Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What supplements do you take for your skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
skincareaddict75
5% products discount

Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
I take the following- and it seems to really help. I can notice a difference in my skin when I stop taking them.

1-Multivitamin- I use Super Crusade from Trader Joe's and love it- as directed.

2-Emergen- C (the kind with both Vitamin C and MSM)- twice a day

3- once cap Omega 3 Fatty Acids 1200mg
4- once cap Complete EFA 1200 mg (combo of flaxseed, Borage and Fish oils)
(I get these from Trader Joe's as well, but I am sure there are other brands)

5- vitamin D (since I stay out of the sun and wear sunscreen)

6- Cal/Mag/Zinc tabs (whatever is on sale).

7- I add lemon and Apple Cider Vinegar to my water in the morning
NOTCH
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Squalene!!

Then other supplements because of my hobby of bodybuilding:

Daily Vitamin
Essential Fatty Acids from Flax Seed Oil (refrigerated because it is unstable)
Branched Chain Amino Acids
Extra.... Vitamin C, E, A, and D

and as much water as I can physically drink in a day... which is probably the most important thing you can do for good, healthy, soft and supple skin.

John

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
I take multivitamins Centrum, vitamin B 100 complex, vitamin C, calcium with vitamin D.

5% products discount

Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
I tend to *really* see a difference in my skin when I stop taking the oil supplements, as well as the c.
lilyofthevalley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:29 am      Reply with quote
I take grapeseed capsules each day.

Also, I take multi-Vitamin supplement.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:42 am      Reply with quote
Multivitamin (Centrum Women's senior or GNC Mega Ultra)

MSM with water and oil soluble vit. C

Krill oil (this helps to lessen hormonal acne)

Biosil (for silica)

Calcium/Magnesium
carmina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
I am interested in grape seed supplements. I hear that it has function of boosting collagen. But I am afraid of side-effect.
skincareaddict75
5% products discount

Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
Grapeseed extract is an antioxidant. It's generally regarded as safe, I have not heard about any side effects, but if you have concerns, talk to your doctor. I used to take it but I can't swallow so many pills so trimmed it down to what I feel is completely necessary.
MarieIG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
Healthy Hair Skin & Nails from Andrew Lessman,

Fish oil,

Emergy C with MSM

B complex

Vit D

Vit E

Grapeseed,

Sometimes a joint powder, which is also good for the skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:32 am      Reply with quote
I think vitamin b complex is a good supplement. And besides, vitamin c and e is very very essential, because these two vitamin is related to our skin's health tightly.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:15 am      Reply with quote
MSM powder, hyaluronic acid, vit c, alpha lipoic acid, vit B complex, 100% acai juice, barleans essential woman, multi vitamin, astaxanthin.

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
RGGAL365
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:04 am      Reply with quote
For healthy skin, I take fish oil caps, evening primrose oil and I grind 2 tablespoons of flax seed into a smoothie or cereal each day.
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
RGGAL365 wrote:
For healthy skin, I take fish oil caps, evening primrose oil and I grind 2 tablespoons of flax seed into a smoothie or cereal each day.

Haha, I used to think fish oil caps is good for our brain, because it contain the DNA and RNA.
Primrose is cool, but we have to be sure that if the plant's oil can be eaten or not, otherwist it would stimulate our stomach and can not be absorbed.
elee123
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:20 am      Reply with quote
My son takes the Perfect Skin supplement for his acne and it has helped me.
His skin has cleared up a lot after taking for about 2 months.
elee123
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:23 am      Reply with quote
As for myself, I take Flaxseed, Omega3, vitamin A, E, C, selenium, zinc, green tea, multivitamin, grapeseed, probiotic, calcium. I am taking all these supplement hoping that my acne will clear up and anti-aging.
irrerly

Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Have quickly thought)
butterfliesandflowers
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Msm
multi vitamin
l-Carnosine
Pycnogonol
Vitamin c with rosehip
: D
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
The supplements that make the most difference for me are Omega 3 (I take a lot: about 3000 mg daily) and silicon drops. My dry winter skin went away when I boosted my Omega 3 intake. It's also good for mental health. I also drink plenty of water and try to eat a balanced diet with lots of veg and fruit.

I used to take a multivitamin, but it had too much biotin in it, which made me break out. I'm going to start a new one soon.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
carnosine, benfotiamine, proline, ala, Omega-3 fish oil, Dermalipid, glucosamine, white fish collagen, collagen and HA, pycnogenol, resveratrol, green tea, Ester-C, silica, biotin, CoQ10 super absorbency and a few others to reduce the inflammatory response such as turmeric and cat's claw.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:45 am      Reply with quote
Wow Antonia....

It varies for me - and changes.
I continue to take MSM and bioSil but my favorite skin care "supplement" is green smoothies or green drinks (I also do copious amounts of chlorella and/or spirulina.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:20 am      Reply with quote
vitamin A

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Wow Antonia....

It varies for me - and changes.
I continue to take MSM and bioSil but my favorite skin care "supplement" is green smoothies or green drinks (I also do copious amounts of chlorella and/or spirulina.

I forgot to mention the MSM. I'm into the green smoothies too and need to get a better juicer/blender than the appalling Lalanne thing I got from Costco. Whole leaves get sucked through and end up in the fibre bin at the back. Such a waste. I just bought the smoothie book and it looks very interesting.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
The following powders added to green smoothies each morning: coq10, msm, rosehips, one tbspn of hempseed oil or hemp seeds or chia seeds or flax meal (3 tbspn); and in winter months cod liver oil.
In capsule form Carnosine & alpha lipoic acid.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
My current vitamins are:

BioSil, GNC hair, skin and nails, Co-Q10, Vegetarian Omega 3 and Vegetarian DHA. I've taken hyaluronic acid but I finished it and I don't think I'll re-order it. I take iron, folic acid and vitamin D. Also, I take B12 and zinc once in a blue moon.

I have not noticed any change from the vitamins. After I started taking BioSil and the GNC vitamins, my stylist (who obviously is unaware of my vitamin intake!) commented that my hair had grown quite fast. However, I don't notice it shinier or thicker Sad

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
I like Imedeen time perfection.

Also Ridgecrest Hair Revive for my hair.

Heliocare in the summer.

Murad pomegrate supplements .

I have used Murad Collagen Builder supplements and Jan Marinia as well. (now that I am using Hair Revive, do not want to take them all at once as I believe it would be too much of a good thing, lol!! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |