Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Carole Maggio Facercise
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
claudietta
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:04 am      Reply with quote
andrs wrote:
I wait your message in italian...Thanks

hey l've sent it 2 hours ago! u have to check in your inbox(:
IMCathy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
you explained it very well!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
IMCathy wrote:
you explained it very well!

thankyou IMcathy!
Angel
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hello all,

Just thought I'd mention for anyone who is interested....Carole is having a 30% off sale on her entire skincare line. (Just got an email because I am on the newsletter email list.) The sale starts this Wednesday, 8/25 and ends Sunday, 9/5. So if anyone was thinking about giving her products a try, this is the time to purchase! However, you must call the spa directly at 800-597-3555 in order to get the special discount (I guess the site isn't set up to apply the discount). I hope all of you are enjoying your summer! Smile All the best, Aprile
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Aprile - She had the Face lift to go on sale also - is that sale better than 30% off?

What are your favorite products Aprile?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sis,

I use the retinol skin cream at night, the egf or vitamin c serum with the anti-aging cream over it during the day. I wear her sunscreen daily (not sticky or greasy at all) and I love the Facelift to Go and Body Lift Mask. I am seeing lines around my eyes soften since using this combination on a regular basis. I use the FTG about once a month and it really does lift the face and give the skin more vibrant color (great for exfoliation!) Plus all of her products are lightly scented with essential oils and smell and feel great on the skin. Take care, Aprile Very Happy
elygirl
5% products discount

Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Have not posted in a while because I am working lots of hours. But I hop on the forum every now and then just to see what is new and interesting. I just wanted to post that I am really loving the Ultimate Facercise exercises. My face looks so much younger and I am so happy!! I also just purchased and used Carole's Facelift To Go and Bodylift products recently. OMG ~ they are wonderful! I used the FLTG for a special night out with my honey and it really exfoliated, toned and tightened my skin. I absolutely glowed! The Body Lift is the same ~ it tightens and tones the skin and seems to lift everything up high! (like when you were in your twenties!) So great!! Cheers everyone, Ely
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
elygirl wrote:
Have not posted in a while because I am working lots of hours. But I hop on the forum every now and then just to see what is new and interesting. I just wanted to post that I am really loving the Ultimate Facercise exercises. My face looks so much younger and I am so happy!! I also just purchased and used Carole's Facelift To Go and Bodylift products recently. OMG ~ they are wonderful! I used the FLTG for a special night out with my honey and it really exfoliated, toned and tightened my skin. I absolutely glowed! The Body Lift is the same ~ it tightens and tones the skin and seems to lift everything up high! (like when you were in your twenties!) So great!! Cheers everyone, Ely

Thanks for posting about the Facelift and Bodylift....I have been so tempted. Everything I have used of hers has been great!!

5% products discount

Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Happy to share my results. I do love all of her products too. I probably should start a new thread but I don't get on here much to post.. Best, Ely
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Is it just me or has the EGF serum been reformulated? I've noticed that when I put it on, then my moisturizer, and sunscreen. The EGF ends up balling up. Has anyone noticed that?
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:57 am      Reply with quote
The first EGF I bought from Maggio was green and then the next bottle was clear. I emailed her and she said it was new and improved.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Just got an email with Maggio's special!!!!
Slough off the excess and get your skin glowing for the holidays! Through December 5, I'm offering a special on my Face Lift to Go—firm and exfoliate your skin for only $55 plus shipping (the normal price is $95)! You must call 1.800.597.3555 to receive this amazing discount.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
The first EGF I bought from Maggio was green and then the next bottle was clear. I emailed her and she said it was new and improved.

Thanks Toby.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Skincarefreak ~ I had the same thing happen to me with the EGF and asked Carole about it. It means you are using too much product. First apply a small amount of EGF serum, then apply your moisturizer and allow a few minutes for the serum and cream to absorb into your skin. If you are using Carole's products -spritz your face after applying the egf serum and cream with the heavy water spitz which contains hyaluronic acid; it helps to move the product into the cell. I use a pea size of the sunscreen in my hand, spray it with the heavy water spritz to form an emollielnt and then pat onto my face, neck and hands. No more balling up! I hope everyone is doing well. Haven't been on here much at all lately....too much working, not enough play. HTH, Aprile
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:27 am      Reply with quote
I seem to be having a tough time with the scooping exercise (jaw strengthener)... Aprile, you mention to scoop with the corners of the mouth, but I can't seem to stop the jaw hinges from also moving... When I hear "scoop" it seems to mean, "push the chin forward a bit, and up, then back to a normal position." So, that's how my jaw hinges are activated.

Any help would be appreciated! I have her book (the first one) and can't afford the dvd right now...

Thanks!!
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
Skincarefreak ~ I had the same thing happen to me with the EGF and asked Carole about it. It means you are using too much product. First apply a small amount of EGF serum, then apply your moisturizer and allow a few minutes for the serum and cream to absorb into your skin. If you are using Carole's products -spritz your face after applying the egf serum and cream with the heavy water spitz which contains hyaluronic acid; it helps to move the product into the cell. I use a pea size of the sunscreen in my hand, spray it with the heavy water spritz to form an emollielnt and then pat onto my face, neck and hands. No more balling up! I hope everyone is doing well. Haven't been on here much at all lately....too much working, not enough play. HTH, Aprile

Thank you Aprile. I will that. Smile

Luminosity,

Hopefully, someone can help. I don't know much about the first exercises. I use the Ultimate DVD. Have you tried youtube?
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Luminosity ~ On her new dvd she's actually changed this exercise a bit and I think it works better this way. It's the positioning of the mouth that's changed. Also, keep your head in a neutral position until the end of the exercise. You are also now closing your mouth and not scooping. First, open your mouth & roll your lower lip over your teeth. Now, wrap the corners of your mouth inside pulling to the back teeth. Instead of holding your mouth in a wide or smile position, make a small mouth. By this I mean keep the corners of your mouth in tight towards eachother as if you were going to give someone a kiss. Keep the upper lip pressing down against the teeth. Open and close your mouth 3 times SLOWLY as if the mouth corners and chin were all connected. HOLD. Now pull your chin up toward the ceiling 1/2 inch. Open and close mouth 3 times SLOWY HOLD. Pull chin up toward the ceiling 1/2 inch.. Open and close mouth 3 times SLOW HOLD. Push your face toward the ceiling and pull your shoulders back. Place hand at chin and move hand up the middle of the face as you look up moving the hand up to the top of the head. Feel the burn along your jawline. Pulse your hand above your head 30 times. Any more questions, just ask! Smile )HTH! Aprile
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, skincarefreak, I did try YouTube, but all I could find were small clips - nothing on the jaw strengthener itself.

I am mostly a FE exerciser (since August) however, I've been looking for a way to speed up my results. Not long ago, I tried Happy Face Yoga, but there are no written instructions or any kind of guide with the dvd. To do those exercises means I have to watch the video each time and there are no chapters. That means sitting through or fast forwarding past the explantion part and I always go too far!

On the other facial exercise thread, the creator of HFY showed up but said he only gives instructions out to students in his classroom. Since I am a student (purchased the dvd) I would expect the same courtesy, but apparently NOT. Rolling Eyes

In any case, recently I found an old CM book at a local used book store and to my surprise, many of the HFY techniques are very similar to CM. At least with CM, I get instructions! Only, from reading this entire thread, I realize that the newer version of her exercises is much better. Oh well. I'll just plug along until I can afford it.

I really appreciate hearing about your results because I read you also use FE, and incorporate both CM and FE in your regimen. Would so love to have more upper cheek defination and less gauntness...
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Skincarefreak ~ You are very welcome! Smile Aprile
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
Hi Luminosity ~ On her new dvd she's actually changed this exercise a bit and I think it works better this way. It's the positioning of the mouth that's changed. Also, keep your head in a neutral position until the end of the exercise. You are also now closing your mouth and not scooping. First, open your mouth & roll your lower lip over your teeth. Now, wrap the corners of your mouth inside pulling to the back teeth. Instead of holding your mouth in a wide or smile position, make a small mouth. By this I mean keep the corners of your mouth in tight towards eachother as if you were going to give someone a kiss. Keep the upper lip pressing down against the teeth. Open and close your mouth 3 times SLOWLY as if the mouth corners and chin were all connected. HOLD. Now pull your chin up toward the ceiling 1/2 inch. Open and close mouth 3 times SLOWY HOLD. Pull chin up toward the ceiling 1/2 inch.. Open and close mouth 3 times SLOW HOLD. Push your face toward the ceiling and pull your shoulders back. Place hand at chin and move hand up the middle of the face as you look up moving the hand up to the top of the head. Feel the burn along your jawline. Pulse your hand above your head 30 times. Any more questions, just ask! Smile )HTH! Aprile

Thank you Aprile (lol, my name is April too). I will print this out and try to incorporate the new version you so kindly explained.

When you say HOLD, do you mean I hold with my mouth open or closed? Also, should I hold about 10 seconds? Or is that too short?

It took a long time, but reading this thread has been great! (you are so generous with your time). Thank you very much for your help...
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi April ~ That is way too coincidental!!! Anyway, you are closing your mouth and then HOLD. I would say between 5-10 seconds is fine. There is a count on the dvd, but it's not very long. Any other questions, just ask! Very Happy Take care, Aprile
dna

Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi Experts,

I am new to this forum , this is my first post , I recently purchased Carol Magio's ultimate facercise DVD and have been doing the exercises for about 10 days now (twice a day ,on most of the days). I am totally new to this, recently turned 33 and have nasio libial line , and the || lines beween brows.

was very excited to read some fab reviews abt face exercise on this forum.
I notice that right side of my face seems to be developing more, for .e.g cheek lifted and face looking a bit plump on right side alone.
I am getting worried abt what I am doing wrong? Or Is this an intermidiate state ? Has anyone expirenced this before? do I need to stop the exercise?
Please advise!!

Thx,
DNA
IMCathy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi - I was waiting to see if Aprile would sign on-
Anywho-
No - not doing anything wrong and not doing any damage. Smile
Imbalances happen in the face because one side of the body is stronger, one hand is stronger, etc.
Take a couple of days off from the side that is developing faster than the other, and then maybe try doing half as many on the side that is stronger when you do the weaker side. DOing more on the weaker side too soon will just hinder the muscle development.
Keep a close eye on the feel and look so you know when the sides have caught up with each other, and at that time try going back to following the dvd. It should only take a couple of weeks for things to even out since you are so new to this.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi DNA,

There are a number of things you should consider. First, I echo Cathy’s sentiments about the possibility of one side of your face being stronger. That would certainly be a reason that one side would develop more quickly, simply because that side of your face is stronger. So first I would recommend that you try and focus more on the weaker side while performing the exercises. Also, take notice if you are performing the exercises correctly. You state that the cheek is more lifted and the face fuller on the right side of your face. Make sure that you are using the center of your upper lip to pump your cheeks while performing the cheek energizer. Also, make sure that you are wrapping your mouth corners in towards your back teeth, while making a small mouth NOT like a small while performing the face filler exercise. Sometimes, when you are just a beginner, it is more helpful to perform the exercises along with the DVD for a few weeks. It takes a little longer that way, but you have a visual on exactly how to perform the routine. Secondly, I would ask whether you are sleeping on your side. If so, I would gather that is the side that is not developing as quickly. Side sleeping will create imbalance in the face. The reason for this is that pressure of the head on the pillow all night, causes the face to swell and the skin to stretch. That side of the face will also show more sleep lines upon awakening. To avoid pillow face, learn to sleep on your back. In the long run, this will save your face from developing wrinkles from continual side sleeping. Once your skin loses its elasticity, collagen and fat pads beneath it, the lines will eventually become permanently etched. HTH, Aprile
dna

Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks a lot Cathy and April, you really are the experts Smile I must admit I am guilty of sleeping on my face , will try to change this habit.

April, for face fillers, when you say pull the mouth corners towards back of teeth, is it lip corners or the inside of mouth near jaw hinge, that needs to be pulled towards back teeth? could you please explain?
Also, do we HAVE to do them twice a day, everyday?

I am planning to try these exercises for few more weeks, hoping they won't cause any negative impact and based on the results, will decide to continue or not.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |