Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Smashbox Photofinish Light foundation primer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
RGGAL365
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:36 am      Reply with quote
This primer was designed to work as well as Smashbox's signature primer but is "light" so that individuals with combination or oily skin could enjoy an oil-free primer. I have combination skin and found the original Smashbox primer caused my skin to become oily several hours after applying. Photofinish light does stay matte all day but I found that it really didn't allow my foundation to glide over my skin as any better than moisturizer and it is therefore unlikely that I would purchase it again.
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:13 am      Reply with quote
I do not like this primer...Actually, I like the makeup foundation base with some natural color, because I seldom use foundation.... This primer, with the color of clear, must be followed by some foundation after it, otherwise the skin color would not be perfect.
saisai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
I know some people really love it but it doesn't work on my face. If you are dry skin, don't use it in the winter time.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
I really wanted to love this also but didnt. Didnt love the original either. So many seem to love it but it didnt do anything special for me.
jadkin
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
I have very oily skin, so I decided to switch from the "normal" primer to the "light". I actually prefer the normal version to the light! It stays on longer and doesn't clog my pores at all. Surprise, surprise!

I am still looking for a good mattifying primer that doesn't crackle on my skin...
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah this one is only good for oily skin... use of it during the winter time is definitely a no-no for me
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:25 am      Reply with quote
yes, i don't like the primer either, I bought it from sephora years ago, just used less than 10 times.

I purchase the (white one - the oil-free), actually i want to try the transparent one.....

now i am using covermark primer from Japan
beautyrose
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:48 am      Reply with quote
I found Smashbox's signature primer is oil for me.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
I used to use Smashbox's primer all the time, but won't buy it anymore. Since they changed their packaging, I have had nothing but problems with it. The pump just stops working and I end up having to use a q-tip to get the product out of the bottle.

Lancome's La Base is similar to Smashbox, but lighter than the original. It still gives the matte look and feeling I get with the Smashbox, but it doesn't feel as heavy.

When my skin is really dry, I like the Nars primer. It is more of a light cream texture and doesn't feel like it is full of silicones (not saying that it doesn't have them, just that it is a different texture than Smashbox and La Base!!).

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:06 am      Reply with quote
I just got smashbox original primer sample from sephora. Haven't tried it yet..can anyone tell me what skin-type it is good for?
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
I can't speak for oily skin ... but I think the Original primer would be find for normal/combination or dry skin. My skin is definitely dry and I was able to use it without any issues.

It is a good product. I stopped using it because of repeated issues with the bottle. It stopped pumping the product out. I switched over to La Base by Lancome. The pump is much better and I only need a very small amount - about half the amount I used with Smashbox.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |