Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Carole Maggio Facercise
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:15 am      Reply with quote
this is odd.The reviews for carol maggio's program look suspicious.All the glowing reviews....if you click on other reviews that person has written....its all glowing reviews just for Carol's products.,they rarely write reviews on other products.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:37 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc,

Not everything works for everyone...I can only speak for myself and her program has worked for me as much as I use it (3-4x) a week. You can click on my name and know that I have many posts and not all of them have to do with her program. I know maybe, some reviews of any product can be suspicious however, I wouldn't agree that all the glowing reviews are false.
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
I commented that on amazon, most reviewers of Carole's products have reviewed her products only. The products may be great, but the reviews appear to be something less than authentic.

If you read this thread and others like it, you will also note a number of people who have posted only once or twice, and only then to rave about Carole and her products.

The products evidently do work for some, but I still have to wonder why Carole seems to need to plant bogus reviews everywhere.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Hermosa wrote:

The products evidently do work for some, but I still have to wonder why Carole seems to need to plant bogus reviews everywhere.

Hermosa,

I'm 38 and have looked at many facial exercise programs. There was another one which I looked at seemed to be similar to what you are saying...meaning just one review of only that product... however, I wouldn't go as far as saying that the person who created the program was planting bogus reviews. That seems like a serious accusation to make of one person. Do you have anything to back that claim up?

You don't like Facercise...that's fine...not everything works for everyone...There was another program that didn't work for me, but I'm not going to make accusations regarding that program or the creator of that program when I don't know for sure it was her.
LovinLife
5% products discount

Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
I'm curious if anyone has made the same observation as I have - supposedly Carole Maggio has had no procedures done, but her lips are definitely fuller than before. Not just a little fuller, alot. I think her face looks great - really young for her age. But, the lips are another story. Anyone else noticed or has anyone else done the lip exercises and got the same results?
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
LovinLife wrote:
I'm curious if anyone has made the same observation as I have - supposedly Carole Maggio has had no procedures done, but her lips are definitely fuller than before. Not just a little fuller, alot. I think her face looks great - really young for her age. But, the lips are another story. Anyone else noticed or has anyone else done the lip exercises and got the same results?

I can see your concern. I can only speak for myself and for me, the lip exercise has increased the volume of my lips, especially the upper lip.
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
skincarefreak wrote:
That seems like a serious accusation to make of one person. Do you have anything to back that claim up?

A "serious accusation." Really? Like accusing someone of a crime?

Hey, might not be Carole. Might be a zealous fan. You see it a lot on amazon: a new book will be published, and will receive a dozen glowing 5 star reviews, all from people who have never reviewed anything on amazon before. Maybe the book is so magnificent that it inspired a dozen people to write their first-ever review. Or maybe those reviewers are the author's family members and friends, or even the author him/herself. And you know, those friends and relatives are just trying to help the author. I get it! No crime has occurred. But I gotta say, I don't trust their reviews.

Same thing with the people who post only once or twice on EDS, each time promoting a single product by pretending to be a satisfied customer. Their hearts may be in the right place, and the product may indeed be terrific, but they have zero credibility.

By the way, I never say I didn't like Facercise. I've incorporated some of the exercises into my regular program. But that doesn't mean I can't criticize her marketing tactics, which are pretty pathetic and woefully transparent.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
You have every right to like or dislike whichever program you find...there is no holy grail in my book. Yes you do have a right to critique a program whether it be the program itself or the marketing surrounding it however, you made an accusation regarding a person and I don't think that is very fair. It doesn't matter if it's facercise or jazzercise, I'm only asking you to be fair when it comes to blaming someone. You don't know if it's her or a fan so let it be at that. I don't think I'm out of line here. I'm sticking up for a person who isn't able to stick up for himself/herself and that is the main reason why I'm posting. I won't be posting more regarding this, because I don't want to keep going back and forth on this.

I didn't know you liked Facercise so that was my mistake in saying that you didn't.
LovinLife
5% products discount

Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:29 am      Reply with quote
Well, I actually do like her book. I merely made a comment about her lips because they definitely look unnatural. Her lips are unusually plumb and don't look anything at all like they used to. Also, I had to change my entire name/password because I couldnt log on to EDS - not sure why. I am not a new user to EDS at all. Wasn't trying to make unfair accusations or be unfair - I simply was trying to decide between Carole Maggio program and Flex Effect. I personally feel Deb looks more natural - I just turned 53 and the aging process is a brutal one. I'm determined to find one particular exercise program and do it faithfully. Sorry for offending anyone . . .
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:40 am      Reply with quote
LovinLife wrote:
Well, I actually do like her book. I merely made a comment about her lips because they definitely look unnatural. Her lips are unusually plumb and don't look anything at all like they used to. Also, I had to change my entire name/password because I couldnt log on to EDS - not sure why. I am not a new user to EDS at all. Wasn't trying to make unfair accusations or be unfair - I simply was trying to decide between Carole Maggio program and Flex Effect. I personally feel Deb looks more natural - I just turned 53 and the aging process is a brutal one. I'm determined to find one particular exercise program and do it faithfully. Sorry for offending anyone . . .

Lovinlife,

You didn't offend me at all. I'm sorry if it appeared that way. You just wanted to know if her lips are natural which I don't blame you. I understand where you are coming from...you just want to get more bank for your buck and that is totally understandable.

I don't know...I can't say if she has seen a plastic surgeon or not however, I know from the exercises I've done that the lip plumper one has plumped my lips. I've been doing that exercise for 4 mos now. She has recommended that you do her exercises 2x a day. I only do mine 1x a day 3-4x a week. I'm trying to do them more so, I don't know if I did them as many times as she recommended if my lips would looks as plump as hers. HTH!

Have you tried her Ultimate DVD? The exercises are better than the book. It is on sale on her site, I believe.
LovinLife
5% products discount

Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi SkinCarefreak,
I think I jumped the gun this AM and thought some comments were made to me - my mistake - it seems like the forum is not as friendly as it used to be and I think I was overly concerned I would offend someone. I think we are all on this anti-aging bandwagon together. I've done facial exercises off and on for years with not a lot of success. I think mainly because I've been hit or miss with them. So, I'm being overly cautious, but determined to pick one program and stick with it. I really do appreciate this forum - without it my face would probably just fall down to my knees (lol) - Wishing everyone the best in our quest for beauty!
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks LovinLife,

Hope you find the program that works for you. Smile
bluugrass
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone!

Wow! My lips need help...BADLY! I had a glance at a friend of mine a few weeks ago. She had moved out of town and was back for a visit, I'd not seen her in over 7 years. I saw her up close from profile view and thought her mouth looked, well, OLD...still a pretty woman, but being in her mid 40s now I figured stuff was just catching up to her. Well, I just had a look at myself profile using two mirrors, and I look the same as her. It's that upper lip! Flat. I had heard about the flattening of the lip in regards to aging and never paid it much mind since I never saw it head on in my mirror, I had other issues (fat loss in cheeks after weight loss, jowls, NL and Marionette folds). So a search on EDS brought me here.

Could someone tell me about the lip plumping that has been experienced using Carole's program? When you say plump, are you meaning more volume measuring top to bottom of the pigmented area, or is this a re-gaining of youthful poutiness (going outward, away from the teeth) that's only seen from a profile view? If I can expect to see some quick results like some of y'all are reporting, I'm there!
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:58 am      Reply with quote
Hey LovinLife,

If you are interested in hearing opinions or discussing about what Carole may or may not have had work done in her lips, you might want to read the arguments from both sides earlier in this thread, as there is quite extensive info earlier.

FWIW, I used to think she had something done to her lips...after comparing photos of her (see http://s583.photobucket.com/albums/ss278/cmphealth/?action=view%26current=CaroleMaggioOverTheYears.jpg; the photos increase in age from left to right and top to bottom), I'm not certain about her lips, as it does look like she has always had quite full lips. But, from the photos, it does look to me like she has cheek implants in the latter two photos.

For the record, I integrate two or three Facercise exercises into my routine (love her nose shortener exercise), use her beauty mitt, and her NLL program, so I am a fan in many regards.

5% products discount

Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:15 am      Reply with quote
When comparing pictures, it would be really hard to believe there was no cosmetic surgery involved in Carole's facial changes. I am trying to be fair, here, but when you have utube videos and pictures from 20 years ago or more you have to expect people to really look at the changes - especially when that person clearly states they have had no procedures done. After looking at several programs, I've decided to order the 3rd edition Flex Effect. I think Deb looks incredible for being over 60 yoa, and no indication of fillers or implants. For all of the Carole fans, she does look good for her age, just not as natural as Deb in my opinion.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, for some reason clicking on the link does not work, but entering it in manually does: http://s583.photobucket.com/albums/ss278/cmphealth/?action=view%26current=CaroleMaggioOverTheYears.jpg

Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:38 am      Reply with quote
Hello, I'm new. Since I do not want to read 25 pages, can someone please explain whether these exercises actually make the nose smaller? Thanks
IMCathy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:26 am      Reply with quote
the exercises for the nose in Carol Maggio work over a long period of time to reshape the nose by putting pressure on the cartlidge in the nose. The cheek exercises from her program and others work to build up the area next to the nose giving it a smaller appearance. But making the nose actually smaller? no.

Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:32 am      Reply with quote
ok, thanks cathy. But then any imperfection can be improved in the nose. Could you kindly explain these exercises?
claudietta
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:13 am      Reply with quote
andrs wrote:
Hello, I'm new. Since I do not want to read 25 pages, can someone please explain whether these exercises actually make the nose smaller? Thanks

hello andrs!
my english is not perfect he he (: but l love to do this exercise since 10 years, it is easy and u really can do it in every moment
so I'll try to explane:
you can seat , lying down, or walk

with your index push the tip of your nose until your nose resist against the finger, (do not let the nose been passive).

during the action you are helping the movement pulling your upper lip down over the teeth ,better if you create the action by pushing down your nostril.
resist around one second and repeat for 35 time,
u can do this 2 time par day
during the action, to make the exercise more effective try to feel like the right and the left nostril and tip of your nose would to meet each other making the nose more fine, and try to feel the energy of the nose pushing down against the finger , to make the nose shorter
pfhhhhh
l hope it make sense
PS
after the exercise your nose should be red, and kinda of pulse sensation, this is a good sign that blood circulation is increasing (: Exclamation
claudietta
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:29 am      Reply with quote
andrs wrote:
ok, thanks cathy. But then any imperfection can be improved in the nose. Could you kindly explain these exercises?

ops to late, but maybe Cathy can explane the exercise in a better english...
keep us update
(:
andrs

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Claudietta sei italiana?Perchè io sono italiano ...
claudietta
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:44 am      Reply with quote
andrs wrote:
Claudietta sei italiana?Perchè io sono italiano ...

yes l am hahahaha!l'm from venice l'm going to send u a private message in italian so u can understand better my english Laughing
andrs

Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:32 am      Reply with quote
I do not believe I'm also from Venice...ahahah
andrs

Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:38 am      Reply with quote
I wait your message in italian...Thanks
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |