Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Tanda Review
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
RGGAL365
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
I thought I would share my Tanda experience...
I purchased the Tanda with both the red and blue heads 7 months ago. I loved the results I had in terms of how well my skin almost glowed and that I was finally pretty well acne-free.

However, I felt a little uneasy about the company when I first called to ask them how I should apply the two different serums prior to using the two different heads. The response from customer service was that I need to apply the blue head serum, let it absorb, then wash it off and use the blue light. I was advised to do the same with the red head serum. The serums were quite expensive and so I questioned why they would be advising me to wash them off after applying to which they responded that I didn't even really need the serums at all as they had no effect on the efficiency of the Tanda unit and even suggested I return the serums.

Upon hearing this I returned one of my recently purchased serums and the cosmetic department staff at the store where I returned the product were shocked to hear what Tanda representatives were recommending as this contradicted their training on the proper use of Tanda. They also phoned Tanda and were given the same information as I was.

Shortly after, my Tanda unit stopped holding it's charge and Tanda customer service advised my that it was fine to return my Tanda as it was still under warranty. I exchanged it for another but found that within a few days of usage, both the red and blue heads were falling off the new unit while in use. I did return this unit for a full refund and decided that, while this product did some amazing things for my skin, the company really needs to work out some of the flaws in the Tanda in order to convince me that I can trust in the quality of their product.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the great review. I was interested to try this, too, but I guess I won't now.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
I tried it for a little less then a month, and found it to be quite effective for the wrinkles. I did not need Blue Light so I ended up returning it.

I have not yet found any other light that would have any impact on my skin - and I tried several - original ALS ( excellent for pain relief), DPL (did nothing), Prolight Platinum and Blue (waste of money) and the one I have but barely used so can not really pass judgement is AALS.

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Sigma and RGGAL
How long do you leave the Tanda head on each spot? How long in total treatment time each session? How often do you use it each week? TIA!
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Bira,

I do not remember, since it was awhile ago, but I believe I followed the instructions that came with the machine. I only remember that it did not take too long, since I used it mainly under eyes and on the forehead.

HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:57 am      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
I tried it for a little less then a month, and found it to be quite effective for the wrinkles. I did not need Blue Light so I ended up returning it.

I have not yet found any other light that would have any impact on my skin - and I tried several - original ALS ( excellent for pain relief), DPL (did nothing), Prolight Platinum and Blue (waste of money) and the one I have but barely used so can not really pass judgement is AALS.

HTH

Sigma - I'm thinking about buying a LED light therapy product and am bewildered by the choice. In your experience of having tried all the main makers, are they all a waste of money? There are so many rave reviews (are they all marketing people??)
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:09 am      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:
sigma wrote:

HTH

Sigma - I'm thinking about buying a LED light therapy product and am bewildered by the choice. In your experience of having tried all the main makers, are they all a waste of money? There are so many rave reviews (are they all marketing people??)

Miranda, not sigma, but I am as confused as you. I also don't know if you can trust rave reviews, but the ones on EDS seem more reliable. At least I feel like they are probably real persons like me. I recently found that Sephora sells a Tanda. Doesn't Sephora have a 30-day money back guarantee; if you don't like their products, you can return in 30 days? Skinstore.com also has a money back guarantee for 30 days, but I don't know if they carry Tanda or not.
RGGAL365
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Bira- I used the Tanda Blue over my t-zone for 30secs on each area. My total time was 3-4 minutes, twice a day.
The red head also beeps every 30 seconds to remind you to move to another area or you may keep it on the same area if you want. I used the red head for 20 minutes, once a day.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:46 am      Reply with quote
I have not yet fully tried AALS - but it is reasonably priced and has 90 days return policy with the people actually standing behind the product (I did return original ALS and Blue - so I am speaking from experience).

I also always had very positive experience with Nanci (from NCNpro) - never a problem and she also has a good return policy, so you can try and see if any of these work for you.

The prices of hand held Dermawave is similar to QuasarPro (which my mom has and had seen no results from either, but she did not use it enough to really judge).

I would go for either of these two.

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
I tried it for a little less then a month, and found it to be quite effective for the wrinkles.

Hi, sigma. Why didn't you keep using the Tanda if you found it to be that effective for wrinkles?
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
At the time I did not need the Blue light, and did not want to waste money.

Foolish, perhaps, but ....

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:53 am      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
At the time I did not need the Blue light, and did not want to waste money.

Foolish, perhaps, but ....

Thanks, Sigma.
elee123
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:31 am      Reply with quote
I use the blue light for my acne and I find that the bumps go down quicker than usual. I use the red light on my brown spot and I do see the spot getting lighter. I am just not sure about wearing the eye mask when using it. What is the effect use I just close my eyes and not wearing it. It is just a nuisance!
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review I was considering purchasing the TANDA but after hearing this Im just not interested in wasting that much money, more here in Australia
icyj
5% products discount

Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:10 am      Reply with quote
I wish i read this thread before getting myself the TANDA! I'll update on any results or failures. I also ahve Clarisonic and thats doing a great job for the cleaning part im hoping the tanda treats everything!
stargazer_LiLy

Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
I've had my Tanda for 3 months and it was fantastic during that time. It cleared my hormonal acne so well. I love how gentle it is on the skin! But it now no longer holds a proper charge - it starts cutting out after 3 minutes. I bought mine from skincareRX who only have a 60 day return policy. They would not allow me to return it for a refund. So now I'm stuck getting an exchange directly from Tanda under their 1 year warranty. But I am worried the same problem will re-occur with the next one. I was thinking of getting a different device such as Lightstim (and then selling my Tanda) but all these devices are not cheap! What if Lightstim stops working after a while? I'm really not sure what to do. Confused Can anyone comment on that?

In short, I don't really recommend Tanda at all. If only it was NOT cordless. I think that is the main problem with it. It uses too much power for a rechargeable battery. If I could plug it into the wall and use it that way, I'd be really happy.
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi stargazer lily - I've had my AAlightstim for 20 months. It has thousands of hours of lighting available. Have used mine consistently and love it. If you go to the
AAlightstim thread and read, you'll see the rave reviews. ALso if you go to the lightstim.com url and get their 800#, they can talk with you more about the warranty and the length the light is supposed to last.
Good luck DiPhx

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:18 am      Reply with quote
Stargazer Lily
The Tanda (Professional) I ordered from EDS can be plugged into the wall with the charger cord. Not being able to hold a charge is one of the problems everyone complains about. I don't even bother, I just plug it in. The only problem I have I have to order the replacement head directly from the company. I'm in the process now since I lost my red light.
stargazer_LiLy

Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the replies.

Doohicus - I didn't know you could use Tanda plugged in like that! It sounds a bit awkward to use this way but it's better than nothing I guess. Did you originally try to exchange your Tanda for another or just give up and use it plugged in?

I hope Tanda are fixing this issue. Surely they must realise there is a problem. They must be inundated with customer complaints?
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased my Tanda over a year ago. 2 years? When they first came out. This not keeping a charge has been a problem from the beginning. I didn't bother to return it. I'm surprised to hear it's still a problem! I would have thought it could be fixed. Try emailing Tanda. They will reply quickly. Sorry I don't have address handy.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:46 am      Reply with quote
I've heard nothing but bad things about Tanda. Never tried it myself, so I don't know. But I always hear about how cheap the product is, and how bad the customer service is. For what the Tanda costs ($400), you're better off going cheaper and getting the LightStim ($325) or even something with a similar price, such as the Baby Q. One thing I suppose Tanda has is the red AND blue LED heads, BUT ... to me, 400 dollars is not worth it for a battery powered device, especially when I've heard the LED heads sometimes come off, and the battery doesn't hold it's charge. Not raining on Tanda's parade, but I believe there are other devices out there that can give you better, faster results.
wawakiko

Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:31 am      Reply with quote
I purchased the Tanda a few months ago, 80% of the lights are blown out and it has not held a battery charge after a week of use.
I sent it back to Tanda for replacement, now it has been 3 months and I still haven't received my replacement, nor can I get in touch with them. They ignore all my emails and voice mail, and they never answer the phone. There goes $400 dollars for nothing??? Worst Customer Service ever, buyer stay beware!
stargazer_LiLy

Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:47 am      Reply with quote
I contacted Tanda on November 19 via email and Sheila replied the following day. They are quite happy to replace mine for a new one. They are sending me a pre-paid Fedex address label but I am still waiting for it to arrive.Confused I am in Australia though I guess... I will have to be patient.

In the meantime I'm using it plugged in. It's less convenient but functions perfectly fine this way. I'm actually relying on it less for my acne these days since starting a zinc supplement. (I'm very happy about this!!)

I'll keep you all posted.
wawakiko

Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:12 am      Reply with quote
They have sent me the fedex return label too thru email, but after I sent my tanda (both blue and red) back to them, I'm unable to get in touch with them. It's been 3 months now since the tracking information shows it has reached their return center in TX.

I've called their customer service number numerous times, and the call is directed to their voicemail. I leave a message everytime and have yet to receive a call back?? Does anyone actually work there anymore???

I can't believe just a simple request for replacement would take up to 3 months and it seems that they disappear after receiving the return.
stargazer_LiLy

Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:04 am      Reply with quote
Wow. Do you live in the US Wawakiko? I'm starting to think maybe it isn't worth it to send my Tanda back afterall. I'm really shocked you can't get in contact with anyone at Tanda about this.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |