Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
New to Mineral Makeup.........
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
JordanMayTwigs
5% products discount

Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:34 am      Reply with quote
I am new to Mineral Makeup.
And would like to try some Mineral Eye Shadows.
Any good Recs?

Also I don't want to use Bare Minerals.
Or Bare Essentials.

Peace Love && Lipstick
XOXOXOX
JordanMayTwigs.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Check out Lumiere and Lauress. I like products from both companies.
MarieIG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:40 am      Reply with quote
I like Skinn eyeshadows, but don't know if they have enough minerals for your taste. They have nice colors and staying power and don't make my lids look crapey. I copied the ingredient list from the website if you're interested.

grape seed extract, tocopherol acetate (Vit. E), retinol (Vit. A), wild yam extract, palmitoyl pentapeptide-3, mica, titanium dioxide, jojoba oil, kaolin, zea mays (corn) starch, nylon-12, ultramarine, sodium hyaluronate. MAY CONTAIN: CI 75470 (carmine), CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77288 (chromium oxide greens), CI 77742 (manganese violet)

5% products discount

Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Thank you both so very much.
I will look into these lines.

I've also seen Calypso Mineral Shadows.
Which are WAY pigmented.
Have you tried these??

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
I like Amazing cosmetics. I have all my make-up from this line with some exceptions of Lavera make-up and Mac foundation.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
Aromaleigh has a huge array of colors and if you really want super pigment they also sell many colors of pure pigment no additives you can even mix your own colors with them. By the way the also sell samples so you can decide if the color works for you before investing in a full sized product.

HTH

BTW GREAT CS I have purchased from many times.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
Try Physician's Formula. They have good colours and is good for sensitive skins.
breezy42
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:26 am      Reply with quote
Glo Minerals and Jane Iredale are my favorites.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
I loooove mineral makeup. I have tried about a dozen brands. I like eye shadows from Silk Naturals. Weekly specials include a free gift (right now it is an eye shadow) with an order over $10.00. Reasonable shipping costs to Canada. I like her blushes, lippies, finishing powders and eye shadows.

I also like some other companies such as Joppa (foundation - Morning glow); Beautiful Girl minerals (samples are .50 each) for foundation, concealer, eye shadows. Also Adorned with Grace for brushes and more minerals. AWG has free shipping for Canada and US.

If you want to read about many brands of MMU, I suggest going to the delphi mineral mania forum.

mineralmania . com
You do need to register.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
Autumn1995,
I know I can't live without mine, I must have at least 10 brands, all different then the ones you listed. Too bad we can't play in each others, I think if I buy more my room will explode Bad Grin
I can't ever imagine going back to regular foundation again.
Thanks for the link, even though I know it will get me in trouble with my CC LOL.

DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry for asking a silly question, does mineral make up stays as long as regular or they are even better?

I'm new to mineral make up and would like to find out more from seasoned users Wink
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
Ang3LiCD3viLZ wrote:
Sorry for asking a silly question, does mineral make up stays as long as regular or they are even better?

I'm new to mineral make up and would like to find out more from seasoned users Wink

I have been using it for over 10 years I am living for the past 7 in sub-tropics. I find it to stay much better than traditional foundations through down pours, humidity, eyes tearing from allergies. You need to practice application a little to get it just right at first, a very little goes a long way, and layering to achieve desired coverage is best.
What ever brand you choose a great site for application tips and trouble shooting is:

http://aromaleigh.com

I like their products, they have great CS and reading the above mentioned sections really helps you understand the best method for using any MMU

HTH
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry,
I meant to add not a silly question at all!
Very Happy
DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Ang3LiCD3viLZ wrote:

MMU is the absolute best makeup I have ever used and will never go back to liquid. Everything about it is better...application is a breeze (I could literally do it in the dark, Wink as DM said you can layer as much as you need for desired coverage, I've never worn a foundation that stayed on as well, it doesn't turn a different color on you by the end of the day, doesn't cause irritation to my rosacea/acne prone skin. This is one product I could never give up. I've been using Bare Escentuals for about 8 years but am always willing to try something new. I think there are a ton of choices, you just have to find the one that works for you. Start with brands that offer samples so you are spending so much and don't give up if you don't find one you love right away. There's one out there Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:49 am      Reply with quote
I also like Joppa Minerals. I haven't tried any others so I can't compare it. I use the morning dew. I also like to mix a little in my am moisturizer and make a tinted moisturizer.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
oranges wrote:
I also like Joppa Minerals. I haven't tried any others so I can't compare it. I use the morning dew. I also like to mix a little in my am moisturizer and make a tinted moisturizer.

you can mix any MMU with your moisturizer and actually make it from very sheer coverage to as heavy coverage as you need. I do this sometimes when in a hurry but do find for the best look brush application does the best job in overall appearance as well as layering just the right amount.

IMHO
DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

I have been using it for over 10 years I am living for the past 7 in sub-tropics. I find it to stay much better than traditional foundations through down pours, humidity, eyes tearing from allergies. You need to practice application a little to get it just right at first, a very little goes a long way, and layering to achieve desired coverage is best.
What ever brand you choose a great site for application tips and trouble shooting is:

http://aromaleigh.com

I like their products, they have great CS and reading the above mentioned sections really helps you understand the best method for using any MMU

HTH
DM

Hi DM,

Thank you for your generous reply. I browsed through the link and there're plenty of guides and explaination about MMU. It's really useful for newbies like me and again thanks for sharing your experience. Will venture more to MMU.
Ang3LiCD3viLZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Songbird wrote:

MMU is the absolute best makeup I have ever used and will never go back to liquid. Everything about it is better...application is a breeze (I could literally do it in the dark, Wink as DM said you can layer as much as you need for desired coverage, I've never worn a foundation that stayed on as well, it doesn't turn a different color on you by the end of the day, doesn't cause irritation to my rosacea/acne prone skin. This is one product I could never give up. I've been using Bare Escentuals for about 8 years but am always willing to try something new. I think there are a ton of choices, you just have to find the one that works for you. Start with brands that offer samples so you are spending so much and don't give up if you don't find one you love right away. There's one out there Wink

Hi Songbird,

Thank you for your encounragement and knowledge sharing. The link provided by DM really useful and they do sell sample. Will surely give it a try especially their oil control powder, something I need badly for my combi skin at T-zone area. Again, thanks ya Very Happy
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Ang3LiCD3viLZ,

I am glad you found the link helpful! I know I was thrilled to find the site, and I do like the brand very much, there is something for all skin types!
I found the info very helpful when I was new at using this. They always include samples to try different things with a full order
Very Happy
the lack of Bismuth is a big plus for those sensitive to it. I have to admit that the fact it is a woman owened business doesn't hurt either!
DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
I love Bare Minerals and Laura Geller mineral makeup.

In applying mineral makeup I would recommend that you start with a little and work up from there if you need more coverage. It is easy to put too much on and then it looks terrible.
Ang3LiCD3viLZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi DarkMoon,

I'm equally glad you shared the link Wink . In fact, I find they are really nice to provide free shipping for sample only purchase. Whereby I find it's very useful for people who plan to venture more to MMU or product switch.

Though the sample packaging may not be extravagant, but that's what makes it more affordable.

I bet the fact that it's a women owned business which makes it flexible and fabulous~
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ang3LiCD3viLZ,

As a little really goes a long way the sample should be enough for a couple of applications at least, you can get an idea of the shade and type that is best for you.
I have found with the free samples I received of eye shadow and lip glosses the samples were quite generous!
I am glad you found the link helpful! I actually printed out some suggestions for application about 5 years ago for my daughters when I got them to try MMU at almost 29 and 20 they have been hooked on MMU ever since I bought them their first foundation!
Whatever brand you choose their sight is full of great info.

IMHO
DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:02 am      Reply with quote
is there any side effects of the Mineral Makeup???
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Tiffany121,
MMU is what gives regular foundations their color ie: micronized minerals minus all the other additives such as wax and oils. Many contain mineral oil.
The only thing some people find a sensitivity to is Bismuth Oxychloride, the brand I linked to Aromaleigh makes theirs without any. All in all it is better for the skin, and has none of those pore clogging ingredients.

HTH
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Tiffany121,
MMU is what gives regular foundations their color ie: micronized minerals minus all the other additives such as wax and oils. Many contain mineral oil.
The only thing some people find a sensitivity to is Bismuth Oxychloride, the brand I linked to Aromaleigh makes theirs without any. All in all it is better for the skin, and has none of those pore clogging ingredients.

HTH
DM

Most mineral makeup is formulated without Bismuth Oxychloride. Bare Essentals (BE) still has it in the original forumla and some department store brands. Most mineral makeup companies list the ingredients right on their site.

Some people have a problem with mica. (Mica gives a glow or shimmer.) There is brands without mica also if you think this is a problem.

On .mineralmakeupmania. com (delphi forums) there is a link for common companies for ingredients. This forum talks about different brands and there is a section with ongoing mineral makeup and skin care sales.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |