Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

New Product - SkinCeuticals Retexturing Activator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Just noticed this new product from skinceuticals.
It contains: "25% concentration of Hydroxyethyl Urea/Aminosulfonic Acid Compound with Kombuchka and Hyaluronic Acid".
Besides the HA I'm not sure what the the other ingredients are about.

http://www.skinceuticals.com/_us/_en/catalog/correct/retexturing-activator.htm
carmina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
I am also very interested in this product. Could anyone give explanation of its ingredients? It seems to me that it works similar to AHA products...
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Always interesting when SkinCeuticals launches a new product. I would also like to know how the exfoliating ingredient in this product compares with glycolic acid..

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
For some reason this product seem like a mystery, atleast to me, yet I'm still interested in it. I did some brief research on the ingredients but didnt come up with much. There are sample sizes on ebay. I may pick up some there but dont have the $ to get them any time soon.
lisaroberts
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
what you find out...this is a new one on me!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
For some reason this product seem like a mystery, atleast to me, yet I'm still interested in it. I did some brief research on the ingredients but didnt come up with much. There are sample sizes on ebay. I may pick up some there but dont have the $ to get them any time soon.

It's a mystery to me, too. All I see are the hydrating ingredients, what is the exfoliant that is comparable to 20% glycolic acid?
havana8

Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
All I could find so far was this:

New Skinceuticals Retexturing Activator

Skinceuticals Retexturing Activator is a simultaneous skin resurfacing and "replenishing" serum held to surpass the results of a conventional 20% daily glycolic acid treatment while simultaneously reinforcing the skin’s barrier for more moist, comfortable skin.

Similar to Skinceuticals Intense Line Defense, Skinceuticals Retexturing Activator produces both intensive exfoliation and hydration to help avoid or reduce skin dehydration, hypersensitivity and erythema which can occur with the use of high concentration skin resurfacing agents such as Jan Marini Bioglycolic Night Cream Rx and Glycolix Elite Facial Cream 20%.

Skinceuticals Retexturing Activator visibly diminishes fine lines, smoothes and softens skin texture and helps accelerate skin renewal.

Contains 25% "paradoxal compound" (Hydroxyethyl Urea/Aminosulfonic Acid — patent pending) which is effective at promoting cell differentiation while optimizing the skin's amino acid supply to reinforce the skin barrier, resulting in efficient epidermal renewal.

Sulfonic acid and urea, also available in Biomedic Exfozyme and Biomedic LHA Serum, are extremely effective and comfortable exfoliators and moisturizers for dry, mature skin.

Skinceuticals Retexturing Activator:

• Normalizes epidermal renewal to resurface the skin;
    • Stimulates enzymes that promote efficient desquamation without skin irritation;
    • Promotes cell differentiation encouraging new cell migration to the skin's surface;
    • Replenishes moisture levels critical for efficient cell differentiation and desquamation;
    • Reinforces skin's barrier by optimizing the amino acid supply, a key element of skin's natural moisturizing factor (NMF);
    • Smoothes skin and improves radiance and tone.

Unlike conventional formulations containing high concentrations of urea, Skinceuticals Retexturing Activator is more stable, lacks the scent of ammonia and is not sticky or tacky. Unlike glycolic acid, Skinceuticals Retexturing Activator will not deactivate retinoids or reduce the efficacy of salicylic acid if used as directed. In addition, the product may enhance the efficacy of kojic, ferulic and caffeic acids.

Retexturing Activator also contains Kombuchka and Hyaluronic Acid.

Potent without harsh side effects, Skinceuticals Retexturing Activator is formulated in an efficient, oil-free delivery system suitable for all skin types.

For best results, dry skin types should use Retexturing Activator in combination with sulfate-free cleansers and moisturizers containing ceramides.

USAGE—Twice daily, apply 4-6 drops of Skinceuticals Retexturing Activator to face, neck, and chest. For optimal results, use Skinceuticals Retexturing Activator in a SkinCeuticals regimen that includes a Skinceuticals Topical Antioxidant Serum and a Skinceuticals Broad-Spectrum Sunscreen.

http://www.treatment-skincare.com/Skinceuticals/Retexturing-Activator.html
milbader
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Confused Confused Urea Confused Confused

I am sure it is processed but where do they get it from?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
GirlieGirl wrote:

It's a mystery to me, too. All I see are the hydrating ingredients, what is the exfoliant that is comparable to 20% glycolic acid?

I think the Aminosulfonic Acid is the exfoliant.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
Also, in the skinceuticals recommended PM regiman it is listed as a hydrator, not an exfoliant.

http://www.skinceuticals.com/_us/_en/catalog/regimen/pm-regimen.aspx

And in the AM regiman it is listed as a hydrator as well.

http://www.skinceuticals.com/_us/_en/catalog/regimen/am-regimen.aspx
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:16 am      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
GirlieGirl wrote:

I think the Aminosulfonic Acid is the exfoliant.

Yep, you are right, Jom. Sorry, missed that. I looked up aminosulfonic acid, which is also known as sulfamic acid. I definitely need to do more research on this, but this is what I found from from wikipedia:

The most famous application of sulfamic acid is in the synthesis of compounds that taste sweet. Reaction with cyclohexylamine followed by addition of NaOH gives C6H11NHSO3Na, sodium cyclamate. Related compounds are also sweeteners, see acesulfame potassium.

Sulfamates (O-substituted-, N-substituted-, or di-/tri-substituted derivatives of sulfamic acid) have been used in the design of many types of therapeutic agents such as antibiotics, nucleoside/nucleotide human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) reverse transcriptase inhibitors, HIV protease inhibitors (PIs), anti-cancer drugs (steroid sulfatase and carbonic anhydrase inhibitors), anti-epileptic drugs, and weight loss drugs.

Sulfamic acid is used as an acidic cleaning agent, typically for metals and ceramics. It is a replacement for hydrochloric acid for the removal of rust. In households, it is often found as a descaling agent in detergents used for removal of limescale. From all acid, Sulfamic acid has the best water descaling property, thus also its application in cleaning dairy farm equipment and beer brewery. Although it is considered less corrosive than hydrochloric acid, in its application as acid cleaning, it is very common to find user adding corrosion inhibitor.

Sulfamic acid is used in the S.C. Johnson & Sons, Inc. "Scrubbing Bubbles Fizz-Its Toilet Tablets."
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |