Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Carole Maggio Facercise
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
happygolucky
5% products discount

Sat May 08, 2010 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
I believe it. I've done her program and it really does what it promises....

and w her advanced program i think you are seeing how it can transform your face.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 08, 2010 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy,

Is there a facial exercise program that you do believe in or do you think they all are hype?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 09, 2010 2:31 am      Reply with quote
Aprile

I disagree re the makeup and believe its very much part of whats being discussed here.

Whilst I do think she has a good face, I do not see if her exercises were so effective that the need for makeup would be necessary (but recognise this is just my opinion).

I think that people who are watching the dvd might not realise that there is makeup on her skin, and so will be under the impression that they can get a simliar look - which of course is not likely to happen.

The hands comment is just again my personal opinion, and I'm not discrediting her program or her, its just something that I have noticed, and I've since received PM's from others mentioning it also. She's not alone with the hands, I mean Deb of FlexEffect doesn't have youn hands either, so I suppose its something I was kind of noticing about face exercisers, whether those that work their faces simply end up having bad hands as a result, or if its just that they neglect their hands?

I think though its important to point out in both the beginners and advanced original dvd, she was demoing the exercises but had recorded a track of her doing the count etc and explaining them. BTW in the Superset on my dvd it doesn't have her blowing or doing the lactic acid release, although its on the cd.
aprile wrote:
Theresa Mary,

Its not that it makes you unpopular to make personall comments about whether she's wearing too much makeup, etc., it just doesn't really make any sense in terms of the discussion. Some feel it's better having the models perform the exercises, while she explains because it's less distracting that way. It's really a matter of personal preference. But her makeup and hands have no bearing on the overall quality of the program. Best regards, Aprile
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 09, 2010 2:35 am      Reply with quote
No problem at all. Its not that I think her hands would impact the program, its just something I have begun taking notice of myself. She's not the only one either. I have both the latest FlexEffect and notice that Deb's hands are really old looking. She's got that beautiful face, but when she puts her hands to her face they look like they belong to a different person. I guess I'm just curious as to if there is nothing that can be done for the hands, or why these antiaging experts haven't done something about these areas.

I mean the face is what they openly focus on, but you know when it comes to appearance, its not just our faces and necks that give away our ages, its also the hands and I guess I'm just wondering why they haven't done anything about this area themselves and curious as to if its simply that their stuff doesn't work on the hands, or if they just don't believe in the hands, or what. Its kind of an open question that I've just started noticing recently thats all and by no means am I rubbishing their programs because of their hands, just curious mind thats all!
skincarefreak wrote:
TheresaMary wrote:
I prefer the older version simply as Carole herself does the exercises, wheressa in Ultimate, she has models doing it. I also find that she seems to be wearing a lot of makeup in the ultimate (sorry thats not going to make me popular but you must have noticed) and her hands look very arthritic to me when they're on camera so it makes me wonder a bit about the method, but that said both are good productions in my mind.

Hi TheresaMary,

I'm just curious...why do you think her hands being arthritic impact the program? I would see your point if it had to do with hand exercises however, she is dealing with facercise. Please know, I am not trying to give you a hard time...I'd just like to get your take on your thinking regarding that issue.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 09, 2010 2:45 am      Reply with quote
Kassy brilliant post. I think CM (not Carole Maggio but a poster on here called CM) mentioned that in a previous thread that some of the changes she noticed she thought might be due to hormones (and she stated good arguments for both Deb Crowley and Carole Maggios changes).

I know what your saying in 2. and agree with you, but from what I've read although you can't gain more volume, you can gain back some (but there's little science evidence in this statement for my liking). With Carole though I think she always says its about her skincare line, but to me, it looks like there is a lot of makeup in the most recent stuff (but hey I did makeup back in the 80's and still have friends in the business, who I showed her pics to and they all said she was had obviously had someone do her makeup. The book is the best argument for this, particularly the lip liner in my opinion.

3.) CM said the same thing re her speech, but I don't think I'm understanding that fully but there's definitely a general opinion on that too.

4.) & 5.) LOL love it. I wondered that. Also though at the same time I wondered why Deb Crowley didn't do the exercise demonstrations in the FlexEffect video. She did in the former one - and it also makes me a little suspicious.

I know what you mean re ruffling feathers, but like you I'm curious as if anyone has seen the full results that Carole's showing. Do we have anyone here who can report the same? I've heard people mentioning one or two small changes but nothing to that extent. I'm 60 this year (OMG!) and would love to be able to get that same transformation but doubt I could.

Great post though. I think as this is the facercise thread, people should be allowed to share views/comments like the above as it does help to put things in to perspective
and stops me from thinking I'm going mad. Its not that I hve given up on it completely. I'm stil trying to do the latest dvd daily but not seeing much (but I've agreed to give it 3 months) and then if no effect its going in the dumpster!

Theresa
Kassy_A wrote:
Back in the day;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9202U2JCIQ&feature=related

And in 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zga_eQc3uxc&feature=related

A few questions;

1.) Where did all the loose skin of the lower face go? Especially the entire NL/ML areas.

2.) Isn't it a given that with advancing age we lose facial volume, and gravity pulls everything downward? In any event, I think it's a physical impossibility to have more volume and muscle mass (especially the cheeks) if one were to rely solely on facial exercise as she claims.

3.) Her mouth is twice the size in the 2008 video, and to my eyes her manner of speech is awkward and impaired.

4.) Her eye shape is totally different, where did the hooded skin go?

5.) Could the reason she isn't personally doing the exercises on the latest video be that she doesn't want to disturb all those fillers? (Only MHO!!!)

6.) Does anybody honestly believe she isn't *filled* to the brim with what not (for starters?)

Please know that I don't want to ruffle any feathers in this thread, and I think it's great that so many benefit from facial exercise, but can any of you honestly say that you've enjoyed the same *facelift + filler* look that Carole seems to have enjoyed, by simply doing facial exercises? Are other 62+ year olds having the same transformation?

When are some of these exercise guru's going to come clean and be honest for once? Why is it just everybody else, that seems to need an *arsenal* of weaponry?

Again, I apologize for any followers I will no doubt upset, but this has been a bone of contention with me for years, and I just had to let it out. And yes, I have every exercise program, and my 1st was Carole's 1st book. The only benefit I derived from any of it, is from the increased circulation it brings to the skin... But I'm not foolish enough to believe that my cheeks and lips will double in size, my nose will get shorter, all lines will be erased, my jaw will be more sculpted than it was 25 years ago, NL + ML areas will be completely (and unnaturally gone)and that my eyes will be higher, wider and firmer than they *ever* were in my youth.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 09, 2010 2:47 am      Reply with quote
Do you have pictures you could share? I'd love to see the changes you've done and it would be very motivating for me and others?

When you say you have done her program, have you done the previous or are you talking Ultimate?
happygolucky wrote:
I believe it. I've done her program and it really does what it promises....

and w her advanced program i think you are seeing how it can transform your face.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 09, 2010 7:04 am      Reply with quote
I know many people think Carole and others are full of fillers or have had "work" done. But I really believe it is possible to look as good as she does at 60+ by exercising the face AND utilizing other anti-aging strategies. Don't forget that Carole owns a spa and has access to many anti-aging treatments. Following a healthy diet, staying properly hydrated, taking the appropriate anti-aging supplements, bio-identical hormones, sleeping on your back to eliminate creases and puffiness and stretching out the skin while you sleep, maintaining appropriate weight to avoid a gaunt face, all help tremendously to maintain a youthful face. Whether you want to believe it or not is certainly your prerogative. I find it doubtful that any of the facial exercise gurus have done anything surgical to their faces. The program works but I believe you also need to utilize the other strategies I mentioned to aid the anti-aging process. Just my personal opinion. Aprile
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 09, 2010 8:37 am      Reply with quote
I think part of the issue for me is where the area is right beside her nose, there aren't really that many exercises of hers that target that. Also I know from her previous book, she had other exercises in there - a different face energiser, which I suspect is partly what caused her to get that area filled in, but there's no mention of that exercise in Ultimate. I suppose we can't help but be curious. Whilst I do think that she does look good for 60, and her skincare definitely plays an important role in that, I'm not completely convinced that what I see on ultimate facercise is solely the exercises, as to me it looks like there is makeup which is great at antiaging things and so thats why I made the comment about make up before.

With hormones, someone raised the question before that both her and Deborah Crowley had aged somewhat due to what they believed to being their hormones going out of whack. Do you know if Carole did experience any hormonal difficulties? I think thats something a lot of people would benefit from knowing more about from both Carole and Deborah. Plus there are others out there - for example Eva Fraser in her 80's did she ever have hormonal difficulties. I think if hormones play such a vital role, then why do these so called teachers of facial exercises refuse to share their own journeys? Just seems strange to me?

aprile wrote:
I know many people think Carole and others are full of fillers or have had "work" done. But I really believe it is possible to look as good as she does at 60+ by exercising the face AND utilizing other anti-aging strategies. Don't forget that Carole owns a spa and has access to many anti-aging treatments. Following a healthy diet, staying properly hydrated, taking the appropriate anti-aging supplements, bio-identical hormones, sleeping on your back to eliminate creases and puffiness and stretching out the skin while you sleep, maintaining appropriate weight to avoid a gaunt face, all help tremendously to maintain a youthful face. Whether you want to believe it or not is certainly your prerogative. I find it doubtful that any of the facial exercise gurus have done anything surgical to their faces. The program works but I believe you also need to utilize the other strategies I mentioned to aid the anti-aging process. Just my personal opinion. Aprile
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 09, 2010 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Not sure Theresa about exactly what Carole does or doesn't use. I think I may have seen something about hormones in one of the newsletters. I imagine she might address some of those things in her new book. As for the area to the side of the nose. I think the cheek energizer exercise is now sort of a combination of the cheek developer and face energizer and directs the energy towards the center of the face to build that area more. Also, I don't think that area of her face was ever flat before so why would it be now? I have seen many older women who have fullness to that area of their faces who definitely didn't use fillers. Everyone's face is different. Some really young people have rather flat faces and no fullness to that area. You know? As for the hands I doubt there is much anyone can do about that. I believe they age the quickest especially if using them to work like she does doing her anti-cellulite massage treatments and anyone who has done lots of house work and dishes can sympathise as well!!! Aprile
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 09, 2010 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Back in the day;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9202U2JCIQ&feature=related

And in 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zga_eQc3uxc&feature=related

A few questions;

1.) Where did all the loose skin of the lower face go? Especially the entire NL/ML areas.

2.) Isn't it a given that with advancing age we lose facial volume, and gravity pulls everything downward? In any event, I think it's a physical impossibility to have more volume and muscle mass (especially the cheeks) if one were to rely solely on facial exercise as she claims.

3.) Her mouth is twice the size in the 2008 video, and to my eyes her manner of speech is awkward and impaired.

4.) Her eye shape is totally different, where did the hooded skin go?

5.) Could the reason she isn't personally doing the exercises on the latest video be that she doesn't want to disturb all those fillers? (Only MHO!!!)

6.) Does anybody honestly believe she isn't *filled* to the brim with what not (for starters?)

Please know that I don't want to ruffle any feathers in this thread, and I think it's great that so many benefit from facial exercise, but can any of you honestly say that you've enjoyed the same *facelift + filler* look that Carole seems to have enjoyed, by simply doing facial exercises? Are other 62+ year olds having the same transformation?

When are some of these exercise guru's going to come clean and be honest for once? Why is it just everybody else, that seems to need an *arsenal* of weaponry?

Again, I apologize for any followers I will no doubt upset, but this has been a bone of contention with me for years, and I just had to let it out. And yes, I have every exercise program, and my 1st was Carole's 1st book. The only benefit I derived from any of it, is from the increased circulation it brings to the skin... But I'm not foolish enough to believe that my cheeks and lips will double in size, my nose will get shorter, all lines will be erased, my jaw will be more sculpted than it was 25 years ago, NL + ML areas will be completely (and unnaturally gone)and that my eyes will be higher, wider and firmer than they *ever* were in my youth.

Kassy, I noticed many similar things. Don't get me wrong, I still value the Facercise program and use some of the exercises regularly (and I love NLL!), but the large changes in her face, after more than a decade and a half of nothing even close to that dramatic, just doesn't seem plausible to me. With that, plus the differences in how she moves her face and talks, I'm also guessing some fillers are at play here.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 09, 2010 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:

4.) & 5.) LOL love it. I wondered that. Also though at the same time I wondered why Deb Crowley didn't do the exercise demonstrations in the FlexEffect video. She did in the former one - and it also makes me a little suspicious.

Theresa

I don't think there is anything to be suspicious about here... We're a family run Biz. The person that demonstrates in the FE video is Audrea (my sister, Deb's daughter)... There will come a time that Deb is allowed to just kick back and relax, and enjoy a retirement that she has fully earned... And Audrea and I will completely take over. Makes since that today's consumer meet and know us WAY before that takes place....

RE hands... Deb and I both have the bad habit of neglect... LOL! We def. do our own dishes... thank God that's done with hands and not our faces... or we'd both be having our heads soaked in soapy water way too often! You might take a peak at the anatomy of the hands... your muscles are MOSTLY on the palm side... if they were top side, you'd have a better time plumping out the hands... In the end... take a HUGE clue from Kassy who has gorgeous hands... TAKE CARE OF THEM... don't soak in water, keep them covered with sunscreen (driving much?) I suspect you should avoid drying anti bac soaps (those are what I feel have done in my hands in ' my kids' earliest years... I'd over wash to avoid spreading germs, to the point of cracking and bleeding)...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 09, 2010 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
My impressions:

What a CRACK UP - the car exercises on the first video were(what year was THAT made? - I was howling.) Also, noted how so many exercises were all morphed out of the one from that video. Good detective work Kassy digging that one up.

Second youtube - yes those Lips/mouth are definitely different. The eyes do appear more open - other than that she looks older to me - an older, very well-preserved woman. Attractive. Is there filler? I'm not sure, could be. More makeup artistry - that is definite.

I've had people tell me they think I"ve had things done. And I haven't. Aging in some ways has made me better looking - my cheekbones are more pronounced for one. I think my face has softened in a way that works. I'm hesitant to say someone like Deb or CM has had anything done.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 09, 2010 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Second youtube - yes those Lips/mouth are definitely different. The eyes do appear more open - other than that she looks older to me - an older, very well-preserved woman. Attractive. Is there filler? I'm not sure, could be. More makeup artistry - that is definite.

Her skin looked very tight and smooth in the 2nd video...I noticed it especially right after she talked about people picking their noses in cars.

My guess would be peels, and either filler or tightening lasers/RF (or both). The lips definitely have been done, with either implants or fillers. (I do fillers in my lips, so I can't blame her! )

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 10, 2010 2:29 am      Reply with quote
I think your misunderstanding me saying she doesn't mention it in any great detail to briefly mentioning it and there's a HUGE difference. I've skimmed through her newsletters last night to look for her mention of her own hormone situations and she doesn't state any such thing.

Also just to point out that your wrong about her - she hasn't said what she does exactly exercise wise in any of her newsletters (and I've kept them and gone over them).

For example the defined face energiser is completely different than the regular face energiser (and even more so than the one on the Ultimate dvd) and thats precisely the point I was making. I know in the book (its in the advanced exercises section) she says it creates filling and lift besides the nose etc. I'm sure she could adapt the defined one with ultimate, but then why hide it? Why not just be open and upfront about it?

Whilst the area wasn't flat, it certainly wasn't as filled as it is now which is the point people are making (and hey at the end of the day - we're all entitled to our opinions). The change is very visible.

As for the hands, people probably said the same about faces all those years ago and look at the industry now. I'm sorry it just doesn't make sense what your saying to me that an antiaging expert who advises people on everything from No Lipo Massage etc and exercising their faces could or would ignore something like the hands.

aprile wrote:
Not sure Theresa about exactly what Carole does or doesn't use. I think I may have seen something about hormones in one of the newsletters. I imagine she might address some of those things in her new book. As for the area to the side of the nose. I think the cheek energizer exercise is now sort of a combination of the cheek developer and face energizer and directs the energy towards the center of the face to build that area more. Also, I don't think that area of her face was ever flat before so why would it be now? I have seen many older women who have fullness to that area of their faces who definitely didn't use fillers. Everyone's face is different. Some really young people have rather flat faces and no fullness to that area. You know? As for the hands I doubt there is much anyone can do about that. I believe they age the quickest especially if using them to work like she does doing her anti-cellulite massage treatments and anyone who has done lots of house work and dishes can sympathise as well!!! Aprile
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 10, 2010 8:34 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Whilst the area wasn't flat, it certainly wasn't as filled as it is now which is the point people are making (and hey at the end of the day - we're all entitled to our opinions). The change is very visible.

As for the hands, people probably said the same about faces all those years ago and look at the industry now. I'm sorry it just doesn't make sense what your saying to me that an antiaging expert who advises people on everything from No Lipo Massage etc and exercising their faces could or would ignore something like the hands.

So if we were to follow your line of thinking that Carole is getting her face shot up with fillers why wouldn't she just get her hands shot with fat fillers too to make them look more youthful? No? I agree with Sis that she looks older only with a fuller face and lips. Could she not have gained any weight since her 2002 DVD? She definitely lines her lips outside the border and then fills them with glossy lipstick which definitely enhances their size. But doing the new exercise four times a day can also help. She has written that tip in the newsletter or somewhere because I remember reading it. Aprile
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 10, 2010 9:04 am      Reply with quote
I think Carole looks horrible in that second video, with makeup looking as though she applied it with a trowel. It's a very 60s/70s look, and no one layers it on like that now.

She seems to have issues with aging, which I totally understand, but maybe it's time for her to stop being the front person for her program. The exercises may work, but she herself looks scary!
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 10, 2010 9:17 am      Reply with quote
You know, I understand why some are concerned whether she has done something with her face or not. I have wondered that as well however, all I can do is speak for myself... and her program has been working on my face. I see the change and others see the change on me.

As far as the amount of makeup she puts on...I don't know...I think that is a personal choice. It seems to me she's always put on alot of makeup. That is just her style.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 10, 2010 9:25 am      Reply with quote
No your not following my line of thinking, your attempting to put words into my mouth - there is a MASSIVE difference. I'm not suggesting Carole has had fillers at all (PLEASE SHOW ME WHERE I SAID THAT?).

In fact I believe I said that I thought it could be because of her DEFINED ENERGISER exercise in her book - and mentioned that we don't know if she does that one daily etc. I have said before about her lips (remember I said about her wearing a lot of makeup). Its obvious from her book that she does the lip liner and filling in thing.

I do not think her hands look youthful - actually I was saying they look strange in comparison with her face and I fail to see why she wouldn't have used skincare techniques on her hands to help them look more youthful. I mean with the lips, I'm still yet to see photos proving what your saying, same with nose shortener. IF they really do what your saying - where is the scientific proof. Please point me to the direction of some?

aprile wrote:
TheresaMary wrote:
Whilst the area wasn't flat, it certainly wasn't as filled as it is now which is the point people are making (and hey at the end of the day - we're all entitled to our opinions). The change is very visible. As for the hands, people probably said the same about faces all those years ago and look at the industry now. I'm sorry it just doesn't make sense what your saying to me that an antiaging expert who advises people on everything from No Lipo Massage etc and exercising their faces could or would ignore something like the hands.

So if we were to follow your line of thinking that Carole is getting her face shot up with fillers why wouldn't she just get her hands shot with fat fillers too to make them look more youthful? No? I agree with Sis that she looks older only with a fuller face and lips. Could she not have gained any weight since her 2002 DVD? She definitely lines her lips outside the border and then fills them with glossy lipstick which definitely enhances their size. But doing the new exercise four times a day can also help. She has written that tip in the newsletter or somewhere because I remember reading it. Aprile
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 10, 2010 9:29 am      Reply with quote
I hear both of you with the make (and said similar myself that it looks heavy and caked on). Its not that the woman isn't allowed to wear make up (please don't misunderstand what's being discussed here) but if she came up with a facial exercise program, that works the muscles and skin and encourages circulation and what not, then would there actually be a need for her to wear it. Dont forget she also has a very expensive skincare line, which she has documented she uses daily. With all that in place already, I find it a bit strange that there would be a need to really put such a substantial amount on. Her face shape, and eye shape is good - I'm not saying otherwise I think she looks good for 60, but what I have a problem with is the philosophy of the exercises being sold with the belief that people will be able to achieve her exact results with them alone (i.e. why not be upfront about the makeup etc).

Hermosa wrote:
I think Carole looks horrible in that second video, with makeup looking as though she applied it with a trowel. It's a very 60s/70s look, and no one layers it on like that now.

She seems to have issues with aging, which I totally understand, but maybe it's time for her to stop being the front person for her program. The exercises may work, but she herself looks scary!

skincarefreak wrote:
You know, I understand why some are concerned whether she has done something with her face or not. I have wondered that as well however, all I can do is speak for myself... and her program has been working on my face. I see the change and others see the change on me.

As far as the amount of makeup she puts on...I don't know...I think that is a personal choice. It seems to me she's always put on alot of makeup. That is just her style.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 10, 2010 9:31 am      Reply with quote
This is my original message below, and whilst you will see that I talk about the area not being flat, your see that I mentioned specifically the exercise that I thought could create such a look. At no point have I said she has fillers!
TheresaMary wrote:
For example the defined face energiser is completely different than the regular face energiser (and even more so than the one on the Ultimate dvd) and thats precisely the point I was making. I know in the book (its in the advanced exercises section) she says it creates filling and lift besides the nose etc. I'm sure she could adapt the defined one with ultimate, but then why hide it? Why not just be open and upfront about it?

TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 10, 2010 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Sure, actually Deb does actually demo stuff (unlike Carole in her dvd), so please dont misunderstand me. I just loved the old tape, as it felt like she was in the room with me doing the workout. Audrea looks fantastic.

Yep I know what you mean re retirement, and your right she does deserve it. She doesn't appear to have been on the forum though for quite some time. Does she not do the forum purposely (is she like me a technophobe) or something?

ClaudiaFE wrote:
I don't think there is anything to be suspicious about here... We're a family run Biz. The person that demonstrates in the FE video is Audrea (my sister, Deb's daughter)... There will come a time that Deb is allowed to just kick back and relax, and enjoy a retirement that she has fully earned... And Audrea and I will completely take over. Makes since that today's consumer meet and know us WAY before that takes place....

RE hands... Deb and I both have the bad habit of neglect... LOL! We def. do our own dishes... thank God that's done with hands and not our faces... or we'd both be having our heads soaked in soapy water way too often! You might take a peak at the anatomy of the hands... your muscles are MOSTLY on the palm side... if they were top side, you'd have a better time plumping out the hands... In the end... take a HUGE clue from Kassy who has gorgeous hands... TAKE CARE OF THEM... don't soak in water, keep them covered with sunscreen (driving much?) I suspect you should avoid drying anti bac soaps (those are what I feel have done in my hands in ' my kids' earliest years... I'd over wash to avoid spreading germs, to the point of cracking and bleeding)...
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 10, 2010 10:56 am      Reply with quote
skincarefreak wrote:
Kassy,

Is there a facial exercise program that you do believe in or do you think they all are hype?

I never said I "thought they were all hype"..

In a nutshell, I believe Flex Effect has the most merit, and that Deb Crowley shows the most realistic goal of what can be achieved through a comprehensive facial exercise program. (Again, this is simply my opinion.) And BTW, Deb twists, pulls and stretches her skin in the new video as she fully demonstrates the massage + bone techniques.

At the end of the day I believe that *anything* one does, to bring increased circulation to the skin on a regular basis, will reap the rewards of a prettier, healthier and more toned skin.

What I don't believe is that facial exercise alone, over the decades where all of us show signs of aging the most, will result in the full, tight, face that Carole would have us believe. Sorry, but I think she's full of it... Liar

Here's a picture of her that looks like it's from the 90's or so; (And again I ask, what did she do with all that loose skin through her 50's and well into her 60's?) Does anybody actually believe the new look is the result of 'pump', 'pump', 'pump', blow... Rolling Eyes

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 10, 2010 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
skincarefreak wrote:
Kassy,

I never said I "thought they were all hype"..

In a nutshell, I believe Flex Effect has the most merit, and that Deb Crowley shows the most realistic goal of what can be achieved through a comprehensive facial exercise program. (Again, this is simply my opinion.) And BTW, Deb twists, pulls and stretches her skin in the new video as she fully demonstrates the massage + bone techniques.

At the end of the day I believe that *anything* one does, to bring increased circulation to the skin on a regular basis, will reap the rewards of a prettier, healthier and more toned skin.

What I don't believe is that facial exercise alone, over the decades where all of us show signs of aging the most, will result in the full, tight, face that Carole would have us believe. Sorry, but I think she's full of it... Liar

Here's a picture of her that looks like it's from the 90's or so; (And again I ask, what did she do with all that loose skin through her 50's and well into her 60's?) Does anybody actually believe the new look is the result of 'pump', 'pump', 'pump', blow... Rolling Eyes

I was asking for clarification. I never stated that you felt all facial exercises are hype. I was asking you to clarify to see if you thought they were.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 10, 2010 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
I think the picture kassy posted is pretty of Carole. She is obviously more made up today than she was then. I am not familiar with all the newest procedures (outside of filler and botox I'm pretty much in the dark) but I know there are tightening things people do that are non-invasive. She very well could be using these methods.

As for hands I try very hard to anti-age my hands and it's a more difficult prospect - although it does have a lot to do with use and wearing gloves.
Keeping hands young is probably accomplished by preventively starting VERY young and in a very diligent manner.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 8:35 am      Reply with quote
Sis I know you have the latest dvd, and were talking before about the lip exercises results you had, but have you yourself had the filling in that her pictures show in that area besides her nose? I'm not sure I believe she has had fillers, but it does look plumper to me, and I was playing with the idea that maybe its due to her defined energiser but not sure? It be encouraging to know if you have had filling results like this (or indeed anyone).
sister sweets wrote:
I think the picture kassy posted is pretty of Carole. She is obviously more made up today than she was then. I am not familiar with all the newest procedures (outside of filler and botox I'm pretty much in the dark) but I know there are tightening things people do that are non-invasive. She very well could be using these methods.

As for hands I try very hard to anti-age my hands and it's a more difficult prospect - although it does have a lot to do with use and wearing gloves.
Keeping hands young is probably accomplished by preventively starting VERY young and in a very diligent manner.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |