Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Carole Maggio Facercise
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sally565
5% products discount

Tue May 08, 2012 4:39 am      Reply with quote
ovidiu wrote:
....muscles may seem dead, but they are not. One should be persistent to get them "alive". A good idea is to start with massage, that would eventually wake the muscle to life.

No program is perfect. When starting facial workout use your brain to discover new exercises so that you feel your muscles working. Many of Carol exercises are ridiculous to me. In the beginning, when I tried to build cheek muscles using different programs, I ended up developing huge monkey mouth Smile. Over time I got to my own way of training levator labii and zygomaticus muscles. It might be stupid but it works like a charm for me.

In my late twenties I had deep, almost vertical, nasolabial folds. It seemed whole cheek has slided down. My grandmother has them, my dad has them, so I guess I inherited them. After two years of attempts I managed to get rid of them almost completely (happy now) Smile.

None of Carol Maggio, Eva Fraser, Deborah Crowley, etc invented facial exercises. 100 years ago Sanford Bennett had the idea of trainig facial muscles. Read "Old Age Cause- Prevention" and see how he looked at 72 years old.

The point is do not religiously follow one or another's regimen. Create your own training regimen. See what works best for you.
Sorry if i was a little off-topic Smile.

I completely agree with many of the points you made here! Its sooo true- Every face is different so one program can NEVER apply to all No matter what they tell you!

I wonder how did you get rid of your nasolabial folds? I would be very interested to learn, I am only 25 too yet have pretty deep ones. I also feel like its because my cheeks have slid down .... Care to share your secret ? Smile
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Yes, please do share with us how you got rid of you NL lines!

Thu May 31, 2012 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
I am wondering, since I have not seen this discussed before on any CM site. What is the purpose of Carol's instructions to "follow the energy up follow the energy down" on the NL exercise? And also any of the exercise's that have the fingers running along on top of the face or out in mid-air? I do not see how that works??? Confused Confused

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:10 am      Reply with quote
Carol Maggio is back on the uk Lorraine Show next week. But this time she will be talking about skincare.
silver73
5% products discount

Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:39 am      Reply with quote
How long did it take before you saw results and where were the results most noticeable?
Holmes
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Bump!
I got it wrong - Maggio was demonstrating cellulite busting this morning, not skincare.
A model showed how to use your own hands for No Lipo Lipo on bum and belly.
She's appearing again on Thursday, but I don't know what the subject will be this time.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:13 am      Reply with quote
Ovidiu you know you do raise a good point, but I think its also important to realise that when people start out they should follow one to learn their faces and which parts respond and which parts don’t before they start mixing and matching because nowadays there are hundreds of programs out there and I think it can be mind boggling if you say to someone don’t follow one regime create your own because there is a ton of information out there, and trying to piece it all together before you know your own face is doing etc. I do think your right that after a time people have to tweak things but I think there is a bit of a way when starting out.

As you say when you tried to build cheeks using different programs you ended up with huge monkey mouth – well that may be because you overdid things with one muscle group, and the same would be true for most people who did many programs. So I’m urging caution to your good thoughts here that’s all.
ovidiu wrote:
Every person has its own particularities. Muscles may be slightly different, depending on the person, or may attached on different points. It takes some time to discover where the facial muscles are on your face. Some muscles may seem dead, but they are not. One should be persistent to get them "alive". A good idea is to start with massage, that would eventually wake the muscle to life.

No program is perfect. When starting facial workout use your brain to discover new exercises so that you feel your muscles working. Many of Carol exercises are ridiculous to me. In the beginning, when I tried to build cheek muscles using different programs, I ended up developing huge monkey mouth Smile. Over time I got to my own way of training levator labii and zygomaticus muscles. It might be stupid but it works like a charm for me.

None of Carol Maggio, Eva Fraser, Deborah Crowley, etc invented facial exercises. 100 years ago Sanford Bennett had the idea of trainig facial muscles. Read "Old Age Cause- Prevention" and see how he looked at 72 years old.

The point is do not religiously follow one or another's regimen. Create your own training regimen. See what works best for you.

Sorry if i was a little off-topic Smile.
ovidiu

Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:35 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary, you are right. First of all, one should have a start point. As the word says "first imitate, then innovate".

Sandooch:
"Yes, please do share with us how you got rid of you NL lines!"

There is no magic program that works for everyone in any circumstances. You should discover what works for you.
I tried almost everything on the market but it seemed that nothing was working. That was because my face muscles were so atrophied. It took some time to awake them. Until I woke up my cheek muscles (levators, zygomaticus) I was continuously developing mouth muscle. It was unwillingly trying to compensate for cheek muscles weakness.

Now I got to the point that I can feel cheek muscles and I am doing only one exercise since the results are so obvious. I cover my cheeks with the back of my hand while I contract the muscles. I can feel them contracting under my palms. I don't have a specific number of repetitions, nor a time to keep the contraction. I might seem stupid but I'am doing it until I feel a slight sign of soreness. I am exercising at night, in bed, before sleep, or when I have time.

I feel my cheeks responds better when I'm doing what is called negative contraction: the muscles are already contracted when I start pressing and I am mentaing pressure while slowly relaxing muscles.

On my experience Sanford Bennett has the best program and his book can be found free on the internet. It is such a simple idea that it can hardly be called a program. I think it is good even for beginners.

About herediy:
I think people overestimate the term "heredity". It means "I inherited something from my ancestors" NOT "It's something i cannot change". There are inherited things you have to live with (eg. eye color, hair color), but many others can be changed.
I once heard one saying he is fat like his father, and there's nothing he can do about it, it's about genetics. WRONG. Stop eating junkies, start exercising.
Same with nasolabial folds. You inherited weak cheek muscles but you can make them strong by right exercise.
I feel my intelligence insulted by dermatologists and esteticians saying you can overcome NL folds only by surgery, since NL are mostly inherited. Some of them are trying to sell something but many are just stupid.
ovidiu

Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:19 am      Reply with quote
*aestheticians instead of "esteticians"

Please pardon my english, it is not my first language.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi

I think there always has to be tweaks to any program out there no matter what anyone says as we’re all wanting different things, and its not to say there’s anything wrong with using just one program, hell if it worked for me I’d do anyone in its entirety, but what I noticed is that I lean towards some particular exercises from one system which give better results in a particular area and I can feel working, and combine those with similar exercises from other systems to make my own kind of workout and I think I was very lucky in that when I began there were only a handful of programs, but nowadays there are so many even I would be lost. However I do really like to lean people towards programs where they have support and people who will answer questions and give advice as that to me is soo important and helpful. In my situation I did a few programs and even had live one on one classes with a fantastic teacher, but after a while the exercises stopped working. No idea why but that’s just what happened. However, I do enjoy working my facial muscles out and its addictive for sure!

Its interesting that you mention the negative contraction thing, as I never realised about positive/negative contractions till the flexeffects program mentioned it, and it was a aha moment for me, and now I’m seeing how they’re starting to crop up all over the place which is excellent.

Sanford Bennett’s stuff though to me when I read wasn’t exercises, but more like a very frictious massage (which I love). And his photos are proof that they do work. However with the body exercises I always have been a visual learner and find them difficult to understand. I wish someone would create a video demoing all his stuff because it would be so useful!

About heredity, even though it may mean "I inherited something from my ancestors" even nowadays with studies of epigenics we’re realising that a lot of what we thought came from our ancestors don’t but are from our environments. There’s even thoughts that what we thought of as genetics is completely incorrect now.

Don’t worry re your English – you speak it very well and we all can understand you and its great to have you here sharing!
Jennifre

Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:35 am      Reply with quote
I used CM's Facercise for about 2 weeks, twice a day, when I was about 36 years old, and then, like an idiot, stopped doing the exercises as soon as my under-eye bags disappeared. Which they did, entirely! It was very exciting, and I am very dumb.

Lips work like a charm, after the first time it's visible. Again, the secret is consistency!

I am many years older now, and am horrified to constantly be staring at the bags, and now see crepey winkles there too. Ugh!

What I'm a little unsure of is how CM's exercises may work once I've let things go to long. I'm trying again anyway, though not consistently, which I know is the secret, really in all things, to success.

Try, try again. If I can be consistent, wish me luck, I will definitely post here. And include photos if I can figure out how!

Great site, have loved it for years and years....

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:15 am      Reply with quote
To me facial exercises are just like the body, and sometimes I’ve had to stop them, but when I start back up again I’m pretty able to speedily get back to where I left off so I wouldn’t worry Jennifre. I think if they worked for you once, then they are likely to work for you again for sure. Try it out and see.
Jennifre wrote:
I used CM's Facercise for about 2 weeks, twice a day, when I was about 36 years old, and then, like an idiot, stopped doing the exercises as soon as my under-eye bags disappeared. Which they did, entirely! It was very exciting, and I am very dumb.

Lips work like a charm, after the first time it's visible. Again, the secret is consistency!

I am many years older now, and am horrified to constantly be staring at the bags, and now see crepey winkles there too. Ugh!

What I'm a little unsure of is how CM's exercises may work once I've let things go to long. I'm trying again anyway, though not consistently, which I know is the secret, really in all things, to success.

Try, try again. If I can be consistent, wish me luck, I will definitely post here. And include photos if I can figure out how!

Great site, have loved it for years and years....
marengo

Sat May 11, 2013 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I am 42, I started Maggio's facial exercise around 3 weeks ago, twice per day. And I must say it does work, yes. My face feels so much more firm, tone and lift. Wrinkles and my ugly NL are still there Laughing , but I hope... In 3 weeks I really see a difference and will continue on.

April, seems you are a big fan of CM, what about NL folds?

Also, my face is very asymmetrical, right side is younger, less wrinkles, more lifted, shorter NL folds. Is it possible to fix asymmetry somehow?

Thanks for the great forum, very very useful posts and nice community ))

Thanks
marengo

Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
hi,

I wanted to show you my 1st results. I hope in 7 months I'll be much better Laughing , but I see (and feel) some positive changes already.

I cannot post URLs here, so copy/paste this URL please:

Code:
img809.imageshack.us/img809/5148/e1y1.jpg

Thanks
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
marengo wrote:
Hi,

I am 42, I started Maggio's facial exercise around 3 weeks ago, twice per day. And I must say it does work, yes. My face feels so much more firm, tone and lift. Wrinkles and my ugly NL are still there Laughing , but I hope... In 3 weeks I really see a difference and will continue on.

April, seems you are a big fan of CM, what about NL folds?

Also, my face is very asymmetrical, right side is younger, less wrinkles, more lifted, shorter NL folds. Is it possible to fix asymmetry somehow?

Thanks for the great forum, very very useful posts and nice community ))

Thanks

Yes Merengo I would say that Facercise can definitely help to fix asymmetry in the face. However, if I were to guess, you probably have more lines and wrinkles on the side of your face that you sleep on. This is a big no no! Not only that, facial asymmetry can be greatly improved by sleeping on your back. The nasal labial area should be an easy fix with the nasal labial plumper exercise as well. BUT again, if you sleep on your side, those nasal labial lines will get deeper. I started CM's exercises at age 41 and continue to do some of them today. I have since graduated to microcurrent for some more skin plumping because my face was getting a little gaunt in the lower cheek area, but I am 57 and have little facial fat pads... So I am hopeful that this unit I have purchased will help with that... So far, so good. Best, Aprile
hars99
5% products discount

Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Have anyone tried Carole Maggio's Ultimate Facercise DVD. I am planning to get one..n i was wondering if it has face widener and nose toning exercises.And is it advisable to try only few exercises in the program or we have to do whole schedule to see the results
If anyone has tried other programs that widens face , please suggest them.
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
Will CM help to lift the outer arch of the eyebrows higher and lift the mouth area *(upper lip especially) ? I'm 29 years old.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:33 am      Reply with quote
It can definitely help with the eyebrows but not so sure about lifting just the upper lip area - as the way the mouth muscle is - its a ring muscle so it builds as a whole - top, bottom, sides etc but I think it could definitely help. It might be worth while sending in your photo to Carole Maggio directly as she does respond to emails and she can best advise you.
tasha92337 wrote:
Will CM help to lift the outer arch of the eyebrows higher and lift the mouth area *(upper lip especially) ? I'm 29 years old.
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
thank you for sharing Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone have an old copy of the Facercise DVD they would like to sell? I recently moved and was gonna get back on the bandwagon, I cannot find it anywhere. I really liked the old one, and I've looked on Amazon, eBay, and even the facercise site but looks like the "ultimate" is the only one being sold. I find it kind of strange actually but if anyone has one or know where I can find one please pm me!!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |