Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Carole Maggio Facercise
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Is the purpose of the nose transformer to shorten your nose? Can someone please tell me why Carole asks you to lick your lips and blow your horn after each exercise? I am really curious. Is it a stress reliever? Thank you.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
She has you lick your lips and blow out to relax the muscles of the face and release the lactic acid buildup.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Aprile - she only does this on the longer version - are you supposed to do it in the 8 minutes set as well?
I thought it was for the lactic acid build-up but wasn't sure how necessary. Thanks.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
I was wondering if it was for reducing the lactic acid build up. I asked this same question about a week ago and no one seemed to know. The DVD does not mention the reason for doing this. Thank you Aprile. I appreciate the help.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 2:01 am      Reply with quote
I was thinking exactly the same thing Sis, so thanks for mentioning.

I'm still trying to do Facercise to get some of these benefits, but so far the only one I can really say with certainly I feel is the lip plumper one. I don't do it with the lip turned under, as I prefer the former one and that works a treat with doing the three spots. I have the old advanced facercise dvd and that actually has you doing the centre of the lip, a gap on either side of that centre point and then the mouth corners and alternate it between that and the ultimate one. The others I don't get but I'm determined to practice them to see if anything happens but I figure a couple of months will be sufficient time to decide then if its a no go, its a no go.
sister sweets wrote:
Aprile - she only does this on the longer version - are you supposed to do it in the 8 minutes set as well?
I thought it was for the lactic acid build-up but wasn't sure how necessary. Thanks.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 5:47 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:

I'm still trying to do Facercise to get some of these benefits, but so far the only one I can really say with certainly I feel is the lip plumper one. I don't do it with the lip turned under, as I prefer the former one and that works a treat with doing the three spots. I have the old advanced facercise dvd and that actually has you doing the centre of the lip, a gap on either side of that centre point and then the mouth corners and alternate it between that and the ultimate one. The others I don't get but I'm determined to practice them to see if anything happens but I figure a couple of months will be sufficient time to decide then if its a no go, its a no go.
sister sweets wrote:

I told myself I'd give it 90 days. That should be a sufficient amount of time to know if it's working or not.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 6:27 am      Reply with quote
So great minds think alike. I know they all seem to say you got to give it a year, but I figured 3 months is sufficient time to see if its doing anything or not that I can see.

skincarefreak wrote:
TheresaMary wrote:

sister sweets wrote:

I told myself I'd give it 90 days. That should be a sufficient amount of time to know if it's working or not.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah. I don't think you need a year. I think 90 days would be a good amount of time. Very Happy
lipper
5% products discount

Wed May 05, 2010 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:

I'm still trying to do Facercise to get some of these benefits, but so far the only one I can really say with certainly I feel is the lip plumper one. I don't do it with the lip turned under, as I prefer the former one and that works a treat with doing the three spots. I have the old advanced facercise dvd and that actually has you doing the centre of the lip, a gap on either side of that centre point and then the mouth corners and alternate it between that and the ultimate one.

Sorry could you explain this, the three spots? I have the 1995 book, is this what you are referring to? I am thinking of doing Ultimate but not curling the lip under while doing it. Right now I do both Facercise and Ageless lip exercises. That's probably not wise to do both, because you don't know which one is working, if any.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
lipper wrote:
TheresaMary wrote:

I'm still trying to do Facercise to get some of these benefits, but so far the only one I can really say with certainly I feel is the lip plumper one. I don't do it with the lip turned under, as I prefer the former one and that works a treat with doing the three spots. I have the old advanced facercise dvd and that actually has you doing the centre of the lip, a gap on either side of that centre point and then the mouth corners and alternate it between that and the ultimate one.

Sorry could you explain this, the three spots? I have the 1995 book, is this what you are referring to? I am thinking of doing Ultimate but not curling the lip under while doing it. Right now I do both Facercise and Ageless lip exercises. That's probably not wise to do both, because you don't know which one is working, if any.

Lipper,

I see things differently, I think as long as things are working I don't need to know exactly which one is working. If both exercises work for you then, I say do them. I don't think they work against each other.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
In the "old" lip ex. is the mouth position the same?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 1:49 am      Reply with quote
Its hard to describe, but no the mouth position isn't the same, in that you turn it under, its simply pressing the lips together.

To better explain, its the advanced facercise dvd that it was on, not in the book. You start with a ball in the middle of the lip as per the ultimate dvd, and then you have another two balls in the centre of that gap from that middle ball to the mouth corner and you do two balls there, and then you do a final two balls at both mouth corners. Does that better describe it. You probably need to see the ultimate dvd for it to make better sense.

I think like skincarefreak says, if they are working for you - keep doing them. There's no one size fits all out there!

sister sweets wrote:
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Its hard to describe, but no the mouth position isn't the same, in that you turn it under, its simply pressing the lips together.

To better explain, its the advanced facercise dvd that it was on, not in the book. You start with a ball in the middle of the lip as per the ultimate dvd, and then you have another two balls in the centre of that gap from that middle ball to the mouth corner and you do two balls there, and then you do a final two balls at both mouth corners. Does that better describe it. You probably need to see the ultimate dvd for it to make better sense.

I think like skincarefreak says, if they are working for you - keep doing them. There's no one size fits all out there!

sister sweets wrote:

I have the ultimate facercise. I was just wondering how it differed form the other. Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
Two days ago, I had a co-worker ask me if I am in love. I asked her why and she said that I've been glowing. I can say that I am not in love Crying or Very sad so it has to be the facercise, because other than copper peptides, I haven't been able to get that glow with skincare. Very Happy
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 07, 2010 11:53 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

Sis ~ she has you lick your lips and blow out on the 8 min. Super Set as well. There may be a few exercises where she doesn't have you do that, but mostly she does. It's important to relax the muscles in between the exercises.

HTH,
Aprile
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 07, 2010 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
She doesn't mention to lick your lips and blow during the 8 minute set on the CD - She does mention during the longer version but I guess You're just supposed to know that you should. Unless I have a different CD than you Aprile?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 08, 2010 8:42 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
She doesn't mention to lick your lips and blow during the 8 minute set on the CD - She does mention during the longer version but I guess You're just supposed to know that you should. Unless I have a different CD than you Aprile?

Hi Sis,

I made sure to listen carefully while doing the 8-min. super set cd last night and she does mention after each exercise to relax and blow or lick your lips and blow. So...not sure. I can't imagine she has different cd's because they are mass produced in a run.

Take care,

Aprile
Diega36

Sat May 08, 2010 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Hello,
I have the older version of Facercise; eventually, I will order the newest version...Those of you who have used both Facercise editions, do you have a preference to the newer one vs. older Facercise? Should I just wait to start Facercise until I can order the the new one? I have only used the previous edition of Facercise for a short time a while back, but I thought that I noticed an improvement in the eye area. (My eyes looked larger, more alert, less tired). I am 36, and my biggest concern is the nasolabial fold area. I am considering fillers for that area, but would prefer to give facial exercises a try first. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Very Happy --diega36
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 08, 2010 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Diega,

I like the newer version much better. However, that being said if money is tight, resume the older version. The nasal labial area is a pretty quick fix if you do the exercise slower than the original version because you feel the burn quicker. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Aprile
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 08, 2010 8:58 am      Reply with quote
I prefer the older version simply as Carole herself does the exercises, wheressa in Ultimate, she has models doing it. I also find that she seems to be wearing a lot of makeup in the ultimate (sorry thats not going to make me popular but you must have noticed) and her hands look very arthritic to me when they're on camera so it makes me wonder a bit about the method, but that said both are good productions in my mind.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 08, 2010 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Theresa Mary,

Its not that it makes you unpopular to make personall comments about whether she's wearing too much makeup, etc., it just doesn't really make any sense in terms of the discussion. Some feel it's better having the models perform the exercises, while she explains because it's less distracting that way. It's really a matter of personal preference. But her makeup and hands have no bearing on the overall quality of the program. Best regards, Aprile
Diega36

Sat May 08, 2010 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Aprile and TheresaMary,
I appreciate your feedback. I am going to start Facercise with the older version and then maybe upgrade in about a month. I've put myself on a cosmetic budget so I can save $$$ for nasolabial fillers, such as juvederm or restylane, but I'm so leery of fillers and hope to find a cheaper, natural solution.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 08, 2010 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Diega,

You are rather young, so I believe you will see results fairlly quickly even with the older version of the program. Remember, do the exrecises twice daily! Btw, one thing she has yo do in the Ultimate program is posturing. During each exercise, push your face forward and your shoulders back. This increases the resistance and gets you better results. Again, if you have any questions, please let me know and I will be happy to help. Best regards, Aprile
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 08, 2010 10:22 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
I prefer the older version simply as Carole herself does the exercises, wheressa in Ultimate, she has models doing it. I also find that she seems to be wearing a lot of makeup in the ultimate (sorry thats not going to make me popular but you must have noticed) and her hands look very arthritic to me when they're on camera so it makes me wonder a bit about the method, but that said both are good productions in my mind.

Hi TheresaMary,

I'm just curious...why do you think her hands being arthritic impact the program? I would see your point if it had to do with hand exercises however, she is dealing with facercise. Please know, I am not trying to give you a hard time...I'd just like to get your take on your thinking regarding that issue.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 08, 2010 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Back in the day;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9202U2JCIQ&feature=related

And in 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zga_eQc3uxc&feature=related

A few questions;

1.) Where did all the loose skin of the lower face go? Especially the entire NL/ML areas.

2.) Isn't it a given that with advancing age we lose facial volume, and gravity pulls everything downward? In any event, I think it's a physical impossibility to have more volume and muscle mass (especially the cheeks) if one were to rely solely on facial exercise as she claims.

3.) Her mouth is twice the size in the 2008 video, and to my eyes her manner of speech is awkward and impaired.

4.) Her eye shape is totally different, where did the hooded skin go?

5.) Could the reason she isn't personally doing the exercises on the latest video be that she doesn't want to disturb all those fillers? (Only MHO!!!)

6.) Does anybody honestly believe she isn't *filled* to the brim with what not (for starters?)

Please know that I don't want to ruffle any feathers in this thread, and I think it's great that so many benefit from facial exercise, but can any of you honestly say that you've enjoyed the same *facelift + filler* look that Carole seems to have enjoyed, by simply doing facial exercises? Are other 62+ year olds having the same transformation?

When are some of these exercise guru's going to come clean and be honest for once? Why is it just everybody else, that seems to need an *arsenal* of weaponry?

Again, I apologize for any followers I will no doubt upset, but this has been a bone of contention with me for years, and I just had to let it out. And yes, I have every exercise program, and my 1st was Carole's 1st book. The only benefit I derived from any of it, is from the increased circulation it brings to the skin... But I'm not foolish enough to believe that my cheeks and lips will double in size, my nose will get shorter, all lines will be erased, my jaw will be more sculpted than it was 25 years ago, NL + ML areas will be completely (and unnaturally gone)and that my eyes will be higher, wider and firmer than they *ever* were in my youth.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |