Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::REVIEW:: 302 Skincare Part 2: More Questions and Feedback
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Oubeautiskin

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I have been using 302 products close to 9 mths, initially i experienced some darkening but that subsided after sometime. However, recently i have been having some allergic reactions-dryness, itchiness, flaking and swollen eyes....wonder if this has anything to do with my Neutrogena Cleanser with contains citric acid? Does anyone know if citric acid is compatible with 302 products? I have been looking for cleanser without citric acid for sometime now but so far no luck.Sad I would really appreciate if anyone could recommend a 302 compatible cleanser besides the calmskin cleanser. BTW, i already have the 302 FB bar and 302 cleanser- just need 1 more cleanser to rotate...
xusia
5% products discount

Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:56 am      Reply with quote
Citric acid is not compatible with 302. Maybe you can just cleanse with warm water? I only use the cleanser in the morning and just wash my face with water at night.
nakeidknits
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I wonder if anyone has heard from Boski, I hope she's well?

I know! I miss her.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Wondering if this would be compatible with 302. Here are the ingredients...anyone?

Water (Purified), Vegetable Glycerin, Lavender Alcohol (Organic), Green Clay, Gigartina Papillata (Wildcrafted Seaweed), White Bentonite, Camellia Sinensis (Organic Green Tea Powder), Matcha Tea Powder (Organic), ALAria Marginata (Wildcrafted Sea Vegetable Powder), Glycerol Stearate, Soy Lecithin, Chondrus Crispus (Wildcrafted Irish Moss), Sucrose Stearate, Saccharum Officinarum Extract (Organic Cane Sugar), Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil (Organic Jojoba Seed Oil), Helianthus Annuus (Organic Sunflower Seed Oil), Mixed Tocopherols (Vitamin E), Organic Essential Oils of:, Citrus Reticulata (Green Mandarin), Myrtus Communis (Green Myrtle), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender), Ocimum Basilicum Var. Linalol (Basil Linalol), Organic Herbal Extracts of:, Ilex Paraguariensis (Yerba Mate Tea), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber), Calendula Officinalis (Calendula), Laminaria Digitata (Kelp), Lycium Eleagnus Barbarum (Goji Berry), Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract (Acai Berry), Citrus Limon (Lemon Peel), Mentha Piperita (Peppermint), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary), Xanthan Gum

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:59 am      Reply with quote
xusia wrote:
Thanks SkinCareJunkie! But I'm a guy and would the powder make it look like I have makeup on?

Xusia,

Did you ever find a sunscreen that works? I use the 302 mineral sunscreen. I use the 302 SPF 30 liquid sunscreen then brush the mineral over top. It does leave my skin with a tint. If you just use the 302 mineral sunscreen it doesn't leave as much as a tint.

You may want to try the Premium mineral sunscreen. It's a white powder.

The problem with mineral sunscreens is you have to apply quite a bit to achieve adequate protection (from what I've read).

So I hope this helps!

Smile
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:01 am      Reply with quote
nakeidknits wrote:
Wondering if this would be compatible with 302. Here are the ingredients...anyone?

Water (Purified), Vegetable Glycerin, Lavender Alcohol (Organic), Green Clay, Gigartina Papillata (Wildcrafted Seaweed), White Bentonite, Camellia Sinensis (Organic Green Tea Powder), Matcha Tea Powder (Organic), ALAria Marginata (Wildcrafted Sea Vegetable Powder), Glycerol Stearate, Soy Lecithin, Chondrus Crispus (Wildcrafted Irish Moss), Sucrose Stearate, Saccharum Officinarum Extract (Organic Cane Sugar), Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil (Organic Jojoba Seed Oil), Helianthus Annuus (Organic Sunflower Seed Oil), Mixed Tocopherols (Vitamin E), Organic Essential Oils of:, Citrus Reticulata (Green Mandarin), Myrtus Communis (Green Myrtle), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender), Ocimum Basilicum Var. Linalol (Basil Linalol), Organic Herbal Extracts of:, Ilex Paraguariensis (Yerba Mate Tea), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber), Calendula Officinalis (Calendula), Laminaria Digitata (Kelp), Lycium Eleagnus Barbarum (Goji Berry), Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract (Acai Berry), Citrus Limon (Lemon Peel), Mentha Piperita (Peppermint), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary), Xanthan Gum

The only thing I could find that might be of help is this blog entry.

http://dannyvanity.blogspot.com/2009/11/intergrating-302.html
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:03 am      Reply with quote
Oubeautiskin wrote:
Hi all,

I have been using 302 products close to 9 mths, initially i experienced some darkening but that subsided after sometime. However, recently i have been having some allergic reactions-dryness, itchiness, flaking and swollen eyes....wonder if this has anything to do with my Neutrogena Cleanser with contains citric acid? Does anyone know if citric acid is compatible with 302 products? I have been looking for cleanser without citric acid for sometime now but so far no luck.Sad I would really appreciate if anyone could recommend a 302 compatible cleanser besides the calmskin cleanser. BTW, i already have the 302 FB bar and 302 cleanser- just need 1 more cleanser to rotate...

Have you thought about purchasing the Acne Cleanser? This is my favorite one! It has helped clear up my Acne.

Another route you may want to try is the Oil Cleansing Method. I use Organic Coconut oil to wash with sometimes.
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:04 am      Reply with quote
Danny is a 302 user and has some good information on his blog.

http://dannyvanity.blogspot.com/

Smile
xusia
5% products discount

Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Skincarejunkie,

I still haven't found a sunscreen that would work for me. I have already tried the 302 sunscreen but it makes my face break out badly. What I've also noticed is that the more I wash my face (only twice a day, I use sensitive cleanser and the bar) the dryer it becomes. It gets really sensitive/dry and I'd have to stop using the actives for a couple days and just use argan oil as a moisturizer. If I just wash my face with warm water and use the cleanser maybe once a couple day it will slowly calm my face. It's annoying because it seems like I'm going back and forth with the same path. Maybe these cleansers are not for me? What do you guys think? TIA~
xusia
5% products discount

Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
BTW I'm also using the easy eye solutions if that makes any difference. It's my understanding that the product is compatible with the 302 line?
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:23 am      Reply with quote
xusia wrote:
Skincarejunkie,

I still haven't found a sunscreen that would work for me. I have already tried the 302 sunscreen but it makes my face break out badly. What I've also noticed is that the more I wash my face (only twice a day, I use sensitive cleanser and the bar) the dryer it becomes. It gets really sensitive/dry and I'd have to stop using the actives for a couple days and just use argan oil as a moisturizer. If I just wash my face with warm water and use the cleanser maybe once a couple day it will slowly calm my face. It's annoying because it seems like I'm going back and forth with the same path. Maybe these cleansers are not for me? What do you guys think? TIA~

Xusia,

I'm sorry you haven't found a sunscreen that works!

When you started using 302 did you use acids before? I know there can be some purging when you stop using acids.

Did you have acne prior to using the cleansers?

Also how long have you been using Argan oil? Did you just start using it?

What actives are you using? For along time I couldn't use any actives all I did was cleanse my face. You don't have to cleanse your face everyday. You may just want to cleanse it once a day.

Sorry for all the questions I'm just trying to help you out!

As far as easy eye solutions go, if your not using the 302 eye treatment I don't think it should matter.
xusia
5% products discount

Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
SkinCareJunkie,

I did use acids before I started using 302 but I stopped using all of them for about 2 weeks before I started using any of the actives (it went REALLY well for a while until my skin somehow started to dry out). I'm currently on the C boost and 302 drops right now, rotating them every other day and rest on Sunday. What I did notice is that I get less irritation from the C boost than the 302 drop. I was already using Argan Oil prior to the 302 treatment so I know that it's not the Argan Oil as it actually calms my skin. I have mild acne (I get probably 2 small whiteheads a week). Do you think I started the actives too soon? TIA~
seilla

Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:42 am      Reply with quote
Oubeautiskin wrote:
Hi all,

Hi,
I had the same problem when I mixed product(Neutrogena SPF 50) with 302 products. I have stopped using Neutrogena and am just using 302 products and my skin is looking good. Its been 7 months now and my skin keeps improving and am loving it.Thank you.

Regards
Seilla
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:50 am      Reply with quote
xusia wrote:
SkinCareJunkie,

I did use acids before I started using 302 but I stopped using all of them for about 2 weeks before I started using any of the actives (it went REALLY well for a while until my skin somehow started to dry out). I'm currently on the C boost and 302 drops right now, rotating them every other day and rest on Sunday. What I did notice is that I get less irritation from the C boost than the 302 drop. I was already using Argan Oil prior to the 302 treatment so I know that it's not the Argan Oil as it actually calms my skin. I have mild acne (I get probably 2 small whiteheads a week). Do you think I started the actives too soon? TIA~

Hi Ya,

I would cut out the actives for now. If I remember from reading the older thread some people had issues with starting actives too soon. So I would just cleanse your face and use your Argan Oil. Then I would add one active at a time. I hope this helps. I'm not sure who you ordered your products from. If you ordered from Jennifer she is always happy to help!

Wishing you great skin Smile
xusia
5% products discount

Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
SkinCareJunkie,

I got the product via Jennifer but she doesn't have any suggestion on the sunblocks either. I called a local 302 provider and she recommended Dermalogica super sensitive faceblock spf30. Here's the ingredient list:

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.7%, Zinc Oxide 9.2%
Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Dicaprylyl Ether, Polyglyceryl-3 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone/vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Triethoxysilylethyl Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Hexyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sodium DNA, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium PCA, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Silica, Carbomer, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Linalool, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

do you guys think this will work? TIA~
nakeidknits
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Xusia,

Have you tried the 302 Ointment Rx as a sunscreen? It has a 20SPF. I couldn't use the regular 302 sunscreen, but this one works for me...

5% products discount

Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Jennifer actually recommended this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0017QNP1M/ref=oss_product

I just placed the order yesterday and I will keep you guys informed on how it works out. Thanks a ton!
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
xusia wrote:
Jennifer actually recommended this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0017QNP1M/ref=oss_product

I just placed the order yesterday and I will keep you guys informed on how it works out. Thanks a ton!

Hi Xusia!

I'm really glad Jennifer found you a sunscreen! It looks like a great product! I like the fact it's not loaded with ingredients.

If that doesn't work out like Nakeidknits said you could try the ointment.

Keep us posted! Very Happy
xusia
5% products discount

Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
So I've tried the sunblock for a couple days and haven't had a break out which is good! But I've been off the 302 drops and only used the C boost every other day therefore I'm not sure if it's compatible with Avogen yet. The sunblock itself has a very thin consistency and gives a nice coconut smell. It doesn't even feel like I'm wearing a sunblock after it's applied. However my face got red even though I wasn't even in the sun for more than 30 minutes (I work in an office and the drive to work is about 15 minutes). Does any of you reapply the sunscreen during the day? TIA~
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
xusia wrote:
So I've tried the sunblock for a couple days and haven't had a break out which is good! But I've been off the 302 drops and only used the C boost every other day therefore I'm not sure if it's compatible with Avogen yet. The sunblock itself has a very thin consistency and gives a nice coconut smell. It doesn't even feel like I'm wearing a sunblock after it's applied. However my face got red even though I wasn't even in the sun for more than 30 minutes (I work in an office and the drive to work is about 15 minutes). Does any of you reapply the sunscreen during the day? TIA~

Hi Xusia,

I'm really glad your loving your sunscreen! I'm glad you haven't had any breakouts. I would just keep doing the C boost for awhile.

I'm not sure why your face got red. Maybe it was something in the sunscreen? I don't reapply my sunscreen throughout out the day. I make sure I apply 1/4 teaspoon to over my face and neck. You could reapply it during the day if you want too. Do you wear sunglasses or a hat? It helps provide extra protection!

Keep us posted on your progress! Very Happy
fadedgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
SkinCareJunkie wrote:

Smile

YAY Nemo's blog! Thanks for posting that SCJ.
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
fadedgirl wrote:
SkinCareJunkie wrote:

Smile

No problem hun! Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
SkinCareJunkie wrote:
fadedgirl wrote:
SkinCareJunkie wrote:

Smile

No problem hun! Very Happy

I didn't know he had a blog..awesome!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
And he has pics, it was so cool to see him after reading all of his posts. Very Happy
mk12
5% products discount

Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hello all. I hope you don't mind my crashing your thread. I have read a lot about 302 Skincare in the last day or two. This product line mainly caught my attention because of the part about not using acids or things like BP on the skin.

I used ProActiv from about 2001-2006 and it caused a lot of irritation, chronic inflammation, UV sensitivity, and damaged my skin, making it look significantly older.

In 2006 I started looking for alternatives to ProActiv, and eventually went to using homemade aspirin toner and/or aspirin masks for a while to keep my skin under control during this transition. It took me a while to wean off of the ProActiv, as anyone who has used BP probably knows, it is difficult to just stop using it with out getting terrible rebound acne. The aspirin masks and toner kept my skin pretty clear, but I didn't feel good about the long term effects of using acidic aspirin on my face.

I ended up switching to the Acne Gel sold by Best Bath Store which was almost completely natural, it's main active ingredient being manuka honey which is very gentle and healing. It proved to be a much better alternative to ProActiv, though not completely non-irritating.

I also went back to using completely natural products by Aubrey Organics including their Sea Buckthorn Cleanser and an exfoliating scrub, along with Emu Oil as a facial moisturizer, which helped a lot and started to finally decrease my skin's chronic inflammation a bit, though I still had a long way to go.

At this point I could see some improvement, but I still tended to have a lot of irritation and redness in my face, and it didn't take much to get red bumps, although I was usually able to keep them from turning into full blown acne blemishes.

Well, to make a long story even longer... I came across some information about washing your face with only water, which made a lot of sense to me and was accompanied by many rave reviews... which led me to reading some posts on this site about certain microfiber cloths used with water only.

I ended up buying a $10 Wonder Cloth last year and committed to using only water to wash my face (with the wonder cloth) in the mornings, and also in the evenings if I wasn't wearing any makeup. The Wonder Cloth can completely remove makeup without cleanser, but then you have to clean it off the cloth. Since I'm lazy, if I have makeup on, I use either Aubrey Organics Everyday Liquid Body Soap, or their Sea Buckthorn cleanser - apply it with my hands, rinse it off along with any makeup, and then I go over my face twice with the Wonder Cloth. (Gently.)

The idea behind this method is to restore your skin's natural, protective mantle. I have know a few women over the years who never got into using cleansers, exfoliators, toners, makeup etc. and they always had perfect poreless, unblemished skin their whole lives, which seemed to support this philosophy.

After I dried my face, I would spray it with Heritage Rosewater Spray and then apply my Emu Oil. For a while I was still applying the Acne Treatment Gel every once in a while since I was still afraid of breakouts, but other than that... I didn't use any harsh product or synthetic chemicals on my face.

I have to say, the results were really incredible. The irritation and redness went way down, and I noticed pretty quickly that the scarring looked tremendously reduced on my cheeks. That really surprised me.

Breakouts were also reduced, and I pretty much stopped breaking out other than TTOTM, which was minimal. I think this was because my skin was so much less irritated washing it with water, and because the Wonder Cloth exfoliated so well, but much more gently than any topical product.

My skin became much more smooth, and I was thrilled to have the fine lines and scars diminish, and my chronically enlarged pores have almost disappeared.

This year I have switched from Emu Oil to Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil after reading a blog post by the owner of Adorned With Grace Minerals, which shed new light on why it can actually help prevent breakouts.

(I also started using Lucy Minerals foundation this year which has Coffee Fruit extract in it, and I have also been super impressed with that too.)

Anyway... the reason I have posted all of this in great detail on this particular thread is because after reading what I have about 302 Skincare and comparing it with my own experience just quitting and weaning from harsh irritating ingredients and even cleansers most of the time... it made me wonder how much of the benefit that people find following the 302 Skincare protocol is due to going off of acids and other irritating chemicals.

As someone who used BP and salicylic acid for so many years, the improvement just by giving those up and finding a natural and non-irritating routine has given my skin a chance to recover and heal... and the results have been tremendous. I am turning 45 and still get carded. (I love to see the shock on the person's face when they see my birth date and do a double take.)

So is there really something about the way they chemically changed avocado in a lab, (so that they could patent a natural substance and charge a ridiculous amount of money,) that really makes the difference? I don't know... but I can't help but ponder the question given my own experience.

I thought about trying it just to see, but for me personally, the products are not natural enough to take the chance, and way too pricey considering the results I am getting from water, a reusable cloth, rosewater spray and organic coconut oil. (And recently also the coffee fruit extract in my mineral makeup. - I'm even thinking of adding a bit of either reservatol or coffeeberry to my coconut oil so I can have the benefits on the rest of my body instead of just my face where I apply my mineral makeup.)

So... I hope this post doesn't offend or annoy anyone who uses the pricey 302 Skincare line. I just thought I would share my experience in case it could help someone who wants to get a similar result using a non-irritating routine, and also because I'm interested if anyone has any opinions on my theory that perhaps all or most of the benefits come from stopping the use of irritating products and instead using natural (or in the case of 302 somewhat natural) products. My way is much simpler and way easier on the wallet. Smile

PS: Sorry for writing so much, but I like to try and be as precise as possible about all the variables involved... in case anyone finds my ramblings helpful.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |