Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Carole Maggio Facercise
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:27 am      Reply with quote
UmEnis wrote:
Well, I've been doing this for about 2-3 weeks now and I have very mixed feelings:

I am really happy with the results on my eyes and forehead.

I am really NOT happy with the results on my n-l lines. They seem to have gotten worse! I wrote a letter to Carol (w/pic) and am waiting for a response...

I've been doing the instructions to a "t" with the videos, sometimes in front of a mirror and sometimes with someone else making sure I'm doing them like her...

Rosina@middle-ageless says that working the orbiculus orbitus muscle can make it worse and that some women do find a worsening of the n-l with exercise. She suggests focusing on exercises that work zygomaticus (though that also concerns me as I tend toward gauntness under my cheekbones)

Wondering if can pinpoint which of the exercises are the troublemakers and take it (or them) out.

Definitely keeping the nose shortener and all the neck and eye exercises--loving those!

Hi UmEnis,
I have been a long-time Facerciser. I have never had a problem with the NL exercise and in fact, it made that area better not worse. Not that I am disputing what you are saying by any means. All of us are unique and different and can experience different results. If you email the photo to Carole, you will get a faster response if you haven't already done so. Also, you could contact her via Skype. I know she's really busy because she runs a spa and gives private lessons and sees many No Lipo Lipo clients daily, but she will try and work with you to figure something out. Hang in there, I'm sure you will get to the bottom of things. Take care, Aprile
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:32 am      Reply with quote
Btw, I also posted this on the NLL thread. I know some people are shy, but Carole offers a gift to anyone who submits their positive before and after photos to use in her newsletter or website. Just thought it was worth mentioning. ~ Aprile Smile
killy
5% products discount

Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:23 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone used the Tuo Visa at well as using Facercise.

I've had the Tuo Visa for a few years now and have been doing Facercise for about 7 months then remembered this little machine.

Will start to use it AM and Facercise PM !!!

aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:57 am      Reply with quote
killy wrote:
Has anyone used the Tuo Visa at well as using Facercise.

I've had the Tuo Visa for a few years now and have been doing Facercise for about 7 months then remembered this little machine.

Will start to use it AM and Facercise PM !!!

Hey Killy,

Absolutely! I don't use the Tuo visa, but use the lighstim annd tdp lamp. I am sure that all devices will potentiate the results of Facercise. I believe facial exercise can help anyone to look better even those using fillers or plastic surgery. ~ Aprile Smile
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Just to add, when I did Facercise exclusively years ago, the exercises did make my NL area look a little worse (though it made most other areas look better).

I eventually found the culprit. When you make that long "O" shape with your mouth when you do some of her cheek and other exercises, I found that to make and hold that long "O", I had to engage my caninus (NL muscle) and mouth muscles a lot. Maybe this is the same thing that is happening for you? This resulted in an undesirable look for me, so I weakened the intensity with which I held the "O". At least that stopped things from getting worse.

HTH Smile

5% products discount

Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi Aprile, I'm a VERY late starter with this beauty thing !! But now use the things I said as well as making my own Vic C serum and using a 0.5 derma roller 2/3 per week. I realised late in life that you have to look after your skin ???? Thick or what ??? Confused
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:16 am      Reply with quote
killy wrote:
Hi Aprile, I'm a VERY late starter with this beauty thing !! But now use the things I said as well as making my own Vic C serum and using a 0.5 derma roller 2/3 per week. I realised late in life that you have to look after your skin ???? Thick or what ??? Confused

That's okay ~ hey better late than never!!! Carole's C serum is great. Never used derma roller. I ordered the bed of pins devicwe off eBay, but I'm still waiting for it to arrive. I heard it doesn't pierce the skin which was more appealing to me personally ... it's more of an energetic device. ~ Aprile
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Did anyone see the photos in Carole Maggio's latest newsletter?

What a lovely and terrific set of before and after photos:

http://www.facercise.com/newsletters/newsletter/images/201111/annette-pre2.jpg

http://www.facercise.com/newsletters/newsletter/images/201111/annette-post2.jpg

Her eyes in particular have improved a lot.

Enjoy Smile

Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hello ,
I am a beginner to facercise. Glad to have found this thread. The before and after pics are fantastic!! The person in the pic looks astoundingly different. So fresh and bright! Hoping it would yield such results for me too.

I'm actually having trouble with the n/l exercise. I cannot feel the burn in the n/l lines at all. Instead, I feel a major burn in my jaw, lower mouth area and before I can even complete the counts I'm exhausted in that area.

I did ask aprile for her guidance in this exercise. She said to make a long narrow "O" instead of a wider "O". After trying and trying I still cannot get the burn in my n/l line and still getting the major burn and exhaustion in my jaw/chin/lower mouth area.

And when you press your upper lip against your teeth, does the lip fold in? Because mine does. I can't seem to hold the upper lip to press against the teeth without folding them in when I make the long "O".

Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:12 am      Reply with quote
hedgehog wrote:
Hello ,
I am a beginner to facercise. Glad to have found this thread. The before and after pics are fantastic!! The person in the pic looks astoundingly different. So fresh and bright! Hoping it would yield such results for me too.

I'm actually having trouble with the n/l exercise. I cannot feel the burn in the n/l lines at all. Instead, I feel a major burn in my jaw, lower mouth area and before I can even complete the counts I'm exhausted in that area.

I did ask aprile for her guidance in this exercise. She said to make a long narrow "O" instead of a wider "O". After trying and trying I still cannot get the burn in my n/l line and still getting the major burn and exhaustion in my jaw/chin/lower mouth area.

And when you press your upper lip against your teeth, does the lip fold in? Because mine does. I can't seem to hold the upper lip to press against the teeth without folding them in when I make the long "O".

Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Hi Hedgehog,
Sorry I didn't see your question. The lips will naturally curve somewhat over the teeth, but should not fold over them as with the face contour exercise. Do you have the travel cards that came with the DVD? If you don't have the cards, look at the ulimate Facercise book photos of the models. The two positions are quite different. With the nasal labial smoother exercise, the mouth is held in a long "O" or oval position with the teeth pressed down against the teeth, not over them. You shouldn't be raising up your cheeks either. That could be part of the problem. As I mentioned, if you concentrate the energy on the nasal labial lines, you should feel it in that area. Do you have the DVD to refer back to? Best, Aprile
hedgehog

Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
hi aprile,
thanks again for the advice. I just got my book back today from my aunt who was interested in having a look at what facercise was about. I have gone through the different mouth positions in the book as well as the DVD. Seems to me that each mouth position for the nasalabial smoother is different! the one in the book is different from the long version DVD although it is the same model doing the exercise. The one in the long version DVD, the upper lip is folded way in into the teeth while in the book, his upper lip was more visible.

the lady in the short version 8 min DVD had a really weird expression and i cannot imitate her lip position. It seemed she "smile" a little.

Anyway, i found that i cannot press my upper lip strong against my teeth without folding it into and over my teeth. Unless i sorta "smile" a little and that brings my upper lip higher so i can press it against my teeth instead of folding it over the teeth. But when i "smile" my N/L lines become visible which does not look right.

aprile, do you "smile" slightly? or no smile at all?
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi Hedgehog,

If it helps you to keep your upper lip pressed flat down against your teeth to smile with your mouth corners, that should be fine. The thing is that everyone's mouth is shaped differently so while it may look different, if you keep a long narrow "O" shape, you should feel it in the nasal labial area. If you have any further issues, please let me know and I will try and "coach" you through it! Btw, is this the only exercise you are having trouble with? Take good care, Aprile
hedgehog

Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
Hi Hedgehog,

If it helps you to keep your upper lip pressed flat down against your teeth to smile with your mouth corners, that should be fine. The thing is that everyone's mouth is shaped differently so while it may look different, if you keep a long narrow "O" shape, you should feel it in the nasal labial area. If you have any further issues, please let me know and I will try and "coach" you through it! Btw, is this the only exercise you are having trouble with? Take good care, Aprile

hi aprile,
again, i dunno how to thank you for your kind help. Appreciate greatly. I will use the method of smiling slightly to keep my upper lip pressed against teeth. But i'm not sure if i'm using my mouth corners to smile though. I sure hope i am.

that's about the only exercise i have major trouble with. The lip plumper one i can't really feel a burn for the centre of the lip but i do feel a burn for the corners of the lips.

The other major problem i have is the posture. I dunno why, but i can't seem to suck my belly button in AND tighten my buttocks at the same time. I can only do one at a time! so i just suck my belly button in and forget about the buttocks. Do you have any suggestions for this one, aprile?

thanks a lot once again!
killy
5% products discount

Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
I've been doing the Facercise for 8 mths and can't say I'm very impressed. I've now started Faceworks, doing it daily for 7 days and think it's sooo much better !!! I can feel my face tighten - never felt that before - to much mind over matter with CM Rolling Eyes
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
To each his own Killy ~ that's why it's so wonderful there are so many programs out there. The energy/visualization component of Carole's program is important, but not critical. You should have seen some improvements in 8 months time...so I guess if you were doing things correctly, it's time to move on.
killy
5% products discount

Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:14 am      Reply with quote
I agree Aprile. I had high hopes for CM programme I have 2 books and DVD and I have quite a good imagination. I really tried hard with the exercises. I'm glad you're having such good results.
I love the Tamaka facial massage on You Tube
I feel they help as well.
As you say we are all different - Thank goodness so what suits one may not suit another we are so lucky to have so many good programmes out there to choose from. Exclamation
RyanA
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
For a few years off and on, I have considered doing facial excercies as a preventative measure. I am 32 now and don't really have any wrinkles and I have taken good care of my skin. I have never been one to show much expression with my forehead like frowning with my brows or raising my brows (my mom is the same way). And I believe that's a big reason why I don't have even the faintest trace of lines there. I see people in their early 20's who do talk with their forehead a lot, and they do have wrinkles there.

I purchased FlexEffect years back. but I was always scared to really do it, because some of the exercises required you to do things like raise your eyebrows and furrow your eyebrows. I just didn't believe this was good, because my Mom and I are proof that NOT doing those things will keep a smooth forehead.

So my question is do the exercises in Facercise cause you to make wrinkled faces, on the forehead or anywhere else? If so, I wonder if I should stay away. I always wanted to start something like this while I'm relatively young, but I don't want to cause problems.

TIA!
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
RyanA wrote:
So my question is do the exercises in Facercise cause you to make wrinkled faces, on the forehead or anywhere else? If so, I wonder if I should stay away. I always wanted to start something like this while I'm relatively young, but I don't want to cause problems.

TIA!

Hi Ryan,
There is only one exercise in the Facercise program that has you raise your eyebrows as if you were surprised. BUT, you are holding the brows down in place so that you aren't creasing or furrowing your brow. If you perform the exercise correctly, you should not see any adverse affects. Best, Aprile
RyanA
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Aprile. That makes sense. As long as I can look in the mirror while doing the exercise and see that I'm not creasing my brow, I'll feel better about it. I am going to go ahead and order the DVD. I am excited to get started.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi Ryan

Just to say that with FlexEffect, much like Facercise, you aren't just raising your brows or furrowing them, your using your hands to minimise the damage that would otherwise be caused. So when you say you and your mum are proof that not doing these things keep your forehead smooth - its not the same as what they have you do.

For one the Brow Smoother Exercise that is in FlexEffect is very similar to the one in Facercise, so if your scared by that one, you may be scared by that one too.

Theresa
aprile wrote:
RyanA wrote:

TIA!

Hi Ryan,
There is only one exercise in the Facercise program that has you raise your eyebrows as if you were surprised. BUT, you are holding the brows down in place so that you aren't creasing or furrowing your brow. If you perform the exercise correctly, you should not see any adverse affects. Best, Aprile
RyanA
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
In the FlexEffect video I have-it was an old one, a VHS-when she performed some of the exercises, she was actually making wrinkles in her forehead. Its been a while so I don't know what the exercises were, but that's what gave me pause about it. It may be different in the newer DVD's.
killy
5% products discount

Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:50 am      Reply with quote
Faceworks uses an exercise similiar to the others. You must put one hand on your forehead to keep it smooth while doing the eyebrow exercise. Smile
yasmeen22
5% products discount

Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
dear Aprile

can you explain CM's Nose Transformer excercise... i have the book only ... didnt buy her DVD yet .. i've been doing the nose shortner for a while... is the Nose transformer thing quite different ???

Would u please help ?
RyanA
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:23 am      Reply with quote
I just got my DVD yesterday and watched/tried it twice and...I don't know how I feel about it yet. It seems the only difference in some of the exercises is the energy field/visualization stuff. For instance the nasal labial one; it seems that same mouth positioning is in some of the other exercises-the only thing different is the visualization stuff. Unless I am missing something.

I don't know, I will watch it a few more times. I am for visualization, but some of this seems kind of silly. I think I will avoid the one where you squeeze the eyes shut really tight. Doesn't squinting cause wrinkles? I had been concerned about the forehead one, but that one seems to be okay. I looked in the mirror while doing that one, and I'm not making any wrinkles in my forehead while doing it, so I may do that one just to build the muscle. The neck exercises seem like they will be pretty good. And I am totally LOST on the lip plumper one. Well, I will keep an open mind for now.
Holmes
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
To those in the U.K. -
Starting next Monday, 23.1.12, Carole Maggio will be giving a lesson on face exercises every morning for a week on the Lorraine Show, on ITV.
There is also a brief glimpse of her working on someone's tummy,so the NLL might be included.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |