutes. So again, the Ultimate Facercise is my favorite. I am a longtime Facerciser and am seeing some really nice changes in my face since using it for just 3 weeks twice a day. My lip lines are finally diminishing or filling in and my cheek hollows are also filling in nicely. I am really enjoying using this new program! I recommend it highly! HTH! Aprile Smile
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Why don't you like FlexEffect? As many people here love it.

I have Maggio's new dvd, and wasn't impressed at all..... sure its quick and fast without doubt, and I find some of her exercises are easy to do - like nose shortener which I continue doing, but some don't do anything for my face at all (face widener and shortner for example). I asked her one time which muscles I should feel when doing those exercises and she told me that the clue was int he name (and I've tried it hundreds of times but never get the burn there either) so I figure its probably just not the right one for me. Plus it does take her a while to get back to people sometimes (almost over a week for me).

Whereas I found FlexEffect's new stuff to be great for many aresa of my face. If not FlexEffect you might want to try Ageless as thats another favourite.
llina wrote:
p.s. carole maggio is not in any affliated with flex effect, right? i don't want anything to do with FE.

TIA!
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Why don't you like FlexEffect? As many people here love it.

I have Maggio's new dvd, and wasn't impressed at all..... sure its quick and fast without doubt, and I find some of her exercises are easy to do - like nose shortener which I continue doing, but some don't do anything for my face at all (face widener and shortner for example). I asked her one time which muscles I should feel when doing those exercises and she told me that the clue was int he name (and I've tried it hundreds of times but never get the burn there either) so I figure its probably just not the right one for me. Plus it does take her a while to get back to people sometimes (almost over a week for me).

Whereas I found FlexEffect's new stuff to be great for many aresa of my face. If not FlexEffect you might want to try Ageless as thats another favourite.
llina wrote:

TIA!

I actually use Ageless and Facercise. I think they compliment each other. Ageless helps me with the volume and toning aspect of my face, and Facercise helps with the neck, lips, and forehead.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary,

I find it interesting that you would order the new DVD if you were not at all happy with the Facercise program when you tried it once before. I also noticed that you use FlexEffect and Ageless. Just saying, not sure why you would want to be using all of those programs at the same time, particularly if you were already so happy with the Flex or Ageless program. (I could see you picking some exercises from one program and some from another.) One of the things that I have noticed by watching the models perform the exercises on the new Ultimate Facercise DVD is that, even as a long-time Facerciser, I was holding my mouth in the wrong position when performing many of the exercises. The way you hold your mouth will most definitely affect your results because you won't be targeting the muscle correctly. For instance during the face filler (widener) exercise. She has you hold your mouth by making a small mouth, not a like a smile. This targets the muscles differently and has produced better results for me. Even though I had my own personal cassette tape, I didn't see it visually, so I was doing it wrong. So seeing it performed on the DVD made all the difference for me! That is why it is very difficult to just go out and get a $12 book and expect to get the best possible results with any program. I think anyone looking for a facial exercise program would be very pleased with this new DVD. Not only are the exercises easy to learn, perform and take very little time, you will see results. Muscles build over time so be aware of the subtle, yet positive changes that are occurring along the way. Be patient and encouraged because you will see more and more positive results over time. All the best, Aprile
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
Hello Llina,

First, I assure you that Carole Maggio is not in any way associated with FlexEffect. Facercise is it's own entity and FlexEffect is entirely another facial exercise program. Carole created the Facercise program over 25 years ago and has written 3 books and created three DVD's. The Beginner DVD was her original program, which was very good. The Advanced DVD is a gret complimentary program and has 7 or 8 exercises if you need additional help with certain areas of your face (so these exercises would be in addition to the exercises on the Beginner DVD.) But, I have to say that the NEW Ultimate Facercise DVD Kit is by far and wide my favorite at this point in time. The DVD that comes with the kit is very comprehensive in that she uses models to demonstrate the intriciacies of the program, including posturing, energy fields and visualization. It comes with two CD's which are used once you have viewed the DVD 3-4 times and are confident that you know how to perform the exercises corectly. You can also just follow along for a while with the DVD while learning, which is great. On one of the CD's, Carole explains in complete detail how to perform each exercise down to the posturing. The second DVD is the Super Set which involves very little explanation, only counting and energy and gets you through the entire program in just under 8 minutes. So again, the Ultimate Facercise is my favorite. I am a longtime Facerciser and am seeing some really nice changes in my face since using it for just 3 weeks twice a day. My lip lines are finally diminishing or filling in and my cheek hollows are also filling in nicely. I am really enjoying using this new program! I recommend it highly! HTH! Aprile Smile

hi aprile,
thank you for your quick and detailed response. i understand the breakdown now... after reading it several times. gottcha ya! thank you. i get confused easily. Laughing

i'm in canada, so if you have a canadian route, that you know of, please let me know. i try to avoid canada customs, if ever possible. Wink otherwise, i'll go to her official site and order. thank you.

i always wanted to explore more of facial exercise and facial yoga, since they are natural and good ways to condition the face. however, since coming to forum, i've had bad experiences with certain facial exercise pple... it was their bad bad attitude that totally turned me off of any facial exercise. i avoid negative pple and their influence in real life and on this forum. until, recently on another thread, a link was posted that eventually lead me to carole. so i sat on you tube watching numerous interviews.

no only does she have beautiful features but she seems like a strong working woman. a professional, independent woman, trying her best, with a good attitude... this is something i admire.Very Happy but the poor doll, does look like she's working too hard.

anyways, that's how i got here onto this thread. i'm a gadget junkie and also doing the tanaka massage...but would also love to incorporate some facial exercises and stretching, as i believe these are all beneficial. i probably won't do them all at the same time...but i'm a collector... and love switching up my routine.

again, thank you aprile for you detailed response. another fab EDS member!

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
Aprile, just to explain, I'm not against Facercise and still do one or two exercises from it - was simply sharing my own personal experiences. I ordered the new one after reading comments on how good it was from people (such as yourself) and wanted to see how different it was in comparison to the other (I had the basic) after hearing such good reviews about it. I still do her nose shortener exercise which I absolutely adore and love (neither Ageless nor FE have anything similiar).

I'm not bashing Facercise at all, and have read some great things from others about it but think that I shouldn't be subjected to nasty comments like this thread seems to be doing. I'm just speaking up to say it wasn't completely for me thats all - I'm sure this will be perfect for other ladies out there. I've never been happy completely with any one program - and I know that many of us do mix and match programs after reading comments from others in threads like this, or even learning little tips - like you gave with the nl exercise as thats one I still struggle with but have been feeling differences since following your tips.

aprile wrote:
TheresaMary,

I find it interesting that you would order the new DVD if you were not at all happy with the Facercise program when you tried it once before. I also noticed that you use FlexEffect and Ageless. Just saying, not sure why you would want to be using all of those programs at the same time, particularly if you were already so happy with the Flex or Ageless program. (I could see you picking some exercises from one program and some from another.) One of the things that I have noticed by watching the models perform the exercises on the new Ultimate Facercise DVD is that, even as a long-time Facerciser, I was holding my mouth in the wrong position when performing many of the exercises. The way you hold your mouth will most definitely affect your results because you won't be targeting the muscle correctly. For instance during the face filler (widener) exercise. She has you hold your mouth by making a small mouth, not a like a smile. This targets the muscles differently and has produced better results for me. Even though I had my own personal cassette tape, I didn't see it visually, so I was doing it wrong. So seeing it performed on the DVD made all the difference for me! That is why it is very difficult to just go out and get a $12 book and expect to get the best possible results with any program. I think anyone looking for a facial exercise program would be very pleased with this new DVD. Not only are the exercises easy to learn, perform and take very little time, you will see results. Muscles build over time so be aware of the subtle, yet positive changes that are occurring along the way. Be patient and encouraged because you will see more and more positive results over time. All the best, Aprile

Ilina, I've never said I don't believe in Facercise and surely as I have purchased it am I not entitled to share my experience? Isn't that what the forum is for - feedback whether good or bad to help others make their own decisions?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |