Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Carole Maggio Facercise
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
Jackie ~ I forgot to tell you to keep you finger on your chin for resistance during the Jaw Strengthener exercise. This also helps to stabilize the jaw better. This is especially good for those of us who have TMJ!! As you know a big part of all of Cafrole's execises is visualization. During this exercise you should be viualizing the sides of your face lifting!) You should see results wihtin 2 weeks of correctly performing this exercise. Within a month's time, your jaw should start looking really good... This builds muscle along the entire jawline. After about 3 mos. that area became quite filled in for me. Great exercise! Best, Aprile
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi aprile,

thanks so much for taking the time to explain this. Just another q, each time you scoop, are you lifting the chin 'further' towards the ceiling so that you finish with it pointing directly upwards ? This is what I couldn't grasp, as I was holing the chin just slightly upwards from normal level,

thanks again

Jackie xx
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi aprile,

thanks so much for taking the time to explain this. Just another q, each time you scoop, are you lifting the chin 'further' towards the ceiling so that you finish with it pointing directly upwards ? This is what I couldn't grasp, as I was holing the chin just slightly upwards from normal level,

thanks again

Jackie xx

Oh no problem Jackie. Yes each time you scoop, you will be pulling your chin up slightly until you end up facing the ceiling. Then you pull your shoulders back and face your chin towards the wall. Please let me know how you progress!! HTH Aprile Smile
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:40 am      Reply with quote
I just wanted to mention, Carole has a new dvd coming out in October that looks like its going to be really good. This is the blurb from her newsletter but I figure its worth sharing:

ULTIMATE FACERCISE DVD

I am pleased to announce that I will soon be releasing my new ULTIMATE FACERCISE DVD, which I have spent the last 18 months developing.

This ULTIMATE FACERCISE package will contain one DVD and two CD's. The price is $49.95 + shipping and handling.

These products are intricate and instructional and include a brand new section I call the SuperSet. This will allow you to complete these exercises in eight minutes. SuperSet will supersize your results. This package is a must have item and it will be available for purchase on October 1. Get your order in early. I expect the first run to sell out quickly.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
I wish she would come up with smaller packages, however. Audios and CDs just get tossed into the corner for me. I'll read books and instructions and do DVDs in front of a computer, but I'm wasting my money having too much in a package. Singles (separate DVDs, audios, CDs) would be great and less expensive for those of us with less disposable income. I am anxious to see what this entails, though. Hopefully, it won't just be re-marketing of an old product with a few "twists" to make it "new". I've seen THAT happen far too often!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:30 am      Reply with quote
I know what you mean. What do you mean though re "Twists". Has it happened on other programs - goodness I never knew that. I might have to watch out for that. The thing that makes me like the sound of this is that they say it can be done in 7 minutes. At the moment, doing the dvd takes me a lot longer than that. I'm curious as to what changes they have made!
JaniceC. wrote:
I wish she would come up with smaller packages, however. Audios and CDs just get tossed into the corner for me. I'll read books and instructions and do DVDs in front of a computer, but I'm wasting my money having too much in a package. Singles (separate DVDs, audios, CDs) would be great and less expensive for those of us with less disposable income. I am anxious to see what this entails, though. Hopefully, it won't just be re-marketing of an old product with a few "twists" to make it "new". I've seen THAT happen far too often!
JaniceC.
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
By "twist" I mean "renaming" a process or a re-description of a product or process. For example, there is a popular exercise program which just released an OLD set of exercises with a new name for the DVD--and included in the new name and description was the "twist"--they added the word "sculpt". Had I not done my research, I would have bought it and wasted my money because I already have the old one. This is a VERY common marketing technique used in all industries. So, while I like certain programs--or everyday items, etc., I still do a lot of research before I buy into the label "new and improved".
I can do the set of advanced Facercises (the ones in the book or the ones on the advanced DVD) in less than the 12 minutes for the basics. I'm just wondering if this is what it is all about. I mean, there is only so much variance that can be done...
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:39 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Sean - Just getting around to reading this. It sounds interesting. I don't have any CM facercise books, etc but maybe with my FE background I could add this in.
What do you think Aprile? My question is: How necessary to have the previous CM info to "get" the new one? I guess you wouldn't know the answer to that since it's not out yet, but just as I wouldn't want to buy something "repackaged" with the same old stuff, I also wouldn't want to get something that I couldn't follow as well as I should to get maximum benefits.

SeanySeanUK wrote:
I just wanted to mention, Carole has a new dvd coming out in October that looks like its going to be really good. This is the blurb from her newsletter but I figure its worth sharing:

ULTIMATE FACERCISE DVD

I am pleased to announce that I will soon be releasing my new ULTIMATE FACERCISE DVD, which I have spent the last 18 months developing.

This ULTIMATE FACERCISE package will contain one DVD and two CD's. The price is $49.95 + shipping and handling.

These products are intricate and instructional and include a brand new section I call the SuperSet. This will allow you to complete these exercises in eight minutes. SuperSet will supersize your results. This package is a must have item and it will be available for purchase on October 1. Get your order in early. I expect the first run to sell out quickly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:21 am      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
Oh no problem Jackie. Yes each time you scoop, you will be pulling your chin up slightly until you end up facing the ceiling. Then you pull your shoulders back and face your chin towards the wall. Please let me know how you progress!! HTH Aprile Smile

Aprile - when you say face your ching towards the wall - do you mean because you are doing it lying down that it is toward a wall Vs ceiling?

BTW: Your pictures really tell a nice story. Thanks for sharing them. You have certainly stopped any aging and look even younger in your 10 years later examples.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Sister Sweets wrote:
Aprile - when you say face your chin towards the wall - do you mean because you are doing it lying down that it is toward a wall Vs ceiling? BTW: Your pictures really tell a nice story. Thanks for sharing them. You have certainly stopped any aging and look even younger in your 10 years later examples.

Hi Sister ~ Thank you for your kind compliments. I think you understand now why I am such a fan of the Facercise program. It is so easy to incorporate Facercise into my daily routine, as it isn't very complicated and it isn't very time consuming. As far as the exercise called the Jaw Strengthener. It is performed in a seated position only. Carole has instructions for a seated, crossed legs position where you sit on the floor facing the wall and push away from the wall for even more resistance. I will try to explain. In a seated crossed legs position facing the wall, put your one hand on the wall for resistance. Open your mouth, and roll your lower lip in tightly over bottom teeth. Now pull your mouth corners in towards your back teeth, roll them in tightly. Put your index finger on your chin for resistance. Open and close your mouth in a slow scooping movement using the corners of your mouth NOT your jaw hinge. Each time you scoop, you will rock back on your hips and push away from the wall. Each time you scoop, pull your chin up a little bit. (say about a ½ inch). Visualize the sides of the face lifting. So it’s scoop, chin up, scoop, chin up and so on. After about the tenth scoop, you should feel the lactic acid burn in your jawline. At this point, your chin should be pointed towards the ceiling. Now force your chin towards the wall and pull your shoulders down and back. Push away from the wall for resistance, and hold for the count of thirty (30). Now blow out with your lips together making that sound as though you were blowing bubbles in the bath tub to release the lactic acid and relax the face. HTH! Aprile
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:40 am      Reply with quote
Sister ~ Carole has been soooo busy lately with the new dvd coming out. I tried to email her to ask about it, but she hasn't gotten back to me yet with answers to all of my questions. She usually is really good about returning emails. I would think the new dvd will be new exercises, not just old ones with a twist. I know she was on E! network previewing some of them, but I missed her as I was working. I will let you know, as soon as I know! Aprile
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Aprile. I know you will!

Is the jaw strengthener the same (or similar) to the scooping exercise that can be found on you tube? It sounds like the same except for the seating on the floor and placing of the finger for resistance. I was giving it a whirl today - I've done the scooping before but this made it a little different. = It's a great exercise, so thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sister ~ Haven't reallly seen the uTube. But, Carole has tweaked her exercises over the years, adding different things to existing exercises (like pushing off the wwall or rocking or tightening the buttocks.) All have been added to create further resistance. I think the finger on the chin was added after her last book. But the scooping motion itself has not changed at all. Always remember to scoop with the mouth corners and NOT the jaw hinges. This way you don't aggravate existing TMJ. BTW ~ this exercise in particular cured mine! Smile HTH, Aprile
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Aprile! Just curious: If Carole has made some changes over the years, is she planning to let people know of those changes via a re-edition or a new addition of her original book "Facercise"? Or, is that what the DVD "Ultimate Facercise" is supposed to do? Or, do you have to book an appointment with Carole to learn the modifications? I would love to see a demo of the modifications to her nose exercise--I *love* that one! Thanks so much! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
This is great to get the extra info on the exercises to help TMJ. Thanks, Aprile! I am a sufferer of TMJ myself. Whenever I do the exercise that helps to widen the face, that always make my jaw feel better too for some reason.

I'm excited about the new DVD coming out. Sounds awesome! I have the book and I love it. I've been doing a lot of the exercises by memory, but I'm going to pick the book back up again.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:09 am      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:
Hi Aprile! Just curious: If Carole has made some changes over the years, is she planning to let people know of those changes via a re-edition or a new addition of her original book "Facercise"? Or, is that what the DVD "Ultimate Facercise" is supposed to do? Or, do you have to book an appointment with Carole to learn the modifications? I would love to see a demo of the modifications to her nose exercise--I *love* that one! Thanks so much! Smile

Cm5597 ~ Carole teaches a little differently in private one-on-one sessions. Her books and dvds are created for the masses so she cannot make them too complicated. She also is putting out the new dvd and I think perhaps some new modifications will be present. Not sure exactly what though. In as far as the nose pump exercise goes, she also modifies that one depending upon the client's needs. For instance, I HAD a crooked nose that curved to one side, and she enable me to fix that. Take care, Aprile
txgirl
5% products discount

Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:39 am      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
I HAD a crooked nose that curved to one side, and she enable me to fix that. Take care, Aprile

Hi Aprile!

That's good to know because I've noticed my nose getting bigger and more crooked every year, if that's even possible!

I'm pretty much sold on this, but my question is should I get the DVD or the book? Does the book contain pictures of any kind, or is it all by description? Also, how quickly did you notice a change in your jawline? I'm starting to look square and froggy-faced very quickly, and I need serious help Smile
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:40 am      Reply with quote
txgirl wrote:
Hi Aprile!
That's good to know because I've noticed my nose getting bigger and more crooked every year, if that's even possible! I'm pretty much sold on this, but my question is should I get the DVD or the book? Does the book contain pictures of any kind, or is it all by description? Also, how quickly did you notice a change in your jawline? I'm starting to look square and froggy-faced very quickly, and I need serious help Smile

Hi Txgirl,

The book definitely has lots of photos. It repends on whether you are good with learning from a book or whether you'd feel more comfortable viewing the exercises performed. I really relied on the book until I trained with Carole in person in NYC (the dvd was not yet available at the time.) BTW, she does offer skype for about $200. The nose exercise to fix the crooked nature is one she taught me to correct mine in a private session; it's not in the book or dvd. I will explain in another post. Which direction does your crook go? HTH, Aprile
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Aprile, for your helpful post!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:08 am      Reply with quote
I would love to do a one-on-one training session with her. How lucky....

5% products discount

Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
The book definitely has lots of photos. It repends on whether you are good with learning from a book or whether you'd feel more comfortable viewing the exercises performed. I really relied on the book until I trained with Carole in person in NYC (the dvd was not yet available at the time.) BTW, she does offer skype for about $200. The nose exercise to fix the crooked nature is one she taught me to correct mine in a private session; it's not in the book or dvd. I will explain in another post. Which direction does your crook go? HTH, Aprile

Thanks for the great info! I will definitely go with the book. As for my nose, I think it might be more along the lines of a deviated septum - it runs a slight slope right to left from the eyebrow line to the end. Probably nothing short of surgery to fix that, but I do want to know how tho make it shorter Smile
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
txgirl wrote:
As for my nose, I think it might be more along the lines of a deviated septum - it runs a slight slope right to left from the eyebrow line to the end. Probably nothing short of surgery to fix that, but I do want to know how tho make it shorter Smile

TXgirl ~ You can most definitely fix the "look" of your nose ~ both the length and the crookedness. While performing the Nose Shortener Exercise ~ grasp the bridge of your nose with your thumb & index finger (whichever hand you use). Now push your nose tip up and in the opposite direction of the crook with the index finger of your other hand. Push it up strong (you may want to use a tissue to prevent slippage). Now flex your nose tip by pulling your upper lip down over your teeth ~ you will feel your nose "pumping". Hold each pump for approx. 1 second & release. Repeat the exercise thirty-five (35) times. Remember to keep breathing at a normal rate while you pump. Each time you pump, you should feel your nose tip push against the index finger. HTH & let me know how it goes Txgirl!! Aprile
JaniceC.
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
I found both DVDs used and finally got the book via inter-library loan at the public library, so I had the DVDs first. They have different exercises, but I've got to say, when in doubt, I go with the book. I like the advanced exercises in the book better than the ones on the advanced DVD, as well. The book filled in the "specifics" gaps, but the DVDs filled in the image gaps. Plus, the information in the book allowed me to "tailor" some of the exercises to fit.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
Just to clarify: the exercises on the "advanced" DVD are different than the "advanced" exercises in the book; the ones on the regular DVD are the same, but some of the instructions are different.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
Have you guys seen this?
http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/post-run-bms-belly-fat-and-glute-pimples

Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |