Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Carole Maggio Facercise
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
xixixi

Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi April, I just started learning facersize. From what I see there are many ways of doing the same exercise, which means that the technique can be different. For example I noticed when I do eye lids strengthening exercises, I also feel strain in my nasolabial area. Is it normal? Nasolabial folds is my major concern, that is why I am a bit worried. Also I have a question concerning exercise on nasolabial area (I am also following the thread about nasolabial folds). Am I supposed to make my lips extend a bit forward when doing them? You mentioned that rather than using chin to do the exercise we should use our cheek muscles. However for me it works when I pout a bit while making big O. Is that normal? Or I might as well build monkey mouth?
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hello xixixi

What I would say about facial exercises in general is that when performing certain exercises, other muscles may become engaged. So while I perform the eye opener exercise, I sometimes feel it in my jaw area. I think that is because of the way I hold my mouth. If I relax my mouth more, I don't feel it as much in the jaw. Now as far as holding your mouth in a different way during the nasal labial plumper exercise, I would not do that. The exercise was intended to hold your mouth in a long narrow "O". You don't want a BIG "O" as then you would not feel the burn along the nasal labial fold. So you should be keeping you upper lip pressed down against your teeth. When you pull your upper and lower lip away from each other strongly, your cheek muscles can become engaged. That is not a bad thing. If you keep your face in this position, you should be feeling it along the nasal labial, even without the visualization of the energy moving slowly from the mouth corners to the nose corners and back again. If you push your face forward and your shoulders back, you will feel it even more. Once you trace the energy with your fingers, along the nasal labial lines, you will feel it even more. I hope this answers your question. If not, let me know and I'll cut and paste the directions for the Nasal Labial Plumper. Take care, Aprile
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
I recently bought this http://cgi.ebay.com/Japan-Nose-Up-Clip-Lifting-Shaping-Clip-Clipper-No-Pain_W0QQitemZ220563580899QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item335a9d27e3

it was a dollar - its a little uncomfortable and i wore it for about a week and then stopped.

What do you guys think???
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
Hello xixixi

What I would say about facial exercises in general is that when performing certain exercises, other muscles may become engaged. So while I perform the eye opener exercise, I sometimes feel it in my jaw area. I think that is because of the way I hold my mouth. If I relax my mouth more, I don't feel it as much in the jaw. Now as far as holding your mouth in a different way during the nasal labial plumper exercise, I would not do that. The exercise was intended to hold your mouth in a long narrow "O". You don't want a BIG "O" as then you would not feel the burn along the nasal labial fold. So you should be keeping you upper lip pressed down against your teeth. When you pull your upper and lower lip away from each other strongly, your cheek muscles can become engaged. That is not a bad thing. If you keep your face in this position, you should be feeling it along the nasal labial, even without the visualization of the energy moving slowly from the mouth corners to the nose corners and back again. If you push your face forward and your shoulders back, you will feel it even more. Once you trace the energy with your fingers, along the nasal labial lines, you will feel it even more. I hope this answers your question. If not, let me know and I'll cut and paste the directions for the Nasal Labial Plumper. Take care, Aprile

Great directions Aprile. I could certainly feel it.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:38 am      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
Hello xixixi

Thank you Aprile! I have tried to follow your instructions in front of a mirror. I think it works!
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Glad to be of help! I really think if you utilize the body posturing along with the visualization, you will start to see results with this exercise. Again, remember that there are 57 muscles of the face and they all work synergistically. So, sometimes you will feel it in different areas of the face while performing say the eye exercise, you could feel it in the jaw area. This is not a bad thing, it's completely fine and normal. That being said, you should always maintain proper form to get the most out of the exercises. Take care, Aprile Smile
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:08 am      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
Can facial exercises really straighten a nose?

I'm getting rhinoplasty soon and the surgeon has told me my nose was probably injured at one point as it's slightly bent and he has to realign the bone. Exercises will change muscle but not bone, surely? I realise everyone's nose is different but it seems a tad unlikely.

I'd also like to hear other exercisers views on this (even experiences from other programmes) as it's a pretty grand statement to make! I'll be very impressed if exercises do work. Forgive my scepticism.

I would love to see pictures, Aprile?

Hi ljk,

So it's not only the very tip of the nose that's made of cartilage, but actually roughly HALF of the nose is made of cartilage!

If you palpate the side of your nose, starting near the eyes, you will feel a "line/ridge" where the nasal bone stops and cartilage begins. Everything below that is cartilage, muscle, and other tissue--no bone.

The great news is that cartilage is indeed malleable, at least somewhat. It is known to grow with age, and it is known that it can definitely be stretched. For example, some cultures put hoops in the cartilage of the ear and increase the size of the hoop over time, expanding the cartilage.

Carole's nose exercise is designed with the opposite goal: to compress the cartilage in the nose. My sister and I both had fast-growing cartilage in our noses and noticed our noses growing in our early to mid-twenties. She eventually opted for two plastic surgeries--and while her nose is somewhat smaller, she is not any more or less happy with it. I, on the other hand, having heard of Facercise two years earlier, started at the age of 22 to do Carole's nose shortener exercise. Within a few weeks, my nose had gotten a bit smaller at the tip and also bit narrower above the wings, and the results were obvious based on photos (sorry, I don't have them anymore, as they were on my photo IDs that I had while living abroad), even to my boyfriend, who usually doesn't see any differences. For the following few years, I did the nose shortener on and off, and for the past 1.5 years, I've been doing it regularly. My nose has not grown in length, and I am very happy with that. I have a few friends my age who also have fast growing nose cartilage--I've noticed quite a range in growth rates among people--and it just reminds me how grateful I am for Carole's nose shortener exercise. I really do think that Carole was a genius for developing this exercise!

But after that enthusiastic initial review, let me insert some realism and talk about caution, just to give anyone reading this thread the appropriate dose of realism. One, the amount of change for most people is probably not going to be miraculous, i.e., it's not going to give you the nose of your dreams. Two, if your cartilage has grown a lot already, you may have to be very aggressive in remodeling your nose cartilage to get the results you want and/or while you can definitely improve your nose, you might actually not be able to make your nose as small as you want it. Three, by compressing the tip of your nose, you may be encouraging the nose tip to be shorter, but also perhaps a bit more bulbous in shape. Carole has a tip for addressing this, while includes pinching the nose right above the nostrils, while doing the nose shortener exercise. Four, while I *love* Carole's nose exercise and it is my favorite Facercise exercise (and yes, neither FlexEffect, nor Ageless, nor any other facial exercise program that I know has such an exercise or directly addresses the cartilage in tip of the nose), it does not address all areas of the nose. Another very important area of the nose that impacts how big it looks is the tissue on either side of the bridge of the nose. Building up this tissue where the cheek meets the side of the nose considerably de-emphasizes the nose, including any bend in the nose. Both FlexEffect and Ageless have exercises that address this (while Facercise does not), although I like FlexEffect's exercise for this area better.

Okay, long rambling aside, Carole's nose exercise is mostly going to help the bottom 1/3 or 1/4 of the nose, and FlexEffect/Ageless's nose exercises will help with the side of the nose, the nostrils (FE only), and the muscle on top of the bridge of the nose. As for the actual bridge of the nose itself, you could also try to compress the nose by pushing on the part of it that is cartilage. If part of the bend is due to cartilage, then you might be able to get enough change in the nose by trying to re-shape it by pressing on the cartilage. Of course, if you do this, please be very careful, as it is also possible to create a shape that is worse off than what you started with, if you push on it in the wrong way. I don't want to be responsible for any nose disasters, so please attempt this only at your own risk. However, if the bend is mostly/entirely in the bone area of the nose, then yes, plastic surgery is probably the only way to go.

Personally, I've broken my nose 3 times and have a bump on the bridge of my nose from it but no crookedness, fortunately. My bump appears to be split, with half on the cartilage side and half on the bone side of the nose. I probably will never opt for plastic surgery to correct the broken bone (it's not that bad), but I do plan to experiment this year with pressing more aggressively on the cartilage in the middle of my nose. But I haven't gotten to experimenting with this yet. If I have significant success with this, I will definitely post about it here Smile

Anyhow, I hope all this helps you assess what your options are and whether you definitely need plastic surgery to fix the crookedness or whether you might be able to address part or all of the crookedness through cartilage manipulation. I think the key is to figure out how much of the bend is in bone and how much in cartilage--then you will know whether you need to go the plastic surgery route or whether cartilage manipulation is a possibility. You can significantly increase the appeal of your nose through cartilage manipulation (e.g., nose shortener exercise) and by de-emphasizing it by building up muscle and tissue on the side of the nose where the nose meets the cheeks, but there are limitations and clearly any issues that arise in bone definitely need to be addressed via plastic surgery. And regardless of whether you do opt for plastic surgery, long-term, I personally think that to keep one's nose looking good even after surgery, nose and cheek muscle exercises and the nose shortener exercise are a great idea.

HTH and good luck! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:24 am      Reply with quote
I personally am really curious as to if its called Nose Shortener then there should be some evidence of it doing so. Whilst its still one of the few facercise exercises I do, and I have read all the detailed comments here, I don't think I have actually seen any photographic evidence of someone's nose actually becoming shortened as a result of doing that particular exercise.

I disagree with CM though, I found one of FlexEffects exercise Nose Lift to really have an effect on my nose, and it clears my sinuses big time each time I do it (another one of my many old 50 year plus lady problems I had coming on). I've always had a wide nose, and am no hero when it comes to pain, but have been viewing a device recently thats getting a lot of press that is guaranteed to decrease the size of the nose:

http://www.nosehuggies.com

What I would really love to see is some close of photos of people before doing that particular exercise with a measurement of their noses and an after photo after a few weeks showing the measurement and a noticeable decrease in the size of the nose.

I'm also a little more skepitcal now in facial exercise programs. While I do sometimes see differences, I wish there was more scientific proof of positive changes happening, maybe infrared photos showing muscle grwoth/build and can't understand why there are none especially as there are so many programs out there nowadays.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:32 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
I disagree with CM though, I found one of FlexEffects exercise Nose Lift to really have an effect on my nose, and it clears my sinuses big time each time I do it (another one of my many old 50 year plus lady problems I had coming on).

Hey TheresaMary Smile What thing were you disagreeing with? Sorry, I didn't follow what you were disagreeing with and would love to hear your perspective, too. TIA Smile

And yes, Nose Lift was the great FlexEffect exercise that I was referring to as being particularly beneficial for building up tissue on the side of the nose and de-emphasizing it...I probably should have mentioned that exercise by name.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
CM ~ I would LOVE to see your comments about this particular device. Personally, I sincerely doubt this device could produce the results in these photos. Indeed the photos appear to be the result of plastic surgery, NOT a $24.99 device. Come on Theresa Mary ~ you've got to admit these photos are comical at best! Not that I wouldn't like it if something like that worked, as I myself have a bump I'd love to have straightened, but that is bone not cartilage, and nothing except a Rhinoplasty would fix it!! Wishful thinking.. Laughing Take good care, Aprile
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
you've got to admit these photos are comical at best!

I needed a laugh today; the blue contraption looks lethal. Can't imagine sleeping in it, that's for sure.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
When you mentioned the nostrils I thought you were referring to the flare one, so thats my misunderstanding.

I meant that Nose Lift would effect the nose appearance, (as for me its done wonders and although it works only the sides of the nose) its worked the skin to plump up around the nose itself. Its difficult to explain but I think Cathy called it webbing. I know some years ago, I spotted a photo from my late 40's where the sides of my nose and particularly where the cheek meets the nose had become for want of a better word boney and thin, but the noselift exercise seems to have filled that area out entirely for me and created a kind of filling in so the boney element isn't so visible any longer.

Aprile - I don't know if that device is such a joke (its been featured on a nother forum and used by many members there who I trust), as its been discussed already that the nose is a mix of bone, cartlidge as well as muscles. So I can see that a device that is designed with manipulating cartlidge could achieve such a result? I've ordered one (it comes with a guarantee and at that price its a steal) so I'll let you know.

Carole's exercise is entitled Nose Shortener isn't it and I have yet to see any photographic proof that it can live up to its name as yet (but I still do it nonetheless, but I'm getting skeptical as if its helped so many people why isn't there proper photographic proof as yet?).
cm5597 wrote:
Hey TheresaMary Smile What thing were you disagreeing with? Sorry, I didn't follow what you were disagreeing with and would love to hear your perspective, too. TIA Smile

And yes, Nose Lift was the great FlexEffect exercise that I was referring to as being particularly beneficial for building up tissue on the side of the nose and de-emphasizing it...I probably should have mentioned that exercise by name.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
No more comical than the before and afters of facercise Laughing
Hermosa wrote:
aprile wrote:
you've got to admit these photos are comical at best!

I needed a laugh today; the blue contraption looks lethal. Can't imagine sleeping in it, that's for sure.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary,

Please don't take offense. Hey if it works out for you, great ~ let us know. It's just that when they show before & after photos that look like the women had rhinoplasty, it looks like a bogus product. Not to mention that the device itself is really funny looking and has an even funnier name! What's next a bunion tamer? I'd like one of those too! Yes, the nose is comprised of cartilage that can be manipulated somewhat. But removing a bump which is bone, umm I don't believe that is possible without surgery no matter what the women on that other forum say. Carole's Nose Shortener exercise helps a nose that has become "flabby" and therefore flattened and widened at the tip by toning the muscles in the nose and somewhat shortening and reshaping the nose. But we're not talking results akin to rhinoplasty, unless it was a minor surgery that was just for refining the nose. As for the before & after photos not being available. I don’t know of a lot of people who would be willing to share before & afters of their faces, much less their noses. I feel it’s very generous when people do share their photos like those on the Facercise, Flex Effect or other facial exercise program sites. As for the photos on the Facercise site being laughable, well you are entitled to your opinion. But, for the record, they are only taken 5 days apart. I would not even expect the results to be super dramatic in that short period of time. It's all about having realistic expectations. Good luck with the nosehuggies Smile Take care, Aprile
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
When you mentioned the nostrils I thought you were referring to the flare one, so thats my misunderstanding.

I meant that Nose Lift would effect the nose appearance, (as for me its done wonders and although it works only the sides of the nose) its worked the skin to plump up around the nose itself. Its difficult to explain but I think Cathy called it webbing. I know some years ago, I spotted a photo from my late 40's where the sides of my nose and particularly where the cheek meets the nose had become for want of a better word boney and thin, but the noselift exercise seems to have filled that area out entirely for me and created a kind of filling in so the boney element isn't so visible any longer.

Aprile - I don't know if that device is such a joke (its been featured on a nother forum and used by many members there who I trust), as its been discussed already that the nose is a mix of bone, cartlidge as well as muscles. So I can see that a device that is designed with manipulating cartlidge could achieve such a result? I've ordered one (it comes with a guarantee and at that price its a steal) so I'll let you know.

Carole's exercise is entitled Nose Shortener isn't it and I have yet to see any photographic proof that it can live up to its name as yet (but I still do it nonetheless, but I'm getting skeptical as if its helped so many people why isn't there proper photographic proof as yet?).
cm5597 wrote:

Oh, yes, I do the FlexEffect Nose Flare and Bridge of Nose exercises (FE 2nd edition exercises), but the one for the sides of the nose, Nose Lift, I agree is particularly great, as you say Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:50 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:

That's useful, I saw the ebay contraption and my first thought was, if I knew it existed I'd have worn it back at puberty right up til now (I'm not kidding!).

Building up the muscles to plump up the skin sounds pretty reasonable, it was more the straightening a wonky nose idea I was sceptical about. My nose has a bump, a bony bridge and is slightly bent (doesn't it sound just lovely) Smile I would post pictures but I recoil just looking at them myself! The surgeon actually said he would make it look "more normal" (I don't think it's that bad, perhaps the language barrier), but I did think, "ouch".

I haven't looked at this thread for a few days, cm5597, just noticed your very detailed reply. It's very kind of you, and very interesting.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:35 am      Reply with quote
Sorry Aprile, I realised I was being a little overly sensitive when rereading. I know what you mean re photos, but if the bump on the nose is cartlidge, then as you say it can be manipulated.

The before and afters on those websites you mentioned I'm skeptical of too. Even Tanaka photos I spotted a little while ago as being obviously false in some ways as the afters had makeup, lighting etc in different places (not to mention different hairstyles). I also take on board your point about facercise photos, but the ones that are in the book to me look a little gimick by nature. For example one woman is in her before photos sitting hunched, and then in the after with a straight back. I've no doubt that if I did the same, I could produce a before/after photo that showed changes, but showing real physical changes is not something that I can notice in the ones in the book I have. I agree with you its generous of people to share their photos, but thats the point I was making. With Nose Shortener, they could even do a cropped picture to show the nose length changes if the exercise did such a thing. I can believe it probably prevent the muscles atrophying, but to actually shorten the nose - I'm sorry if that were the case then there would be some sort of scientific proof in my mind. Its not just Facercise I'm doubting now, I've heard similar things with many programs, and on closer inspection the photos don't reveal much changes. For example, its comical to me to see in after shots, the person is smiling which of course lifts everything up, compared with their frowning in the before photos.

Maybe I'm being too skeptical - who knows, but surely with a small exercise like Nose Shortener there would be some sort of documented proof if it really did that wouldn't there?

aprile wrote:
TheresaMary,

Please don't take offense. Hey if it works out for you, great ~ let us know. It's just that when they show before & after photos that look like the women had rhinoplasty, it looks like a bogus product. Not to mention that the device itself is really funny looking and has an even funnier name! What's next a bunion tamer? I'd like one of those too! Yes, the nose is comprised of cartilage that can be manipulated somewhat. But removing a bump which is bone, umm I don't believe that is possible without surgery no matter what the women on that other forum say. Carole's Nose Shortener exercise helps a nose that has become "flabby" and therefore flattened and widened at the tip by toning the muscles in the nose and somewhat shortening and reshaping the nose. But we're not talking results akin to rhinoplasty, unless it was a minor surgery that was just for refining the nose. As for the before & after photos not being available. I don’t know of a lot of people who would be willing to share before & afters of their faces, much less their noses. I feel it’s very generous when people do share their photos like those on the Facercise, Flex Effect or other facial exercise program sites. As for the photos on the Facercise site being laughable, well you are entitled to your opinion. But, for the record, they are only taken 5 days apart. I would not even expect the results to be super dramatic in that short period of time. It's all about having realistic expectations. Good luck with the nosehuggies Smile Take care, Aprile
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:27 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary ~ I really think with the advent of photo shop and other programs to manipulate photos; we've all become very skeptical. Yes, I believe that cartilage can be remolded somewhat. But, I really don’t think that a nose bump is comprised mainly of cartilage. I think its bone which is the reason for so many rhinoplasty procedures. When you press down on that area, it's hard not soft and malleable like cartilage, no? But again, with facial exercises for the nose it's really all about expectation. Like CM said if you are realistic about the expectation, then you will see some improvement. But, you would need to continue doing the exercises to maintain results. That site, actually states you don't need to continue to use the device after achieving results. That goes against common sense to me because the nose does grow the length of its life so it could go back. Honestly, I know some people who've had rhinoplasty surgery and their noses still grew (sagged at the tip and widened as well). As you saw ljk said she was reluctant to share her photos. I believe others are reluctant as well. The focus of the Facercise program is all about creating balance and symmetry ~ not necessarily working on one specific area of the face, such as the nose. But, as far as photos being believable, you may or may not like the presentation. The photos in the book are also taken only 5 days apart. Again, you can't expect miracles in five days; those results are going to be more subtle. But, you do know that exercising the body works, so in theory exercising the face should work as well. You have to have to be consistent, use proper form, be patient and have a little faith. These things all play a part in your overall outcome. All the best, Aprile
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:07 am      Reply with quote
I have a good picture which shows my nose (and my ears Shock) straight on, I can always blank out my eyes and not be such a baby Laughing

http://tinypic.com/r/124bk3b/6
http://tinypic.com/r/oi7nds/6 (side view)

One thing I noticed post-op (I had some procedures in November) was that my nose did look better. (I had browlift, facelift, the purpose cutting down my jowly cheeks than correcting sag), lower bleph and fat graft lip augmentation; skin strips stitched into my lips). I told myself it was probably my new swollen lips making everything more balanced, silly really. Looking at pics it must be swelling round my nose, the bridge looks less noticeable. One friend said it didn't look like me for a while!

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:54 am      Reply with quote
I should point out the pics I've linked to are about a month ago; once the swelling had completely gone. I healed super-fast and only went yellow; the swelling was pretty minimal anyway.

I told the surgeon to give me a "pretty nose", though I know there are limits, hehe Confused

aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
ljk ~ I think all of your features look in perfect balance. I would not change a thing! If you want to try the nose shortener exercise for toning purposes, you might be able to narrow & shorten the tip a bit. Like I said before, expectations should be realistic though and would not be what a rhinoplasty could do. But, honestly, I don't think you need one!! Take good care, Aprile
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ljk,

wow, the first thing I noticed was how amazing your skin is!

What kind of facelift did you have (mid,lower etc)? it looks really natural,

Jackie xx
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
My skin texture isn't great, honestly, the first photo is a more honest representation. The 2nd is post-TCA when still a bit tight.

The surgeon said it was an SMAS lift; there's the classical scar at my temple, behind my ear, to the back of my neck at the hairline. My cheeks looked as if I had marbles in my mouth when I smiled and I hated them!

I was unhappy with the browlift results (very subtle change) but I've been told my "veins" when I smile (a la Angelina Jolie) are impossible to get rid of. So I use the Vaculift hoping that thickening the skin will make it less noticeable.

My long list below tells you all the things I do. The only thing I don't do regularly is the Dermaroller (I have 0.25mm and 1.5mm; the short needles irritated my skin almost as much as the 1.5mm; the 1.5mm is still uncomfortable even with EMLA). About 4x spaced out every few months (3x with shorter needles) and didn't notice much. Admittedly, that's not exactly a lot.

The bleph actually replaced one problem with another; hollow eyes instead of bags now..though I suppose that's the price of vanity Cool

The CP Serum I didn't stick with, either Embarassed

Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ljk,

do you do alot of TCA peels ? I tried 12% once, and just flaked. MY skin didn't look like yours,

Jackie xx
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Don't want to hijack this thread (!), I went into detail about my TCA plan here: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=518609

Also, I've been using sunscreen face and body since my early 20s (never a sun-worshipper, typical Scottish skin) so that may have helped.

System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |