Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Carole Maggio Facercise
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
dna wrote:
Thanks a lot Cathy and April, you really are the experts Smile I must admit I am guilty of sleeping on my face, will try to change this habit.

April, for face fillers, when you say pull the mouth corners towards back of teeth, is it lip corners or the inside of mouth near jaw hinge, that needs to be pulled towards back teeth? could you please explain? Also, do we HAVE to do them twice a day, everyday? I am planning to try these exercises for few more weeks, hoping they won't cause any negative impact and based on the results, will decide to continue or not.

Hi DNA,
Yes you are pulling the inner corners of your mouth (closest to the jaw hinge) in towards your back teeth and keeping your mouth in a small position -- not wide like a smile. That is why I recommended you revisit the dvd to see the models and how they position their faces while performing the exercises. That is what I did myself when I first started using the new DVD until I got the hang of it. Even though I was a Facerciser for over 10 years, Carole added some new exercises and revised others so I wanted to be sure I had the correct form. I would say that you should perform the exercises twice a day every day until your face looks the way you want it to. At that point, since you are still relatively young, you can experiment and see if you can get away with just once a day. But, honestly as with regular exercise, there’s really no way of knowing until you cut back to see if you need to do more to maintain. I hope that is helpful. If you have any more questions, please ask. Best regards, Aprile
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Gals, I took the plunge and ordered the new dvd last night... got my Christmas bonus and this was the first thing I thought of buying, lol. Well, it's definitely more affordable than a shopping spree at Anthropologie! Bad Grin

I've been thinking about the twice a day exercise recommendation and I think it makes sense... For me, FlexEffect hasn't been terribly effective. Perhaps one reason for that is that it's once a day and has few repetitions. Just like cardio works better for some body-types whereas others benefit from lifting weights, maybe the same could be said of the different facial exercises.

I'll report back after I get it... Thanks, Aprile, for your support and insight on this thread. It is awesome!
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Luminosity ,

Please let me know how you do with the program. If you have any questions, you can email Carole and she will certainly answer you ASAP. Sometimes she gets a little busy though, so you can always post here and I will respond (I get email notifications.) Also, although twice a day may seem daunting to some, it really isn't. It only takes about 8 mins. to complete the Super Set which most people can "graduate" to once they've completely mastered the routine. Take care, Aprile
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I've done the Ultimate Facercise dvd twice now! Last night at around 10 pm and again this morning.

It seems powerful. I am actually pretty sore, lol. Wasn't able to quite complete some of the long-O exercises. My cheeks were on fire...

Just wondering about that - I'm guessing this is normal?

I'm sure I'll have other questions... Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
April,

I already have a couple of questions... Very Happy

Is the instruction to do the 14 exercises twice a day and then ultimately, just get it down to one 8 minute superset once a day?

If so, then how long would you suggest doing the regular length exercises before moving onto the superset ones?

(Thanks for your help!)

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Luminosity,

If your face feels hot when you are done exercising, that's a good thing! It means you are working your muscles hard to the point of exhaustion. Just like when you work out your body hard, you will see your skin turn pink, the same will happen with your face. That flushed feeling is just increased circulation, hence the skin turns rosy pink. The Super Set is actually the same as the longer version, only it takes you through the exercises at a quicker pace because it doesn't include all of the detailed instruction. Also, if you watch it on the DVD, you will see she has you use a counter or a wall to push against, etc. So, it really depends when you feel you are ready. Right now, I do the super set twice a day. I think it really depends on each individuals needs as to whether they will need to continue to do the routine once or twice at day. Now in my 50's, I feel I benefit more by doing them twice a day to maintain my results. As with anything in life though, it's trial and error to see what works bet for you once you've achieved your personal goals with facial exercise. Please post your results! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any additional questions. Best, Aprile Smile
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:38 am      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
Hi Luminosity,

If your face feels hot when you are done exercising, that's a good thing! It means you are working your muscles hard to the point of exhaustion. Just like when you work out your body hard, you will see your skin turn pink, the same will happen with your face. That flushed feeling is just increased circulation, hence the skin turns rosy pink. The Super Set is actually the same as the longer version, only it takes you through the exercises at a quicker pace because it doesn't include all of the detailed instruction. Also, if you watch it on the DVD, you will see she has you use a counter or a wall to push against, etc. So, it really depends when you feel you are ready. Right now, I do the super set twice a day. I think it really depends on each individuals needs as to whether they will need to continue to do the routine once or twice at day. Now in my 50's, I feel I benefit more by doing them twice a day to maintain my results. As with anything in life though, it's trial and error to see what works bet for you once you've achieved your personal goals with facial exercise. Please post your results! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any additional questions. Best, Aprile Smile

Oooh... ok, cool. I thought the Superset was a condensed version of the regular 14 exercises - meaning not as many reps per exercise. If the reps are the same (or close to it), then I can see myself moving onto two supersets twice a day soon.

I really do enjoy the burn even though during the final 5-10 counts I really want to cry, lol. The long-O exercises really start to tire the under jaw area of my face (not sure what you call that ). Even though some of the exercises are meant for upper face, I find it's my lower face that struggles... I can't even complete some sets yet. I hope hope that I'm not doing something wrong there...

My plan is to go through the visual demonstrations one more time and write down any questions that come up. You are so nice to help us out with this... Smile

This morning my I woke up with my face feeling "tighter." Like things were firmer. I love it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi Luminosity,

Let me know which lower face exercises you are having trouble with and I will try and help you. You should be able to complete all of them, however, when new to facial exercise it is sometimes difficult because your muscles aren't used to being worked. Just like when you first start working out with weights, you may not be able to complete all of the reps. It also may be that the lower part of your face is weaker. All different factors come into play. However, if your skin is feeling tighter and firmer, that can only be a good thing. Keep us posted! And don't forget to ask for help if you need it. Best, Aprile Smile
fitnessbunny

Fri May 20, 2011 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
I did Carole Maggio's workout yesterday, and my eyes are feeling it today (a little sore). It must be working!

Not sure about the cheek exercise. It's kind of hard pushing the cheeks up with the mouth in that shape. I'm not sure I'm doing it right. Can anyone help?
guitarbirdb
5% products discount

Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
I recently got Restylane under my eyes and the upper cheeks. Do you know if she offers any highly effective exercises that would really tone my nasolabial folds without interfering with my fillers?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
fitnessbunny wrote:
I did Carole Maggio's workout yesterday, and my eyes are feeling it today (a little sore). It must be working!

Not sure about the cheek exercise. It's kind of hard pushing the cheeks up with the mouth in that shape. I'm not sure I'm doing it right. Can anyone help?

Fitness bunny - What you do is raise the (inner) upper part of the cheek with this exercise. it is very effective - a small, powerful movement when you get it down. You may want to request a one on one with Carole. (Wish I could come help - I sure would!)

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:31 am      Reply with quote
fitnessbunny wrote:

I agree.Be careful not to overbuild your cheeks.Read my next post.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:40 am      Reply with quote
I have been doing this program for 5 months now.I mainly startet cause i wanted to firm my sagging neck,and did neck exercises 5 times a week,and 2 times a week for the face,as she instructed.(My face was really ok,no sagging there..)
I dont know when i first noticed,but i discover to my horror that the firming of the neck,increased my double cheeks,and overbuild my upper neck Embarassed Shock
Now i dont know what do do,as i can`t tell for sure which exercises that are(perhaps more than one) causing the overbuild.The mess we fear most of all....
I have taken a break,but i still look like a cherub,and i am NOT happy...
I wonder if i have to quit completely,and shift to another program.It will not be Carol Maggios,cause i found it to be complicated.
The only one i haven`t looked into is flexeffect.
Any advice or suggestions for me will be greatly appreciated!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
Zenia wrote:
I have been doing this program for 5 months now.I mainly startet cause i wanted to firm my sagging neck,and did neck exercises 5 times a week,and 2 times a week for the face,as she instructed.(My face was really ok,no sagging there..)
I dont know when i first noticed,but i discover to my horror that the firming of the neck,increased my double cheeks,and overbuild my upper neck Embarassed Shock
Now i dont know what do do,as i can`t tell for sure which exercises that are(perhaps more than one) causing the overbuild.The mess we fear most of all....
I wonder if i have to quit completely,and shift to another program.It will not be Carol Maggios,cause i found it to be complicated.

Zenia ~ If you want to PM me maybe I can help. I have never heard of anyone getting overbuild in the neck area. Usually if the neck is saggy, the firming exercises will smoothen the neck and eliminate any cords and not thicken the neck or cause overbuild. Also, the cheek exercises can lift them and fill them out some but I haven't experienced any adverse effects. So, again if you want to PM me, I'd be happy to help. ~ Aprile
UmEnis
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Hello! Just started facercise myself and am very excited about it!..

I have the book and a question Smile

I can make my lip shape (ie the "long strong O" like the verbal description, but it doesn't look like the pictures. Or, I can make my lips match the pictures, but I'm not pulling my lips apart strongly. When I pull them apart strongly, my O is much longer vertically than Carol's.

Should I copy the instructions or the pictures?

My main focus is on filling my gaunt face and getting rid of naso-lab lines. But, I've heard that the nl lines can get a lot worse from Carol's program if you're doing it wrong, so I want to do it right!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:23 am      Reply with quote
Zenia hasn't been doing Facercise but Carolyn's Facial Fitness. She corrected herself in the thread for CFF:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6437007#6437007

I know some people have awkward results from Facercise but think its important to recognise this isn't one of them. I know I used to get scared reading such posts and often used to find out several years later they were never about the program I was doing.
Zenia wrote:
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:25 am      Reply with quote
I think you follow the instructions to the letter. We've all got different faces, and as your going after the muscles, its possible that you have a different face than the models.

Also Carole answers emails personally so if you do get stuck, you can always email her and send her your photos too!
UmEnis wrote:
Hello! Just started facercise myself and am very excited about it!..

I have the book and a question Smile

I can make my lip shape (ie the "long strong O" like the verbal description, but it doesn't look like the pictures. Or, I can make my lips match the pictures, but I'm not pulling my lips apart strongly. When I pull them apart strongly, my O is much longer vertically than Carol's.

Should I copy the instructions or the pictures?

My main focus is on filling my gaunt face and getting rid of naso-lab lines. But, I've heard that the nl lines can get a lot worse from Carol's program if you're doing it wrong, so I want to do it right!
Zenia
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:50 am      Reply with quote
I apolozise for posting in the wrong tread.

Maybe i should try Carole Maggios program,but as i remember someone said, she previously had the same neck exercise as Carolyns.(Twist head left and right 40 times).Her lastest edition of Facersise have different neck exercises.
I did buy the program,tried the neck exercise,but found that this isn`t the time.I am already overbuild,i need a rest,or i may end looking like a Picasso..

Maybe i am the type to build fast,as Caroly mentioned,..i dont know..something went terribly wrong..thats for sure.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:41 am      Reply with quote
Well I think Carolyn borrowed Maggio's neck and nose exercises - she didn't create them at all but they were Maggio's originally.

Some people swear by Facercise. I personaly don't like it. I keep trying the lip exercise after reading everyone's comments but it never feels like its working much to me still Sis and people keep saying it is and i trust them so who knows!
Zenia wrote:

Maybe i should try Carole Maggios program,but as i remember someone said, she previously had the same neck exercise as Carolyns.(Twist head left and right 40 times).Her lastest edition of Facersise have different neck exercises.
I did buy the program,tried the neck exercise,but found that this isn`t the time.I am already overbuild,i need a rest,or i may end looking like a Picasso..

Maybe i am the type to build fast,as Caroly mentioned,..i dont know..something went terribly wrong..thats for sure.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:32 am      Reply with quote
Zenia wrote:

Yes Zenia ~ Carole has changed the neck exercise. She no longer has the one where you lay on the floor or bed and turn head side to side. Actually, there are two new ones the neck toner and the neck and chin lift. The second one is very effective for the neck, chin and jawline. It tightens everything up very nicely. I really like that one... Aprile
Zenia
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:20 am      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
Zenia wrote:

Yes Zenia ~ Carole has changed the neck exercise. She no longer has the one where you lay on the floor or bed and turn head side to side. Actually, there are two new ones the neck toner and the neck and chin lift. The second one is very effective for the neck, chin and jawline. It tightens everything up very nicely. I really like that one... Aprile
I suppose that is the one where you lean to the wall with one hand and creates resistance.
I will keep them in mind,but for now i just rest my chin and neck,hoping(and praying!!)that it will return to normal again within reasonable time. Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:46 am      Reply with quote
Zenia wrote:
aprile wrote:
Zenia wrote:

I suppose that is the one where you lean to the wall with one hand and creates resistance.
I will keep them in mind,but for now i just rest my chin and neck,hoping(and praying!!)that it will return to normal again within reasonable time. Embarassed

It's the one where you grasp the base of your neck with one hand and off push the wall with the other and rock. Hope your neck gets better. Take care, Aprile
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Be careful about overdoing things with any part of your face. If your doing CCF's and thats helping you, great but I'd be careful about mixing and matching whilst there are issues because it seems to always lead to more trouble than its worth![quote="Zenia]I suppose that is the one where you lean to the wall with one hand and creates resistance.
I will keep them in mind,but for now i just rest my chin and neck,hoping(and praying!!)that it will return to normal again within reasonable time. Embarassed[/quote]
UmEnis
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:14 am      Reply with quote
Well, I've been doing this for about 2-3 weeks now and I have very mixed feelings:

I am really happy with the results on my eyes and forehead.

I am really NOT happy with the results on my n-l lines. They seem to have gotten worse! I wrote a letter to Carol (w/pic) and am waiting for a response...

I've been doing the instructions to a "t" with the videos, sometimes in front of a mirror and sometimes with someone else making sure I'm doing them like her...

Rosina@middle-ageless says that working the orbiculus orbitus muscle can make it worse and that some women do find a worsening of the n-l with exercise. She suggests focusing on exercises that work zygomaticus (though that also concerns me as I tend toward gauntness under my cheekbones)

Wondering if can pinpoint which of the exercises are the troublemakers and take it (or them) out.

Definitely keeping the nose shortener and all the neck and eye exercises--loving those!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:04 am      Reply with quote
UmEnis

2-3 weeks isn't a long time, and I suspect that you're probably not seeing the full effects. Carole has always responded to emails, but she does take her time in doing so probably because she has so many people writing to her for tips and info.

There is a specific nl exercise she has, which I struggle with, but I know others who say they do it and it reduces them drastically. I had a one to one with her some years ago, and that might also be one to consider and I do think she is worth seeing because she is literally so empowering. She even gave me a recommendation about a book which has become a best seller and I always feel she's on the forefront of up and coming knowledge. She was the first person I saw to write about hormones and bioidentical hormones with facial exercises so deserves a lot of credit and I don't see anyone working as hard as her to bring facial exercises to the general public.

I don't know Rosina but suspect that she may be an Ageless user as thats the sort of info that Loulou talks about and there may be some truth to it. I have gotten rid of my nl's but they were never an issue for me as I kind of always thought I would have them. I say got rid in that when my face is motionless there are no lines, but if I smile you can kind of see the cheek raise up but there is no nl line when I stop smiling if that makes sense.

I still do the nose shortener and her neck exercises as I feel them really work and I keep doing her lip exercise but I've not seen anything happen from that just yet but Sis's old remarks are still with me as she definitely got results from them, and I've asked her for a reminder as I know they were really motivating.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |